• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.
4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yea,but even in Leap of Faith, the Steph thing was an ass pull
And I still think Steph was/is a bitch and want nothing to do with her. And resent that the game forces me to not completely ignore her without losing points with the girls I DO want.

So yeah, while I can see this one doing something similar, (and it sounded like they planned it that way long before they stopped developing) it won't change how I feel about Fiona.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
And I still think Steph was/is a bitch and want nothing to do with her. And resent that the game forces me to not completely ignore her without losing points with the girls I DO want.

So yeah, while I can see this one doing something similar, (and it sounded like they planned it that way long before they stopped developing) it won't change how I feel about Fiona.

I'm with you,I despise Steph so hard.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
This game will play out(maybe) like leap of faith( another game I like) where we are made to really dislike the girlfriend. Then after we get invested in other girls she shows up with a excuse to make people change their minds.
But did people actually change their minds? I mean, I know people didn't like the revelation at all (me included. In fact made it even easier for me to tell her to fuck off) while some were neutral about it. But I also haven't been following the thread lately. Fiona may not have cheated, she still ghosted MC... whatever her reasons. Can't blame the MC for wanting to move on. I would.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020

Is this where I step in and say there's no penalty what so ever for leaving Steph behind and continue the game without her? Because there isn't. None. What so ever. Atleast to my knowledge. :)

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
This game will play out(maybe) like leap of faith( another game I like) where we are made to really dislike the girlfriend. Then after we get invested in other girls she shows up with a excuse to make people change their minds.
I stopped playing Leap of Faith because I can't choose. I mean, if you look at some of my favourite games, I really don't like choice. Hell, I am even having a hard time with Intertwined because there is a choice that I know is coming and some already made. I really enjoyed Leap of Faith... until I knew for sure I had to choose. DriftyGames You seriously made a great game there, but I couldn't choose... sorry.
AS for the comparisons... what I have played of Leap of Faith, there are similarities, but also differences. I actually think Leap of Faith is worse, because it's WAY longer to have no contact. Still, I rejected Steph immediately... just like if Fiona reveals her self and 'why' she was ghosting the MC... she will be rejected by me immediately. For me, she not only ghosted him for a couple of months, but basically threatened him to return in two weeks. She had no concern for the MC's family(uncle) who we can see has severe cancer and may not live long. She's heartless in my opinion, and I have no time for Fiona at all.
Of course, that may just be me.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Is this where I step in and say there's no penalty what so ever for leaving Steph behind and continue the game without her? Because there isn't. None. What so ever. Atleast to my knowledge. :)
Huh. I thought there was a penalty from Cece if you told Steph to fuck off and didn't bring her back to the mansion. Cece's dialog sure gave me that impression. Glad to be wrong, now I can happily replay the meeting scene and tell her to fuck the fuck off. :cool:

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Huh. I thought there was a penalty from Cece if you told Steph to fuck off and didn't bring her back to the mansion. Cece's dialog sure gave me that impression. Glad to be wrong, now I can happily replay the meeting scene and tell her to fuck the fuck off. :cool:
Last I checked even if you tell Steph to fuck off she still is in the group, right? Have to admit my love for Leap of Faith isn’t as intense as it once was, I didn’t even finish the most recent chapter.

I’m hoping that, with this long break, Fiona will be written better. Perhaps it will turn out that she dated some guys but never hooked up, perhaps she emotionally cheated but didn’t physically cheat (which to me is worse but whatever). Regardless, I hope that Fiona won’t end up with a ridiculous explanation for why she ghosted the MC, which the MC swallows without complaint, and then Fiona turns around and accuses the MC of cheating because she found him with Morgan or Annie or whoever.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

erkper

May 16, 2018
Last I checked even if you tell Steph to fuck off she still is in the group, right? Have to admit my love for Leap of Faith isn’t as intense as it once was, I didn’t even finish the most recent chapter.

I’m hoping that, with this long break, Fiona will be written better. Perhaps it will turn out that she dated some guys but never hooked up, perhaps she emotionally cheated but didn’t physically cheat (which to me is worse but whatever). Regardless, I hope that Fiona won’t end up with a ridiculous explanation for why she ghosted the MC, which the MC swallows without complaint, and then Fiona turns around and accuses the MC of cheating because she found him with Morgan or Annie or whoever.
Won't matter, I'll still chase Annie exclusively.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If the MC tells Steph to pound sand
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still keeps her around, which was my complaint. And it seems that Linda was communicating with her behind the MC's back.

Regardless, Drifty's game so Drifty's story. Just didn't really care for the "spy who fell in love" storyline.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1616474231430.png

So with my last update I noted that the next day I would get the RMA'd 3090. I did in fact receive it, installed the new power supply, cleaned up my cable management all to discover that there was next to no breathing room between the two cards. I did really suspect this would be the case, and with my specific motherboard, it really was an inevitability that air was never going to work, but I was really hoping that it could limp my way to the weekend. Well, nope, that did not happen. I spoke with Stoya of Stone Fox and IT Roy of....well... IT Roy I guess and they said just take your time and be careful, so I did. Sadly, this was the best experience I have ever had with working on a custom loop. (Everything was already in place from having 2 Titan RTX's previously, just the loop running as I didn't want to drain it until I had to. But I digress.) But tear down of both the XCS3 and the FTW3 went seamless. The fun started with hooking up hoses as in my infinite idiocy, I thought the cards were the same size... again... nope. So had to get creative with the tubing, BUT it worked. Temps have made me very happy too as for the most part equilibrium is right around ~50c which is a darn sight cooler than 86c on air.
One other fun thing to note was Jarvis decided that he needed to poke a hole in my tubing about 2 weeks ago. Literally, the tiniest hole possible as it took a very long time to even produce a drop inside the case. I know it was him too simply because he left hairball medicine on the tubing. (You place the medicine, which is a paste on their arm so they lick it off, hence the transfer to the tube.)
So, onto the game itself. I am now finally meeting my goal more consistently per day. As I come to understand DAZ more and more, setup is your biggest Achilles heel. If you don't need to change much between renders, it is much easier to eek out a few more renders in a day vs when your writer *cough* Inkwell *cough* writes a flashback scene that doesn't flow from one image to the next (this is how flashbacks go, I just wanted to pick on Inkwell) and each consecutive image takes an hour or more to set up.
I have the first 3 scenes done and am into the fourth scene now which is..... well... enormous. It is the biggest scene we have ever had and I expect to be on it for some time. The image above is from said scene. Things are not going well for the lovely Annie sadly but her friends are there to help her through it. I am enjoying DAZ more and more and hope that you all end up liking my style as I know it will be different from Roy as no two artists are the same. The instagram renders have been helping a lot too as I use them to experiment. Lately, as you can see if you follow the instagram, I've taken a liking to dforce hair as I feel it looks more natural. These hairs will not take over the original look, but will probably be used in game where needed, such as, again, the image above.
I am still struggling with lighting, but I know that simply takes time and practice. Overall, I do feel I am at least doing well enough to be passable for the next release. I know if I try my best I will continue to improve and that is my goal.
Thank you again to all you subscribers. It means the world to us that you support us and even more that you love our story.

As always,

Bottoms up,

Xor

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well made game so far, good story, interesting chars and good graphics. looking for more updates.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1617081509976.png

Progress is still being made. I am still neck deep in the super scene that I know everyone is going to love. I lost some time sadly due to a head cold that knocked me on my ass pretty good, but I was able to bounce back after a day or so and get back at rendering.
I know I have a very long way to go before can stand with the other great Dev's out there, so I just keep doing what I can to improve. The instagram stuff as I said before is a really great help as it always forces me to find something new, some new way to do something or more often than not, simply learn how to do something I haven't done before. Played with a veil today and struggled before finally figuring out the best way to go about it.... which was stop marrying it to the model and marry it to the environment. That took me way longer than it should have.
I am finding that I am getting faster at navigating through DAZ, and with Roy's I am able to keep progressing without getting stuck for too long. Sometimes I do like to try figure it out for myself as I am the type of person that learns best through experience. However, at the same time, there is always the time constraint.
The system is up and running very well as stated before. I will be tearing it apart again for an update to a 5950x, but worry not! It won't impede any renders.
I am sorry that this is a shorter update, but I sadly don't have too terribly much to say. I am doing the best I can to get through renders as quickly as possible while also maintaining the quality you guys have come to expect from us. Both Inkwell and Marguerite have been making time to sit with me to help guide what they would like the interpretation to be and that has actually been some of the more fun times as I find I am faster when they join the stream which is very nice.
We will be doing another Instagram takeover, it was suppose to be this week, but with me being sick, I focused on game renders so we will push it off to next week at minimum. SO, if you have a preference, let us know in the comments who you'd like to have a takeover week!

As always, thank you so very much for your continued support since I took over the art department and as always,

Bottoms up,

Xor

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes