Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
can someone share today's dev diary?

Illustrated Dev Diary, May 14th, 2021
A relatively quick post this week, as this period of development is more or less about pouring out renders none stop, while finalizing details in the script and setting up locations. Several of these dialogue scripts had me laughing out loud, and that is always a good sign.
It's a nice feeling returning to the same locations where LoF started before we went off to Lexi, and I think you'll see that especially Robin and Kira is very much at home where it all started out. In this chapter you will spend time with Cece, Linda, Robin and Kira (all of them, individually), with extended scenes depending on the girl of your choice.
Looking at the numbers, we're at 142 story renders, and 808 animated frames. I've selected the music for about 80% of the chapter, and for someone that likes for the music to play a huge part in the scenes I couldn't be more happy about the tunes. Not even the top stars in the world today would outdo these fantastic songs.
Well, I'm back to posing some more, but I wish you all a happy weekend. Stay safe.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Superb news for Kira and Robin, love and lust of my gaming life ...
You should pose ”em in in the flesh, tho!

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

A relatively quick post this week, as this period of development is more or less about pouring out renders none stop, while finalizing details in the script and setting up locations. Several of these dialogue scripts had me laughing out loud, and that is always a good sign.
It's a nice feeling returning to the same locations where LoF started before we went off to Lexi, and I think you'll see that especially Robin and Kira is very much at home where it all started out. In this chapter you will spend time with Cece, Linda, Robin and Kira (all of them, individually), with extended scenes depending on the girl of your choice.
Looking at the numbers, we're at 142 story renders, and 808 animated frames. I've selected the music for about 80% of the chapter, and for someone that likes for the music to play a huge part in the scenes I couldn't be more happy about the tunes. Not even the top stars in the world today would outdo these fantastic songs.
Well, I'm back to posing some more, but I wish you all a happy weekend. Stay safe.
Cute image of Cece aside, this game has I believe the BEST soundtrack of songs out there. (I know I said CoBD does, but those are more atmospheric than vocal/lyrical). A lot of the songs from the last chapter made their way onto my iPod.

But the thought of spending time with Cece is already giving me warm fuzzies. I could care less what happens to the other girls at this point (I hope Linda moves out to be with Chris). Just give me my lovable, slightly adorkable Cece and I'm a very happy guy. :love:

EDIT: Looks like that image is in the bathroom by the shower. If that's the case, I'm already sold on this episode.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yeah, I'm aware of the story schedule. I'm just worried the people who complained things were being rushed may have been right, because most of the relationships don't feel like they're at the point the story needs them to be - at least not as romances.

Steph's relationship works if you can get past her backstory. We'd already heard a lot about their old relationship (and seen snippets of it), so we have a decent idea of the base dynamic. We saw them reconnect in chapter 4 and got a sample of how things have changed or stayed the same in Chapter 5. So while it's very fast paced, I think we've seen enough to feel invested in the couple - again, assuming you can forgive Steph's previous behavior. (Which I can; my problem is that I just can't take the agent panda jokes seriously. Really kills the mood.)

Cece's relationship probably works too, if you can get past the idea of romancing her before helping her deal with her emotions. Unfortunately, I really can't; romancing her at this point just seems like an epic disaster waiting to happen and I can't stop focusing on that. Cece's friendship path just seems so much more logical at this stage.

For the other characters, I just don't think we've seen enough to make the romances work. Lexi's has a great start in Chapter 4, but it runs aground on Holly this time out. The end result is that it feels like Lexi and the MC don't quite know what they want or how to discuss it, which is a terrible way to start off a long distance relationship. As you said, I think the friendship route works better here, too.

Linda's romance has been criminally underwritten. The establishment of her friendship with the MC was damn near perfect, but that winds up working against her now because there's just no catalyst for the two of them to suddenly switch into a romance. Linda gets bad news, drop her phone, the MC comforts her - it's all reasonable, but it's the same sort of thing that has been happening since Chapter 2. So why does it suddenly lead to the two not just having sex, but (apparently) screwing each other's brains out for the remainder of the vacation? It winds up making their new relationship look painfully shallow. We really needed time to see the two reflect on the change and how they feel about it before we move on. That's going to be very hard to do next time since Linda's story needs to share time with 3 others AND still work on the friendship path.

And Robin and/or Kira's romance just collapsed in Chapter 5. Like you, I found the 3-way relationship option to feel extremely artificial. But I was intrigued by the solo routes in Chapter 4. While I hate the idea of breaking them up, the game actually presents it as less a conscious choice and more a recognition that meeting the MC has already set the events in motion. That meant the solo paths felt genuine, as though adults were trying to find a solution to a complicated situation, which gave them an unusual dramatic weight in comparison to the other romance options.

Unfortunately, Chapter 5 ruined that by a) retroactively proving that Kira and Robin's relationship was much stronger and more meaningful than they suggested in Chapter 4, b) skipping straight over the 'adults trying to find a solution' phase to 'MC and [chosen girl(s)] are a happy couple with no problems' phase in the blink of an eye, c) illustrating that that do, in fact, have a rather serious problem, and d) ignoring that problem so the MC can spend more time with Lexi. Not good. Far less than the two deserve.

So I'm sort of stuck in limbo at the moment. If the game did have a platonic friendship route I'd go with that. As is I'm really not feeling any of the options, which is just bizarre in a game where I like all the LIs.
Kira all ready gave a path to helping Cece solve her problems, it's right there in the game, love! Being loved and learning how to love is the way for Cece to deal with her issue's, so a relationship is just what she needs.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week Drifty completed 67 story renders and 808 frames of animation. That gives him an average of roughly 71 story renders and 404 frames of animation per week. The results are charted below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If we use Chapter 5 as a benchmark and extrapolate these rates, we're looking at about 5 months to complete Chapter 6. Obviously these rates will change over time and we don't know much about how Chapter 6 will stack up in comparison to Chapter 5. So this is a very rough estimate. Still, given that Chapter 6 is likely to be big (both because it has a lot of ground to cover and because the subject matter will likely be heavy) we should probably brace ourselves for a long wait.

Other than that, not much to say yet. Nice to see Cece is putting Lexi's wardrobe to good use. I will say light grey is a good color on her. :D

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
This week Drifty completed 67 story renders and 808 frames of animation. That gives him an average of roughly 71 story renders and 404 frames of animation per week. The results are charted below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If we use Chapter 5 as a benchmark and extrapolate these rates, we're looking at about 5 months to complete Chapter 6. Obviously these rates will change over time and we don't know much about how Chapter 6 will stack up in comparison to Chapter 5. So this is a very rough estimate. Still, given that Chapter 6 is likely to be big (both because it has a lot of ground to cover and because the subject matter will likely be heavy) we should probably brace ourselves for a long wait.

Other than that, not much to say yet. Nice to see Cece is putting Lexi's wardrobe to good use. I will say light grey is a good color on her. :D
Yeah I'm expecting the Linda flashback stuff to surface here as well as whatever happens with Cece to be very emotional. Even though Linda isn't my LI choice of course I care about her and want to kill Matt.

As far as Cece goes, the MC/James is back in the house to be with Cece (and to keep an eye on her) but will she discuss what she was thinking of doing BEFORE he came back? Are we going to have some heavy relationship feelings with this episode into what she's thinking or scared of? I'm certainly expecting some tugs at the heart in Chapter 6.

This game certainly makes me think about the real-life issues I have and share with Cece. Maybe this game is going to help me as well deal with my own BS. But it's why I love her and this game so much; the connection with her is very strong.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Kira all ready gave a path to helping Cece solve her problems, it's right there in the game, love! Being loved and learning how to love is the way for Cece to deal with her issue's, so a relationship is just what she needs.
As much as I appreciate the sentiment, Kira is a cook not a psychologist. Giving a girl who struggles with overwhelming emotions (both good and bad) even stronger emotions is a recipe for disaster.

Cece needs to learn to accept her emotions before we push her off that particular cliff. That calls for tools to manage her feelings and time to practice, not a magic feather. I'm not looking to rain on the parade of those enjoying Cece's path, but I just can't accept it as currently presented.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
As much as I appreciate the sentiment, Kira is a cook not a psychologist. Giving a girl who struggles with overwhelming emotions (both good and bad) even stronger emotions is a recipe for disaster.

Cece needs to learn to accept her emotions before we push her off that particular cliff. That calls for tools to manage her feelings and time to practice, not a magic feather. I'm not looking to rain on the parade of those enjoying Cece's path, but I just can't accept it as currently presented.
Right now, it makes it look like the way to get her head temporarily off her issues is sex, and that's not right or the best thing to do. You can't and don't want to flood an emotionally-filled girl who's fragile like that with the heavy emotions that come along with sex. I always think Drifty should take the route of the Avalon game and bring in some kind of psychologist/psychiatrist to help her out. A neutral third party that's not going to judge her about what she thinks and feels.

There's no one like that amongst her friends and the MC/James that can do that. Just how I think because I do see one myself and have done so since 2009.

You never ever get better with dealing with things like this, but you learn to control it more to the point where it doesn't take over your entire life. I was a mess 12 years ago with constant ODs and thoughts. Haven't had one in a few years but it doesn't stop me from thinking about it. Just know how to deal with it better.

That's what Cece needs.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020

thx friend, I really love Cece, she is the girl I want to protect, love and have with me forever (sorry, English is not my native language)

Reactions: Schattenlust

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

No, I don't agree. Kira was speaking from her own life experience, she's implying that she has been down that particular road before and
Right now, it makes it look like the way to get her head temporarily off her issues is sex, and that's not right or the best thing to do. You can't and don't want to flood an emotionally-filled girl who's fragile like that with the heavy emotions that come along with sex. I always think Drifty should take the route of the Avalon game and bring in some kind of psychologist/psychiatrist to help her out. A neutral third party that's not going to judge her about what she thinks and feels.

There's no one like that amongst her friends and the MC/James that can do that. Just how I think because I do see one myself and have done so since 2009.

You never ever get better with dealing with things like this, but you learn to control it more to the point where it doesn't take over your entire life. I was a mess 12 years ago with constant ODs and thoughts. Haven't had one in a few years but it doesn't stop me from thinking about it. Just know how to deal with it better.

That's what Cece needs.
Professional care is always useful but I think it's a mistake to over rely on it. I was treated for PTSD for quite some time and only really found help from working in group with other Vet's who had the same problems. Psychoanalysis is hardly an exact science and, at least in the US, the profession has become heavily contaminated with politics. Cavalierly dismissing Kira's advice because she's 'just a cook' is a grave mistake IMHO.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No, I don't agree. Kira was speaking from her own life experience, she's implying that she has been down that particular road before and

Professional care is always useful but I think it's a mistake to over rely on it. I was treated for PTSD for quite some time and only really found help from working in group with other Vet's who had the same problems. Psychoanalysis is hardly an exact science and, at least in the US, the profession has become heavily contaminated with politics. Cavalierly dismissing Kira's advice because she's 'just a cook' is a grave mistake IMHO.
I'm not trying to dismiss Kira's efforts, just illustrate why I find them very poorly thought out.

She has no formal training in this field and everything about her lifestyle suggests she has a very different way of looking at the world than Cece. What works for Kira may not transfer directly. More importantly, we've seen no evidence Kira has experienced anything like Cece's issue; it certainly didn't come up in Chapter 1 or during the Chapter 5 flashback. Kira's clearly been in a dark place, but the cause was very different. Love as an antidote to rejection makes far more sense than love as an antidote to overwhelming exhileration.

Even if Kira did have a similar struggle in the past, it seems most likely it happened before she and Robin hooked up. That in turn suggests the love which helped Kira would have been familial rather than romantic, which gets back to my point that Cece's friendship path seems a lot more reasonable than the romance path.

Lastly, if we assume everything I just said is wrong and sex is precisely what Cece needs to help her, what does that say about the non-Cece paths? Surely MCs who opt for nothing more than friendship with her aren't condemning Cece to a lifetime struggling with her demons?

In short, I strongly disagree with the situation as Drifty has presented it, and that dissonance is hurting the story in my eyes. I would hope you of all people could understand the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Rider

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm not trying to dismiss Kira's efforts, just illustrate why I find them very poorly thought out.

She has no formal training in this field and everything about her lifestyle suggests she has a very different way of looking at the world than Cece. What works for Kira may not transfer directly. More importantly, we've seen no evidence Kira has experienced anything like Cece's issue; it certainly didn't come up in Chapter 1 or during the Chapter 5 flashback. Kira's clearly been in a dark place, but the cause was very different. Love as an antidote to rejection makes far more sense than love as an antidote to overwhelming exhileration.

Even if Kira did have a similar struggle in the past, it seems most likely it happened before she and Robin hooked up. That in turn suggests the love which helped Kira would have been familial rather than romantic, which gets back to my point that Cece's friendship path seems a lot more reasonable than the romance path.

Lastly, if we assume everything I just said is wrong and sex is precisely what Cece needs to help her, what does that say about the non-Cece paths? Sure MCs who opt for nothing more than friendship with her aren't condemning Cece to a lifetime struggling with her demons?

In short, I strongly disagree with the situation as Drifty has presented it, and that dissonance is hurting the story in my eyes. I would hope you of all people could understand the problem.
First, I didn't say sex I said love. There is a difference there.

Kira clearly says that she experienced the same problems that Cece did, at least that's my impression from the scene. And I took her dialogue to mean that the love she had for Robin is what helped her, we also know that Robin and Kira had a strong emotional relationship before they had a sexual relationship, that's what the flashback at the beginning of Chapter 5 is about.

Finally, in my own personal experience I've found professional help to be somewhat lacking, it was only when I found people that had experience of the same problems that I was able to get any help. Even the professional community recognizes that group therapy is a valid form of treatment. And Cece has already mentioned that professional help has failed her in the past.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Did i go through incorrectly or is a harem not possible? I can wind up with various people but not all of them, and they are all messed up in different ways so saving them all with a cock seemed like the best way to continue not picking just one.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

/Agree And just an additional aside-
Cece has Plenty of professional experience with her mental/emotional issues. I also have had some experience with PTSD, Depression and others. The core of all professional help is that the real path forward comes from within the person. The pro folks may facilitate understanding, but people in your life can do the same thing. Sure Cece has to come to terms with whatever demons she has, but the professionals are not going to be the cure, she has been there and we saw the results on the bridge.
If Cece has a path that is not self destructive, it is only going to be through her opening up her emotional flood gate in a non fatal manner, which could happen if she forms a relationship with someone she genuinely cares for.

As for rushed...how many of you have ever internet dated? How many of you ever met someone in a bar and woke up married 6 months later? How many of you met in a bar in Las Vegas and were married 6 HOURs later? :D
Just saying. The hearts and glands want what they want when they want them. The MC is admittedly a fully loaded assault rifle of testosterone build up after 2 years dry in early 20s. That can lead to some very quick decisions. We are not analyzing where he is at 50... just a slice of life, could be a mistake, could be the love of a lifetime. Time will tell, but time is beyond the scope of the current chapters, and may be in the post log, but otherwise, take this slice as it is, not looking at it sagely as a mistake from a life long decision choice, but as a relationship choice of folks in their 20-30 year old time frame and let it be that. That choice can have life long implications for sure for Cece if we end up with her walking off to end it all, but for the rest, it is hardly going to be the last good or bad decision they ever make in their lives.

Peace

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Cece has Plenty of professional experience with her mental/emotional issues. I also have had some experience with PTSD, Depression and others. The core of all professional help is that the real path forward comes from within the person. The pro folks may facilitate understanding, but people in your life can do the same thing. Sure Cece has to come to terms with whatever demons she has, but the professionals are not going to be the cure, she has been there and we saw the results on the bridge.
If Cece has a path that is not self destructive, it is only going to be through her opening up her emotional flood gate in a non fatal manner, which could happen if she forms a relationship with someone she genuinely cares for.

As for rushed...how many of you have ever internet dated? How many of you ever met someone in a bar and woke up married 6 months later? How many of you met in a bar in Las Vegas and were married 6 HOURs later? :D
Just saying. The hearts and glands want what they want when they want them. The MC is admittedly a fully loaded assault rifle of testosterone build up after 2 years dry in early 20s. That can lead to some very quick decisions. We are not analyzing where he is at 50... just a slice of life, could be a mistake, could be the love of a lifetime. Time will tell, but time is beyond the scope of the current chapters, and may be in the post log, but otherwise, take this slice as it is, not looking at it sagely as a mistake from a life long decision choice, but as a relationship choice of folks in their 20-30 year old time frame and let it be that. That choice can have life long implications for sure for Cece if we end up with her walking off to end it all, but for the rest, it is hardly going to be the last good or bad decision they ever make in their lives.

Peace
Oh I agree, especially about the real path forward coming from within. In fact Cece has already made substantial progress. At first she wanted to keep from Chris that she had tried to kill herself, but by Ch 4 we see her openly admitting, first to Steph and then to the whole group, that she had tried to suicide. That is a huge step forward. We also see her reaching out to someone else, Steph again, instead of only focusing on herself and her own problems.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

Peace
I was on AOL 3.0 when I met my first girlfriend in 1997, who lived in Long Island, about an hour away from me. We met in a chatroom and for the next year, my life was amazing; driving back and forth to Long Island, dating her, meeting her mother, and at the the time her 5-year-old daughter. I internet dated several girls and went to meet all of them; Michigan, Minnesota, Baltimore, D.C. Met my first wife that way too, who lived out in Vegas; moved there, lived there. My second wife was a fall-out of my first wife's relationship, and we got a long rather well and it was an amazing time.....

...until it wasn't.

You're right, the heart (and everything else) wants what it wants. I'll never regret what I did, just some of the choices in how I did it. I can see Cece getting through her problems, albeit it won't be easy, but I see her growing stronger from it. She'll have the support of the MC, even though he's locked, cocked and ready to fire, we've also seen how cautious and careful he is in trying to calm her down. The poolside scene with her when he takes her hand into his and tells her to close her eyes and remember something good. He can have depth at times. It might not be deep, but it's there.

She admitted she loved him, and he her. Now yes, she is dealing with something she's been trying to avoid her whole life and over the closing chapters of this game, especially the next one, all he has to do is show her how wonderful things can be in life, and in love. That's just how I see it.

Reactions: DavDR

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
So I just found this game the other night and just did my first playthrough. It might be up there with one of my favorites so far. I actually am nervous/anxious as to what is happening at the end of chapter 5? Its definitely got me hooked in.

So ill probably be doing multiple runs like I do in most games that have paths. But am I correct in assuming 8 possible paths/LIs? Cece, Linda, Kira, Robin, Kira&Robin, Steph, Lexi, Holly?

I went with Lexi on the this first run, Seems good. Definitely poised to offer some major problems with the manager/her career later though.

It was also cool to see the cameo with Chasing Sunsets! I just recently picked that one up as well when it was on the update page! Good Stuff

Reactions: DavDR
Jun 10, 2020
So I just found this game the other night and just did my first playthrough. It might be up there with one of my favorites so far. I actually am nervous/anxious as to what is happening at the end of chapter 5? Its definitely got me hooked in.

So ill probably be doing multiple runs like I do in most games that have paths. But am I correct in assuming 8 possible paths/LIs? Cece, Linda, Kira, Robin, Kira&Robin, Steph, Lexi, Holly?

I went with Lexi on the this first run, Seems good. Definitely poised to offer some major problems with the manager/her career later though.

It was also cool to see the cameo with Chasing Sunsets! I just recently picked that one up as well when it was on the update page! Good Stuff
No formal Holly path at this point.

Reactions: Arch12

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I was on AOL 3.0 when I met my first girlfriend in 1997, who lived in Long Island, about an hour away from me. We met in a chatroom and for the next year, my life was amazing; driving back and forth to Long Island, dating her, meeting her mother, and at the the time her 5-year-old daughter. I internet dated several girls and went to meet all of them; Michigan, Minnesota, Baltimore, D.C. Met my first wife that way too, who lived out in Vegas; moved there, lived there. My second wife was a fall-out of my first wife's relationship, and we got a long rather well and it was an amazing time.....

...until it wasn't.

You're right, the heart (and everything else) wants what it wants. I'll never regret what I did, just some of the choices in how I did it. I can see Cece getting through her problems, albeit it won't be easy, but I see her growing stronger from it. She'll have the support of the MC, even though he's locked, cocked and ready to fire, we've also seen how cautious and careful he is in trying to calm her down. The poolside scene with her when he takes her hand into his and tells her to close her eyes and remember something good. He can have depth at times. It might not be deep, but it's there.

She admitted she loved him, and he her. Now yes, she is dealing with something she's been trying to avoid her whole life and over the closing chapters of this game, especially the next one, all he has to do is show her how wonderful things can be in life, and in love. That's just how I see it.
funny i had met my 3rd and FINAL wife on AOL back in 95 and we been married since .. kids and grandkids and a couple great grandkids ...

4.80 star(s) 553 Votes