RPGM Abandoned League of Corruption [v0.3.0b] [Yeehaw Games]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
1.gif

Hello guys! 0.2.0 brings the regular content update but also one of the biggest features in League of Corruption so far – animated scenes but let’s start with usual numbers:

8 scenes with 57 images -> 9 scenes with 59 drawn images, 1 scene is animated

12.5k words -> 18.1k words without counting PoV variations

17 custom soundtracks -> 21 custom soundtracks

15 quests -> 18 quest lines

2+ hours for full clear -> 3 hours for full clear

You can get the fresh version . The full changelog for 0.2.0:

Art & Map update status

LoC gets a graphical update for Ashe’s first and second scenes, Nidalee’s first scene, starting “demo” scene and Ahri x Nidalee group scene. All mentioned scenes received an update to their HD variations in the art pack. I plan to finalize graphical rework in January.

Townsville’s pub and starting house got their parallax updates and look better know. I plan to increase the time for map reworking in the next update.

Scenes

One new animated scene for Nidalee with three animation actions. Yes, just one for this update. Producing an animated scene for the first time proved to be a rather difficult task and I need to optimize internal processes a lot.

I managed to convince RPG Maker to play full-scale animations will a lot of pre-caching and step-by-step loading. This gives a fluid motion at a cost of a text appear rate slowdown during a small caching window before playing animations. Consulted with two coder guys and as far as they can tell – this is the best RPG Maker can do in playing 720p animations without a plugin with JSON or frame packing support. Also, I will try to reduce new release’s weight after new animation plugins will arrive for MV.

There will be more details and info about this in the upcoming development plans for January, I’ll just say that my goal is to fix the stutter and make it back to 2+ scenes per update as soon as tools and experience with animation will allow it.

Switchable PoV for sex scenes

I received a lot of feedback from players who prefer a different PoV for scenes over LoC’s default 1st PoV. This feature allows you to pick your favorite out of three options: 1st as in “I did this.”, 2nd as in “You did this.” and 3rd as in “He did this.” All scenes and their album variations received minor adjustments and full support for this feature.

League of Corruption will ask you about your favorite style during the starting stage in the house. Also, players can change it in the castle (sparkling nightstand) or in the album on the second floor. You can switch PoV as many times as you please, the game will adapt to your choices. Old saves are fully compatible with this change - LoC defaults to 1st PoV if no option is selected explicitly at the moment.

Map variation feature

All of the maps which players visit several times during their playthroughs received variation updates. Now, these maps have a number of elements which will appear and disappear based on random counters and some of the player’s actions. This includes decorations, NPCs and animals/insects. You can check out the change in a relatively small map like an inn or pub where you can see most of not the entire map at once.

The goal of the variation update is to make LoC’s map less static and improve player’s experience. I don’t plan to tie quests to such “dynamic” NPCs. It’s silly. All of the changeable surroundings don’t affect the gameplay directly and serve as additional decorations.

Interface changes

Added shutdown button for both title and game menus. No more Alt+F4 or clicking on the window to quit.

I rewritten the album feature – checking the progress won’t force you to exit from the album and properly return you back to the choice options. Switching PoV in the album still requires an exit so RPG Maker can adapt to new options. Can’t find a way to circumvent this for now.

Still waiting for RPG Maker’s support to answer my ticket (3rd week counting at the moment) and hope to give you an answer about Linux execution issues in the development plans for January. Can’t guarantee anything though because it doesn’t depend on me directly – just a small heads-up.

Skill/Balance changes

Lowered the overall difficulty slightly by subtracting a bit of attack power from enemies. This is a temporary measure in response to feedback about LoC being too difficult to play. It’s not a permanent change just a quick fix before rolling out difficulty game setting feature with more tuning. More on this in the upcoming development plans for January.

Bug fixes

RPG Maker got a little wonky with all the parallaxing going on and decided that you don’t need to talk with NPCs over small obstacles like tables or counters. I convinced it otherwise. All NPCs in all parallax maps now can be accessed with a small obstacle between the player and NPC.

Fixed a bug with the main menu’s track switching back to its original volume level which was higher than average for the game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Townsville’s pub map now properly plays a different soundtrack from the rest of the village.

Added several passable blocks on parallax maps for better navigation.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
As I mentioned before in , League of Corruption now has its Discord server with full Patreon integration.

Reactions: Zhalt

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Hey guys! It’s time to transfer 0.2.0 to public access. You can check full patch notes and get the fresh version from one of these links:

Windows – |

MacOS – |

Linux – |

If you have problems running LoC on x86 Linux platforms, please check out .

Next version’s release (0.2.5) is scheduled to arrive for patrons February 7th.

dankman

Dec 8, 2017
I cant save the game in my Mac.
Everytime in click on save I get a weird sound but there is no savegame. Also if i go to options and then press escape to return, the game crashes.
Others than that the game works fine.
Any ideas?

Dassemultor

May 26, 2017
Can someone give me the answer to the musical pipe puzzle. I have no musical hearing and can't get the 2 sides to match each other. :(

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I cant save the game in my Mac.
Everytime in click on save I get a weird sound but there is no savegame. Also if i go to options and then press escape to return, the game crashes.
Others than that the game works fine.
Any ideas?
This is disturbing to say at least, the problem doesn't appear on my test hardware but I'll try looking into it.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Wait what...? There's a Nidalee x Ahri scene? Totally missed that, how does one trigger it?
It's in the cutscene on the second floor of the castle after rescuing Ahri but it requires you to feed the shard of power to the spirit/globe of power to use domination magic.

Can someone give me the answer to the musical pipe puzzle. I have no musical hearing and can't get the 2 sides to match each other. :(
LoC gets difficulty settings in 0.2.5 and they will affect complex puzzles too. The zone you are trying to get into is optional so you can either wait for an easier version or use this solution:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dankman

Dec 8, 2017
This is disturbing to say at least, the problem doesn't appear on my test hardware but I'll try looking into it.
Thanks, dude! I really appreciate that.
Thats the error message, appearing when I leave the options menu, causing the game to crash.
I think it could have to do something with permissions not allowing the game to change any data.
Probably the same thing causing the save bug
Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-29 um 17.50.59.png

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
So not a league guy I am a HotS man but hey I can dig this so without further delay here is the F95 famous Infamy's list of questions for the Dev....

1. Any plans on having ANY of these bitches knocked up?

2. Will you try or plan on implementing any kinda game play like in actual League? Maybe have it a event where you fight on a 3 lane map and can choose a role? Might be a ton of work but would be kinda cool to see.

3. We gonna see any Vel'Koz on female action -Evil Grin-

4. How many champs are you planing on featuring or will it be the staple waifu champs like Ashe Ahri Kat Riven types? Any chance we will see the best waifu champ Kayle?

5. You gonna have the Equipment in the game that has the same name as in LoL? Like some swords called Nashor's Tooth Infinity Edge or The Bloodthirster stuff like that? Boots like Beserker Greaves or Boots of Mobility?

That is all for now might edit later for more game looks good dude will keep watching for updates.

Reactions: ponyguy

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks, dude! I really appreciate that.
Thats the error message, appearing when I leave the options menu, causing the game to crash.
I think it could have to do something with permissions not allowing the game to change any data.
Probably the same thing causing the save bug
View attachment 62685
Okay, tested the issue on friend's hardware and I think I found the cure. Try this:

1. Navigate inside the game folder to find Game.app

2. Choose "Get Info" from the context menu and scroll down to the Sharing and Permissions part.

3. Check that your active user (marked with (me) after the username) has Read and Write permission.

4. If it's not the case - set it yourself via the menu. After changing permissions click on the gear icon and choose the "Apply to enclosed items" option from the drop-down menu.

5. Now we are sure that your access rights are adequate and you are ready to add LoC to your applications. Do so by drag-and-droping the Game.app into your Applications directory (by default it's displayed on the left side of the Finder.) This will require Administrator access.

6. Run League of Corruption and get inside the options right from the main menu. Change something like a volume level and hit escape to check if the error is still present.

7. Start a new game and try to save your progress. The first opportunity to do so will be when the main character will get out from the cellar - just hold enter button to skip the dialogues. Check if you can save your progress and load afterward.

Based on your feedback I'll make a post on Patreon so all Mac users could look this up.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
So not a league guy I am a HotS man but hey I can dig this so without further delay here is the F95 famous Infamy's list of questions for the Dev....

1. Any plans on having ANY of these bitches knocked up?

2. Will you try or plan on implementing any kinda game play like in actual League? Maybe have it a event where you fight on a 3 lane map and can choose a role? Might be a ton of work but would be kinda cool to see.

3. We gonna see any Vel'Koz on female action -Evil Grin-

4. How many champs are you planing on featuring or will it be the staple waifu champs like Ashe Ahri Kat Riven types? Any chance we will see the best waifu champ Kayle?

5. You gonna have the Equipment in the game that has the same name as in LoL? Like some swords called Nashor's Tooth Infinity Edge or The Bloodthirster stuff like that? Boots like Beserker Greaves or Boots of Mobility?

That is all for now might edit later for more game looks good dude will keep watching for updates.
Glad you liked the game :)

1 - Yes, I'm planning to do some pregnancy features towards the end of the game. It will depend on player's choices and affect the endings.

2 - While the idea is very interesting the amount of work to do something like that will be overwhelming for me alone. The AI, internal logic for RPG Maker, reactions to player's actions, etc... It' would require to set aside all the other content. I'm planning to add more puzzles and minigames tho.

3 - Yes, I'm planning to do something like this. It will be an option towards the midgame section.

4 - We have the base three in your group, plus I'll add some guest champions during the playthrough. Such guest will not be able to fight alongside you but will bring perks and scenes based on your decisions. Also, I plan to make a standalone scenario for another 3 characters which will be decided by patrons after LoC will hit a certain milestone.

5 - Well, there is only one problem - possible copyright issues. But why not? I can use parody versions for items too.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes