4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Well, the relationships DO happen a bit faster than reality would dictate they should. Not as bad as Serenity, but still enough that this isn't the first person to comment on that. I've seen a lot of other really great VNs do the same thing. Last night I got a little too much 'in my feelings' because I don't really understand why people reviewing these things constantly act like they're suddenly a comedian instead of a constructive reviewer. The review in question here was fine! Until that last bit. Why add that? There is no other reason outside of just deciding to be a dick.

Anyway, I won't delete my post. It isn't that bad. It's how I feel about it. I usually wouldn't have gone to the extent of posting about it. I just get pissed when people overexaggerate to a point where what they're saying simply isn't even true anymore. They just turn the review area into a stage for them to see how clever they can be in humiliating the dev. I've got some bad reviews in both games. I can point out several 1-star reviews I have where the person didn't need to do that.

It is what it is. I appreciate the support from you guys. And besides, it is Friday... time for a new devlog to update on all this bullshit I was dealing with and finally get back to work on the update again. See you soon ;)
Hope you have a wonderful BDAY and many more.:giggle::giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: N2TheFire

Yorwanain1

Jun 23, 2024
English is not my natural language and I have translated this comment with Google so if there is any misinterpretation I apologize.
I really like the games you have developed and the idea of a multiverse with a copy of us in each one and that under certain conditions they can interact with each other is also very interesting.
I also think that, since we are in the multiverse, our dark side could be explored. For example: The Lord of Dreams and the Last Human on the light side and The Lord of Nightmares and the Last Conqueror on the dark side. And if they interact with each other we could see what we would become if we made bad decisions.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
English is not my natural language and I have translated this comment with Google so if there is any misinterpretation I apologize.
I really like the games you have developed and the idea of a multiverse with a copy of us in each one and that under certain conditions they can interact with each other is also very interesting.
I also think that, since we are in the multiverse, our dark side could be explored. For example: The Lord of Dreams and the Last Human on the light side and The Lord of Nightmares and the Last Conqueror on the dark side. And if they interact with each other we could see what we would become if we made bad decisions.
That is a very interesting idea. Believe it or not, it is similar to something I have in my list of ideas. Anyway, thanks for the kind words ;)

Reactions: Mutation8888

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
What I usually do with google translate is translate my language to the target language, then translate the google version back to my language to ensure nothing got mixed up before I send it to someone. Looks like it did good this time. I like the idea too. Then the good version in another universe, and story, would be sent to stop the bad version, resulting a major showdown between two different powerhouses.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
View attachment 3869224

Hey everyone... Thank God it's Friday. Last Friday started out a mess that extended through the week at my full-time job. And now I can update you on that situation and we can try to get back on track here.

First, the boring IT stuff - reason I didn't work on game at all this week:

By now, if you read any news at all, everyone has probably seen the various headlines about the Crowdstrike/Microsoft outage event. If you haven't, Crowdstrike is a pretty big antivirus company. Our company handles Accounting and IT for multiple other companies, and we use Crowdstrike. This event caused Windows 10 and 11 computers to crash to a blue screen where 'startup repair' or other methods to repair simply didn't work. In the simplest terms, CS sent an update out which added a bad driver file, with Windows instructed that this file is necessary in order to start up. Hence the blue screen loop people were getting. The fix was actually fairly simple... boot it into safe mode, delete the file, restart - back to normal again. Easy, right? Shit. Try to talk users through this over the phone. To add to this complication, our computers all use bitlocker so in order to even boot to safe mode, everyone needed a bitlocker key as well. That key is 8 sets of 6-digit numbers with dashes between each set. And if you happen to bump the ESC key on that screen, the computer reboots (several times) before you can get back to the repair options. You'd be surprised how many people did this. Anyway, so that is what I spent my week doing. One of our companies is local, our biggest one with the most users. I dealt with them in person. Some of these computers had more issues than simply deleting the file. They were booting to a black screen. For those, we had to reset them (reset but keep files). Our computers are managed via Azure or more accurately, Intune. So resetting isn't terrible... but adds a bit more work to getting a computer back to normal.

As of today, we've pretty much completely recovered from this mess. And today should be a quiet day. I'm back working from home and if it stays pretty quiet, I'll be back on rendering images for LH episode 4 again. I'll be doing that over most of this weekend, right up through my birthday which is Sunday (the day I originally wanted to have this update completed). No sense whining about it now I suppose. I'll just press on and continue working on it until it is finished. A lot of you have sent supportive comments and messages. You guys are the best, really. But I think you've waited long enough on this update so I'm gonna get my ass back to work on it. Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend! Love you all, ...Fire

PS: The special render is for my birthday of course... but I hope any of you who have a birthday close to mine enjoy it as well! Who wouldn't enjoy being served cake by these lovelys? Happy Birthday ;)
Happy Birthday there. Don't let Rin spank you... that might be fatal.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
What I usually do with google translate is translate my language to the target language, then translate the google version back to my language to ensure nothing got mixed up before I send it to someone. Looks like it did good this time. I like the idea too. Then the good version in another universe, and story, would be sent to stop the bad version, resulting a major showdown between two different powerhouses.
Yes, that is a neat idea also. Not to spoil what's ahead but I spent months before I actually started working on LH just writing down episode scenarios for after the MC and pets have all made their respective "connections" and we finally get "out there". I came up with some crazy shit. But this one was definitely very similar to one of them. You really can't have a space adventure the likes of Star Trek without a doppelganger episode LOL. Originally, the actual adventuring (into deep space exploration) wasn't even going to happen until the second season (chapter 2). But I shortened it up a bit after I had some friends read through my outline and said the beginning would feel like its dragging on.

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Yes, that is a neat idea also. Not to spoil what's ahead but I spent months before I actually started working on LH just writing down episode scenarios for after the MC and pets have all made their respective "connections" and we finally get "out there". I came up with some crazy shit. But this one was definitely very similar to one of them. You really can't have a space adventure the likes of Star Trek without a doppelganger episode LOL. Originally, the actual adventuring (into deep space exploration) wasn't even going to happen until the second season (chapter 2). But I shortened it up a bit after I had some friends read through my outline and said the beginning would feel like its dragging on.
Yeah Kirk fighting a sneaky, paranoid, uninhibited double was always entertaining.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
lh_special_kal_01(1920).png

Hello everyone, happy Saturday :)

To start things off... I just posted a small custom image pack of Kalina on the beach. It contains NSFW images. The post is open to Fade Angel tier and above. Check it out:

Now to development updates... We're getting down to the end now finally. It is one of the final scenes I'm on now and it is a long one, and a lot of work because it's a new environment that took a lot of experimenting to pull off. I've had to change things, and redo renders several times because I didn't like how it looked. I'm hoping the final outcome will be good. Once I nailed down some interiors I like, I'll get back to rendering, moving ever closer to the finish line on this thing. The scenes that come after this long one are short and not too complicated (end scenes). All that will be left after that is to run through it and place my music. Still a lot of work to be done, but we should be getting much closer to some ACTUAL release dates. I don't want to give a date right now because I hate getting hopes up (including my own) only to let you down. So, just know we're very close.

I'll be taking a shorter break between this release and starting work on Serenity episode 4. Probably a week. That update is super long, and I haven't decided exactly what I am going to do yet. I may be posted a poll sometime after the LH update is released and let you guys help me decide. In any case, one of the directions I am considering is going to be a lot more work than my usual direction. But it would be good for the game overall. I'll have more info on this once I get this LH update done and clear my head.

Meanwhile, have a wonderful weekend my friends... Love you all, ...Fire

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
lh_ep4_prev_14.png

Good weekend to you all...

I've been quite busy over the last week. First, that really long scene (I mentioned last devlog) will finally be completed by tonight. In fact, I hope to complete that and get mostly through the final scenes this weekend. Today, I have a bit more rendering to complete that scene, some animations, then I'll move on to the ending scenes which are fairly short.

In the past week, I also went live with my own website. I ended up having to change the theme I was using because for some reason, what I was seeing on my end is not what you guys were seeing on your end. I requested help from the creator of the theme I had purchased, but never heard anything back. I couldn't get the background and text colors to work properly in comments and sidebar menus. I tried everything I knew how to try. For now, I've switch to a simpler theme that I was able to modify so that it is mostly a dark theme (I absolutely fucking HATE bright white webpages that blind you). If I do ever hear back from that creator, hopefully I can switch back to that theme because I really loved those slideshows. Anyway, all that to say that if you checked my site out earlier this week, it will look different if you go there now. Also worth mentioning that these devlogs will be posted there of course, and sometimes with a bit more than what I post here. So, it's worth your time to bookmark my site and check in there now and then.

Alright, keeping this short today because I am anxious to get to work and see how much I can get done. It is now a good time to be excited for release because that could very well happen anytime between now and next weekend (barring any bullshit that tries to get in my way). I'll keep you posted as we get closer, and will quickly throw a release schedule at you guys as soon as I know for sure!

As always, have a wonderful weekend... Love you all, ...Fire

PS: I made a little Serenity signature picture. It could be better but... meh, the others were really old. I'll work on one for LH soon. ;)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
lh_ep4_prev_16.png

Now released to Goddess tier...

Release Notes:
- Added Episode 4 with 1200 images
- Approx. 3000 lines of code
- Added 16 animations

Release Schedule:
- Thursday 15th Released to Dream Angel ($50), Crown ($25), and Defender ($15) tiers
- Saturday 17th (TODAY) - Released to Fade Goddess ($10) tier
- Monday 19th - Released to Fade Angel ($5) tier
- Wednesday 21st - Released to Fade Visitor ($2) tier
- Friday 23rd - PUBLIC

Post with download links:

Last edited:

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Now released to ($5) Angel tier...

Release Notes:
- Added Episode 4 with 1200 images
- Approx. 3000 lines of code
- Added 16 animations

Release Schedule:
- Thursday 15th Released to Dream Angel ($50), Crown ($25), and Defender ($15) tiers
- Saturday 17th - Released to Fade Goddess ($10) tier
- Monday 19th (TODAY) - Released to Fade Angel ($5) tier
- Wednesday 21st - Released to Fade Visitor ($2) tier
- Friday 23rd - PUBLIC

Post with download links:

Apr 29, 2021
Congrats N2 for another quality release, the wholesomeness of this game and the girls is just addictive; really well written!

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

• Red Heart

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
weirdly enough that makes me think of one of the star trek movies. the one where picard basically finds his evil counterpart.

fgalrodREBORN

Dec 7, 2023
The comment at the end of your review was unnecessary. I didn't report it because I don't mind people speaking their mind to an extent and since this is a pirate site anyway, what would be the point? What you did was give a decently written review, and yeah it was a negative review and that is perfectly okay with me... but then you lost your shit and added a completely idiotic paragraph at the bottom, even admitting that it was 'unrelated'. If you had left that part out, the review was fine as it was and got the point across without coming off like a douche typed it. Even your comment here works in a negative review. "The game would be so much better if..." is a nice start to a review because that gets my attention. I read on and take a look at what I can do to make it better. But then you stomp on it... for what?

I hardly EVER comment on reviews in here (and God knows I've had to deal with some bad ones here and there) but that was just a bullshit cheap shot. At least other negative reviewers have been mostly decent about it and actually give me something to take notes on. Unlike some developers, I actually read those and make changes where I can when the information is something I can work off of.

I'm sorry for ranting about this you guys. And it probably sounds like I'm going off over nothing. But god dammit... enough is enough with the sarcastic and dumb comments in reviews not just on my games, but I see it on a lot of others. It's stuff like this that makes devs not want to participate here and try to have a nice community to discuss what we're doing. I like this site, but seriously some of you need to go back to fapnation.

You want better games? Learn to properly critique someone's hard work instead of trying to demoralize and lower spirits. I don't care if you give one star... if you give me ideas about what would make it better for you, I can work with that.

Anyway, been a long stressful week for me with this fucking Windows/Crowdstrike bullshit. I should probably get some sleep. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and delete this LOL

I didn't check the site for a while so when I read this later I felt bad that maybe I was being unreasonable in the review so I went and reread it, but looking at it now I honestly don't think I was being unfair.

Sure It was a sarcastic comment but it was a genuine complaint I had with a specific trait of a specific character that annoyed me enough to get a whole paragraph :p

ps Idk what fapnation is

Last edited:
Reactions: Irad

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I didn't check the site for a while so when I read this later I felt bad that maybe I was being unreasonable in the review so I went and reread it, but looking at it now I honestly don't think I was being unfair.

Sure It was a sarcastic comment but it was a genuine complaint I had with a specific trait of a specific character that annoyed me enough to get a whole paragraph :p

ps Idk what fapnation is
I don't feel that the sarcasm was necessary. Being annoyed with something is one thing, but there are ways to say things. Like I said, I participate here because this site has been mostly good to me in terms of generating more followers and I've mostly avoided the drama that a lot of game threads deal with. But because you were annoyed you went off and didn't care who it affects... if it turns into fapnation in here, I won't participate anymore.

Fapnation is a shithole, to put it lightly. If you like being a dick when commenting/reviewing games, you should go check it out. Just read the comment section and you'll see what I mean.

fgalrodREBORN

Dec 7, 2023
I don't feel that the sarcasm was necessary. Being annoyed with something is one thing, but there are ways to say things. Like I said, I participate here because this site has been mostly good to me in terms of generating more followers and I've mostly avoided the drama that a lot of game threads deal with. But because you were annoyed you went off and didn't care who it affects... if it turns into fapnation in here, I won't participate anymore.
Whilst I'm sorry to upset you negative language is going to be expressed in a negative review and exaggeratory or mocking language is something that can be used to express how large a specific issue is to the experience so other people who also dislike that aspect will know they will probably not enjoy the game.

I feel like reviews are more for other people to gauge whether they want to engage with the game or not so I'm going to be sincere as I'd hope the reviews I'm reading are sincere.
Like if I read my own review beforehand I probably wouldn't have played the game as there is emphasis on something I dislike so I know I wouldn't like the overall experience. Sure some people will use reviews to be a dick but you can't assume anybody using language/tone you dislike is trying to insult you when it can just be a way to express their sincere feelings which is literally the point of a review.

To put it simply I was annoyed by the character so I sarcastically mocked the character because that's something people do when they are annoyed by something and I had it as an addendum because it was not the original reason I wrote the review but it was something that constantly detracted from the experience

• Angry
Reactions: Irad and kcaldw
4.00 star(s) 21 Votes