RPGM League of Domination [v0.11 Dev] [ElatedOwl]

3.80 star(s) 26 Votes

manlock

Aug 13, 2018
How do I progress with Ahri? I can't progress Lux until I progress Ahri but I keep losing to Ahri and nothing new happens. I have spoken to her multiple times in the morning where she kisses me. I can't access her in the aft ot eve and at night she asks me to leave her be?

Lemurian

May 20, 2020
How do I progress with Ahri? I can't progress Lux until I progress Ahri but I keep losing to Ahri and nothing new happens. I have spoken to her multiple times in the morning where she kisses me. I can't access her in the aft ot eve and at night she asks me to leave her be?
Lux has a dialogue option where you can ask her for help. She then teaches you a spell which you have to use on Ahri before defeating her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: manlock

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Qiyana's initial Friday fight is completely borked for me (v0.5.1 Aspirant). I manage to win it "legit" through all the infuriating RNG, get a dedicated victory scene and the "you are pulled back" message as expected. But then on a still black screen it goes right back to the pre-fight meeting dialogue, and refusing to bow to her restarts the fight but only the combat UI comes up while the main scene remains blank (as does her health bar but the "Resolve" box works). Some of her moves seem to properly reset the scene visuals, strangely not the element swap but getting frozen did. Not gonna bother grinding out 2 back-to-back wins to see if anything changes.

Reactions: Zynthox

ElatedOwl

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2019
Qiyana's initial Friday fight is completely borked for me (v0.5.1 Aspirant). I manage to win it "legit" through all the infuriating RNG, get a dedicated victory scene and the "you are pulled back" message as expected. But then on a still black screen it goes right back to the pre-fight meeting dialogue, and refusing to bow to her restarts the fight but only the combat UI comes up while the main scene remains blank (as does her health bar but the "Resolve" box works). Some of her moves seem to properly reset the scene visuals, strangely not the element swap but getting frozen did. Not gonna bother grinding out 2 back-to-back wins to see if anything changes.
So you managed to beat her on the first encounter, without any cheats? If so, how?

She is beatable later, but it's intended the player will lose that first encounter.

myself79

Feb 4, 2018
after few many fights between Qiyana she wait you on outside of your tent when you action dialogue game frozen i think its bug!

Lemurian

May 20, 2020
So you managed to beat her on the first encounter, without any cheats? If so, how?

She is beatable later, but it's intended the player will lose that first encounter.
If you're lucky enough that she doesn't heal and doesn't freeze you she can be pretty easy to beat. Especially because you can just use magic or the decisive strike skill to hit her while she is in her shrouded grass form where she should be invincible

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018

Contrary to the other commenter I actually assumed the grass shroud was intended as physical negation and thus didn't even try Decisive Strike against it. Spark only does like 2-6dmg so that didn't matter to me.

The main point is that almost everything is RNG. Excessive, bullshit RNG stacked against you, but still RNG. With no hard fallbacks. As far as I'm aware she could spend the entire fight rotating between grass shroud, choking you break out of on the first try for minimal damage, and bragging/insulting you/making demands. I was lvl1 with the mining pickaxe from the cave, the health gem for 600 Resolve, Decisive Strike and the one healing potion you can loot in the Inn's upper floor. I also had around 200g or so to spare which might buy another potion or buffer for poorer performance in regards to round rewards.

Strategy wise there isn't much worth mentioning other than a bunch of resets, as you'd do with a difficult RNG-heavy boss in Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest too. Hope she spends a lot of time in grass or immediately broken air early on (high hp=better escape chance), or just taunting/insulting you where the debuffs tend to drop from all the grass stalling and element swapping anyway. Chug potions during grass or the first turn of choking if you have more than 1. Use Decisive Strike immediately unless you expect her to waste your following turns of boosted ATK (e.g. she just swapped to air and you're at <300 hp meaning you'll heal then break the choke next). She seems to be scripted to heal pretty reliably around 25-40% hp, a single heal is manageable with the above loadout but a second one is problematic and would require very favourable RNG to still win. Getting frozen tends to be game over as well as she can just spam it back-to-back with no repercussions, switching into rock with the boosted ATK at low health also hurts.

I must say if this battle is intended to be an inevitable forced defeat you went about it in the worst possible way. The heavy reliance on RNG means there is always hope for a winning streak, the attacks are too weak individually to give a sense of being completely outmatched, and at least fanning her even benefits the player as a combat action suggesting developer intent to actually engage with the fight rather than just surrender immediately or spam Wait. Contrast that with the first battle against Lux which starts out manageable, but then clearly transitions into "I was just holding back" and outright oneshots you.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Going trough a door takes too long, I know it takes a long time to load all the assets from an nvme ssd but still. I hope the technology gets there some day.

evanm

Nov 11, 2019
I can't progress with Qiyana scenes, i talk with the blacksmith and the other store, but i can't talk with her, someone has a save with the box already in the room?

Parrbapp

Dec 5, 2021
I can't progress with Qiyana scenes, i talk with the blacksmith and the other store, but i can't talk with her, someone has a save with the box already in the room?
Same for me. I played 30 days after the talk with the shopkeepers and the event with Qiyana just didn't show. Don't know why most players seem not to have this problem.

ElatedOwl

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2019
Contrary to the other commenter I actually assumed the grass shroud was intended as physical negation and thus didn't even try Decisive Strike against it. Spark only does like 2-6dmg so that didn't matter to me.

The main point is that almost everything is RNG. Excessive, bullshit RNG stacked against you, but still RNG. With no hard fallbacks. As far as I'm aware she could spend the entire fight rotating between grass shroud, choking you break out of on the first try for minimal damage, and bragging/insulting you/making demands. I was lvl1 with the mining pickaxe from the cave, the health gem for 600 Resolve, Decisive Strike and the one healing potion you can loot in the Inn's upper floor. I also had around 200g or so to spare which might buy another potion or buffer for poorer performance in regards to round rewards.

Strategy wise there isn't much worth mentioning other than a bunch of resets, as you'd do with a difficult RNG-heavy boss in Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest too. Hope she spends a lot of time in grass or immediately broken air early on (high hp=better escape chance), or just taunting/insulting you where the debuffs tend to drop from all the grass stalling and element swapping anyway. Chug potions during grass or the first turn of choking if you have more than 1. Use Decisive Strike immediately unless you expect her to waste your following turns of boosted ATK (e.g. she just swapped to air and you're at <300 hp meaning you'll heal then break the choke next). She seems to be scripted to heal pretty reliably around 25-40% hp, a single heal is manageable with the above loadout but a second one is problematic and would require very favourable RNG to still win. Getting frozen tends to be game over as well as she can just spam it back-to-back with no repercussions, switching into rock with the boosted ATK at low health also hurts.

I must say if this battle is intended to be an inevitable forced defeat you went about it in the worst possible way. The heavy reliance on RNG means there is always hope for a winning streak, the attacks are too weak individually to give a sense of being completely outmatched, and at least fanning her even benefits the player as a combat action suggesting developer intent to actually engage with the fight rather than just surrender immediately or spam Wait. Contrast that with the first battle against Lux which starts out manageable, but then clearly transitions into "I was just holding back" and outright oneshots you.
Good feedback, thank you!

You're welcome to comment on the other battles too if you'd like.

Reactions: colifa

Daggus

Jan 7, 2018
Whats with Lux, after answering the magic questions the first time and getting them all right, when I talk to her and click magic training, it just exits out of the conversation and nothing happens

Rocket-D-Throb

Nov 11, 2022
Did anyone else get stuck when Quiyana visits the tent? She found out about the hidden stash and told mc to visit her. Then she appears outside the tent and tells to follow, but the game bugs at the moment. Can't continue can't move on or avoid her.

• Hey there
Reactions: myself79

vjjack

Oct 2, 2022
Keep massaging her and the dialogue will end automatically.
Thanks for the answer, can I ask about Irelina route?
I max all progress on each character except Irelina,like some guys here I'm stuck on progression 7 perv 0
I assume it had connection with Ahri but can't find the breaktrough(I also 'forgot' to wash the boots)

For the bug I found:
-Lux got duplicated if you try to get the magic spell again
-Qiyana duplicated after renovate room(1 keep sleeping, 1 wandering)

3.80 star(s) 26 Votes