4.00 star(s) 22 Votes

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
The person you're replying to isn't asking anything about the MC's first or last names. They want to separate the term of endearment variable (variable name "pet", default value: "pet") so that the term of endearment the MC uses for the girls is different from the term of endearment that the girls use for the MC. However, that would also require a rewrite of Pantherian culture, so it isn't really something that's going to happen.

Personally, I never liked that term itself (in my mind, the connotation of the term 'pet' is either demeaning or infantilizing in unpleasant ways, like an old person using it on an adult younger than them to pretend at affection while dismissing their opinions as immature compared to the older person), but had no problem with the concept, so the variable provided in the game is perfect. I changed it to "chosen" for my game.
When you first start writing/coding these VNs, sometimes these little details just aren't apparent at the time. I had no idea, for example, people would feel so differently about the word "pet". It wouldn't be that difficult to recode things so that people can name the MC (first AND last name). But changing the (pet) so that what you call them versus what they call you will surely make the Pantherian custom look weird. And it would also make things complicated where I'd have to either make everyone start a new game, or add extra coding so that you have to rename characters, save, then add a 'jump' to the latest release. Doing that brings other questions like, how long do I keep it there? It will just make things messy.

Someone else suggested adding menu choices where you can name the characters there (instead of at the beginning of the game). I think I know how to do that, but haven't tried yet. I'll have to experiment to see. I don't like that people have to add mods in order to get the game they want, so I do want to address this somehow. But I also don't want to make things over complicated in the process.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
When you first start writing/coding these VNs, sometimes these little details just aren't apparent at the time. I had no idea, for example, people would feel so differently about the word "pet". It wouldn't be that difficult to recode things so that people can name the MC (first AND last name). But changing the (pet) so that what you call them versus what they call you will surely make the Pantherian custom look weird. And it would also make things complicated where I'd have to either make everyone start a new game, or add extra coding so that you have to rename characters, save, then add a 'jump' to the latest release. Doing that brings other questions like, how long do I keep it there? It will just make things messy.

Someone else suggested adding menu choices where you can name the characters there (instead of at the beginning of the game). I think I know how to do that, but haven't tried yet. I'll have to experiment to see. I don't like that people have to add mods in order to get the game they want, so I do want to address this somehow. But I also don't want to make things over complicated in the process.
I'm with you N2, I like the pet idea.
But I can also understand the fan's wishing to lable it something else.
A choice in the Options menu sounds like a great idea.
But if you have any problems please remember to reach out to your Dev frineds for help.

I hope you have a great week, and please put time aside for yourself unwind and refresh.

Reactions: Twistty

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I'm with you N2, I like the pet idea.
But I can also understand the fan's wishing to lable it something else.
A choice in the Options menu sounds like a great idea.
But if you have any problems please remember to reach out to your Dev frineds for help.

I hope you have a great week, and please put time aside for yourself unwind and refresh.
I would think if someone really wanted to change the term "pet" they would have done it during initial startup when that was provided as an option when the player gets to rename the MC. If they forgot, it is not the Dev's fault nor the Dev's responsibility to change anything else just for those that did not take the opportunity when it presented itself. Of course, learning how to code something new or different into a game is always a beneficial endeavor either way. So far as having a different term to use for the Nekos as opposed to what the Nekos call the MC really is not a big deal I would think. Most terms of endearment among humans includes such neutral ones as "dear," "honey," "love" etc. just to name a few. It is not something most people think about or concern themselves with overmuch basically.

Last edited:

asdf6

Mar 4, 2023
Does this game has an update only for updates? I don't want to download the whole game again because of my slow internet speed.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Does this game has an update only for updates? I don't want to download the whole game again because of my slow internet speed.
No, but you can download the compressed Version, which is compared to the 2.6 GB only roughly 800 MB.

Last Human [v0.7] [N2TheFire]

COMPRESSED PC/MAC/ANDROID

SIZE ~ 823 MB

PC: WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN (PC = Windows and Linux)

MAC: WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN

ANDROID: WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN

NOTE. In the official ANDROID version, the text box opacity isn’t working. I made some changes and fixed it. I also added an option to change the text size in the dialogues. I didn’t change anything related to permissions. During the installation of the official version, I had to allow permissions for the installation to continue.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes