4.80 star(s) 36 Votes

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Often I have a thought - why don't developers who abandon their project provide the source code of the game? After all, by abandoning the game you are killing it, and by posting the source code there is a chance that someone will continue the project and possibly finish it. In this case, the game is not abandoned, but is simply updated very rarely, however, if the developer does not pay attention to the game, then most often such projects are abandoned
Agreed so much with this. There are many great games on here that many of us would love to see continued by the fan community.

Oniplus

Oct 7, 2017
That's apparently habitual. I believe he'll update again, it's just going to be a long time until that happens.

Some games just dev slow as fuck.
I'd like to believe this is the case but then I remembered someone said in this thread about how he threw a fit once before when he found out that overseas people are pirating this game and halted the development for almost a year afterwards(iirc he also tweeted something about wanting fan translator to disappear or something), it's understandable that he's upset but at the same time it's also kinda petty since there are also those from overseas who genuinely supported him by subscribing to his ci-en account, dude have no idea how much support he will actually get from overseas fans had he not been such a stuck up dev

BOLNICHKA39

Jul 27, 2021
I'd like to believe this is the case but then I remembered someone said in this thread about how he threw a fit once before when he found out that overseas people are pirating this game and halted the development for almost a year afterwards(iirc he also tweeted something about wanting fan translator to disappear or something), it's understandable that he's upset but at the same time it's also kinda petty since there are also those from overseas who genuinely supported him by subscribing to his ci-en account, dude have no idea how much support he will actually get from overseas fans had he not been such a stuck up dev
That's for sure. Personally, I'm not going to pay for something that might not come out. Suppose now I would be subscribed to his patron, so what? Wait half a year for a meager update?

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
e3c9235ba15398dbc85482e5a9b87c0c02f7139c20a8209762f0e34f00c7e930.jpg
I've said it before, but this is clearly passion project. How do I know? Well I'm a programmer too and there is way too many obvious clues, like blogposting in detail about stuff normies don't care about (shaders), reworking minute UI details over and over again etc. Years later and we're still at 2 girls to bone (or rather: be boned by) and this same dungeon. No roadmap, do deadline - no pressure.

This is also developement monetized by nu-western standard, monthly payments to, I guess, support developer better? Because there is no frequent updates and no benefits for doing so whatsoever. Yet again, no pressure for developer and sweet dosh keeps flowing.

The only solution for this deadlock problem is stop giving him your money because for sure this won't speed up developer progress, hell, it will hinder it instead. Comfort always bring stagnation. You might be mad at me and throw "think about poor solo developerino" line but that won't change reality.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk and see you next time.

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
The developer didn't abandon the game, it just hasn't been updated in a long time. As i said before, the dev seems to be developing the systems more than the game, who knows if they will ever develop the game but the dev still talks about the development of the engine on twitter from time to time. My guess is that its just a hobby and whole the dev may have some passive interest in making an H-game, their real interest in creating new systems in engines, it really goes to show the pitfall of indie development sometimes because you want often need someone who is both innovated and creative in order to make a good quality game and very rarely is there someone who is interested in enough in doing both themselves to really move the needle.

Edit: i typed this all out before i saw the response above me, but i agree with him completely.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Sadly a lot of h-game developers fall into this pit. I just wish devs were more clear with their intentions and rather say "I am studying this engine or that engine, and while I do I'll make an h-game with it to practice, so don't expect the game to be finished". I feel like Bioasshard is suffering through this as well and I love that game, but it's clearly just a project and it will never be a full game.

ReanS02

Jul 22, 2022
This thread been copium for the past year, ill prob just unsubscribe cause this is useless
Not trying to be more copium, but in the past he has gone 8 months without updating, then released more updates.

This is definitely not a project to expect soon, but I still have hope it might continue to be developed. Atleast until we get to 8 months and no update.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, yeah, you don't like people using their money how they like, we get it. Weren't you going to fuck off from this thread?

The dev updates slowly. Too bad. Sitting here whining about how he's apparently making too much money from someone who probably wouldn't recognize the difference between Unity and Unreal isn't going to make him update faster, it's just going to shit up the thread with hot takes and bullying. I really don't give a fuck how long he takes to update, or if he adds 4.34GB of content with each update or not - at this point I might hand the dev money entirely out of spite for the world-blind cynics parroting "it cannot be done".

Babbi

Sep 7, 2019
there is a new Game called "Succubus Temptation" (from a different dev/company)
tried it and it's quite good
since it's also shota/reverse rape i thought i recommend it here too as a alternative

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
there is a new Game called "Succubus Temptation" (from a different dev/company)
tried it and it's quite good
since it's also shota/reverse rape i thought i recommend it here too as a alternative
If it's the game I think you mean then it's not new at all

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
If it's the game I think you mean then it's not new at all
Well, it IS new in the sense that it fully released, apparently. At least from what I've heard, anyways. Still don't think it has any english translation though, and last I checked the unity autotranslator can't find the text for some reason, so I doubt it'll be on this site.

May 28, 2020
I think he's put himself into development hell by not taking into account the 4 pillars of oop c#.
As a result, each time going back into his project is unable to recognize his spaghetti code and be comfortable extending the classes further, already being too monolithic.That's why it's taking so long. But I know that even if he has a solid foundation, adding in a new enemy type would still be a challenge with all the different kinds of animation and interaction with the player.

4.80 star(s) 36 Votes