Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019

Dev diary, 30th of October, 2020

Time for the Friday progress report.

This has been a very busy week. I've scripted about 1000 lines of dialogue/script, along with adjusting the new scenes to past choices.

Render count is at 2112 animated and 425 static renders. That's a whopping 874 renders increase this week (or one every 12 minutes on average).

The Lexi route is done, in addition to some random small scenes with the whole gang, the 'Bunny v2' (with and without Steph), and extended the confessionals (previously known as the start of Truth or Dare).

Next week I'll try to do mainly static renders covering both the Linda route and some other story related scenes. I'll still run animations, because it's hard to pose enough renders to get the batch-rendering going constantly, when I only have a few hours every evening to pose them.

I know I hinted that the second part of Chapter 4 will have a shorter development period than the first. Though, with the prolonged render times for Lexi and me expanding her route a bit, has left me way behind where I'd like to be by now. It doesn't mean I've been slacking, but giving more content where I expected it to be less. In fact, the Lexi route now has a total of 9 different scene locations.

Hopefully concentrating a bit more on the story going forward will make it easier to predict a release date for this part, but for now it's too early to say anything. Sorry about that.

Have a happy Halloween, and to quote Lexi: Trick or Treat?

// Drifty

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I think if anyones route needs expanding its Lexi, gonna be hard to figure out how a normal guy ends up with a celeb whos at the height of her career.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I think if anyones route needs expanding its Lexi, gonna be hard to figure out how a normal guy ends up with a celeb whos at the height of her career.
It happens quite a lot in real life tho. If only because it's refreshing to have someone "normal" at home when you're used to be surrounded by showbusiness people. And to have someone who treats you like a real person first, not a superstar.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
It happens quite a lot in real life tho. If only because it's refreshing to have someone "normal" at home when you're used to be surrounded by showbusiness people. And to have someone who treats you like a real person first, not a superstar.
I couldn't imagine having a celeb as a partner, I love my peace and quiet too much for that. Just thinking about paparazzi scum makes me have severe heartburn. :devilish:

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Actually not that uncommon IRL.

Celebs hang out around clubs and places your average person goes to and it only takes them to find a bit of attraction.

There are a number of celebs that try to avoid the whole "celeb marriage" thing.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Stories do often originate by the minor premise of 'it is unlikely to happen', or even the major premise of 'no chance in hell'.

Writing a story will always be a balancing act between the two, while trying to not step on any toes in doing so.

And while even more improbable, the fraction of AVN writers that at some point dated a celebrity and put some of their own experience into said story is even smaller - heck even minuscule, but still a possibility.

Though I can confirm that real celebrities don't at all act like celebrities in an AVN. It is just a story after all. :)

Donor
Apr 11, 2020
Finally took the time to catch back up to the most recent couple of updates and talk about outdoing yourself DriftyGames .

You actually managed to walk the tightrope between good humor and the tackling of some really heavy subjects like few others do - top that off with a cast of interesting characters and voilà...you got a game of the year candidate in my book! Great job, mate!

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Finally got around to playing this. Bloody great game!
One thing, my bae CeCe tells everyone her terrible story and what does Kira do? fucking comes on to her. Really?
Go the fuck back to your own girlfriend, bitch and stay there.

Last edited:

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
If I'm not wrong, the update cycle is about 2 months.
So most likely 4th or 11th December. ;)
Drifty will probably announce the release date alongside the trailer sometime next week.
In one of his statements here,he mentioned that the whole chapter would be done around christmas if he went for full release,hence the decision to split it in 3 parts to avoid long release time and to generally keep the game fresh(or something in that playfield).In any case I would wait until 2020 part 2 without any remark,since with every update,drifty tends to outdo himself(can you fucking imagine what he could do with month or two more to get everything polished?).

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Good story, good graphics, GREAT dance sequence :ROFLMAO:.
I like the friendships involved, the fact that even though you are steered towards particular relationships you are not forced into them like some games. I find the "popstar relationship" less unbelievable than the "Homeland Security" bullshit. I personally know someone who became the longtime partner of a major pop star and mother of their children.
Can't wait for the continuation, and look forward to playing through different paths once the whole story is complete

Reactions: gcjellyfish
4.80 star(s) 558 Votes