RPGM Abandoned League of Corruption [v0.3.0b] [Yeehaw Games]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Maragdus

Jul 1, 2017

Your game is great and the story and art are very good but i think your marketing suks and that's the reason for your low level of support i have been a member here for around a year now and i discovered your game yesterday by pure chance i think you should ask to make you fan signatures for the game you should also be active on other threads in the forum and promote your game on other game forums and 4chan.And ask your current patrons and fans do the same also make your patreon to be per major update.Your game doesn't have incest(which is one of the biggest fetishes at the moment) but you should still be making at least 1000$ if not 1500$ per update by naw with your current content and quality.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017

Your game is great and the story and art are very good but i think your marketing suks and that's the reason for your low level of support i have been a member here for around a year now and i discovered your game yesterday by pure chance i think you should ask to make you fan signatures for the game you should also be active on other threads in the forum and promote your game on other game forums and 4chan.And ask your current patrons and fans do the same also make your patreon to be per major update.Your game doesn't have incest(which is one of the biggest fetishes at the moment) but you should still be making at least 1000$ if not 1500$ per update by naw with your current content and quality.
Thanks for your thoughts.

From the first month, I've maintained and updated 13 forums, Itch, Gamejolt and 2 monthly Reddit posts. There are some torrents with LoC's public versions but I doubt they mean much. 4chan received LoC as a standard shitty weg.

I've seen from 8k to 11k views on Patreon's big posts like new version release. Thought it was decent. Guess not. My goal was 500$ for half a year of the development experiment, not that much especially if you take in account that some devs do this in the first month.

In theory, your idea about signatures could potentially help a bit but it's too late for this now.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Damn - really liked this a lot...too bad. Is it done or can I still promote this on a few sites?

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Thanks for your thoughts.

From the first month, I've maintained and updated 13 forums, Itch, Gamejolt and 2 monthly Reddit posts. There are some torrents with LoC's public versions but I doubt they mean much. 4chan received LoC as a standard shitty weg.

I've seen from 8k to 11k views on Patreon's big posts like new version release. Thought it was decent. Guess not. My goal was 500$ for half a year of the development experiment, not that much especially if you take in account that some devs do this in the first month.

In theory, your idea about signatures could potentially help a bit but it's too late for this now.
You have a great game (despite using RPGMaker) but the moment I saw "Patrons have early access to all released content, plus they have a number of unique rewards which will never go public. These rewards include: hi-res sex scene art + extras, special variations of H scenes, special previews, polls and all the bonus goodies I will come up with during the development." I decided not to support you on principle alone. I don't mind having extras as a patron but locking all of them away forever is against my principles.
Your patreon page on the other hand is quite open (almost no patreon only posts) so you might consider adding a few more screenshots of the game and maybe a gameplay video (don't try to make it yourself ask the users - maybe offer a reward and/or make it a contest), fan signatures & avatars for the patrons first and then all users is also a good idea and you might consider making a few drawing patreon only streams with recordings that will go public at a later date (possibly start with a few public ones to draw more patreons or make them all public) ... In essence try to involve your users with the project and try asking them and a few of the longtime/big-name devs to try your game and recommend it if they like it (don't forget to link back to them when they do). Also try with , , and any other site that you think might be interested and write a review for the game.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Damn - really liked this a lot...too bad. Is it done or can I still promote this on a few sites?
LoC is on hold for an undefined period of time, you can get more details about this . As for the promoting... I guess you are welcome to try yet shrinking pool of patrons hints that people aren't interested in paused projects.

You have a great game (despite using RPGMaker) but the moment I saw "Patrons have early access to all released content, plus they have a number of unique rewards which will never go public. These rewards include: hi-res sex scene art + extras, special variations of H scenes, special previews, polls and all the bonus goodies I will come up with during the development." I decided not to support you on principle alone. I don't mind having extras as a patron but locking all of them away forever is against my principles.
Your patreon page on the other hand is quite open (almost no patreon only posts) so you might consider adding a few more screenshots of the game and maybe a gameplay video (don't try to make it yourself ask the users - maybe offer a reward and/or make it a contest), fan signatures & avatars for the patrons first and then all users is also a good idea and you might consider making a few drawing patreon only streams with recordings that will go public at a later date (possibly start with a few public ones to draw more patreons or make them all public) ... In essence try to involve your users with the project and try asking them and a few of the longtime/big-name devs to try your game and recommend it if they like it (don't forget to link back to them when they do). Also try with , , and any other site that you think might be interested and write a review for the game.
This is my first Patreon and maybe I did some mistakes. But looking through other creators revealed such "segmented" and "patrons-only" rewards. Guess it wasn't okay for me.

Thanks for the ideas, I will try them if LoC will be active again. News sites are interested in successful projects, not outsiders. Ledgamer made a review, yes. About 80% of it was copy-paste from LoC's main post where I talk about features and goals. Moegamer is not interested and Kotaku is in the entirely different league.

Reactions: gue5t

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
How to solve the riddles in monastery?
It's based on flip-flop logic. You need to paint all puzzle squares into golden color, then you'll hear a click - the box is open now. If you step on the puzzle piece it will change its color to the opposite. So do all of the adjusted pieces on horizontal and vertical. Manipulate this logic to turn all squares golden.

The easy difficulty has 4 squares and normal has 16. You can change the difficulty from the game's options menu and it immediately takes effect.

Reactions: wanlee

wanlee

Apr 27, 2017
thank, and i have one more question. i unlocked 11/12 scenes, Ashe 1-4, Nidalee 1-3, Ahri 1-3 and starting scene, what did i miss?

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
thank, and i have one more question. i unlocked 11/12 scenes, Ashe 1-4, Nidalee 1-3, Ahri 1-3 and starting scene, what did i miss?
Ahri x Nidalee scene. You can get it on the second floor of your keep after getting Ahri and giving the second shard of power to the orb/spirit. It's missable if you didn't have enough corruption or decided not to use domination magic.

Reactions: wanlee

Jowyy

Donor
Oct 14, 2017
When i was playing your game i feel like i was playing Suikoden or other great rpg . And thats is a problem because this is a hentai game . If you want to do a rpg focused in battles then you must reward the player with visual content , like clothes destruction and H attacks animations . But the problem here is the MC is male and that is lees appealing than a female MC . I would recommend you to play Ariadne and Virgin magic protection . And forgive me for my bad english .

Last edited:

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
When i was playing your game i feel like i was playing Suikoden or other great rpg . And thats is a problem because this is a hentai game . If you want to do a rpg focused in battles then you must reward the player with visual content , like clothes destruction and H attacks animations . But the problem here is the MC is male and that is lees appealing than a female MC . I would recommend you to play Ariadne and Virgin magic protection . And forgive me for my bad english .
An interesting thought. While drafting out the plot I tried to balance gameplay and H-art/scenes. Guess I failed.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017

Status update

Hello, guys! I have both new and bad news for you. Let’s start with the later. After dealing with all the piled up real life issues, I drafted fixes for League of Corruption. My conclusion is - LoC has to wait. Mainly because of these three reasons:

1) The usual artist is no longer available. Thus, I need to find a replacement with a similar style and adequate prices. Still, the art would be not the same so this would introduce new problems.

2) Lack of a specific understanding which game elements need fixing and how to fix them. I wasted a lot of time figuring out potential issues and ways to change them. I ended up with a list of such ideas and went researching successful Patreon projects to compare my thoughts and the reality. Well, this made my confusion even greater. My "bad" decisions are working out in other games so my whole list became irrelevant.

3) General viability. I’ve spent a lot of time going through real-life problems accumulated during LoC development, then had a few free evenings to think it through. This moment forced me to understand how much time and effort I wasted on LoC. Compared to a few quiet evenings, one-man development experience from League of Corruption seems like hell.

What now? Am I done? No. While LoC needs to sit on the shelf for some time, I want to try another game project. This time it’s an original story with anime graphics and less time-heavy features. Here are some more sketches from the preparation stage.

Patrons can check an uncensored version of the body sketch .

Why the new project? I want to improve my design/development skills on a relatively small number of features and use this experience to give LoC another whirl. This way I can focus on improving existing features and better balance development with real life. After finishing the new game, we’ll see how it will turn out and decide what to do next via poll.

What will this new project be? You can think of it as a less convoluted and more H-content oriented game. More details will appear before the launch. No exact release date for now. I’m still working out details with the artist and have a bunch of tech problems to go through.

I also plan to change several goals and patron tiers to better suit the new project. Small stuff like the main page needs adjusting too. Anyway, it will be a gradual process and I’ll post at least one more status update before releasing the demo. Then Patreon page will switch to the usual “per month” cycle.

League of Corruption download links will stay up. I will check the email for your bug/problem notifications and fix them. But LoC won’t have content updates until the new project is over.

supah

Aug 13, 2017
Are you supposed to be able to change the 2 musical pipes on the left as well? Because I can't adjust those and seem to be unable to progress

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Are you supposed to be able to change the 2 musical pipes on the left as well? Because I can't adjust those and seem to be unable to progress
The musical puzzle is completely optional. You need to change 3 pipes for easy difficulty and 5 for medium. The main post of this topic has the solution for it.

Unfortunate that it's come to this as I personally thought the game had some pretty nice potential as parody games of LoL that are as interesting as this one are hard to come by(besides Noxian Nights), but it's understandable. Being basically a one-man dev team ain't easy. I'll keep one eye open for LoC updates to come one day(hopefully). But hey at least you gave us this news straight up instead of just staying in the dark. Don't get that a lot these days.
LoC's fate depends on the current project. From my experience, F95 is the biggest source of feedback and general interest for LoC. So, after releasing the demo build for the Patreon, I will make a thread here. Hope to see you there.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
LoC's fate depends on the current project. From my experience, F95 is the biggest source of feedback and general interest for LoC. So, after releasing the demo build for the Patreon, I will make a thread here. Hope to see you there.
So...are you saying that if the f95zone's community eviscerates your new project...you'll go back to working on LoC...?

giphy.gif

:closedtongue:

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes