4.10 star(s) 50 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
tl:dr when's next update?
It's been over a year so who the heck knows? Perhaps it would have been better to hire an artist who knew what they were doing while Xor was training instead of having their patrons wait so long for an update. Oh well, too late now.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1629775985975.png

Following up on my post from a month ago, I forgot to talk about another thing that has cropped up in DAZ for me more than once. Getting what I would consider natural looking drinking poses always takes a lot of effort. Domiek had told me that arms are not natural length with the models. I honestly didn't believe him at first. Then I took a look at Annie and where her arms/hands ended. They ended higher than for example like my arms/hands do. Mine end right about middle or just past middle of my thigh. Interesting right? So then I tried to sit myself straight up and sit on the palms of my hands, success. Then tried to do it in DAZ, no go. Short version there is an arms length morph which fixes the problem and I feel like an idiot for not knowing this, but yeah learning everyday has ultimately become the norm.
Overall, last week was about as productive as I expected. The puppy takes up some time and with a few unexpected issues cropping up in real life, I was able to complete the long bar scene which was nice to put behind me. I had more mesh lights than I could count by the time that was done with. The scene looked like someone threw a bunch of plates into the air and then did a freeze frame if I pulled the camera out.
I now have less than 70 pages of the game left to make art for and that in tandem with my getting more and more comfortable with DAZ and what that all entails I'm hopeful that sooner rather than later I will be done with the art and can move on to the coding. I still can not give any kind of estimation on time frame unfortunately, but as always we are forever grateful for each and everyone of you supporters and we think the world of you.
You guys keep us going, so thank you very much for that.
As always you wonderful patrons, all the best and
Bottoms up,

Xor

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
I really want a new update so that I can find myself pledging.

This is one of these cases where you see the work but can't decide wether to support or not because of its inconsitency

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1630427495682.png

I ended up picking up a cold from a friend of mine early last week. Not the worst I have ever experienced, but did slow down renders last week and for that I do apologize. I'm am fully well on the mend and made nice progress today which I am very happy about.
Puppy is doing well and settled in very nicely. He just turned 12 weeks last Friday and is growing fast and he and Jarvis are almost kind of starting to think about getting along.
Unfortunately, I don't have too terribly much to say this week since I was down so long from the cold.
OH! Lighting! Not that anyone cares, but I can blather on for a couple more sentences about lighting. Last weeks teaser we saw Morgan laying seductively, well when I had a shot today that had the camera pointing up, the central light ended up being in the shot and the plane light that is listed as a ghost light was in fact very visible in the render. Easy enough to switch over and not going to lie, to my very great surprise... couldn't tell the difference once I put the new ghost light in. I'm not kidding, I was very surprised.
For the longest time I never really understood the purpose of ghost lights, and to some degree I still don't. I know where I need to use them, and I know that there is a reason, but what I should say is I don't understand it. I had some lights that I had in the bar, and when I used just their ability to generate light it took 45 minutes per render, not something I wanted. The time it takes to render an image doesn't directly correlate to it being better. If it's really short, yes you can have artifacting and blemishes that likely will come out with more time, but if a render takes 2 hours, I was taught that lighting can be addressed to help reduce the time to quite a degree, hence why when I switched from using the lights as the only source, I lit them just enough to show up on the render, then used ghost lights to do the actual lighting and the times dropped to between 10 and 18 minutes. This has something to do with how light is calculated and how many bounces etc and with ghost lights, apparently it's much simpler. So yeah, I know why to use ghost lights, but the science behind it is a tish over my head.

Well, I managed to be boring again so that is a win.
Thank you, all of you for your continued support, it means so very much to the team and me.

All the best,
and as always,

Bottoms up,

Xor

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1631118052169.png

Had a good productive week since my cold has abated. Working on a lewd scene as demonstrated above. I kind of have a love/hate with lewd scenes. Posing takes way longer, BUT, you can kind of eek out an extra render with miner posing tweaks and a camera angle change AND within the camera change, you can also alter the frame and DoF if it serves purpose. Like this image above, since the focus is Morgan, I change the frame to make that obvious by using the 15W 22L. This enhances how drastic the DoF is and makes sure the eye is drawn to the titties, I mean Morgan.
In regards to non-lewd scenes, I find them easier than lewd scenes as generally it's a sitting standing pose that can be altered as needed, but generally the expressions take front and center stage so they are what get changed more often than not. This isn't to say that poses may not change as I really don't like the same pose and have 3 shots of the character. Often times I will try and alter the post drastically OR at minimum maybe have a hand gesture come in to play. But once you have your characters set up, you can take a couple different pictures as the dialogue is rolling through and change who the camera is pointing at. Overall, the point is to make sure the scene sells itself. If the characters look like wood, what's the point in doing it at all? Making an interaction/conversation work, to me, demands that it look like what a real conversation looks like. Hell, when you are around a group of friends in a garage or sitting at a bar, you shift in your seat from time to time, or when standing, you don't just stand stoic like a bouncer... unless you're a bouncer, but there aren't any bouncers at Last Call and I am rambling, moving on.
So, the cold has more or less run it's course. Still have a lingering cough, but that is generally how my body handles colds, lucky me. Puppy is doing well. He's very smart... almost too smart for his own good. Little dude doubled his weight in a month, but I suppose that happens when you plow through 4 and a half cups of food a day. Inkwell is doing well, just got back into the swing of things with his job. He's going back through .4 script right now getting ready to start writing .5 and Marg is enjoying her vacation with her family.
Well, I am going to get back to renders and see if I can break my daily record today.
Thank you, as always to each and everyone of you. To those in the States, I hope you had a wonderful 3 day weekend, to those outside the States, I hope you had an amazing 2 day weekend. To everyone, I hope you are already having and continue to have a fantastic week and I will see you at the next update. Don't forget we have a , feel free to pop on and say hi!
Bottoms up guys!

Xor

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Judging by the number of posts in this thread and the likes that johnelros garners with the previews it seems that any interest in this game has all but vanished. I mean on this site. I can't blame people, but seeing a smiling and naked Morgan will always warm my heart and fill my penis with hot blood. I neither can nor want to help it.

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
Judging by the number of posts in this thread and the likes that johnelros garners with the previews it seems that any interest in this game has all but vanished. I mean on this site. I can't blame people, but seeing a smiling and naked Morgan will always warm my heart and fill my penis with hot blood. I neither can nor want to help it.
Not that I'm necessarily any indication, but: although I don't have particular fondness for morgan (not as much my type as some of the others) I'm still very much interested in this game. And FWIW, I think there's a really good chance it continues, and new updates are eventually released. Despite the setbacks - and the pace - the developers are working actively on it, posting often, and seem very engaged on patreon, instagram, etc. And it feels to me like both Xor and Inkwell have a lot of enthusiasm still for the project and it strikes me that that is often the most important thing. Making a game like this is undeniably a slog just because of the amount of work involved and it's enthusiasm (as well as force of will I suppose) that will see you through.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I am just curious why there appears to be so few models for artists to use, on top of the quality of the models themselves. for example some of the lips on the girls look ridiculous, and then there is the arm / hand size issue, but i am not comparing any of this to this game.
Why does there seem to be such a shortage of models, given that whoever makes these, makes quite a lot of money over time. But the lips on some models, kinda ruins the entire immersion for me, no matter how great the story is.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I am just curious why there appears to be so few models for artists to use, on top of the quality of the models themselves. for example some of the lips on the girls look ridiculous, and then there is the arm / hand size issue, but i am not comparing any of this to this game.
Why does there seem to be such a shortage of models, given that whoever makes these, makes quite a lot of money over time. But the lips on some models, kinda ruins the entire immersion for me, no matter how great the story is.
maybe cheaper models used.

RedBud412

Jun 19, 2021
Sadly it does seem this game is RIP. It was one that was different than most out there. I've read thru this thread and have read countless replies from said developer on reasons for this or that with no new updates whatsoever. Perhaps it's time to change that tag from ongoing to abandoned. I agree with someone else said. It may have been better to hire some help or hand this game off to a developer who could keep it going. Game had fresh ideas and a real good story.

Just my opinion, this is a prime example why some developers have a hard time getting supporters when so many string their supporters on. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem supporting game developers. That's why I purchase many games off Steam. I know what I'm paying for a head of time, and it's not a monthly payment for a 5 minute game play update. Simple math $20 x 12 months = $240 for a game not even complete vs $9.99-19.99 for a complete game. I prefer to give my $ to developers who complete a game not just start one and jump to next. I download games all time from various websites to try new ones before I spend a dime. Again, just my food for thought. Not trying to sell anyone on my way of thinking.

Now it's back to playing one of a million games with a story line of waking up from a coma several years later and hooking up with my forgotten daughters.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ITRoy

ITRoy

Game Developer
Dec 24, 2017
Sadly it does seem this game is RIP. It was one that was different than most out there. I've read thru this thread and have read countless replies from said developer on reasons for this or that with no new updates whatsoever. Perhaps it's time to change that tag from ongoing to abandoned. I agree with someone else said. It may have been better to hire some help or hand this game off to a developer who could keep it going. Game had fresh ideas and a real good story.

Just my opinion, this is a prime example why some developers have a hard time getting supporters when so many string their supporters on. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem supporting game developers. That's why I purchase many games off Steam. I know what I'm paying for a head of time, and it's not a monthly payment for a 5 minute game play update. Simple math $20 x 12 months = $240 for a game not even complete vs $9.99-19.99 for a complete game. I prefer to give my $ to developers who complete a game not just start one and jump to next. I download games all time from various websites to try new ones before I spend a dime. Again, just my food for thought. Not trying to sell anyone on my way of thinking.

Now it's back to playing one of a million games with a story line of waking up from a coma several years later and hooking up with my forgotten daughters.
No updates whatsoever? Might want to check the Patreon, bro.

4.10 star(s) 50 Votes