win32
mac
linux

AdultSciFi.net

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
v2017-11
This release continues the male story.
I didn't realize that this is a pirates forum (my bad) so I guess that I won't be coming here again. And, unfortunately, I'll have to think about adding some form of copy protection to my game.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I didn't realize that this is a pirates forum (my bad) so I guess that I won't be coming here again. And, unfortunately, I'll have to think about adding some form of copy protection to my game.
I wouldn't if I were you. The people here either wouldn't pay for your game anyway, or they'll find they like it and then become your patreons.
Many people here support developers on Patreon.
You can't really fight piracy and you might actually lose people who would otherwise support you if you add annoying copy protection to your game.
Better embrace it, it helps spread knowledge of your game.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Don't pirate my game to my face
I was going from forum to forum to tell the news of the public release of my game when I found someone (that I won't mention) on a forum (that I also won't mention) where I have a thread for my game who had written a post with links (to a sharing server) to the Patreon version of my game.

I understand that piracy is inevitable but please, don't do it in my game's thread where I, the developer of the game, post. i.e. Don't do it to my face. Have some basic decency. Not only for me but for the good people who support my work.

On a related note, I would like to thank all the supporters of my work who have supported me in the past and/or continue to support me. Your support means a lot to me as it validates the work that I'm doing and is a great motivator. It's not the best of games but if some are willing to pirate it, I must be doing something right.
AND
Statistics
The previous piracy post made me think that it would be a good idea to collect anonymous statistics on the game so starting with the December release the game will now send anonymous data so I can get statistics on the release date, version (public or Patreon), OS and how many people play the game (from the public IPs). The numbers won't be exact but they should give a good general overview. I will probably make these statistics public after I have collected enough and may also make monthly charts of the information gathered.

Reactions: Namco15 and botc76

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
not a bad idea to use stats to get a rough idea on how many is playing this game.

I noticed other game devs have a public demo and patreon release of the games. Perhaps the game here can still serve the intents of coming to forums like this - spreading the word about your game.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
how many assets you have are free or paid,but DL from pirate site ? and you calling us pirates ? x'D
i yet to see at least one game with 3D renders,that have thier own hand made models/textures.
good to know,that you keen to annoy you supporters. "pirates" just don't give flying F about protections.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
how many assets you have are free or paid,but DL from pirate site ? and you calling us pirates ? x'D
i yet to see at least one game with 3D renders,that have thier own hand made models/textures.
good to know,that you keen to annoy you supporters. "pirates" just give flying F about protections.
If his game is really popular, someone will crack any protection he can make, if not his patreon won't earn him money anyway.
It's just stupidity, but there will always be devs who don't get it.

Reactions: Namco15

Deleted member 30700

Donor
May 11, 2017
I wouldn't if I were you. The people here either wouldn't pay for your game anyway, or they'll find they like it and then become your patreons.
Many people here support developers on Patreon.
You can't really fight piracy and you might actually lose people who would otherwise support you if you add annoying copy protection to your game.
Better embrace it, it helps spread knowledge of your game.
Do you remember when BB and SP tried to put DRM on their games? They gave up and took it out, then their Patronage went up 2 fold because of it. Now BB is making 30k a month up from 20k.

I don't understand why some new dev's continue to do this...It is basically free advertising for the dev. It's simple economics, the more eyes you have on your product, the more people are likely to donate to your product. I can't believe this dev still has not embraced this. All dev's that started the game without DRM are making a shit ton of money, and some are even putting out substandard work.

Track the downloads and donations. If you have more non-paying players, and Donations are going up...then they are passing the word around. Free advertising and built in Beta testers. Well, it is unfortunate the dev. hasn't figured this out yet. I guess he'll have to learn the hard way. :confused:

This is weird because, because I just wrote about this in the XD

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
I don't understand why some new dev's continue to do this...
they either are new to the internet(DRM never work,it only annoy. this was like for decades now.),or they took EA,Ubisoft,Activision etc. teaching to the heart - enforce useless DRM,annoy your player base,time to time go full retard and most of all try to milk everyone and annoy them even more in the process. capitali$m.

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
i don't even know why they would care because if i was a dev i would like if pepole share my game/program if they link to my patreon/site becouse that would mean that if some of them like it then they will find a way to support me in the long round
but then iam not a dev iam just a person that knows a lite* trading(more pepole knows about your product more money sort of ) about plus as pepole in businesses know you more pepole know about you product more will (may) buy it wish means more money to use to improve the game/program in the long round. if i is not mistaken do not patreon based on a "reward" system where if pepole support a patreon at a tier they are "rewarded" some stuff so in theory every one who support the patreon is gifted the "game" as a reward for supporting if iam not mistaken (wish i can be if so please explain to me :) )

o and sorry for long text and some miss spellings not native english writer

U

User_23654

Here are some links for v2017-12

Win-32bit:
Win-64bit:
Mac:
Linux:

Remember he wanted to track those who play this game! Even if he said later that he doesn't implement it.

If you want to be on the safe side, just block the exe with your anti-virus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Twistty and lunamm

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Here are some links for v2017-12

Win-32bit:
Win-64bit:
Mac:
Linux:

Remember he wanted to track those who play this game! Even if he said later that he doesn't implement it.

If you want to be on the safe side, just block the exe with your anti-virus.
This isnt the complete version apparently. Some images are blocked.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes