patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Hi, probably I should ask this question in another thread on this forum, but I have no idea where that should be, so ...

Problem is that when I run this game, which I really really like very very much, on my laptop, the laptop crashes. This only happens with RPGM games.
Because LLS is actually the only 'RPGM' game I want to play, I've tried it with 1 other (LoTV), same effect... The game starts up well, I can play for like 10 minutes, and then, boom, laptop just shuts down, so no 'blue screen' of wathever warning ...
It's a Dell laptop, with Intel Core I7 processor,8 Gb RAM, windows 10, and on board (simple) graphics chip.

Anybody any idea why that happens, or what I can do about it ?

Grtz

Reactions: Dark Anu

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Hi, probably I should ask this question in another thread on this forum, but I have no idea where that should be, so ...

Problem is that when I run this game, which I really really like very very much, on my laptop, the laptop crashes. This only happens with RPGM games.
Because LLS is actually the only 'RPGM' game I want to play, I've tried it with 1 other (LoTV), same effect... The game starts up well, I can play for like 10 minutes, and then, boom, laptop just shuts down, so no 'blue screen' of wathever warning ...
It's a Dell laptop, with Intel Core I7 processor,8 Gb RAM, windows 10, and on board (simple) graphics chip.

Grtz
I play on Mac and I have problem when game crashes from time to time, I just start again and again till everything fine, maybe Dark Anu may help you, I will ask him.

Reactions: Dark Anu

Dark Anu

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

Grtz
Try to change your virtual memory in windows, right click on windows -> system -> Advanced system settings -> Click the Advanced tab -> Under the "Performance" section, click the Settings button -> Click the Advanced tab -> Under the "Virtual memory" section, click the Change button -> uncheck the Automatically manage paging files size for all drives option -> Select the Custom size option -> Specify the initial and maximum size.
Use a number that's one and a half times the total available memory for the "Initial size" and three times of available memory for the "Maximum size" when possible.

I hope it help you and if you need anything just let me know!

Reactions: patrickB

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Hello guys,
This update is giving me a big headache but I'm managing to fix all the problems so far. The game is getting bigger and bigger (you already realized that of course) for this reason I'm trying to finish the first part of the game to start the second part of Laura from 2023 but the problem is that the first part still has a lot of scenes, with several characters. I will do what I can to make this happen.
Update Progress:
Scenes created = 100%
Rendered = 73%
Photoshop = 25%
Programmed = 10%
Translated = 0%
thanks for your support,
D.A

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Try to change your virtual memory in windows, right click on windows -> system -> Advanced system settings -> Click the Advanced tab -> Under the "Performance" section, click the Settings button -> Click the Advanced tab -> Under the "Virtual memory" section, click the Change button -> uncheck the Automatically manage paging files size for all drives option -> Select the Custom size option -> Specify the initial and maximum size.
Use a number that's one and a half times the total available memory for the "Initial size" and three times of available memory for the "Maximum size" when possible.

I hope it help you and if you need anything just let me know!
Hi, this worked out fine, thank you very much !
Now I can really enjoy playing Laura :love:
Awesome latest update by the way (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Obranyi

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Hi, this worked out fine, thank you very much !
Now I can really enjoy playing Laura :love:
Awesome latest update by the way (y)
That for really good developer is- connection with audience, because he is busy and not very often here I try my best to help him, I wrote about your problem and then he replied to you, glad it helped:giggle:

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes