VN Ren'Py Law School [Ep.1] [MisterMaya]

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
I have a weird view on harems I think. I hate them yet I do play them from time to time just to change things up or if im bored. If a harem game manages to suck me in with decent characters and decent character development or story. it's easy for me to forget about the harem aspect at least if it isn't mentioned all that much. I do still perfer manwhore simulators over harems even if that usually comes across as cheating to me makes more sense then everyone being in the know and sharing for no god damn reason. But a manwhore game just like a harem better suck me in with decent characters and decent character development or story so I don't care or forget all about the cheating part of it. So basically if I see at something I like I can suck it up and just play but that's cause unlike you I don't really ever think about it unless it's mentioned. I think to many years of playing other video games I find it easy to shut my brain off and not think about things to much and just have fun and accept the game for what it is.

Well except cheating that's the one thing I always question myself with in these games will this choice mean im cheating as I hate the feeling that im cheating unless I do it on purpose for the sake of content. Especially if I have not decide don a path yet and in the getting to know them phase , I dont want a choice lead to something I could consider cheating.
i respect that opinion brother but for me and I want to make it very clear

I may hate cheating and harems and manwhore

I do not care what the game has as long as it's optional enjoy whatever you want and I mean no disrespect to anyone

who enjoys those things I'm happy for you

but if I'm playing a monogamy route

I don't want the Harem mentioned

every goddamn second may be mentioned it once

and if the MC says he's not interested in being with multiple girls at once

don't bring it up again

but I don't know we still have to know

how everything will be implemented

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

I do not care what the game has as long as it's optional enjoy whatever you want and I mean no disrespect to anyone

don't bring it up again

I agree with this so much im mainly a monogamy route player that does venture out to the dark side once in awhile. But I do hate it when it's mentioned or LI don't get a hint. Especially when they dont get the hint when I reject them as it makes playing a monogamy route feel worst to me. Unless I hate the LI I have no issue turning them down over and over but if it's someone I like I don't want to constantly make them feel bad for denying them.

Sep 3, 2020
I agree with this so much im mainly a monogamy route player that does venture out to the dark side once in awhile. But I do hate it when it's mentioned or LI don't get a hint. Especially when they dont get the hint when I reject them as it makes playing a monogamy route feel worst to me. Unless I hate the LI I have no issue turning them down over and over but if it's someone I like I don't want to constantly make them feel bad for denying them.
200w.gif

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Hmm I don't know if I want to continue playing this now if it's going to have a harem.
It sort of makes choices pointless to me because you can just have every girl.

don't bring it up again

I like monogamy games, I also like harem (as long as I can choose who to add). I probably lean more towards monogamy games because they usually have better stories.

For me it call comes down to choices and optional. As long as it is avoidable, I don't care about anything really. And that's where the Dev comes in. If they are good with their dialogue pathing then everything is fine. How many times have you played and turned a girl down and then act and talk like you're together (that is so annoying, made me quit a few). Or don't partake of a particular fetish, but the story continues like you did.

Unless I misunderstood the intro, it will be impossible to be full harem anyway. So, I believe we are only talking about thruples or fourples anyway. I have faith that MisterMaya knows what he is doing, with the stats stuff, he is going to have to create multiple paths and variables anyway. This really has more of a solo route feel to it than a harem, and fingers crossed, we will not have to deal with the issues you guys have raised. I'm confident that I (at least) am not going to be disappointed.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
I like monogamy games, I also like harem (as long as I can choose who to add). I probably lean more towards monogamy games because they usually have better stories.

For me it call comes down to choices and optional. As long as it is avoidable, I don't care about anything really. And that's where the Dev comes in. If they are good with their dialogue pathing then everything is fine. How many times have you played and turned a girl down and then act and talk like you're together (that is so annoying, made me quit a few). Or don't partake of a particular fetish, but the story continues like you did.

Unless I misunderstood the intro, it will be impossible to be full harem anyway. So, I believe we are only talking about thruples or fourples anyway. I have faith that MisterMaya knows what he is doing, with the stats stuff, he is going to have to create multiple paths and variables anyway. This really has more of a solo route feel to it than a harem, and fingers crossed, we will not have to deal with the issues you guys have raised. I'm confident that I (at least) am not going to be disappointed.
hmm, come to think of it, the predecessor also had some sort of harem route. At certain points you had to choose one or the other, but you could still be "best friends" with everyone. But somehow it fit the story. Let's see how he solves it here.

Reactions: Milton749

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021

don't bring it up again

Only thing i detest about AVN-Harems.
Majority of Dev's get them incorrect.
Those whom are with actual Multi Life Partners.

Are Loyal to them, not Man-whores/Sluts/Slaves.
Differs greatly from the actual definition of Harem.
Douche bag mode won't make up the difference either,

yeetermcgee123

Sep 13, 2022
Why does the Mac version need access to desktop files to open?

And is there plans to add mac version to steam for Entrepreneur + this game

Reactions: akzz223

Moryaka26

Aug 28, 2019
Law School - Episode 1 Post release thoughts + What's to come

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to thank you for the warm welcome that Law School - Episode 1 received.

It's always stressful to release an episode, but the feedback has been fantastic and extremely rewarding. I took a whole nine days off from the release date to yesterday, working maybe three or four hours in total. It felt really good, and I hadn't done that in ages.
Now, I feel relaxed and ready to tackle the second episode of Law School. I'll be resuming my weekly progress updates on Patreon to keep you informed about our progress. So far, I've only spent a few hours mapping out the second episode, and today I'm diving back into 3D work and scene creation. It feels a bit like returning to work after a holiday, but I feel recharged and excited.
Mapping the second episode made me realize that we're finally delving deeper into some characters' stories, which I'm thrilled about. I'm proud of the stories I've created for each of them, and I can't wait to share more with you.
Anyway, I won't keep this too long. I just wanted to thank you all again and let you know that I'm back to work. See you soon!
Best,

MisterMaya

Sep 3, 2020
Law School - Episode 1 Post release thoughts + What's to come

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to thank you for the warm welcome that Law School - Episode 1 received.

It's always stressful to release an episode, but the feedback has been fantastic and extremely rewarding. I took a whole nine days off from the release date to yesterday, working maybe three or four hours in total. It felt really good, and I hadn't done that in ages.
Now, I feel relaxed and ready to tackle the second episode of Law School. I'll be resuming my weekly progress updates on Patreon to keep you informed about our progress. So far, I've only spent a few hours mapping out the second episode, and today I'm diving back into 3D work and scene creation. It feels a bit like returning to work after a holiday, but I feel recharged and excited.
Mapping the second episode made me realize that we're finally delving deeper into some characters' stories, which I'm thrilled about. I'm proud of the stories I've created for each of them, and I can't wait to share more with you.
Anyway, I won't keep this too long. I just wanted to thank you all again and let you know that I'm back to work. See you soon!
Best,

MisterMaya
I can't take it anymore please

somebody tell me when the game is going to be here

I thought it would be here by now trust me if I had money I would by it
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sep 3, 2020
dev is nice and the game itself is amazing if that wasn't the case i would leak it myself but because of that i feel like the dev deserves every penny

it could be possible that other people also feel this way
don't get me wrong brother I understand that and I agree with them

he is an absolutely amazing developer and a great person

it's just that I'm poor and I have no money so if it doesn't get leaked I can't play it

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
dev is nice and the game itself is amazing if that wasn't the case i would leak it myself but because of that i feel like the dev deserves every penny

it could be possible that other people also feel this way
Yeah, I get it, if I paid for it myself, I probably wouldn't leak it either. Having said that, I don't necessarily think leaking a game here is a bad thing for the dev, especially this late. It's probably the best place to advertise a game and get some discussions going about it. The more discussion there is around it, the more people will try it and will subscribe.

Reactions: Wazzatheboss
4.10 star(s) 18 Votes