aefertag

Jan 20, 2017
The correct answer, as normal, is Mom or Nora.
Are the below linked to the amount of influence/lack of resistance, or the public slut path?

Reactions: mav2099

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
The correct answer, as normal, is Mom or Nora.
Are the below linked to the amount of influence/lack of resistance, or the public slut path?
Actually I was sort of torn between Nora and Sis.
The lower, more revealing suits, are linked to the influence. They are not public slut paths, since the beach is meant to be a new location that you can get to, but you only have limited options, like the Lab, where morning and afternoon events can happen. Those events can change depending on your influence. I'm waiting for more details until that release gets closer, though Vren usually keeps well to what he intends to do I don't know what version this will fully be implemented in.

Since he is already planning Lab Rats 2, this one has a few more releases until its done.

aefertag

Jan 20, 2017
Yeah, being on v0.8 already means that planning ahead's pretty smart. At least vren actually does put out a decent amount of content each month (heck lab rats is already a pretty complete game, he could have ended it before implementing the tag system and just started on a second and i'd have been fine)

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Another update from Vren!

A large portion of the traffic for Lab Rats comes through Reddit, and I do my best to be fairly active over there. One of the most common things I saw were posts of the nature "What are some good games?", and Lab Rats is one of the common replies. If it's not provided I like to leave a link pointing here, so people can download the game from the official source rather than one of the sketchy re-hosts google might point you towards. After doing this a few times, I realized it's a pretty simple, repetitive task, and I could make a little script that did it for me. I've always wanted to play around with the Reddit API, so I took a few hours and made myself a little bot.

What does this bot do, you ask? It looks through the top posts on the popular NSFW games subreddits and checks to see if Lab Rats is mentioned in the title, self text, or comments. If it is, and there's no link provided by either the post itself or the comment it's responding to, it leaves a comment itself with a link pointing here. I also have a few checks to make sure I'm responding only when it makes sense (ie. Only respond to root comments, don't respond to comments if you've already responded to the post itself). This should save me a little bit of time commenting on posts myself, and was a fun little programming experiment to widen my skillset a bit.

Writing the script ended up being surprisingly easy, with the full python program being about 50 lines. The library does all the heavy lifting communicating with Reddit, including login and respecting polling limits. If you've ever wanted to do a little programming and write your own Reddit bot, that's the place to start.

Now onto the news about v0.9! All of the major and minor scenes have now been written, about 30 000 words in total. I'm in the process of imaging all of the scenes now, and have already finished the minor scenes and one of the major scenes. I still have to go through the scenes and put in the machinery that modifies resistance, keeps track of cum locations, ect, but that shouldn't take very long. I also still need to write some of the non-scene beach events, which are short and likewise won't take very long.

I should be ready to release a test version to patrons by the 20th! I'll confirm the date as soon as I'm 100% certain everything will be done by then.

hipsterding

Jun 4, 2017
Is it possible to change the text color in the save/load screens? I tried fiddling around with 'gui.rpy' to no avail.

I'm having difficulty reading the text with the really light text color.

qwe123123

Jun 8, 2017
I've always wanted to play around with the Reddit API, so I took a few hours and made myself a little bot.
He has to be careful with this, I don't know about the rest but if I asked for game recommendations and the first response was an advertisement from a bot I would not pay it any attention (which is obviously a shame because the game is really good)

keymon2

Jun 23, 2017
Here a file, i just changed some of the numbers around
your wage is 2000 instead of 200
and everyone resistance drops by 10 instead of 1
you just need to change the txt to rpy

keymon2

Jun 23, 2017
View attachment 1434
Thanks to everyone for your work getting us the game.. so enjoy the "LabRats 0.8.0 DogMod" 7zip that I added to the post.
I also added a change log of things I saw in the 7zip.
Now this mod's main feature is the utter and compete destruction of the resistance modifier. The stat will show a (0) and will continue to show that so you can see you are not gaining any resistance. Another main feature is the tweaking of chances of RNG events to make it more likely to occur. Also, the money and serum systems are 'rebalanced' in your favor to give you more time to dole out serums and to buy serums if needed. The goal of this mod is to make it easier for you and reduce the grind so you can rack up a sex score that would make a prostitute jealous. And there's quite a few cultural references thrown in. :p

To install, unzip and put all files in the "Lab_Rats-0.8.0-all\game" folder and overwrite.

I provided a backup folder of the original files so you don't have to worry. All you have to do is unzip and put in the /game folder and your Lab Rats are back to "Normal". O.O
what did you change?

3.80 star(s) 49 Votes