wildshot

May 28, 2020
This thread is for ZXC's Remake/Rewrite of Latex Dungeon using RPGM-MV (better graphical effects and generally more stable and with more flexibility than the older versions of RPGM).

Both are being updated alongside eachother, as Advanced is a built/offshoot based on ZXC's old version of Latex Dungeon.

This thread is for reuploads of ZXC's Remake builds using MV, so it is behind on content (although Latex Dungeon MV is catching up now on zones, it only being 2 I think behind (don't know how many zones the OG Latex Dungeon had), it just needs to go back and add transformations for old zones that OG/Advanced still have.etc).a

Eventually, unless if the developer of Advanced backports all the new assets from MV into Advanced (for artistic consistency), Latex Dungeon Advanced will fall behind MV due to MV pushing forwards with new content eventually.

Either that or the Advanced Dev starts working on a Advanced-style offshoot of the MV version of Latex Dungeon which if that happens, then the two will generally have art/asset parity, with this hypothetical MV-Advanced having fleshed out combat/balance changes.etc as was the mission statment of the original Latex Dungeon Advanced.
Thanks for the clarification, man. I was really confused with the multiple threads.

Malos323

Apr 21, 2018
I started with the LDA mod as bugfix because Z has great art but is a terrible programmer. After I killed a lot of bugs I added the old stuff back into the game. Upgrade zone, forbidden forest etc.

From that point on I started to get a little haywire and added a bunch of additional things. For once because I also had to learn how RPGmaker work and two because its like a shut down from my usual workplace.

As I added the crystal dungeons I started to implement the newer art from the mv version. Did own sprites or used some the community made for it.

Z and I don't compare to each other in any way what is the better one. I help him from time to time with the new thing and he let me use the art.
So which one of the versions is better or will be better in future is a nono.

I try to make a game he try to make a showcase

I hope this try of a explanation solve the one or another question
I wasn't explicitly saying which one was better, I was just saying that until MV starts making new Zones, Advanced is ahead in amount of content, and that if Advanced backports stuff from MV once it starts making new zones, it will be a "choose your flavor" thing.

And also, can I request some things for LDA?
1. Can we get a asset conversion (sprites, art.etc) to be more in line with MV in things like the earlier zones?
2. Is it possible that I could help translate/grammar check the dialogue in Advanced?
3. Could you ask ZXC about that offer I mentioned earlier about offering to translate/grammar check MV as well?

Last edited:

imp16k4

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2018
I wasn't explicitly saying which one was better, I was just saying that until MV starts making new Zones, Advanced is ahead in amount of content, and that if Advanced backports stuff from MV once it starts making new zones, it will be a "choose your flavor" thing.

And also, can I request some things for LDA?
1. Can we get a asset conversion (sprites, art.etc) to be more in line with MV in things like the earlier zones?
2. Is it possible that I could help translate/grammar check the dialogue in Advanced?
3. Could you ask ZXC about that offer I mentioned earlier about offering to translate/grammar check MV as well?
1. Probably not since the earlier zones already have a bunch of those and the MV ones are almost used in the crystal dungeons
2. Yes. Join the discord for easier conversation
3. Same as 2

Malos323

Apr 21, 2018
1. Probably not since the earlier zones already have a bunch of those and the MV ones are almost used in the crystal dungeons
2. Yes. Join the discord for easier conversation
3. Same as 2
I started a private conversation to continue this conversation in relation to the discord.

wildshot

May 28, 2020
I played the game all day long and visually it's amazing , but the game mechanics are not very good, I mean you could rush the game very easy, you just need to lose with any mob, give sacrifices to the boss (there are a lot of them on the room where you wake up) and then you'll have the three skins and sorry I have to say it, but those, but I did all 12 transformations today and I nutted like a crazy man, I'm dry now, maybe I need to erase the game for a while.
The final demon transformation is bugged because it shows the final bee transformation instead and that last sequence you can do it over and over again, but not with other final transformations.

Malos323

Apr 21, 2018
I played the game all day long and visually it's amazing , but the game mechanics are not very good, I mean you could rush the game very easy, you just need to lose with any mob, give sacrifices to the boss (there are a lot of them on the room where you wake up) and then you'll have the three skins and sorry I have to say it, but those, but I did all 12 transformations today and I nutted like a crazy man, I'm dry now, maybe I need to erase the game for a while.
The final demon transformation is bugged because it shows the final bee transformation instead and that last sequence you can do it over and over again, but not with other final transformations.
Well, it is a WIP, and again, like
imp16k4
said, Remake/MV from ZXC is moreso a showcase of the art, while Advanced is taking that art, and making a more fully fledged game based on it.

Reactions: wildshot

wildshot

May 28, 2020
Well, it is a WIP, and again, like
imp16k4
said, Remake/MV from ZXC is moreso a showcase of the art, while Advanced is taking that art, and making a more fully fledged game based on it.
Oh yes, I forgot that, I noticed it because of the extreme powerful abilities, but I was so fixed with the "suits/skins/transformation" that I was advancing and advancing and I forgot that it was a WIP, I'll check Advanced in the future, now I need a rest.

Malos323

Apr 21, 2018
Oh yes, I forgot that, I noticed it because of the extreme powerful abilities, but I was so fixed with the "suits/skins/transformation" that I was advancing and advancing and I forgot that it was a WIP, I'll check Advanced in the future, now I need a rest.
A note about Advanced, like I mentioned earlier, it is built off of RPGM ACE IV iirc, so it's graphical features aren't quite as high as the Remake/MV version.

In trade, it does have a more fleshed out combat curve, and more content due to ZXC having remaking the game from scratch when starting MV. And Advanced having time to build and iterate on the old version of the game.

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
Hi all, I’ve read through the recent pages, by my confused brain is still confused about the game. What is the difference between the game uploaded here (I’m assuming this is the remake) and the “Final version latex Dungeon VXA” in ZXC’s subscribestar? Difference between Advanced version and VXA in subscribestar?
Should I download the game here or off of subscribestar? I can’t tell which is the latest.

And to simplify, Remake/MV focuses on animation, and Advanced is more on content? Which do you all recommend I play first in order to get a more “complete” game with all the suits and transformations? (I lean more towards transformations over scenes, especially ones that you can control, walk around, and battle with similar to Cursed Armor)
Well from the looks of it, it seems I answered my own question in that I should play Advanced first.

Thanks

nov2long

Sep 9, 2020
Since there is a bug with the demon 3rd form displaying the bee 3rd form, does anyone know the location or code responsible for the overworld Raven image on the right of the screen? Then maybe we can rename it, delete it, add more images, etc. to fix it.

But then, this folder clearly shows Demon 3 Raven, so idk what's gong on.
RavenDemon3.PNG

petardo8

Apr 10, 2019
Since there is a bug with the demon 3rd form displaying the bee 3rd form, does anyone know the location or code responsible for the overworld Raven image on the right of the screen? Then maybe we can rename it, delete it, add more images, etc. to fix it.

But then, this folder clearly shows Demon 3 Raven, so idk what's gong on.
View attachment 840966
probably just a problem on the programming side, most likely due copy paste or something like that. (I am unfamiliar with rpg maker though)

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes