VN Ren'Py Abandoned Le Desir [v0.2] [Wild Candy Production]

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes

McFarlane42

Dec 9, 2017
So ... I checked all of the Windows links and all of them when unzipped only provide the 'game' folder, nothing else. No .exe, no other files or folders.

Wild Candy Prroduction

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Hi guys, I haven't contacted you in a long time. I wanted to inform you that I had a lot of private things to do, changed my job and visited family abroad, which took a lot of time. Big news is that I will continue my game in the Unreal Engine and make it a "real" game. With lots of interactions, inventory, options for character customization, making money, spending money, quests ... It will take some TIME but it will pay off ... I will of course keep you informed about the progress on a regular basis. Feel free to write me what you think of it ... Best regards to the community

XoXmmahmm

Sep 25, 2017
W
Hi guys, I haven't contacted you in a long time. I wanted to inform you that I had a lot of private things to do, changed my job and visited family abroad, which took a lot of time. Big news is that I will continue my game in the Unreal Engine and make it a "real" game. With lots of interactions, inventory, options for character customization, making money, spending money, quests ... It will take some TIME but it will pay off ... I will of course keep you informed about the progress on a regular basis. Feel free to write me what you think of it ... Best regards to the community
Wait is that mean you gonna abandon this game?

Jimbog

Feb 27, 2018
Your patreon feedback is probably most important, but I use a Mac and Unreal doesn't work, Ren'Py works great and lots of people like Ren'Py. Mac is only 15 % of users but I don't know any business that would turn away a potential 15% of their customers. Good luck with your project though, it sounds like you want to go full bore with a management style game and you want an engine that does that best.

Reactions: dregon87

dregon87

May 6, 2019
Maybe you shouldn't transfer the game to UE, my personal opinion is that I did not last more than 10 minutes in the game on UE or Unity, not a pleasant scene change + often they are all point-click, which takes time,
these engines are simply not created for erotic visual novels, and in general it seems to me that your game is perfect in renpy, why try to insert gameplay into it, which nobody needs on this site. I personally need an interesting plot, good renders and the ability to choose which affects the character, I don't need inventory, interactions and grind, it's not for nothing that there are so few games on these engines and even fewer games with FMC.
You started so well your game immediately interested me and I look forward to updates, it is good the way it is now and the transition to UE is unlikely to make it better, or maybe worse.

Why am I writing all this? because I'm afraid of losing an interesting game for me and so many games that I liked have lost my interest due to similar decisions of the developers.
P.S
But this is just my personal opinion, and I am not even a patreon subscriber to have at least some right to vote.

PPS
+ most of the players have their hands too busy for gameplay;)

I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
It's clearly your choice to make the move to Unreal, but it'll be a bad decision. The numbers speak for themselves.
Sort the games on this site by User Rating, and you'll find that of the top 60 games, 39 (65%) are RenPy, followed by RPGM and Unity. There's not a single Unreal Engine game, and I think it's for a reason.
People play erotic visual novels to fap. The story is critical, along with renders. That's it. They want to be able to tap on the screen quickly to skim through the dialogue and come to the fap-worthy stuff. Your game has such great renders and a phenomenal plot that could make it one of the top Female MC games on this forum.
A switch to any other engine will ruin it.
I am kind of shattered. I was really excited for this one

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
It's clearly your choice to make the move to Unreal, but it'll be a bad decision. The numbers speak for themselves.
Sort the games on this site by User Rating, and you'll find that of the top 60 games, 39 (65%) are RenPy, followed by RPGM and Unity. There's not a single Unreal Engine game, and I think it's for a reason.
People play erotic visual novels to fap. The story is critical, along with renders. That's it. They want to be able to tap on the screen quickly to skim through the dialogue and come to the fap-worthy stuff. Your game has such great renders and a phenomenal plot that could make it one of the top Female MC games on this forum.
A switch to any other engine but Renpy will ruin it.
I am kind of shattered. I was reall
I think he looked at a top patreon for VNs and saw that the VN with most patreons or better said that earns a lot of money is in Unreal engine..

Wild Candy Prroduction

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
Since I have received a lot of messages about why I want to make the change, some are in favor and also very many against ... So I want to tell you that it has now made me unsure whether I should dare to take the step. My idea was that I could play around a lot in the engine and introduce realistic elements into the game. I've read in many posts that people in adult games want a lot more realism. I wanted to introduce a management system, mini-games that you can control Antonia and her life properly. There is nothing easier for me than doing the renders and introducing them to Renpy. Unreal would be a challenge that I'm looking for somewhere, so it's not about making it easier for me, I actually wanted to offer you, the community, more gameplay. You are a great community, some people here have helped me a lot and gave me good tips, I am very grateful to you for that and it is also a reason that I inform you about what is going through my head ...

4.40 star(s) 9 Votes