4.80 star(s) 36 Votes

anon8881888

Jan 19, 2021
I dont think its abandoned. The Dev is still making posts regarding the modifications to unity for this game as early as the end of March, and he hasn't disappeared from Twitter either as hes still retweeting monster girl-related media. We said the same thing a about this project year before his most recent upload to Ci-en.
Oh I thought he's being secretive it's because he was angry with the people who translated without his permission.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
Oh I thought he's being secretive it's because he was angry with the people who translated without his permission.
I think he was more upset about people making alterations to his game because has feels ownership of the systems he developed, i think this absolutely contributes to his reluctance to share new updates but the other part of this is his slow pace in game production prior to this project.

Asimofu's last work was Echidna Wars DX, a game that came out in 2016. You could be forgiven if you've not heard of it, but it is a Vore-oriented game that perfectly melds the cutesy aspects of a game with the horror of being devoured alive, every enemy in the game swallows you and digests you, but there is no guro. Theres really something quite interesting about being eaten delicately by hapless, otherwise clumsy enemies.

The Parallel to Estra's lab is that you are being ganged up on and raped in the cutest way possible by adorable enemies. The presentation of the enemies and the environment is colorful, happy, cute and endearing, which is in contrast to the extreme act of sexual assault. Asimofu is a master at creating these kinds of paradoxical situations and it tickles you in ways you are not used to, furthermore the integration of battle systems and eroticism are to-notch, which is something that H-devs can struggle to innovate at times and therefore settle to add merely the next addition of what we've come to expect from other devs that came before them.

Asimofu is not just an extremely creative mind, but also a genius when it comes to the implementation of systems that move the whole genre (and further expectation from other devs) forward.

anon8881888

Jan 19, 2021
I think he was more upset about people making alterations to his game because has feels ownership of the systems he developed, i think this absolutely contributes to his reluctance to share new updates but the other part of this is his slow pace in game production prior to this project.

Asimofu's last work was Echidna Wars DX, a game that came out in 2016. You could be forgiven if you've not heard of it, but it is a Vore-oriented game that perfectly melds the cutesy aspects of a game with the horror of being devoured alive, every enemy in the game swallows you and digests you, but there is no guro.
Oh I remember seeing that in a video.

mememema

Aug 16, 2020

Asimofu's last work was Echidna Wars DX, a game that came out in 2016. You could be forgiven if you've not heard of it, but it is a Vore-oriented game that perfectly melds the cutesy aspects of a game with the horror of being devoured alive, every enemy in the game swallows you and digests you, but there is no guro. Theres really something quite interesting about being eaten delicately by hapless, otherwise clumsy enemies.

The Parallel to Estra's lab is that you are being ganged up on and raped in the cutest way possible by adorable enemies. The presentation of the enemies and the environment is colorful, happy, cute and endearing, which is in contrast to the extreme act of sexual assault. Asimofu is a master at creating these kinds of paradoxical situations and it tickles you in ways you are not used to, furthermore the integration of battle systems and eroticism are to-notch, which is something that H-devs can struggle to innovate at times and therefore settle to add merely the next addition of what we've come to expect from other devs that came before them.

Asimofu is not just an extremely creative mind, but also a genius when it comes to the implementation of systems that move the whole genre (and further expectation from other devs) forward.
I enjoyed EW DX quite a bit too, but something about the way you described it and put a nice little bow on a vore game makes me question what I'm doing on here lol

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
Lokidama I believe for someone else to finish it (since the dev is unlikely seemingly to release the development files) someone else would have to remake the game from scratch, as they'll only be able to use what has been released as reference.

• Sad
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

pichkas

May 13, 2021
Lokidama I believe for someone else to finish it (since the dev is unlikely seemingly to release the development files) someone else would have to remake the game from scratch, as they'll only be able to use what has been released as reference.
Nah they could extract the unity files to use. Its just, not gonna be legal.

• Wow
Reactions: Rat-attack

Galgramax

Aug 7, 2018
God damn, it's such a kick in the teeth to find such a stellar quality game (and not even in the "usual" sense) with good gameplay and a unique style that's so short with absolutely nothing from the dev in almost a year. The proof of concept with this is already A+, it's just a shame there's not more of it.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
The dev does have a habit of vanishing off the face of the Earth only to return years later like the kids from Narnia.

I dunno if you can ever 100% say this game is abandoned because of that. Just very, very, very, very, very slow.

Serifyn

Oct 31, 2019
Let me put this to rest right now, the game is NOT abandoned, it is still being worked on albeit slowly. We may not see another update until it's done but the dev talks about blender, Unity and other production-related tools and issues all the time.

The only social media the dev uses is Twitter and he posts infrequently there, but his bio has not changed from " ASIMOFU
Mon Musume Reverse Relog-like ARPG "Estra's Labyrinth" is under construction! 18, caution against peculiar habits " in years.

We may not see the game for a long time and we may not see a ci-en demo ever again, but the game will suddenly appear on DLsite on day and it will blow everyone's mind when it does.

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018
Let me put this to rest right now, the game is NOT abandoned, it is still being worked on albeit slowly. We may not see another update until it's done but the dev talks about blender, Unity and other production-related tools and issues all the time.

The only social media the dev uses is Twitter and he posts infrequently there, but his bio has not changed from " ASIMOFU
Mon Musume Reverse Relog-like ARPG "Estra's Labyrinth" is under construction! 18, caution against peculiar habits " in years.

We may not see the game for a long time and we may not see a ci-en demo ever again, but the game will suddenly appear on DLsite on day and it will blow everyone's mind when it does.
Could you link where he is active? I'm assuming none of us would harass him, but without seeing posts it comes across like hopeful conjecture without other context.

May 25, 2017

You can proclaim that as much as you want, but forum rules are forum rules. The tag stays until either news or the game gets released.

4.80 star(s) 36 Votes