MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
I am getting the following error when trying to open the latest (full) update:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
Exception: Couldn't find file 'image04.rpi'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\NEWPC\Downloads\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\NEWPC\Downloads\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\NEWPC\Downloads\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 164, in index_archives
fn = transfn(prefix + ".rpi")
File "C:\Users\NEWPC\Downloads\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\LeapofFaith-0.6.1c-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 649, in transfn
raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'image04.rpi'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri Sep 17 10:54:01 2021
It looks like you have a corrupted download, I think, looking in my game folder it should be "image04.rpa". Apart from redownloading, I am not sure what else you could do.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I hope you enjoyed the Chapter 7 sneak peek video. I saw that there was some confusion about the last chapter's ending and decided to push towards getting the sneak peek out early to clarify some things.

Other than that, I've been focusing on getting a good start to the chapter 7 development by both rendering and scripting the prologue to the point where it's fully completed. I always enjoy doing the prologue as it's a straight forward kinetic scene, independent of choices, phone and other things.

Render numbers for now are 106 story renders and 1,306 animated frames. I'm looking forward to the scenes I'm about to start. It's been a lot of Cece renders lately, but now it's time to bring in the rest of the girls. Hopefully it's another week of good progress ahead.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
Yay, development is back under way!

It looks like Drifty has completed and average of ~53 story renders and 653 frames of animation per week since Chapter 6 launched; in all likelihood the actual rate is faster than that and he took most of the first week off, but for now we'll go with the simple estimate. Here are the lovingly crafted charts for our pair of single datapoints:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's hard to say if Chapter 6 is a reasonable baseline for Chapter 7, especially if Drifty wants to release it soon, but it will do until we can find a more reliable benchmark. Here's hoping our wait will indeed be short!

May 8, 2018
Yay, development is back under way!

It looks like Drifty has completed and average of ~53 story renders and 653 frames of animation per week since Chapter 6 launched; in all likelihood the actual rate is faster than that and he took most of the first week off, but for now we'll go with the simple estimate. Here are the lovingly crafted charts for our pair of single datapoints:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's hard to say if Chapter 6 is a reasonable baseline for Chapter 7, especially if Drifty wants to release it soon, but it will do until we can find a more reliable benchmark. Here's hoping our wait will indeed be short!
Ayyyy, here's our numbers guy!

IIRC, Drifty mentioned he didn't know yet if this was going to be a Christmas release or not, which leads me to believe he wants it to be. But either way, if we don't get it by the end of December, we'll surely get it by the end of January at least!

Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
Ayyyy, here's our numbers guy!

IIRC, Drifty mentioned he didn't know yet if this was going to be a Christmas release or not, which leads me to believe he wants it to be. But either way, if we don't get it by the end of December, we'll surely get it by the end of January at least!
Awwww

Moonywb

Apr 14, 2019
Cece's suicide attempt hit me harder than what happened in AL, at least there light at the end of the tunnel, i wont be playing this game for a couple of days, really i cant.
I think most of us that have dealt with someone close committing suicide have a strong reaction to this. I know it hit me in the feels, where as if my wife played this one (which I told her not to continue), she would be a wreck. Her brother....

gideon9900

Apr 4, 2018
I keep coming back for each release because I love the story so far, but OMG you asshole, what a cliffhanger for Ch 6. I should have skipped the final scenes till Ch 7 came out, cause it'll be all I think about for a long time.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Gurls really like to play with their hair .. that is why .. have a heartt ... let them play and have fun!

KaosKally

Dec 21, 2019
That ending absolutely gutted me, more so than Acting Lessons did. All the goofy scenes with Samantha and the MC were a great distraction from the heavy topics. I'm glad that CeCe survives somehow. All the characters deserve a happy ending, although I'm not sure they'll all get one.

It's obvious from some of the replies lately that many on here have never hit rock bottom and experienced severe depression. It's not something that just magically disappears after a nice summer with friends. It's something that you struggle with daily, for your entire life. Medication can work well for some people, but finding the right dose and prescription is like finding a needle in a haystack. In many cases, what's meant to help you, ends up making you feel a walking corpse. Seeing a therapist helps but you have to want the help, otherwise it doesn't work. I've talked down a few people from suicide. Most would fail if put in the same situation. When someone really has their mind set on it, unfortunately nothing you say will change that. With all that's going on in the world today, there's a growing crisis of depression in younger people. I already see it in my 10 year old niece.
Man, you said the perfect truth about depression and sadly i am one of the few that hit the rock bottom of it, but somehow i managed to stay afloat and even help a lot of other ppl from stopping killing themselves or at least trying to stop them. Most of them are now doing a lot better, thank God, others not that great but at least they are still alive and that's more then enough for now.
Sorry for offtopic tho. About the game. is a rollercoaster of emotions, from sadness to happiness, from laughing hard to crying like there is no tomorrow. And the last chapter... i cried like a baby on it cuz it hit so close to home that... is unreal.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Good writing can save a pretty rough implementation, but the best tech ever can't save a crappy story.
This 100%.
I've even read books that had no pictures at all because the writing was amazing! [yes yes, I'm having a little joke there but the point stands]

The only thing I didn't like, from a story perspective, this update was Matt being there, it didn't make sense to me, maybe I missed something important, not sure.
I've known people like that and I don't care how much they change later on, they can go and be a better person around someone else, not in my sphere of existence.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
So, not gonna repeat any of the same things about the ending of the current chapter.

But, anyone know whether it's a bug/has been reported, that when only with Robin, you still get the option to mess around with Kira?

4.80 star(s) 559 Votes