4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If the dev is actively working on the next update why is the on hold tag still there?
Once a game is "On Hold" it stays that way until a new update is released, devs might be able to request the removal of the tag but I'm not sure about that. Considering it has been nine months since the last update and the new artist is learning how to render it makes sense to have the "On Hold" tag.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I know I'm beating a dead horse, but as I said before, if the ON HOLD tag is used when the devs warn us that they're taking a break it makes only sense for the mods to remove the tag as soon as those very same devs claim they're working on the game again.
The ON HOLD tag is not dependent upon update releases, but on work being put on the game. If we believe the dev's statements in one direction we should believe them all the time. Otherwise, some conmen who post dev updates just before the 3-month limit without actually releasing anything for 2 years wouldn't get away with it, right?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
onhold won't be removed if dev says he/she is working on update, only after there's some update to game (prequel, sidestory, xmas story) it's removed.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
onhold won't be removed if dev says he/she is working on update, only after there's some update to game (prequel, sidestory, xmas story) it's removed.
Then why did the on hold tag get removed from seducing the devil? Cause there's been no update to that game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Then why did the on hold tag get removed from seducing the devil? Cause there's been no update to that game.
well because many rules seem to be line drawn on water aka up to mods decision (and that can be anything between earth and heaven) but generally it should be that abandoned/on hold gets removed when there's new content not just devs word that it is under development (if it was so then some devs could keep it alive for years).

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1619580011883.png

Sorry the teaser image isn't as...spicy as the last few. Sad fact is, the spicer ones sadly give too much story away. Which some may think is an interesting concept, but it is not a lie when someone says a picture is worth 1000 words. Arguably what this means is that you can tell a lot about an individual from a photo. Does this translate into a VN.... no not really, but no spoilers damn it!
So last week was a bit hit and miss. I got plenty done, but as usual, not as much as I would like. My Saturday was thrust away from me helping a friend put in his dock....there may have also been drinking. Regardless, I am now more than halfway through the monster scene and hope that since I can reuse some previous renders to a degree(I'm not going to go cheap and easy, I will do it right) the back half will go much faster given about a quarter lines up similar, but due to path changes, is still different.
It is nice that we can see above that Annie is happier. I know it puts me at ease seeing her feeling better. Setting up sad Annie renders is about as much fun as sticking a pine cone where the sun don't shine.
I'll be honest, this update is already longer than I anticipated, but I suppose pontification can have it's benefits. I have a strong feel for what I am doing now, I know where things are in DAZ in regards to sliders etc, how big and how bright to make my mesh lights, easier methods for posing, and on top of that, I am finding it easier and easier to find items, props, poses, clothes, etc thanks to Roy's organization.
At this point it is simply getting time during the day to do setup. Some days allow me far more time over others. I set out to do game renders Monday through Friday, but I try to avoid the weekend unless I have a absolutely crap week where nothing got done which is why I had wanted to work last weekend, but when a friend asks for help, you help them....Also beer is a good motivator for me.... which might be why I really helped.
We still have daily or almost daily instagram renders. Good way to see my progress to a degree as I always tend to figure something new out. Like the newest thing that I learned. While I knew in DAZ that you can virtually hide a mesh light, it will not reflect if it is almost invisible. This means no eye glint....I'm a dumb.
In the words of one of my favorite TikTokers "Anyhootie", I'll shut up and let you all get on with your day. As always, don't be afraid to hop on here and comment or shoot us a message. Remember the discord is open too. We're always happy to visit with people so never be afraid to come say "hi!".
Take care, all of you wonderful people.
Just don't forget,

Bottoms up,

Xor

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1620098800839.png

I really prefer giving a nice teaser image, however as stated last Monday I want to be careful to avoid spoilers. People who play these games are far from unintelligent so posting a picture that contains hints can lead to giving story elements away and ruin the fun once it comes time to actually play the game.
So, sadly, Annie is again hurting in the teaser image, but we see our hero taking it upon himself to assuage her sadness.
I do apologize as this won't be a large dev update as I really can only repeat myself as per usual. I'm still learning, and renders are progressing. We will be having another Instagram takeover week next week. I'll let you guess who it will be (spoiler alert it isn't Bobby).
As always I do hope every single one of you is doing well and we thank you for your support. I know I am beating a dead horse when I say you know this isn't possible without you, but it truly is the case and we cannot thank you all enough for having our backs.
Thank you, every single one of you and take the best of care. And as always,
Bottoms up,
Xor

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1620702867692.png

Same old same old from me. Still trucking along and some days are better than others. Hoping to have this massive scene wrapped up by end of this week which will be a nice load off. That will put this at right around halfway complete in total so keep your fingers crossed for my sanity!
Annie we can see is getting a little feisty! Wonder what the hell our hero said? Probably something stupid because men don't have feelings and can't communicate well.
Marg has me on a takeover week, but because this weekend had some complications, I was not able to get to the instagram stuff until today so I bet if we ask really nicely, she might post two tomorrow to make up for my blunder.
Inkwell's job is finally calming down so he will likely be starting on .5 very soon. This ultimately means that .5 will have renders starting pretty much right after .4 releases. This also means that hopefully there won't be near the delay as with .3 - .4 or at least that will be my goal.
I do apologize this is such a short update. Thank you as always to all you wonderful supporters, it means so very much to us to have you along for the ride.
Take care and
Bottoms up,

Xor

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1621356482666.png

Now this is a story
All about how I didn't get much done last week.
I am fail. And I really am sorry to you guys for that. Thankfully it isn't computer issues or anything like that. I have some personal life things going on, I'm fine, as is my wife, but stuff outside that took a lot of attention last week. I also was struggling with getting renders done even when I had time. I was talking to Inkwell about it who talked to my wife, in which my wife then came and talked to me and said that I needed to not render every day as it seemed like the issue was burnout to some degree. I'm not saying this to scare people off, because she was right, I took Friday and Saturday off, got a couple instagram renders done Sunday, then managed to get 15 renders done today which is not common for me, I usually struggle to crank out 10 in a day. I definitely can be fast and taking the break helped so moving forward Inkwell has asked I take 1-2 days a week and not do renders on those days. I feel a lot better doing the renders now and ideas are coming a lot faster as well.
The Dev post title question is something I have played with a little bit and also the image itself is probably the last we will see of Annie for a while as this scene is coming to a close and I sadly almost want to say thankfully as I have been on this scene for quite some time. At the same time, can't wait for you guys to see it. Regardless, while finishing out the scene, Inkwells instructions for the renders, I was like.... I need to get closer....More closer.....More closerer. Pretty sure at this point we can see Annie's nose hairs, but what the heck, something different!
Unfortunately that is it for the update. I may work on a couple more renders tonight, but then will relax and maybe play a video game. Mass Effect LE did just come out o.0....
As always, thank you guys so very much for your support,
remember,
Bottoms up,
Xor

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes