4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Whilst I'm sorry to upset you negative language is going to be expressed in a negative review and exaggeratory or mocking language is something that can be used to express how large a specific issue is to the experience so other people who also dislike that aspect will know they will probably not enjoy the game.

I feel like reviews are more for other people to gauge whether they want to engage with the game or not so I'm going to be sincere as I'd hope the reviews I'm reading are sincere.
Like if I read my own review beforehand I probably wouldn't have played the game as there is emphasis on something I dislike so I know I wouldn't like the overall experience. Sure some people will use reviews to be a dick but you can't assume anybody using language/tone you dislike is trying to insult you when it can just be a way to express their sincere feelings which is literally the point of a review.

To put it simply I was annoyed by the character so I sarcastically mocked the character because that's something people do when they are annoyed by something and I had it as an addendum because it was not the original reason I wrote the review but it was something that constantly detracted from the experience
We will agree to disagree, as I stand by what I said. It boils down to common decency in my opinion. As part of the AVN community, you should want to help a developer be better, not be sarcastic and try to humiliate them with the words you choose. You want games to be better, but you can't expect any return when you talk that way. No, it isn't going to always be what YOU want. But that doesn't mean you have to use your words to deter others that might miss something they might actually like. A simple "I wish the MC was more like..." or "I didn't like the MC because...". I would have taken this stance whether I saw your review on mine or any other game. Instead of trying to build up the community, your words tear the good parts away little by little. And it isn't language only I dislike... It's insulting to anyone reading that. You're trying to justify being an ass and then owning up to it proudly like you did nothing wrong.

It is what it is. You are who you are, and I am who I am. You choose to speak that way, I choose not to. You think it's right, I think it's wrong. Either way, I'll say no more about it. Carry on.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
We will agree to disagree, as I stand by what I said. It boils down to common decency in my opinion. As part of the AVN community, you should want to help a developer be better, not be sarcastic and try to humiliate them with the words you choose. You want games to be better, but you can't expect any return when you talk that way. No, it isn't going to always be what YOU want. But that doesn't mean you have to use your words to deter others that might miss something they might actually like. A simple "I wish the MC was more like..." or "I didn't like the MC because...". I would have taken this stance whether I saw your review on mine or any other game. Instead of trying to build up the community, your words tear the good parts away little by little. And it isn't language only I dislike... It's insulting to anyone reading that. You're trying to justify being an ass and then owning up to it proudly like you did nothing wrong.

It is what it is. You are who you are, and I am who I am. You choose to speak that way, I choose not to. You think it's right, I think it's wrong. Either way, I'll say no more about it. Carry on.
It's the difference between constructive criticism and a review intending to clown on something.

I'm not gonna pretend I haven't enjoyed the second at times in my life, but the time and place is not on an in dev game thread where the dev is actively engaging with the community. Something finished that's never gonna be updated clown away, but doing so on a work in progress is just rude and a motivation sapper.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
It's the difference between constructive criticism and a review intending to clown on something.

I'm not gonna pretend I haven't enjoyed the second at times in my life, but the time and place is not on an in dev game thread where the dev is actively engaging with the community. Something finished that's never gonna be updated clown away, but doing so on a work in progress is just rude and a motivation sapper.
That is exactly what I'm trying to say.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
serenityc2_ep3_preview01(1920).png

(Not going to post the whole devlog this time, TL;DR - click link if you want to read it)

MEGA download links:

(2.64gb)

(2.62gb)

(2.65gb)

Android Users: I do not support the android version. I do however build it using the included tools in renpy. If you have issues, please check with other android users. Make sure you have free storage space.

Release Notes:
- Added Episode 4 with 1200 images
- Approx. 3000 lines of code
- Added 16 animations
- Added 21 new pieces of music (and a couple of sound effects)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
A nice update.

I like the new character that was introduced, though she raises few questions about MCs long term future.

Kinda conflicted on the dynamic change with a certain redhead, depending on the specifics if kinda feels three letter adjacent

glygoch

Apr 27, 2017
As someone who discovered this game like, 30 minutes ago, I'll say I found even your review quite helpful, so thank you. It reminded me of My New Family. Amusingly enough, that game also features a catgirl and is also notorious for the dev fighting reviewers. Nothing you said seems against the rules, all of it is just your personal opinion.

I know because I too put a bit of feeling into my reviews, in hopes it helps someone else decide, rather than being completely mechanical about it.

Anyway, best of luck to the dev. I would suggest never acting in a hostile manner, no matter how angry you think you have the right to be. It doesn't do anybody any good. If you feel like someone broke the rules, report it, otherwise just try to understand the issue and fix it or refuse and ignore it. Yes, I did read your comments on the page you linked, it seems to me you've straight up lost it, much like many other commenters there.

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
one thing is sure, is that the games of N2 whether it is Last Human or Serenity, they do a lot of good with this positivity, it is good for morale, especially in these times

and my favorite is Kalina, she is so cute, her personality is well thought out ;)

although, no actually I prefer them all lol they are all endearing

Thank you for this great story, totally a fan !!

Reactions: N2TheFire

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

Last Human [v0.7] [N2TheFire]

COMPRESSED PC/MAC/ANDROID

SIZE ~ 823 MB

PC: - (PC = Windows and Linux)

MAC: -

ANDROID: -

NOTE. In the official ANDROID version, the text box opacity isn’t working. I made some changes and fixed it. I also added an option to change the text size in the dialogues. I didn’t change anything related to permissions. During the installation of the official version, I had to allow permissions for the installation to continue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021
Idk if i missed something but when i loaded from the point where the ship going to a station in space, it had ended there. Do we have to restart or did miss something?

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
View attachment 3956454

(Not going to post the whole devlog this time, TL;DR - click link if you want to read it)

MEGA download links:

LastHuman-0.7-pc.zip (2.64gb)

LastHuman-0.7-mac.zip (2.62gb)

LastHuman-0.7-android.apk (2.65gb)

Android Users: I do not support the android version. I do however build it using the included tools in renpy. If you have issues, please check with other android users. Make sure you have free storage space.

Release Notes:
- Added Episode 4 with 1200 images
- Approx. 3000 lines of code
- Added 16 animations
- Added 21 new pieces of music (and a couple of sound effects)
is it you that adds these to the front page or do you have to get the mod to do it? lol was looking for them and found them quick but mega needs front page! lol

Exodus19

Oct 2, 2019
N2TheFire I absolutely love your work and this novel is amazing! Nekos just hit me a certain way heh. You are doing an amazing job at this and I really have no right asking this but I just want to express the one slight disappointment I have.... I dont know how difficult it is to animate or render it but I would love to be able to choose were to cum on the girls. Is it possible in the future the we may get the option during sex to cum on faces, boob, body? Hell I dunno why thats my fetish but hell does it make it a great experience to be able to have that option. Even if its not possible I just want to say thanks for the great story and I'll continue to follow!

Reactions: N2TheFire

glennis

May 20, 2018
View attachment 2013829

Overview:
Bound for the Starship Aurora in orbit around your dying world, you meet two Nekos who accidentally travel through an experimental wormhole to join you.
The earth has become a desolate and brutally cold place. All of the human race has died off. But you were saved because of your father, a scientist and inventor who designed the base you live in and helped you on the path to getting off the planet and aboard the waiting starship Aurora. Beyond that, the universe holds many adventures, dangers, and new worlds to discover. Your first mission... Getting these Nekos back to Pantheria. But on arrival, you find yourself being forced to fight another very familiar and very powerful Neko.
Last Human is a KINETIC VN story I started to write quite a few years ago. I started this project some time ago with another dev (Nope), but never got it off the ground. I took over the project, scrapped everything we had done and began again. My vision is simple: a science fiction fantasy with Nekos and some lewd fun mixed in with the usual comedy, romance, drama, and fun. This is not just a 'fuck' game; this is a series; a story (with some sex thrown in). The love interests will be a 'harem' and also your crew aboard the Aurora. Think "Star Trek" for adults.
Thread Updated: 2024-08-22
Release Date: 2024-08-22
Developer: N2TheFire - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.7
Language: English
Other Games: Serenity
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac: - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - - PIXELDRAIN -

Extras: NAME MOD

View attachment 2013819 View attachment 2013820 View attachment 2013821 View attachment 2013822 View attachment 2013823 View attachment 2013824 View attachment 2013825 View attachment 2013826 View attachment 2013827 View attachment 2013828 View attachment 2022696 View attachment 2022697 View attachment 2022699 View attachment 2022701 View attachment 2022702
I think that there is a rendering problem when I try to run the game I wonder if anyone else is running into that problem

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I would suggest never acting in a hostile manner, no matter how angry you think you have the right to be. It doesn't do anybody any good. If you feel like someone broke the rules, report it, otherwise just try to understand the issue and fix it or refuse and ignore it. Yes, I did read your comments on the page you linked, it seems to me you've straight up lost it, much like many other commenters there.
Well, let me see... so people can be hostile with me, and I can't voice MY opinion on that? Right, okay... I've been doing this for 5 years now and have been dragged through the mud, was told in DMs to give up (and quite a few other awful things I will not get into here). I make a VN, it's ultimately FREE. No, I have not "lost it". To me, there is a fine line between common decency when voicing your opinion and writing a review of something. I have absolutely no issue with negative reviews. I have even made small changes BECAUSE of negative reviews in an effort to make improvements I hope most people will like. I know I can't please everyone. But if I see a way to please another person that I can do without messing up what I have done already, then I'll do that.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say a negative review is almost more helpful than a positive one. I do like positive reviews because they tell me what I am doing right (based on that person's own opinion and preferences anyway). But when I read a negative one that is just being sarcastic and attempting to humiliate me - my first thought is "what is this person hoping to accomplish with this?"

There are plenty of good, well written negative reviews that present the person's issues with my game without stooping to such a level. Honestly, fgalrodREBORN's comments weren't necessarily as bad, but they are an example of what I'm talking about. His review was perfectly fine up until that last paragraph. I see it in other game reviews. And usually, I don't comment on the reviews. But it would seem to me that if you've played (we'll say my game), you found things you didn't like about it. You go to the trouble of coming back here to write a review - what is it that you hope to gain when you write a review? For me, if I am writing a review, I hope to pass on things to the dev that I felt would make the game better. The last thing I'd want to do is try to humiliate them or be ugly about it. That is all I am saying.

So, no. I haven't "straight up lost it". If that was the case, then so have you, and fgalrodREBORN, and every single other person who has voiced an opinion on such things. You say he said what he felt. Well, I'm saying what I felt. And no, I am definitely NOT notorious for fighting reviewers. I only brought this up in the first place when replying to a post. I think this was the first time I've actually brought up a review in here... might check the rest of the thread to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I didn't deserve the comparison to the other dev you mentioned. Actually, if you read through this entire thread (especially for Serenity), you'll probably see how far I've gone to try to please everyone even when I know I can't.

Anyway, best to drop this subject. And maybe I shouldn't have kept it going or even brought it up myself. I apologize to everyone for my part in it.

Peace...

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I apologize to everyone for my part in it.
I don't think one was needed. People treat indie devs the same as faceless ea corporate drone b, and it's real shitty. You don't have the support system or buffer that a large sce dev would, and I honestly think "gamers" are pretty horrible to those guys too, but at least they're not on the Frontline, they have community managers and the ilk to buffer them. And they're also usually one much smaller part of the whole, if Joe blow says your game sucks and you work on a dev team you can still feel pride in your work independent of how the game was received as a whole.

Solo devs handle every aspect so every critique is directed explicitly at them and their skills, it's obvious that a gentler touch would be required.

But this site loves to shit in the people who make the things we enjoy, so dev bashing is pretty common. From the super egregious to the kinda underhanded stuff we've seen here the last few days.

Sorry you've gotta put up with it N2, but I'm selfishly glad you do.

Kinky Boi

Jul 15, 2024
Um......I saw this game a while ago, but I never paid attention, since it's a kinetic novel, looks like a fantasy type too, then I would like to know how's MC?
His personality and ability both.
I just hope he's not a typical wimpy-ass/weak-ass, if he's a badass then I'm in without doubt.

Please Gentlemen reply me.

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes