4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I guess I shouldn't be worried about this game since we just got an update on its progress 9 days ago... Yet I still am anxious to see more of the story and don't know when that will happen.

Fingers crossed and positive vibes...

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
I guess I shouldn't be worried about this game since we just got an update on its progress 9 days ago... Yet I still am anxious to see more of the story and don't know when that will happen.

Fingers crossed and positive vibes...
i always need to be talked off the edge when i see a game go on hold, so many just stop getting updates after it. i love this game really want to see it keep going.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
i always need to be talked off the edge when i see a game go on hold, so many just stop getting updates after it. i love this game really want to see it keep going.
I don't know, man... IT Roy (one man Dev) was able to update To Be A King before this game saw an update. Starting to think this is going to creep into the realm of the abandoned.

Reactions: Doxxi

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
I don't know, man... IT Roy (one man Dev) was able to update To Be A King before this game saw an update. Starting to think this is going to creep into the realm of the abandoned.
While true, I’ve been doing rendering for much longer than Xor has. Just gonna take him a bit to get up to my speed, but he is working every day on it.

I’m also looking forward to a release of Last Call when it happens. Xor has some excellent folks helping him get more comfortable with Daz (in addition to me).

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
While true, I’ve been doing rendering for much longer than Xor has. Just gonna take him a bit to get up to my speed, but he is working every day on it.

I’m also looking forward to a release of Last Call when it happens. Xor has some excellent folks helping him get more comfortable with Daz (in addition to me).
Just far too long to wait... Start thinking that it's not going to happen or that, despite the length of time, it will be a short update. Suppose I should only worry if Milfy City gets an update beforehand.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
Just far too long to wait... Start thinking that it's not going to happen or that, despite the length of time, it will be a short update. Suppose I should only worry if Milfy City gets an update beforehand.
Roy already said it basically, but it is not fair to compare the two game's situations. Xor is having to learn art basically from scratch and is doing things that are typically behind the scenes for a new dev's 0.1. Also, the whole "milfy city" shit is horrifically over done....come on. LOL

I told Xor this a few times over some beers (literally)....it's gonna take him some time, but they will have a pretty tight ship with him and the small team left for Thunderline. Sometimes there are perks of being a "one man" or smaller team. There will be bumps for awhile, but if Xor can get art rolling, they should be just fine.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Roy already said it basically, but it is not fair to compare the two game's situations. Xor is having to learn art basically from scratch and is doing things that are typically behind the scenes for a new dev's 0.1. Also, the whole "milfy city" shit is horrifically over done....come on. LOL

I told Xor this a few times over some beers (literally)....it's gonna take him some time, but they will have a pretty tight ship with him and the small team left for Thunderline. Sometimes there are perks of being a "one man" or smaller team. There will be bumps for awhile, but if Xor can get art rolling, they should be just fine.
I don't know what the timeline looks like, but I do know Thunderline and ITRoy are solid devs, and it speaks volumes to me that in spite of their separate efforts, Roy was the first to jump to Xor's defense.

I spend a lot of time in the Discord channels of the develoepers I support, and I know how hard these folks work, as well as having more than a passing insight into the doubts and challenges they wrestle with after a curveball like losing a writer or artist.

I've also seen Xor's comfort level with posing and art progress to the point where I'm confident the new content will feel pretty seamless with the old.

Don't let the naysayers get ya down! I need my Annie fix.

Reactions: Grelk and ITRoy

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't know what the timeline looks like, but I do know Thunderline and ITRoy are solid devs, and it speaks volumes to me that in spite of their separate efforts, Roy was the first to jump to Xor's defense.

I spend a lot of time in the Discord channels of the develoepers I support, and I know how hard these folks work, as well as having more than a passing insight into the doubts and challenges they wrestle with after a curveball like losing a writer or artist.

I've also seen Xor's comfort level with posing and art progress to the point where I'm confident the new content will feel pretty seamless with the old.

Don't let the naysayers get ya down! I need my Annie fix.
It's been 10 months, I can't help but be skeptical. I am not saying that anyone involved isn't a great guy nor am I saying that I want this game to die. An entire year could pass before we see an update, and I totally understand that RL shits on people, especially in this last year+, not even going to argue that point.

But where I was excited to see more of this game a few months ago now I am less interested. I can't be alone in that feeling. Not trying to shit on anyone, just don't have the same level of anticipation that I had before.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
It's been 10 months, I can't help but be skeptical. I am not saying that anyone involved isn't a great guy nor am I saying that I want this game to die. An entire year could pass before we see an update, and I totally understand that RL shits on people, especially in this last year+, not even going to argue that point.

But where I was excited to see more of this game a few months ago now I am less interested. I can't be alone in that feeling. Not trying to shit on anyone, just don't have the same level of anticipation that I had before.
Like you said, the anticipation is all but fizzled. 10 months is a long time, too long if I'm being honest. Only time will tell how this plays out.

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018

Yet....here you are. :D

Shit happens and obviously momentum for the game did die down, but they can win it back with updates. They are also actively updating on patreon and their instagram. I know that doesn't help the "Where'z da update?" crowd that only looks at the latest updates tab here, but it is what it is.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yet....here you are. :D

Shit happens and obviously momentum for the game did die down, but they can win it back with updates. They are also actively updating on patreon and their instagram. I know that doesn't help the "Where'z da update?" crowd that only looks at the latest updates tab here, but it is what it is.
True, true. And as I said I’m not trying to shit on anyone, just frustrating as this was one of my favorites and it had momentum as you said. Hope that once the new update does come out they will recapture some of that momentum.

Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
What really has me scratching my head is the reasons given on January 18:

It's a sad day here. I hoped I wouldn't have to write this post, but here we are. I'm stepping away from Thunderline Studios. My day job continues to be incredibly busy. I've been trying to fight through and get game renders done, but the inspiration, after a long workday, just isn't there. Staring at a nice counter with several hundred renders for a release seems a bit too daunting with my limited time now. Looking ahead to my schedule over the next six months, I don't see it getting less busy.

Thank you all to everyone who has supported us! Our hope was after some time away for me that I'd be back to things as before, but that isn't going to be the case.

So, what happens now? We will be pausing our Patreon for the foreseeable future. There will still be some fun renders in my library that I'll be sharing. And Thunderline Studios isn't done. Look for an announcement soon as the rest of the team works to finish the wonderful story of Last Call.

I'm going to take a bit of a break from renders, though I may come back in a much reduced capacity just doing customs and fun render sets later. Our Instagram will still be active. I do have some fun renders that I've done previously that will be shared here soon.

Again, thank you all for your support and love for what we do! I wish I didn't have to say goodbye this way, but life has a habit of making decisions for you. Here's to hoping that I get enough time to be able to resume work at Thunderline at some point in the future. Have a safe and happy 2021!

- IT Roy
Incredibly busy day job.
Several hundred renders seems too daunting given my limited time, and my schedule over the next six months doesn't seem to be changing.
I'm going to take a break from renders... just some fun renders and stuff.

Yet 3 months later he puts out an update of a different game with over 1500 new renders.
I mean, the real reasons for their parting ways are none of my business, but personally this makes me sad because I've always liked Last Call far better than TBAK.

I need my Annie Morgan fix.
So true! :(

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
What really has me scratching my head is the reasons given on January 18:

Incredibly busy day job.
Several hundred renders seems too daunting given my limited time, and my schedule over the next six months doesn't seem to be changing.
I'm going to take a break from renders... just some fun renders and stuff.

Yet 3 months later he puts out an update of a different game with over 1500 new renders.
I mean, the real reasons for their parting ways are none of my business, but personally this makes me sad because I've always liked Last Call far better than TBAK.

So true! :(
Yep! Nailed it in one. And, of course, whatever the reasoning is for the parting of ways it seems amicable. TBAK updates first considering that’s writing, rendering, and coding yet he was too busy to just do the rendering for Last Call.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1618284542782.png

Hello all!

Thought I would let Xor keep busy and take over the Dev post for this week. Some updates:
Xor is about 1/3 of the way through the *biggest* scene in .4. This is due largely to branching paths and substantial plot content (and maybe some fun times if you play your cards right... see the pic above). He's doing fabulously. It is simply taking a little time to work around his full-time job. When Roy started with us initially, he had months and months to train and practice before we released an update. Xor, unfortunately, doesn't have that leisure. Rest assured he's doing his damndest. He's fabulous about asking for feeback from both Marg and myself, and we're really pleased with his work. You can check out some of his work over on Instagram. Speaking of which...
Marg and our Instagram account are now up to 1300 followers which is pretty fabulous. Xor is using the materials there to train and practice as he continuously works on the game.
Lastly, we here at Thunderline would like to officially announce that Marguerite is taking more of a substantial role in the Thunderline team. Marguerite has agreed to be our post-work artist. This means that after Xor renders out the images, Marg will adjust lighting, colors, etc. She's already proven a great eye for this on her edits of the Instagram renders, and she's got a great eye for color. Please drop her a congrats if you see her on Insta or Discord!
I'm honestly very excited about this update. I know it's taking a while, but sometimes road trips hit detours. I can tell you that it is a substantial update where I think a lot of fans will be pleased for various reasons. I'm excited also to see everyone's reception of Xor's work. Although he is a newbie, I think you'll be just as pleased as I am.
Cheers,
Inkwell

P.S. Since going his own way, Roy has managed to resurrect and crank out another update of To Be a King. You should check it out! It is no longer under the Thunderline banner anymore and will be an IT Roy exclusive. Check out his Patreon .

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
View attachment 1139607

Hello all!

Thought I would let Xor keep busy and take over the Dev post for this week. Some updates:
Xor is about 1/3 of the way through the *biggest* scene in .4. This is due largely to branching paths and substantial plot content (and maybe some fun times if you play your cards right... see the pic above). He's doing fabulously. It is simply taking a little time to work around his full-time job. When Roy started with us initially, he had months and months to train and practice before we released an update. Xor, unfortunately, doesn't have that leisure. Rest assured he's doing his damndest. He's fabulous about asking for feeback from both Marg and myself, and we're really pleased with his work. You can check out some of his work over on Instagram. Speaking of which...
Marg and our Instagram account are now up to 1300 followers which is pretty fabulous. Xor is using the materials there to train and practice as he continuously works on the game.
Lastly, we here at Thunderline would like to officially announce that Marguerite is taking more of a substantial role in the Thunderline team. Marguerite has agreed to be our post-work artist. This means that after Xor renders out the images, Marg will adjust lighting, colors, etc. She's already proven a great eye for this on her edits of the Instagram renders, and she's got a great eye for color. Please drop her a congrats if you see her on Insta or Discord!
I'm honestly very excited about this update. I know it's taking a while, but sometimes road trips hit detours. I can tell you that it is a substantial update where I think a lot of fans will be pleased for various reasons. I'm excited also to see everyone's reception of Xor's work. Although he is a newbie, I think you'll be just as pleased as I am.
Cheers,
Inkwell

P.S. Since going his own way, Roy has managed to resurrect and crank out another update of To Be a King. You should check it out! It is no longer under the Thunderline banner anymore and will be an IT Roy exclusive. Check out his Patreon .
If the whole update was just the MC and best-girl Morgan in that position I wouldn't complain :love:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1618936941111.png

Okay, now that I have wrested control of the patreon from Inkwell, the knob, I can put out a REAL dev update. Kidding, I am actually really happy that Inkwell took it over last week. The weekend led into an astronomically shit Monday, so being able to continue to work on renders was immensely appreciated by me toward Inkwell, so thank you very much, sir.
A couple patrons have expressed concern over the time it is taking to get .4 out. At the end of the day, we are grateful for every ounce people want to give to us in support of this project, but by no means do we expect it nor would we hold anything against anyone wishing to depart due to the amount of time that has passed since being released. The honest truth is, with me taking over the art for Last Call back in February, that is really the start of development excluding writing. .4 was ready for renders midway through To be a King's .4 development. Roy was struggling with his real life job as well as his creativity bucket being completely drained when we finished .4 of TbaK and this lead to ultimately a delay in Last Call getting released. So, while it is painfully evident we have not seen a release from Last Call right around 8 months now, I can only say that I am sorry.
Real life hit us hard, Roy had to step away due to his job being excessively taxing and it not likely letting up anywhere in a near future. This is why I stepped up to continue the story. However, interestingly enough, I was not initially wanting to continue. Inkwell's real job being exhausting as it was as well, I figured he'd be happy to end it. Oh, how wrong I was. Roy, Inkwell, Marguerite, and myself met online and discussed the future of Thunderline Studios. Much to my surprise, Inkwell and Marguerite asked if we could look for a new artist. I was shocked as I did not anticipate this. Roy was more than amicable and agreed to assist us in any transition to a new artist.
Roy and I then talked privately later that day and we both knew that finding a new artist who would work with Thunderlines style was unlikely. I asked Roy if he would train me, and he happily agreed. Roy has been constantly gracious and helpful with my inane questions for skin issue, lighting, expressions, certain sliders, things that cannot be named on patreon, you name it, I have asked.
So, as stated above, while I know it does not help the situation at all, the only real way to explain the delay in .4 of Last Call is simply that development hit a halt in August of last year and did not pick up until February of this year. I am making steady progress each day, even if it' isn't in game renders, it is in learning. I have, thanks to very dear friends, learned even more concepts on lighting, concepts on framing, concepts on focal points, concepts on composition, and concepts on concepts... well you get the idea. I have learned more about Photoshop(see previous update about making Bobby a ginger), Roy has helped me with Makeup (video coming soon to his youtube channel). So, in the effort of full disclosure, that is what went on and what has been going on. I again am desperately sorry to our loyal patrons. You have stuck with us through these last several months of limited activity and transition and we cannot and will never be able to thank you all enough.
We want to continue this game and others after it. Inkwell enjoys writing very much, Marguerite loves handling the Instagram as well as doing post work, and while my original focus was coding, which I do enjoy, I have found enjoyment in making art that I never expected. Nailing that expression, or snapping the perfect pose with a beloved character, it is difficult to describe the feeling of elation you get when the mark hits home.
We are so grateful for each and everyone of you guys and we cannot wait to share .4 of Last Call with you. We thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of our hearts for sticking with us through these last several months, I know it has not been easy. And as I stated before, if you need to depart, please do so with no fear or ill will from us. We hope to see you back after we prove ourselves, as I know at this point, that is what we need to do.
One last time: Thank you, to each and every one of you. We would not be here without you and trust me, we know this to our core. You make this possible.

All the best to every one of you,

Bottoms up,

Xor
P.S. If you're interested in learning DAZ3D and saw my comment about Roy's YouTube videos, don't forget he has a patreon . He makes great videos for beginners of 3D modeling in DAZ3D.

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
View attachment 1153141

Okay, now that I have wrested control of the patreon from Inkwell, the knob, I can put out a REAL dev update. Kidding, I am actually really happy that Inkwell took it over last week. The weekend led into an astronomically shit Monday, so being able to continue to work on renders was immensely appreciated by me toward Inkwell, so thank you very much, sir.
A couple patrons have expressed concern over the time it is taking to get .4 out. At the end of the day, we are grateful for every ounce people want to give to us in support of this project, but by no means do we expect it nor would we hold anything against anyone wishing to depart due to the amount of time that has passed since being released. The honest truth is, with me taking over the art for Last Call back in February, that is really the start of development excluding writing. .4 was ready for renders midway through To be a King's .4 development. Roy was struggling with his real life job as well as his creativity bucket being completely drained when we finished .4 of TbaK and this lead to ultimately a delay in Last Call getting released. So, while it is painfully evident we have not seen a release from Last Call right around 8 months now, I can only say that I am sorry.
Real life hit us hard, Roy had to step away due to his job being excessively taxing and it not likely letting up anywhere in a near future. This is why I stepped up to continue the story. However, interestingly enough, I was not initially wanting to continue. Inkwell's real job being exhausting as it was as well, I figured he'd be happy to end it. Oh, how wrong I was. Roy, Inkwell, Marguerite, and myself met online and discussed the future of Thunderline Studios. Much to my surprise, Inkwell and Marguerite asked if we could look for a new artist. I was shocked as I did not anticipate this. Roy was more than amicable and agreed to assist us in any transition to a new artist.
Roy and I then talked privately later that day and we both knew that finding a new artist who would work with Thunderlines style was unlikely. I asked Roy if he would train me, and he happily agreed. Roy has been constantly gracious and helpful with my inane questions for skin issue, lighting, expressions, certain sliders, things that cannot be named on patreon, you name it, I have asked.
So, as stated above, while I know it does not help the situation at all, the only real way to explain the delay in .4 of Last Call is simply that development hit a halt in August of last year and did not pick up until February of this year. I am making steady progress each day, even if it' isn't in game renders, it is in learning. I have, thanks to very dear friends, learned even more concepts on lighting, concepts on framing, concepts on focal points, concepts on composition, and concepts on concepts... well you get the idea. I have learned more about Photoshop(see previous update about making Bobby a ginger), Roy has helped me with Makeup (video coming soon to his youtube channel). So, in the effort of full disclosure, that is what went on and what has been going on. I again am desperately sorry to our loyal patrons. You have stuck with us through these last several months of limited activity and transition and we cannot and will never be able to thank you all enough.
We want to continue this game and others after it. Inkwell enjoys writing very much, Marguerite loves handling the Instagram as well as doing post work, and while my original focus was coding, which I do enjoy, I have found enjoyment in making art that I never expected. Nailing that expression, or snapping the perfect pose with a beloved character, it is difficult to describe the feeling of elation you get when the mark hits home.
We are so grateful for each and everyone of you guys and we cannot wait to share .4 of Last Call with you. We thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of our hearts for sticking with us through these last several months, I know it has not been easy. And as I stated before, if you need to depart, please do so with no fear or ill will from us. We hope to see you back after we prove ourselves, as I know at this point, that is what we need to do.
One last time: Thank you, to each and every one of you. We would not be here without you and trust me, we know this to our core. You make this possible.

All the best to every one of you,

Bottoms up,

Xor
P.S. If you're interested in learning DAZ3D and saw my comment about Roy's YouTube videos, don't forget he has a patreon . He makes great videos for beginners of 3D modeling in DAZ3D.

This your post/comment makes me somehow a little worried... - I hope that at least the health is well, then that is the most important.
Even if by chance this game becomes a solo job, take your time.
If your passion and good health are not there, it may be felt in the work done on the game, and therefore destroy this great work.
The way I see it, you should take some time for yourself, to take care of yourself, and get some rest from all this madness that we've all been going through for some time.
Considering the work that has already been designed, you are very talented. - from my part I remain confident concerning you, and concerning your future work.
Take good care of yourself, health has become way too precious lately.
I give you a big hug.
LOVES

GamerGod76

Mar 26, 2020
This game being on hold truly saddens me. I loved this game, the writing and art was amazing. Was a great mixture of romance, comedy and sex. Hopefully we will see this continue on in the near future. I need to get back to my short dark haired little hell cat Morgan on there :)

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Just a suggestion that I'd like to make in passing: maybe it's time to update the game's banner.

The characters

look hideous in comparison with how they actually look in the game.
I wouldn't recognize Morgan if it weren't for the hair.
And what's with Annie's smile? :LOL:

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes