Butterflyfreer

Feb 15, 2020
Any tips or guides for a new player?
I'm sure there are some guides and tips in the 100 or so pages in this thread but I have a few of my own that might help.
  • Build the harem upgrade in both the city the king is in and the cities around it to max level. The king is really easy to deal with and only a problem for the first few years on the hardest difficulty when you are having money troubles.
  • Reduce the king's income whenever he is on low anger to manage his income demands.
  • Spying actions are OP. Need money? Steal some. Need to break a fortress? burn it or bomb it. Can be done with weak generals if needed. Spy actions can be chained together without end. Just be careful of the prison level and don't get too greedy.
  • If you want to level up a general have it defend against an attack (even if that general falls it gets levels when used in defence so long as you win overall). Attacking a fortress with a general will only get you level ups if they win or if they retreat. XP is based on killing enemy troops.
  • The stats on the general seem to have very little impact (as far as I can tell), the stats based on the troop type are the important ones. Speed tends to be very important and VIT is important.
  • Barracks and hospital upgrades are important but you don't need to max them out everywhere, try and have recruiting/healing hubs to save money.
  • Generals that are out scouting can't defend the fort but can be captured if the fort falls while they are out.
  • I found the cavalry type troops to be bad at everything except killing siege troops
  • I found siege troops to be completely useless except in defending (using them to get one shot off against short ranged troops and retreating)
  • Generals with no mana remaining are ineffective in combat (but can still be used on spy missions)
Hope that helps.

• Love
Reactions: Batman123XD

Batman123XD

May 21, 2023
I played this game today until the end of the prologue. I will guarantee you that there's no sex scenes in the prologue part. I was hoping there were but there really isn't.

Edit: The prologue in my view is from the very start until you start fighting the empire.

Last edited:

JohnHamm

Nov 2, 2017
I played this game today until the end of the prologue. I will guarantee you that there's no sex scenes in the prologue part. I was hoping there were but there really isn't.

Edit: The prologue in my view is from the very start until you start fighting the empire.
iirc there is only sex, and imo the game really gets going, when you start fighting the hippians

Apr 19, 2022

Technically the entire portion before the Hippians and the new king is the prologue

Batman123XD

May 21, 2023
Alright, I finished the game first time in Silver. I have to say that the game expanded widely from its previous game, even the story's pattern is stretched out.

(Spoilers)
Here are my tips:
- In the prologue, there's no ntr going to happen. Just enjoy the story.

- Tips on the prologue's civil war:
= At the start of the war, blitz through every empty enemy area as possible and never engage with the other two starting nations. Their generals are hard to beat so you need to go after the highland generals first. Do this until you get to the area before the Diamond City.
= Don't let Hawk battle. Waste of exp.
= After getting Highland's territories, you can now go after the two starting nations. They're still pretty hard so you need to cheese them by spy sabotaging. Nora and generals with high speed are best here.
= After getting all the starting nations' territories, you now have a good income and leveled-up generals.
= The blue crystal at the very top is a unique boss fight that starts if there are five generals in the area. I recommend not going there until the main chapter starts.

- Before going to the Diamond City (The Capital), I heard here in the forum that you need to have all three main heroines (Leane, Beatrice, and Cynthia) to be at Loyalty 100 to avoid them getting fucked by Baroque. How do you get them to 100 Loyalty? Give them items like Havemeal many times. Where to buy Havemeal items? I only found them at Castles Sebastian and Tower of Saints. I am sure there are more places to buy them.

- After the bridge defense before the end of the prologue, there'll be a scene and then a choice between thinking about your chosen heroine or just go straight to Baroque. The first choice saves you from ntr and the second gives you the ntr.

Tips in the Main chapter:
- After the prologue, starts the main story. I recommend expanding as much as possible and prioritizing saving Carla's brother, Isaac.

- Level up the starting heroines and many of your generals. Erwin is best boy.

- Abuse Spy mechanic aka Sabotage and Bomb

- You can earn these secret safe passages if you scout these places. Northern Barrier Castle, Port Will, Mountain Cave East, and Lakeside Town.

- Before taking the Fire Palace, you need to break all crystals in the map to not have a hard time marching your troops later on.

Tips in the Final Chapter:
- After taking the Fire Palace, you get the Baroque's betrayal scene. After this, the game shifts to you going to fight demons.

- There will now be two new two expansions. The castle and the east.

- Just plug the east with okay troops and max defense in Rex Waste.

- After destroying all the crystals, you can now have an easy battle with the last boss.

- After dominating all lost areas and killing all the demons. After taking the castle, you need to get all your 10 very strong generals in the demon castle.

- After the long battle, you win the game.

P.s. Correct me If I have something wrong or add something you know

Last edited:

An0nM4n

Dec 29, 2019
Give them items like Havemeal many times. Where to buy Havemeal items? I only found them at Castles Sebastian and Tower of Saints. I am sure there are more places to buy them.
About this part, different items give different amounts of loyalty. Havemeal gives one, but the FullCourse item gives 6 so if you have money to burn I would go for the FullCourse item instead.

- Before taking the Fire Palace, you need to break all crystals in the map to not have a hard time marching your troops later on.
If you want to be weird or in New Game+, there's no set order you have to do these Palaces in so you could fight it early even if it's by far the most difficult.

FirePalace grants access to some powerful items, such as the permanent class change item into Paladin and the PowerFruit item that raises a general's strength by 10. Other fruits can also be found in other locations though.

LeadershipFruit, which raises a general's permanent army count by 500 at the HermitCave.
SwiftFruit which raises a general's permanent speed stat by 10 at MiragePalace.
WisdomFruit which raises a general's permanent magic stat by 10 at DeadRuins

There's also a ManaFruit which raises a general's max mana by 50, though that caps at 999 regardless if you use it or not and I don't remember where that is.

The fruits are likely only going to be useful in New Game+ or on higher difficulties where you're in no rush as they are extremely expensive, but they can also be rarely obtained by scouting the locations where you buy them.

• Love

JohnHamm

Nov 2, 2017
imo one of the best changes that this game could've made is if all the captured heroines got moved further behind enemy lines. Maybe not all the way to the palace like the one girl, but just enough to make it actually urgent where you cant just use a spy to instantly free them

Setcheck64

Jun 1, 2019
imo one of the best changes that this game could've made is if all the captured heroines got moved further behind enemy lines. Maybe not all the way to the palace like the one girl, but just enough to make it actually urgent where you cant just use a spy to instantly free them
Higher difficulties don't just raise combat numbers. In Black difficulty they will quickly build to prison level 5 on any border zone and you can't just spy free them. In the Darker Than Black mod they not only can aggressively attack you, but siege equipment demolishes towers meaning just camping your units on the north sentinel tower is a very bad idea.

Reactions: The NTRtainer

JohnHamm

Nov 2, 2017
Higher difficulties don't just raise combat numbers. In Black difficulty they will quickly build to prison level 5 on any border zone and you can't just spy free them. In the Darker Than Black mod they not only can aggressively attack you, but siege equipment demolishes towers meaning just camping your units on the north sentinel tower is a very bad idea.
That's true, it did make it a lot more difficult when I used your (great) mod, but I still found that I could just sabotage the place or bomb it until the prison level fell low enough. The real issue I found was that to see the scenes of the girls with hippians I would need to choose not to try and rescue them, which undercuts the feeling a lot

This has made me want to play it again though lol, is it possible to install both mods? I notice they're both called patch2.xp3 for the difficulty and all romance mod

Last edited:

Setcheck64

Jun 1, 2019
That's true, it did make it a lot more difficult when I used your (great) mod, but I still found that I could just sabotage the place or bomb it until the prison level fell low enough. The real issue I found was that to see the scenes of the girls with hippians I would need to choose not to try and rescue them, which undercuts the feeling a lot

This has made me want to play it again though lol, is it possible to install both mods? I notice they're both called patch2.xp3 for the difficulty and all romance mod
I don't think it would be possible to install both. I'll have to do a merge of the mods to get that functionality in place. From what I gathered it didn't seem like the difficulty mod had much attention. The romance one was much more popular because it appealed to the power fantasy better when your girls aren't actually capable of being raped from your failures. I can only imagine how infuriating or perhaps arousing it'd be for a player to know he lost Beatrice by not paying attention and was incapable of getting to her before the Hippians stole her from them.

JohnHamm

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think it would be possible to install both. I'll have to do a merge of the mods to get that functionality in place. From what I gathered it didn't seem like the difficulty mod had much attention. The romance one was much more popular because it appealed to the power fantasy better when your girls aren't actually capable of being raped from your failures. I can only imagine how infuriating or perhaps arousing it'd be for a player to know he lost Beatrice by not paying attention and was incapable of getting to her before the Hippians stole her from them.
That's a shame, I've always felt the game would be way better if it was harder. Guess I'll stick with darker than black for now

Opito

Jul 20, 2023
I can't find the holy sword from Leane story even after scouting Jervis and bases around Jervis, which is what the game told me to. Please help. Thanks.

3.30 star(s) 39 Votes