SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yes, yes, Crystal Dynamics is going to hunt me down. Already running to hide in the taiga with my bear.
If they don't even go after people using their own Lara model, (wait that's not our model it has a nose ring). They are even being sold on Steam. CD's Lara model has been passed around the internet like Swiss cheese. Not sure why they'd go after this.

Croft Adventures

Yip those look nothing like CD's Lara...

Old DVD

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
If they don't even go after people using their own Lara model, (wait that's not our model it has a nose ring). They are even being sold on Steam. CD's Lara model has been passed around the internet like Swiss cheese. Not sure why they'd go after this.

Croft Adventures

Yip those look nothing like CD's Lara...
Anyway, if Crystal Dynamics is going to execute me, it will only be after they cut this guy's balls off. I'll have time to get away.

• Haha
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

Kristof29

Aug 6, 2016
I dont find the reboot model Lara Croft appealing. Yours and the model from underworld are great.

It is possible that there exists in the multiverse a version of Jolie that looks like this and was actually successful doing a raider franchise.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Not Angelina Jolie. She doesn't own the rights to Lara Croft.
The owner is Crystal Dynamics and seeing that they had around $300 million to purchase back the rights of Tomb Raider, I am pretty sure they can afford to fuck Old DVD's ass sideways for years. Even if he's holed up in Russkij-country.
Don't be silly. If he really lives in Russia, there is nothing those companies can do to him. His Patreon account can be banned, but that's all.
Western intellectual property means nothing for Russia now. Implicitly a person there can pirate anything he wants from any company - Microsoft, Autodesk, Adobe or whatever.

But I see a serious problem with this game. Now a successful game (the one that makes a lot of money) should at least have a very well-written interesting story or must look exceptionally well, i.e. have amazing renders. Better yet it should have both. It is not enough anymore to choose a well-known character as a main protagonist and just work hard making many renders (what the developer did with his previous game). But for now it has neither.
It is very hard to write a good story for any person and almost impossible for a non-native speaker. So, personally, I think the developer should concentrate his attention on the visual part of the game. For now it looks kind of average, no more. Not bad, but nothing special. He should look at the best games from the visual point of view (like Heir Apparent) and try to do as good or better.

robert ash

Jun 23, 2018
Don't be silly. If he really lives in Russia, there is nothing those companies can do to him. His Patreon account can be banned, but that's all.
Western intellectual property means nothing for Russia now. Implicitly a person there can pirate anything he wants from any company - Microsoft, Autodesk, Adobe or whatever.

But I see a serious problem with this game. Now a successful game (the one that makes a lot of money) should at least have a very well-written interesting story or must look exceptionally well, i.e. have amazing renders. Better yet it should have both. It is not enough anymore to choose a well-known character as a main protagonist and just work hard making many renders (what the developer did with his previous game). But for now it has neither.
It is very hard to write a good story for any person and almost impossible for a non-native speaker. So, personally, I think the developer should concentrate his attention on the visual part of the game. For now it looks kind of average, no more. Not bad, but nothing special. He should look at the best games from the visual point of view (like Heir Apparent) and try to do as good or better.
Just looked at Heir Apparent- amazing renders. Sorry I missed it; even more that its been abandoned!

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
the game is very interesting, even the tags are promising... I just have to wait for new updates (y)

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
hm i like the idea but...

Pros:
+ idea of lara croft game
+ choices
+ overall nice models
+good to read and not too much dialogue
+ old men

Cons:
- i personally like new lara more (also the angelina face despite being ok looks detail wise a bit out of place)
- lara has tattoos
- lara could have much more curves (very important for me)
- it seems there are old men but no old men sex (like with albert)
- i like increasing intellect but for what purpose?

michelita

Aug 24, 2020
I want to support the dev even though I haven't had a chance to play this. The previous game was that good but I understand why it had to be dropped. Is boosty safe? Never heard of it. I do subscribestar and I like it though some people are hesitant to support projects there

vazkombarov

Nov 30, 2017
I want to support the dev even though I haven't had a chance to play this. The previous game was that good but I understand why it had to be dropped. Is boosty safe? Never heard of it. I do subscribestar and I like it though some people are hesitant to support projects there
Boosty now is a place for Russian creators to fund themselves since other platforms do not accepts Russian cards. This platform belongs to Mail.ru Group - Russian IT company, so unless you have a problem with using Russian platform, its safe.
Some creators find a way to create a patreon page, and hopefully Old DVD finds a way to do so, otherwise I'm afraid he won't have many subscribers. And from his post today, he seemed quite sad about that fact.
Such a shame, given the project quality

Reactions: michelita

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
next 3 updates the game wil die
I don't understand what you mean.
really in the next three updates the game ends? how do you know? maybe he could find the strength to go on, or is this thing you're telling me certain?
I ask because I don't understand English on the fly and I get help from google which, however, sometimes translates roughly and therefore I struggle.

Cazzo_duro

Jun 30, 2017
Good game with very beautiful and realistic renders. Congratulations to the developer. Hope he will not abandon it.

Old DVD

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Boosty now is a place for Russian creators to fund themselves since other platforms do not accepts Russian cards. This platform belongs to Mail.ru Group - Russian IT company, so unless you have a problem with using Russian platform, its safe.
Some creators find a way to create a patreon page, and hopefully Old DVD finds a way to do so, otherwise I'm afraid he won't have many subscribers. And from his post today, he seemed quite sad about that fact.
Such a shame, given the project quality
To be honest, there's not much difference between Patreon and Boosty. It's just that Patreon is more well-known.

So I am, you could say, a patriotic and free evangelist for the Russian service (whose creators are in the Netherlands:WeSmart:).

Reactions: michelita

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Had to learn about Maleficent being abandoned through seeing this game pop up in latest updates.
What a pity, liked that one a lot. The writing wasn't fantastic, but the character model was great, and the story was fine.

This one, while having a model just as good, doesn't seem to check many of my boxes.
Might work as just a comic or a series of pics for me, but if it's a game and I play as the Lara character, being fucked by countless guys and being dominated, that's just not how I roll. The MC is my way to go through the story, so I prefer if only stuff I like happens to them.

And tbh, I have to mention that if one game gets axed due to low popularity, it might just happen again, if this doesn't catch on fast enough.

I wish the dev good luck and a lot of success with his new project, but I'll pass on it.

4.70 star(s) 12 Votes