MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hmm... Agree with almost all of that. But, I think we should be able to walk away from her. Although, truthfully, I don't really care about that much anymore. If Drifty feels she's needed for the benefit of the story, I won't even bitch about it anymore. It's not worth it.

However, one thing that is always slapping me in the face, is the fact that I want the original Linda back. Not this new chick, who in my mind isn't Linda. I mean, maybe she's a relative or something, but, it's not Linda.

So, keep Steph how you want her to be, I'll stop bitching. But, bring back the original Linda.
Thing is, if walking away from her guts the story, then I don’t think it should be an option. If the story doesn’t really need Steph going forward then it renders her reappearance nearly pointless. If James can shrug and say “whatever” and then go on his way then all the drama was pointless. However, as I don’t know what the story will be if giving players the option won’t destroy the drama (or cause the drama with the other love interests to be written as more intense) then I am fine with whatever Drifty decides.

Really, you can just take that last sentence and paste it in for my response whenever it comes to decisions Drifty makes. In the end if I don’t like what happens then I can walk away.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Thing is, if walking away from her guts the story, then I don’t think it should be an option. If the story doesn’t really need Steph going forward then it renders her reappearance nearly pointless. If James can shrug and say “whatever” and then go on his way then all the drama was pointless. However, as I don’t know what the story will be if giving players the option won’t destroy the drama (or cause the drama with the other love interests to be written as more intense) then I am fine with whatever Drifty decides.

Really, you can just take that last sentence and paste it in for my response whenever it comes to decisions Drifty makes. In the end if I don’t like what happens then I can walk away.
That is also true. But, eh. Nope. Not even going to disagree when it comes to Steph now. I just hope DriftyGames brings back the original Linda. She's the only reason that I pledged if I'm honest. Ahahaha

Reactions: MrFriendly

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Steph has been introduced into the story. That's just a fact. With a few exceptions, I'm pretty sure MOST of us who are thrashing this horse to death are doing so because we are legitimately engaged with the story... AND the character... and want... no, NEED to know what the hell is going on quite above the issue of how we personally feel about the character's relationship with the MC.

So, no, since she is a part of the story so far, I think we need to have her background available to us. As for making it optional, I thought you had said at one point that technically we could skip the meeting/date but that it would impact our other relationships in some way... I think that's fair. If a person is so invested in ignoring/avoiding someone, they will risk impacting their other relationships because of it. However, this is a huge consequence for a choice which boils down to somebody protecting himself from further pain and harm from a person who came close to destroying him. The explanation has to be DAMN convincing to make that consequence balance not hearing it. (I know that you get this, by the way. I keep harping on it because this story has gotten under my skin and it matters to me. It's basically the only way I can keep my engagement up until the next fix. ;))
And you will, in about a month's time. :) I can promise you that I put my all into this. When my computer is not rendering, I'm posing, and when I'm not posing, it's rendering. And while it's rendering I write dialogue, or script work, or post editing the finished renders. It takes long time because of the amount of LI's in the story, and because I want you to feel it's a good story whoever you might like (or dislike) the most. Or as I wrote on my patreon the other day - I even had a nightmare that my computer broke down. :D

Depending on your preference, walking away from her might spawn the best ending. Or, one of the best of the 58 endings. :p

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
If you look at my sig, that's the original Linda. Probably not to many people's tastes, but, in all fairness, most people don't like her at all. She's the reason that I became a patron.
I'm not really seeing a huge difference honestly. I acquired and played the game 3 days ago. Capture.PNG

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
If you look at my sig, that's the original Linda. Probably not to many people's tastes, but, in all fairness, most people don't like her at all. She's the reason that I became a patron.
Its more like she is just there for now.With further updates that will most certainly change(as said on the plane ride we really have not sat down and gone into deeper discussion with her.

As for Stephanie,Drifty just continue to do your thing.She IS integral part of the story and motivational focus for the MC to move on with this life.Cutting her out of the game would be counter productive.

ps-Drifty can we expect furthering of the Cece plot in this chapter,or will you continue with the tip toe approach for next couple of chapters? :p

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Its more like she is just there for now.With further updates that will most certainly change(as said on the plane ride we really have not sat down and gone into deeper discussion with her.
True. But, it's not my fault she's the one that caught my eye. When everyone was talking smack about how she looked, even in the college flashback, I didn't care. I'm probably the only one who took the choice of making eye contact with her at the bar and not with Cece. lol

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
True. But, it's not my fault she's the one that caught my eye. When everyone was talking smack about how she looked, even in the college flashback, I didn't care. I'm probably the only one who took the choice of making eye contact with her at the bar and not with Cece. lol
Can understand you on that one.Human perception can be a bitch,Drifty went to a more realistic looks of a average teen girl and it bit him in the ass obviously :D :p . Welp,being one of those people myself I can give you a reason why:for now the most interesting and non contraversial character (as opposed to that one which will not be named :p ).

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I feel I should re-render a bit just for you when it's done. :)
Nah. Don't re-render just for me. There was nothing wrong with how she looked before. The people who talked shit, aren't even fans of her. They're all about Cece and Lexi mostly. Linda was a natural beauty before. Now.... Ehh the changes to her are just.. :( . Just know that she's the only reason I put my money in your pocket.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
ps-Drifty can we expect furthering of the Cece plot in this chapter,or will you continue with the tip toe approach for next couple of chapters? :p
Chapter 4 is a very romantic chapter, but I still try to dip into the different LI's 'background issues'. As for Cece, well, she's in a happy place now, except for that one thing you as the MC do that is going to haunt her.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Chapter 4 is a very romantic chapter, but I still try to dip into the different LI's 'background issues'. As for Cece, well, she's in a happy place now, except for that one thing you as the MC do that is going to haunt her.
Well if Cece didn’t want it up the ass she should have said something...

Wait, that’s not what haunts her?

Does James ask her for a pegging?

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Thanks for the clarification and a quick reply. :)
We(well lets change it to I(or me)because of personal tastes) need more of those moment scenes(i swear to god i was laughing the whole way trough the self defense lesson scene where only thing Cece did not do was to stamp mcs forehead with kiss me seal :D ).Everything was perfectly implemented and was hurtfully realistic...masterfully done(hurtfully realistic cause i missed quite a few those "signs" in real life myself). :D

Continue with the great work,and dont cave to the popular pressure(especially when it is about a character integral to the story you created).

Reactions: MrFriendly

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
As long as 1 of the 58 endings is a maybe not so realistic but oh-so-satisfying harem ending, I'm happy.

I know it's not happening, but I can hope, damn it.

Reactions: HansDampf788

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Thanks for the clarification and a quick reply. :)
We(well lets change it to I(or me)because of personal tastes) need more of those moment scenes(i swear to god i was laughing the whole way trough the self defense lesson scene where only thing Cece did not do was to stamp mcs forehead with kiss me seal :D ).Everything was perfectly implemented and was hurtfully realistic...masterfully done(hurtfully realistic cause i missed quite a few those "signs" in real life myself). :D

Continue with the great work,and dont cave to the popular pressure(especially when it is about a character integral to the story you created).
Well, at least you got a moment with her. :) Or you might have ended up with...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
Well, at least you got a moment with her. :) Or you might have ended up with...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good thing I have rejected her on both playtroughs.Had a feeling you were aiming towards this,just didnt want to "spoil" things.This is a scene I wont see. :D
Said it in the review and ill say it here too:god blessed us with creators like you who will actually pay attention to the story they are presenting(unlike certain HBO jackasses who would not know how to make a good story/character development even if it was imprinted into their damn skull...oh boy dont want to open that can of worms here so its best if I pulled on the breaks).Pretty please just dont make mc/characters forget about potentially deadly things that can bite them in the ass. :D

ps-To clarify upon moments thing:This one is by itself enough.Didnt mean solely on only that type of "moment",but upon those moments in the relationship in general.just unleash your creative side as you did with this one,and everything is a okay. 8)

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes