ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
If anything, I've always felt it would be a good idea to listen to ideas. Not to reshape the story in anyway. It branches if you reject Steph anyway, and that would apply equally well with leaving her background story out of it. But if you really felt that the story is better without seeing her again, I should at least consider the option.
I want to hear her story, but more for closure than anything. She is either married, or is still lying to us.
Does reject mean : reject her as a LI, or reject her so she leaves?
I do not know what options we will have with her and how much choice we will have : LI, friend, ex, someone we never want to see again.

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
I love choice and consequence, but I can't think of a single game where at least some part of the story is not 'forced'. If anyone wants absolute control over all parts of the story of a game, their only recourse is to write one themselves.

I still don't know which way I'm going to go first time through, but you can bet your ass I'll be replaying this many times. The feeling I get from playing LOF is just like the mc when he's dancing on the plane. And I say that as a full-on curmudgeon. This game brings me real joy. In a year like this has been, that's like gold.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Quick question.

Would you drop the Steph explanation if I made it optional. On all your playthroughs?

If yes. Do you think that would be the norm, or would I be tailoring the story for a minority of players? :)
As much as I personally would want to hear an explanation, I can understand why there is a significant portion of people who wants nothing to do with Steph any more and would like to skip it.

So, even if only to shut up the people complaining about the presence of Steph, sure why not? But I suspect that will require additional "plot gymnastics" down the road as you have always envisioned her as part of the story.

The real question is, are you willing to spend the effort to figure out how to skip the explanation (and any further interaction with Steph, because the complaining will only get 10x worse if you skip it once but not later) without compromising the integrity of the story you have envisioned. If it can't be done, then I'd say too bad so sad, sucks to be the Steph haters.

But if you are doing it, the suggestion of another option for "Indifference" by Wolf Plays™ is a good one too.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
As much as I personally would want to hear an explanation, I can understand why there is a significant portion of people who wants nothing to do with Steph any more and would like to skip it.

So, even if only to shut up the people complaining about the presence of Steph, sure why not? But I suspect that will require additional "plot gymnastics" down the road as you have always envisioned her as part of the story.

The real question is, are you willing to spend the effort to figure out how to skip the explanation (and any further interaction with Steph, because the complaining will only get 10x worse if you skip it once but not later) without compromising the integrity of the story you have envisioned. If it can't be done, then I'd say too bad so sad, sucks to be the Steph haters.

But if you are doing it, the suggestion of another option for "Indifference" by Wolf Plays™ is a good one too.
Surprisingly, I really have nothing else to say about Steph. I want DriftyGames to just do his thing. Except for Linda. That's going to make or break point for me. The new Linda is not the Linda I pledged for. Yeah, that's a bit shitty of me to say, but, it is what it is.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018

Let's be very clear about one thing, I didn't hate Steph until she threw the shoe. Prior to that, I considered her a plot device to add drama and pain to the MC, when she threw the shoe she became selfish bitch on top of that.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
I have no issue with Steph being in the story (as long as I can reject her EVERY. SINGLE. TIME). Hell, I'd even enjoy a scene later down the road, when she comes crying at us with more excuses, and catches us fucking Cece or something. :LUL:

Speaking of Cece...Is there a possibility of possibly maybe perhaps, some oh I don't know, BDSM with her? :whistle:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Would you drop the Steph explanation if I made it optional. On all your playthroughs?
No, I'd want an explanation of why Steph left, even when not pursuing her. She hurt the MC, he deserves to know why.

If anything, I've always felt it would be a good idea to listen to ideas. Not to reshape the story in anyway. It branches if you reject Steph anyway, and that would apply equally well with leaving her background story out of it. But if you really felt that the story is better without seeing her again, I should at least consider the option.
Listening to constructive feedback is great up to a point, as long as it's not causing deviations from the original story you're trying to tell. I'm interested in your tale, not crowdsourced storytelling. You'll never please everyone anyway.

Leaving Steph's background out completely seems untenable, since the fact they were together since school and the MC has been moping about her disappearance for >2 years is scattered throughout the game so far. Plus you've previously stated:
The story requires Steph's involvement later on though, and that goes by the original script.
If you simply mean optionally avoiding directly interacting with Steph to get an explanation and minimising her screen time going forward, then by all means, more choices are welcome.

Even in this scenario I'd still want to know why Steph abandoned the MC though, through messaging/email/letter or via her reaching out through Chris/Linda for example. Otherwise those players who decided to avoid her initially would be oblivious to whatever her redemption/explanation arc may be - not everyone plays all routes in branching stories so you may lose the chance to change their opinion of Steph.

True. But, it's not my fault she's the one that caught my eye. When everyone was talking smack about how she looked, even in the college flashback, I didn't care. I'm probably the only one who took the choice of making eye contact with her at the bar and not with Cece. lol
In my LoF multiverse everyone gets every option. Unlimited save slots in Ren'Py are handy...

Personally I wouldn't call Linda the prettiest of the bunch, but still find her delightful and like her horny antics.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
In my LoF multiverse everyone gets every option. Unlimited save slots in Ren'Py are handy...

Personally I wouldn't call Linda the prettiest of the bunch, but still find her delightful and like her horny antics.
You aren't wrong, but, are all the women in RL supermodels? Or is 90% of women, more or less, just normal looking women? Not every woman in an AVN should be the prettiest. Linda was unique to the AVN world as she was. Which is why I gravitated to her. Those 2 experienced a lot of firsts with each other.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say that personally, i'm all the way for something with both Cece and Linda, and secondly, I love the new Linda look in chapter 3. It looks a bit more "gentle" without her being some kind of super model, rather a natural beauty. I find that super refreshing and definitly looking for more with her.
Also congrats for the game Drifty it's really nice so far !

Reactions: mofonistik

RocknRollStar

Dec 11, 2019
for some reason my saves dont work , one wont load or do anything , and the other is just text with rollback etc.... at the bottom , not sure whats happened , is this a regular thing ?

RocknRollStar

Dec 11, 2019
for some reason my saves dont work , one wont load or do anything , and the other is just text with rollback etc.... at the bottom , not sure whats happened , is this a regular thing ?
its ok , i added the walkthrough mod after i started playing so i think it may have affected the saves

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes