Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The music selection also deserves it's own mention. For some reason (And I'm sure I'm not alone), stories hold special weight when paired with music. The soundtrack for this game has a lot of songs that I have never heard of, some of which now have an honored place in my Spotify playlist.
[/SPOILER]
Serious question, in part to put forth a theory: Did you play the finished game as it was released or did you use one of the music mods available to you? And either way, did you play before the music was changed?

I'm asking 'cause I've had a suspicion since the final version was released and am curious if you make a good guinea pig for my theory ... ;)

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
It's like a good TV series. I like watching them when they're over, not waiting every week or month to see the next episode.

This game it make me feel empty, depression and somehow angry? after the ending of chapter 6 I would need a break or I would not take it anymore....it's like this game play with your feelings so easy from the comedy, love to the depression and real dark drama... it can be good story movie, the game you know is good when it make it feel emotion when you play it.

Now I'm asking myself if I did a correct decision to be on lexi route for the first way through, this unstable cece fuck everything in a good or bad way...it's clear that who writte this story cece was the main character focus on this story... the twist events is just a bonus add value to the story.
Even if you are on other girls route the game scream go with cece, this game succesful make you to regret that you did not start the story with cece as first way through.

Last edited:
Reactions: rKnight

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
Serious question, in part to put forth a theory: Did you play the finished game as it was released or did you use one of the music mods available to you? And either way, did you play before the music was changed?

I'm asking 'cause I've had a suspicion since the final version was released and am curious if you make a good guinea pig for my theory ... ;)
I played the game for the first time as the final version was released, without the music mod. I read that the original music was very good, but I wanted to give it a chance as Drifty saw fit to release it in the end.

I will probably go back and replay a new Cece route with the music mod at some point, but today was dedicated to finishing the last playthrough with Kira and Robin.

I'm interested in your theory now, lol.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I played the game for the first time as the final version was released, without the music mod. I read that the original music was very good, but I wanted to give it a chance as Drifty saw fit to release it in the end.

I will probably go back and replay a new Cece route with the music mod at some point, but today was dedicated to finishing the last playthrough with Kira and Robin.

I'm interested in your theory now, lol.
As someone who started playing at Chap. 4, my theory is that the final version with the altered music would be just as audibly enjoyable for someone used to the original music if they'd never heard it that way.

I still enjoyed the final un-modded version, but frequently felt the absence of the original songs, and jumped at the opportunity to play the final version with the original music. Obviously, my theory could never actually be proven, and there are a couple visual clues about the missing music that I imagine are noticeable even if you've never heard it, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it regardless.

Drifty seems to have a fantastic feel for the music, and knowing we'll be getting u4ia without the risk of another musicopolipse has me looking forward to another wonderful soundtrack.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

masteraaran

Jun 10, 2017
As someone who started playing at Chap. 4, my theory is that the final version with the altered music would be just as audibly enjoyable for someone used to the original music if they'd never heard it that way.

I still enjoyed the final un-modded version, but frequently felt the absence of the original songs, and jumped at the opportunity to play the final version with the original music. Obviously, my theory could never actually be proven, and there are a couple visual clues about the missing music that I imagine are noticeable even if you've never heard it, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it regardless.

Drifty seems to have a fantastic feel for the music, and knowing we'll be getting u4ia without the risk of another musicopolipse has me looking forward to another wonderful soundtrack.

I believe that your theory is correct, at least in my case. I had heard of none of the songs before (Except possibly Titanic by Harlow), and I have now added several of them to my spotify playlists because I like them so much, and they are now linked to parts of the game in my mind.

The only obvious part of the game where the music was missing was, of course, the limo ride where there is no music at all, and Drifty mentioned what song was supposed to be there so I was able to go listen to it on my own. Other than that, I found the entire experience very enjoyable.

I will definitely check out the mod you mentioned when I decide to replay with the other music.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out where the extra ~4000 renders are that the game states I have not seen in the final conclusion. I guess maybe they are just variations of things I've seen already, since for the extra playthroughs I started from the 'main choice' about halfway through the game and didn't bother going back to the beginning since I was only interested in the 'new content' from the other paths.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
This game it make me feel empty, depression and somehow angry? after the ending of chapter 6 I would need a break or I would not take it anymore....it's like this game play with your feelings so easy from the comedy, love to the depression and real dark drama... it can be good story movie, the game you know is good when it make it feel emotion when you play it.
Well, you're not the only one to have had these feelings. It's not for nothing that many describe the game as a roller coaster of emotions. I myself had to take a real break for a few days away from everything and everyone because as I have already mentioned in some of my posts, I really connected to the character of Cece because of the similarity that she has with my little sister, who she did not survive.

Now I'm asking myself if I did a correct decision to be on lexi route for the first way through, this unstable cece fuck everything in a good or bad way...it's clear that who writte this story cece was the main character focus on this story... the twist events is just a bonus add value to the story.
Even if you are on other girls route the game scream go with cece, this game succesful make you to regret that you did not start the story with cece as first way through.
We wondered about the choice, since all the girls are really great, each in their own way. There are two around which all the characters gather. Cece and Lexi. They are like two opposite poles. One tends to flee the crowd by walking in the shadows, and the other attracts the crowd by dancing in the spotlight. Of course, the developer has made Cece the main articulation of the game. Telling a true story through Cece who represents his daughter, he gives us a slice of his own life. So I think it's quite normal to feel a strong attraction to Cece, so much emphasis has been placed on her character by the author.
Personally for our first run, the choice fell on Holly through lexi, but having made a mistake, we ended up with Lexi. why Holly? 1st because it best matches the one I would choose irl, 2nd because it looks a lot like the one I chose a few years ago now, and it doesn't displease her because we play together :D

♂♀

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Right now, I'm trying to figure out where the extra ~4000 renders are that the game states I have not seen in the final conclusion. I guess maybe they are just variations of things I've seen already, since for the extra playthroughs I started from the 'main choice' about halfway through the game and didn't bother going back to the beginning since I was only interested in the 'new content' from the other paths.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Holly is easily my favorite character too. Now, I have to ask, because I've never really understood this, but is there any real benefit at all to collecting the steam achievements except bragging rights? I can't even imagine wanting to go back over and over again seeking out every single tiny little branch to collect a pop-up ribbon congratulating me for wasting three hours and getting the one-off scene where she licks my nipple briefly instead of patting my cheek affectionately, or whatever. Having said that, if there is some kind of tangible benefit where you get the gold key to the secret leather-and-lollipop dungeon or something then maybe there's a logical reason underlying it all. Is there anything? Or is it just for super game fan completists?

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Holly is easily my favorite character too. Now, I have to ask, because I've never really understood this, but is there any real benefit at all to collecting the steam achievements except bragging rights? I can't even imagine wanting to go back over and over again seeking out every single tiny little branch to collect a pop-up ribbon congratulating me for wasting three hours and getting the one-off scene where she licks my nipple briefly instead of patting my cheek affectionately, or whatever. Having said that, if there is some kind of tangible benefit where you get the gold key to the secret leather-and-lollipop dungeon or something then maybe there's a logical reason underlying it all. Is there anything? Or is it just for super game fan completists?
What? Didn't you find out all the Medikits? :D
I will take the example of another game which illustrates your question well, and which does not require playing on steam; SL aka sunshine love and its donuts... These fucking doughnuts :( :devilish:
At the beginning, I start it a bit like playing a game of minesweeper or candy crush saga, just to pass the time, before a appointment or meeting for example. But then it can quickly turn into fanatic obsession, and the only benefit I can get from it is to make my blood pressure skyrocket when I have an appointment with my doctor who happens to be a... .bewitching feminine creature? to take good care of myself during an medical examen that I don't hesitate to drag out :love:

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
What can I say ... once I decide I'm interested in the things, I want all the things.

Seriously though, I did want to see all the paths, especially after the commentary was available. The only thing I did JUST to get an achievement was leave Steph behind. But doing so does clarify some of the mysteries of the game ... such as who's watching you in the tree, where the old man is going, etc. (Actually that's about it, but still ...).

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
What can I say ... once I decide I'm interested in the things, I want all the things.

Seriously though, I did want to see all the paths, especially after the commentary was available. The only thing I did JUST to get an achievement was leave Steph behind. But doing so does clarify some of the mysteries of the game ... such as who's watching you in the tree, where the old man is going, etc. (Actually that's about it, but still ...).
So, nothing really then. :p

Reactions: Elhemeer

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Hm... I played all routes except 2 Lesbs Solo, and it's like every route reminds You made wrong choise "Why did you choose not Cece? Are You stupid? It could be much better then that..."
:KEK:
I meant Cece is main girl, other girls routes are much weaker.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hm... I played all routes except 2 Lesbs Solo, and it's like every route reminds You made wrong choise "Why did you choose not Cece? Are You stupid? It could be much better then that..."
:KEK:
I meant Cece is main girl, other girls routes are much weaker.
Opinions are divided here. Of course the Dev made sure to put Lexi and Cece at the center of the story. In mather of fact, it was from an event in his own life that he was inspired by the character of Cece. But from my point of view, he created all the other characters with the same desire to make them authentic and alive. Even the way the Mc meets those who will become his friends, and a little more for one of the girls is plausible (at least from my experience). I don't think the other paths are weaker. On the other hand, I think it's easy to follow Cece's path because the Dev appeals to deep, dark feelings, and no one likes to feel guilty for turning their backs on someone in dire need of help.

♂♀

Reactions: Elhemeer
4.80 star(s) 553 Votes