vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Only Nora and pregnancy system left for a happy game-experience.
And with cheating stuff already there...
*sweating heavily*

Shas'O

Feb 3, 2018
Only Nora and pregnancy system left for a happy game-experience.
And with cheating stuff already there...
*sweating heavily*
But it still deeply concerns me that the returning characters are not using the old models (or so I remembered)

OmarSpec

Sep 11, 2018
This is not LR2 specific but a general game design problem. Everytime a user wants 'managable progression' there will be 'grind'. LR1 went the other way by mostly using RND as a tool which wasnt appreciated either. People mostly despise randomized stat changes and ask for progression oriented games but then hate the grind. A ever-turning wheel ;)
You can have progression without having the tedious, monotonous grind that this game has though. Diablo is a "grindy" game, but it has actual mechanics that the player has to engage with. You do well and get rewarded with more progression; you do poorly and you die or lose progress.

This doesn't have anything like that. The gameplay is so trivial it might as well not exist. Throw any random girl in HR and your company runs at perfect efficiency forever. Even the most basic serums run huge profit margins so you never have any actual risk of messing up. It's supposed to be a business management game, but you never actually have to manage anything. You're just killing time waiting for variable x to reach arbitrary number y.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
You can have progression without having the tedious, monotonous grind that this game has though. Diablo is a "grindy" game, but it has actual mechanics that the player has to engage with. You do well and get rewarded with more progression; you do poorly and you die or lose progress.
Serious man - you draw a multimillion AAA Blizzard product as comparison to this? Grind is still grind as both products have the same design concept working in the background. Cant have progression without it and how each player defines 'grind' is actually a subjective thing.

You're just killing time waiting for variable x to reach arbitrary number y.
Same as Diablo series basically. The math in the background is the same - the waiting period just looks nicer and prettier in Diablo.

Or in short: You just earned a troll medal for that one :)

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
I think I found a bug related to Alexia. After I hired her and put her into marketing, she stopped working after some days. I saw in the daily report no more profit showing up and I found her back in Downtown (where her cafe job was). She stands there the whole day and night. After insulting her work morale (and gaining some obedience from her) I clicked on "move into a new devision" and sended her back to marketing. Since then I have 2 Alexia roaming around in town. 1 in Downtown and 1 in my marketing office. It´s gonna be interesting to see If I get this 'bug' again and get another clone of her.

Can maybe someone with patreon account point out this bug to Vren?

OmarSpec

Sep 11, 2018
Serious man - you draw a multimillion AAA Blizzard product as comparison to this? Grind is still grind as both products have the same design concept working in the background. Cant have progression without it and how each player defines 'grind' is actually a subjective thing.
I picked Diablo because it's a game that a lot of people are familiar with, not because of its budget. That's completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with how top-of-the-line the game's graphics are or how bombastic its soundtrack is, and everything to do with whether or not the game has a functional gameplay loop that keeps players interested while the progression happens. Good games have that; this one does not.

Same as Diablo series basically. The math in the background is the same - the waiting period just looks nicer and prettier in Diablo.
Again this is missing the point. Obviously there's a progression system in all of these kinds of games at the most superficial level. The whole point of a progression-based game is that you AREN'T just waiting for it to happen. You have to engage with the game and its mechanics, make decisions and take risks. And if you want to progress further, that means tackling even more difficult challenges to go along with it.

In Lab Rats 2, as it is right now, there is nothing like that. After the first 3 minutes when you set up employees, you might as well tape down your mouse on the "Wait Here" button and go do something else while you wait for it to finish itself.

t4nk44

Aug 7, 2017
Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but when a staff member goes off to get training at a seminar, i get an exception error. Happened on the previous version also. IS this a known bug? Happening for anyone else? Can't see any notes about it in the OP

claus231

Feb 25, 2018
I'm still not sure how to raise core sluttiness, I would use a serum that raises suggestibility and have sex with a character (and make them orgasm) but it seems like it doesn't change any stats...

I'm not really sure the best way to raise this stat as I'm not able to find a way to get temporary sluttiness.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
I raise core sluttiness with sex, but it raise only sometimes (without serum) ... I experienced the bigger the difference between normal sluttiness and core sluttiness , the more often the core one rises. Without serum it´s pretty hard to raise core in an accepable rate.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
There are basically 2 situations you encounter to raise core slutiness:
With serum - this is tricky. It all depends on the base level of your partner now and if there are any side effects. It simply allows to engage sexually with a partner that otherwise wouldnt without serum. Now the standard rules apply thus you need to satisfy your partner enough and engage with challenging sexual activity to raise sluttiness above the already existing value to get any gains. Depending on place and audience this can backfire too. By giving her orgasms above the existing core values the core should raise now.
Without serum - date them. By going the 'traditional' route of dining and whining you can often achieve a lot more than with a serum ;)

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Anyone else getting errors when Alexia gets unhappy with her job?

EDIT: So it's not just when she's unhappy. Something's bugged with her appearance. I get errors every time the game tires to display her onscreen. Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:

Zurax

Mar 25, 2017
Is there a console command for advancing the mastery level, since all the grind sucks... ;-)
Yeah there is. I put it in the list of console commands I used a lot (on page 96). Just select the mastery research you want to increase and then use:
mc.business.listener_system.fire_event("player_research",amount = mc.business.research_progress(9999,999,999))

That should instantly increase your mastery of the currently selected research up to something crazy to the point where lower tiered research gets 0% chance of side effects and the end-game research gets 0-3% chance of side effects. If it still isn't zero you can just do it again with 999 or even 99 instead of the 9999.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Not sure if this has been reported/addressed (a cursory search/glance through the last few pages didn't turn up anything) but loading up an old (17.1) save gives me an error every time I move to a new part of the company:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8042, in script call
    $ the_greeter.call_dialogue("work_enter_greeting")
  File "game/personalities.rpy", line 1628, in script
    "[the_person.title] walks over to you when you come into the room."
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show()
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5038, in execute
    screen person_info_ui(the_person): #Used to display stats for a person while you're talking to them.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5038, in execute
    screen person_info_ui(the_person): #Used to display stats for a person while you're talking to them.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5063, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5070, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5075, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5086, in execute
    for role in the_person.special_role:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5087, in execute
    if not role.hidden:
AttributeError: 'Role' object has no attribute 'hidden'
ETA: Mucked around a bit more, and practically everything I do prompts from one to seven error messages. Is this a simple case of so much rejigging that old saves won't work, or is there anything I can do to salvage the grind?

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
how to activate console ?
Go to where you installed the game and find the subfolder \renpy\common\, open the file 00console.rpy in an editor (e.g. Notepad++), look for the lines:
Code:
# If true, the console is enabled despite config.developer being False.
    config.console = False
Change False to True, save and exit.

Ctrl+O opens console in-game.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes