Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
People have the memories of goldfish, just a month ago the same conversation happened, and in the end everyone remembered that the thing Vren doing was a graphical overhaul, which takes ages.

To save everyone some time: Vren is still working on his new image system, which still takes ages.
What is the source of this info? I'd be glad to hear it, as almost two months ago LabRats2 went open-source, and apart from a few bugfixes and typo fixes from the community, nothing is happening. Specifically, no commits from Vren has been published since October 11th. There's no way of knowing what he's working on, if at all.

If you do have any new information, please share it so we can benefit from it as well. If you don't, stop insulting people. Vren has not been active in any channels I have access to since November 7th.

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
People have the memories of goldfish, just a month ago the same conversation happened, and in the end everyone remembered that the thing Vren doing was a graphical overhaul, which takes ages.

To save everyone some time: Vren is still working on his new image system, which still takes ages.

I resent that statement I have have the memory of somewhere between a cat fish and an electric ell.

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Why so aggressive? Are you in any danger?

I recall the discussion you refer to, and I don't think the current one is without merits. While I also hope this game is not abandoned, the repeated silence from Vren does not improve my trust in this project. I'm not a defeatist, I'm not convinced the game is abandoned, I'm just concerned. So don't insult other people, as nobody is attacking you.

What I think is, Vren has no real interest in engaging the community in what he thinks is his own creation. As such, he doesn't feel obliged to give us any progress feedback, or even any information on what his current roadblock is. This is the bane of perfectionists (been there myself, done that many times). It eats into their motivation, the once beloved project becomes the hated one, and gets abandoned. People fear this fate awaits LR2 as well. Tell me, is this fear unfounded?

Also, it's not the way open-sourcing should work. Vren should explicitly state what his problems are, and try to involve more experienced people into this project. Communication is key here. And that communication is lacking with Vren.

If I face a huge roadblock for a month, I'm trying to enlist all the help I can. I don't see anything like that from Vren, and it's not a month, it's six. My real question to you was, do you? I assume you don't either. So, you just found an opportunity to be aggressive and insulting. This speaks volumes about you, but doesn't really add anything of value to the discussion. So, why bother?
No one wants to engage with reddit-speak outside reddit, shit's painful and unproductive.

Anyway, he did actually detail his problems, project blockages, absence (posts when he has made progress only), and what his progress is. He always has. A one month gap that was not unexpected to happen shouldn't come as a surprise.

This is one dude making a game, what creative direction and design decisions he makes are ultimately his, so if he doesn't agree with feedback that's his decision to make, not a failure on his part. As for "not open-sourcing correctly" the specific problems would be listed in the "issues" tab on the git, assuming that the public git page is where he's making changes which I doubt.

Reactions: Kggt and hyfka

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Any plans of adding dates through phone texts as long as you have the other person's number?

What's the console command to learn a person's home location?

Last edited:

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
What's the console command to learn a person's home location?
mc.known_home_locations.append(the_person.home)
Since you've been quite active in the mods thread I'm assuming you're using the modded game version, where you can use the simpler and safer the_person.learn_home()

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Well I for one am seriously looking forwards to this graphical overhaul. If it makes the models look more like they did in Lab Rats 1 it will be a massive improvement.

Reactions: Bricecube and 4GunZ

manticore912

Jul 13, 2017
Well I for one am seriously looking forwards to this graphical overhaul. If it makes the models look more like they did in Lab Rats 1 it will be a massive improvement.
I hope they don't go back to the old models. It's not that they look bad but they are ripped from a totally separate game and I personally like the models for Lab Rats 2 better. At least the game won't be just another of the million games that rip assets out of Illusion games.

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
I don't mind the models because I think the graphics are alright as they are. Having live2d animations with new models would be nice but not required.

More serum content is required though and I'm anxiously awaiting some kind of update from vren.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
The overhaul is done, all chars are paint in black in a room without light :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
"Done" is totally has a subjective use as a term and or an action, just ask anyone of my (drunk vs sober) girlfriends. :rolleyes:

done don.gif

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
that rip assets out of Illusion games.
That's uh... one way to look at it.
I can't speak for all of their games, but the Koikatsu and Honey Select "games" are barely games. They are, however, fairly extensive 3D character modeling (designing?) software... which is executed separate from the "game."
Complaining about the use of Illusion characters is kind of like complaining about someone designing and using Poser models.
HS2 samples, my designs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bricecube and jura7
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes