bros987

Jul 24, 2021
Are there any other works that adjust the sharpness of the picture like this?
The work came out much better than the original.

View attachment 1911325 View attachment 1911326
hello, I'm not very expert on the subject, but the scaling I did was with realcugan, maybe similar programs like realesgran, waifu2x, esgran will give you the results you're looking for. Here I attach an example with realcugan, which was the one I used for the videos.

Original:
Original.jpg

convert:
Convert.png

bros987

Jul 24, 2021
Mobius 4k:

1416p:

The video was encoded in h264 to expand the variety of playback devices, additionally a 1416p version is added for those who are not looking for such high resolutions, the original video has pixelations in high movements so these versions will be seen, if I can get a version without the pixels in high movements I will update the videos.

Ammos

May 4, 2021
Mobius 4k:
Pixeldrain

1416p:
Pixeldrain

The video was encoded in h264 to expand the variety of playback devices, additionally a 1416p version is added for those who are not looking for such high resolutions, the original video has pixelations in high movements so these versions will be seen, if I can get a version without the pixels in high movements I will update the videos.
I was able to replicate your quality using realESRGAN, and I really do agree with the high movements being such a headache. I hope Laomeng is able to fix this issue in his future vids. I'm still trying out other models to see if there exists one that helps with artifact removal though. Thanks for the upscale my man! :) (p.s. The size difference is massive though, realESRGAN's output was like 7.9 gb, while realCUGAN was able to do 500mb~tryna cheese my way through the size difference with handbrake for now)

Reactions: bros987

bros987

Jul 24, 2021
I was able to replicate your quality using realESRGAN, and I really do agree with the high movements being such a headache. I hope Laomeng is able to fix this issue in his future vids. I'm still trying out other models to see if there exists one that helps with artifact removal though. Thanks for the upscale my man! :) (p.s. The size difference is massive though, realESRGAN's output was like 7.9 gb, while realCUGAN was able to do 500mb~tryna cheese my way through the size difference with handbrake for now)
Thanks friend, I am glad that the method has worked for you, I am not an expert on the subject but apparently it is the low bitrate of the video that generates the pixels when there is a lot of movement, I have found it curious that the videos do not have the same quality as the images CG, hopefully in the future I will improve the videos in that aspect.

Reactions: Ammos

KuzashiX

May 6, 2018
gotta say trying to keep a log of this mans work is difficult. The mans file naming is so confusing.

bros987

Jul 24, 2021
Why I download the video the video is kinda glitch man
friend in a previous comment I said that good hardware is needed to play it because due to the resolution and the encode in h265 not all devices play it, I produced all the videos with k-lite code pack, and if they need more compatibility It is better to use a video converter program and lower the resolution and pass it to the h264 codec.

ThrowawayANCS

Jun 8, 2020
friend in a previous comment I said that good hardware is needed to play it because due to the resolution and the encode in h265 not all devices play it, I produced all the videos with k-lite code pack, and if they need more compatibility It is better to use a video converter program and lower the resolution and pass it to the h264 codec.
If anyone's on Windows and missing the h265 codec, try copy pasting this link into your browser.

ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9n4wgh0z6vhq

KingTUMMAN

Mar 20, 2021
so, there's no sharpness enhance edit for old stuff upload yet ?
And the only way to do is using realcugan to convert it one by one right ?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I just wanna Enjoy my Fuka is fullHD 4K Sharpness lol

Reactions: XJTHCX

moreheat

May 27, 2020
Does anybody know the whereabouts or have the O-2 image set? I was organizing all my files today cause our boy Lao's naming system is actually one of the worst I've seen and I think I've got everything to date except for that image set.