4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
Finished Act 3 and my biggest complaint is the "pet" word casing. Wanted to write down possible solutions but then found this excellent post which I will just quote here.
You may already know about them, N2TheFire, but in case not, Ren'Py has interpolation flags you can use on variables to force certain changes when applied. I mention this because I just started playing Last Human today and noticed the nickname of the nekos for the MC (I kept the default of "pet") is all lowercase at the beginning of at least one sentence:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The !c interpolation flag can fix that.
In fact, strictly speaking, you don't even have to require players to use all lowercase.
Don't stress on it. Someone actually reported this one to me already. What can I say, when I'm writing this stuff sometimes I get on a roll and mistype things lol. I really need to find a spell-checker for Atom.
Can recommend VSCode and Code Spell Checker addon. Despite its name it checks words spelling even in plain text files.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Hmm, I dont want dwell to much on this part, but the previous game from the dev (serenity ?) had just about everything I despise in an MC, So I dropped it early. Just couldnt enjoy the game because of that.

I love monstergirls and Kemonomimi stuff. So I want to give this one a chance. Is it a completely different MC, and do the catgirls least have some beast race instincts/traits to complement them being catgirls ? Not just humans with catgirl skins?. Thats all I kinda want to ask.

Idea of the story reminds me of a manwhua I once read, so it could be interesting.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Hmm, I dont want dwell to much on this part, but the previous game from the dev (serenity ?) had just about everything I despise in an MC, So I dropped it early. Just couldnt enjoy the game because of that.

I love monstergirls and Kemonomimi stuff. So I want to give this one a chance. Is it a completely different MC, and do the catgirls least have some beast race instincts/traits to complement them being catgirls ? Not just humans with catgirl skins?. Thats all I kinda want to ask.

Idea of the story reminds me of a manwhua I once read, so it could be interesting.
Hmm...i guess you wouldn't get happy with this VN then too. It is pretty similar to Serenity.

Reactions: Nobles

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
I just finished playing through all the available episodes. I enjoyed it very much. Nice story and can't wait to see where the MC will end with all the loving pets.

fearjam

May 5, 2019
I came from Serenity. I discovered Serenity I believe when it was a different game? I forget the history but regardless I came to this game as one of the people who was following Serenity for a while back when it was more actively updated. Today I decided to try out this game and having played through the first couple hours, I love this story already and I am not at all upset or disappointed that Serenity's development time *might* have been affected by this game.

So in case it wasn't clear: Thank you for your stories. You're good at making these, and I am excited to follow the stories as they continue.

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I came from Serenity. I discovered Serenity I believe when it was a different game? I forget the history but regardless I came to this game as one of the people who was following Serenity for a while back when it was more actively updated. Today I decided to try out this game and having played through the first couple hours, I love this story already and I am not at all upset or disappointed that Serenity's development time *might* have been affected by this game.

So in case it wasn't clear: Thank you for your stories. You're good at making these, and I am excited to follow the stories as they continue.
fearjam - thank you for the kind words.

And I want to address something here that I guess a lot of people missed over the last year. I know everyone doesn't see or read posts on Patreon every time I post one (which is why I've started posting my full devlogs here as well as on Patreon). Development time took a dive early in the year because well... something I never thought could happen to me did. I see it happen to many of my fellow devs out there. I got depressed. I don't even know how that happens. But I know it isn't something I can instantly fix. And I know that just recognizing that I have that problem and working to deal with it has helped a lot. And I don't know how much I can press this into you guys that messages like these help too. I love hearing when people really enjoy my work. It means a lot. It means more to me than patron counts or itch donations. Someone posted a comment on my itch one time (long while back) that simply said "I love this!". I was elated. Three simple words. I know some people don't like Serenity or Last Human and that's fine. I don't like every game I play either. But I love knowing that I do have a following; people that are on my wavelength.

So, as I said... thank you for the kind words. They really do mean a lot to me!

lh_special_kal_nat(1920).png

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

And I want to address something here that I guess a lot of people missed over the last year. I know everyone doesn't see or read posts on Patreon every time I post one (which is why I've started posting my full devlogs here as well as on Patreon). Development time took a dive early in the year because well... something I never thought could happen to me did. I see it happen to many of my fellow devs out there. I got depressed. I don't even know how that happens. But I know it isn't something I can instantly fix. And I know that just recognizing that I have that problem and working to deal with it has helped a lot. And I don't know how much I can press this into you guys that messages like these help too. I love hearing when people really enjoy my work. It means a lot. It means more to me than patron counts or itch donations. Someone posted a comment on my itch one time (long while back) that simply said "I love this!". I was elated. Three simple words. I know some people don't like Serenity or Last Human and that's fine. I don't like every game I play either. But I love knowing that I do have a following; people that are on my wavelength.

View attachment 3069200
I'm really glad I found Serenity and then, through that, Last Human. I'm also glad you found a way to work through / in spite of the depression. I myself have never suffered from it, but I have known many people close to me who have — with responses to it from one extreme to the other. I'm happy you're doing a lot better, and thanks for sharing your stories with us. I hope you continue to look after yourself. It's easy to let self-care go, and in the process it seems like it can sneak up and suddenly overwhelm you.

And in case it wasn't clear, I love this! :D

• Red Heart

fearjam

May 5, 2019

You are most welcome and most deserving of them. Maybe I'm emotional, but I genuinely teared up at multiple points while playing this game and I know you're going to make it even better. I could see between chapters some changes and I was always eager to read on. <3

• Red Heart

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
I just came across this AVN today and damn I was impressed. It was very well done and finely delivered. I played it through in one sitting and even though historically I am not a fan of kinetic novels, this was really worthwhile and satisfying to play.

I look forward to your next release with impatience :)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Great update again. And damn...LILI! Was upset when read she would be leaving Serenity, but does this mean she will be around here for a while now?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Great update again. And damn...LILI! Was upset when read she would be leaving Serenity, but does this mean she will be around here for a while now?
I could be wrong, but I believe she'll be gone from both (though might visit? not sure). She belongs back in Oppai Odyssey instead.

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes