MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Plot! Or, thinking more rationally, he does say he never wore it again after that time with her.
And never washed it or decided to donate it/throw it away because of the painful memories it might cause.

Obviously plot requires that he read the note now but the entire idea of a dirty shirt hanging in a closet for two years and then, when you’ve finally started to turn it around, putting it on (despite any memories) without washing it is mildly disgusting. I mean didn’t James even remark that it smells of her?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
And never washed it or decided to donate it/throw it away because of the painful memories it might cause.

Obviously plot requires that he read the note now but the entire idea of a dirty shirt hanging in a closet for two years and then, when you’ve finally started to turn it around, putting it on (despite any memories) without washing it is mildly disgusting. I mean didn’t James even remark that it smells of her?
Yup. He did. Another plot mechanism to try and get your heart strings pumping for her again. I would've washed it at least before wearing something that was in my closet for that long. But, then again, I donate shit I don't wear often.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Maybe controversial...why disgusting? if he wore it for a couple of hours...I'm sorry, it really isn't dirty lol. Jeesh, my exes kids would throw shit in the wash they wore for an hour...used to drive the living shit out of me.

God help any of you living on a boat, you'd run out of clothes within 5 days :p

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Maybe controversial...why disgusting? if he wore it for a couple of hours...I'm sorry, it really isn't dirty lol. Jeesh, my exes kids would throw shit in the wash they wore for an hour...used to drive the living shit out of me.

God help any of you living on a boat, you'd run out of clothes within 5 days :p
Run out of clothes? Because people live on a boat? Ahahaha If you're living on one, then it's like a home, which means there's a laundry facilty onboard. Doubt anyone would run out of clothes. Unless of course they live on a rowboat? lol

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
When you're pining after a lost love...washing a shirt that she last wore, and still smells of her fragrance, is probably something you wouldn't do for a very long time. And choosing it to wear after you've finally made the decision to move on, and forgetting to wash it when you're packing at the very last second...totally can see that too. Don't think it's disgusting myself.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
I'd like to show Steph some love, after a ton of screaming, reprimanding, breaking her and finally making her your obedient little ****. Ah, that'd be nice. Then again, just having more characters with good storylines is good enough for me :)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Run out of clothes? Because people live on a boat? Ahahaha If you're living on one, then it's like a home, which means there's a laundry facilty onboard. Doubt anyone would run out of clothes. Unless of course they live on a rowboat? lol
Hahaha.....research before speaking my padawan. Very rarely washing facilities on yachts....very rarely room for a lot of clothes....and if you're not a marina queen....no services either. So don't be expecting to shower twice a day either...or twice a week for that matter lol.

The point still stands though, why would the shirt be dirty (providing not covered in red wine/pizza sauce etc or that he doesn't sweat like a pig in heat).

When you're pining after a lost love...washing a shirt that she last wore, and still smells of her fragrance, is probably something you wouldn't do for a very long time. And choosing it to wear after you've finally made the decision to move on, and forgetting to wash it when you're packing at the very last second...totally can see that too. Don't think it's disgusting myself.
Thanks. Precisely this. My mother still has shirts in her wardrobe (unwashed) ever since my step-father died 13 years ago for the very reasons you mentioned.

Reactions: gcjellyfish

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hahaha.....research before speaking my padawan. Very rarely washing facilities on yachts....very rarely room for a lot of clothes....and if you're not a marina queen....no services either. So don't be expecting to shower twice a day either...or twice a week for that matter lol.

The point still stands though, why would the shirt be dirty (providing not covered in red wine/pizza sauce etc or that he doesn't sweat like a pig in heat).
If you say. There are yachts and this thing called 'houseboats' my 'young padawan' that have them. So, no, I don't need to research anything. Older, smaller yachts probably don't have them, but, if you're buying a yacht, that should mean you have the money to have all ammenities.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Thanks. Precisely this. My mother still has shirts in her wardrobe (unwashed) ever since my step-father died 13 years ago for the very reasons you mentioned.
It’s his Summer shirt, he wears it during the summer only... Last time he wore it they were at the beach. At minimum that’s sweat, sunscreen, and sand on his shirt. Add in the fact that it still smells like her so that adds perfume and perhaps her sweat or other fluids from sexual activity.
It’s a white shirt so even a tiny bit of dirt is visible. And after two years and, finally, moving on from Steph I’d almost consider it a “ritual” to wash it.

And the MC isn’t on a boat so that’s irrelevant to the conversation. Suffice to say I wouldn’t choose to wear clothing that easily shows dirt and stains if I was somewhere without the ability to wash it.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
People looking at the shirt thing the wrong way. Go grab the Obsession for Men from your nightstand, spray it on a sock. Toss the sock somewhere and let it sit for a few months. Smell it. Not much Obsession for Men smell left. Toss the sock back. Let it sit for two years. Smell it again. Just smells like a sock and maybe a bit of alcohol.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
Maybe controversial...why disgusting? if he wore it for a couple of hours...I'm sorry, it really isn't dirty lol.
There's a reason people keep suits/dresses/etc. they don't wear often in garment bags. I don't care how clean you keep your house, if a shirt has been hanging undisturbed in a closet for several years, shit is going to be dusty (and musty) at the very least.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
People looking at the shirt thing the wrong way. Go grab the Obsession for Men from your nightstand, spray it on a sock. Toss the sock somewhere and let it sit for a few months. Smell it. Not much Obsession for Men smell left. Toss the sock back. Let it sit for two years. Smell it again. Just smells like a sock and maybe a bit of alcohol.
Maybe. But, I have a letter that's many years old that still has a slight smell of perfume left on it.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
It has a lid on it. So, closed.
There you go, no moving air. No pulling clothes out from next to it for years. No exposure to other things circulating, since I'm assuming the guy cooks at some point. Have you seen any doors in his apartment other than the bathroom?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
If you say. There are yachts and this thing called 'houseboats' my 'young padawan' that have them. So, no, I don't need to research anything. Older, smaller yachts probably don't have them, but, if you're buying a yacht, that should mean you have the money to have all ammenities.
Are we really going to play the semantics game over what I meant by living on a boat? My last was a 43, saving for a 47 currently, now even on that size, rarely room/space for a washer and even if there is, water and power concerns usually negate people getting them. (again, unless you're a marina queen that never goes anywhere, much like your 'house boats' or we're discussing 40 million dollar shizzle)

There you go, no moving air. No pulling clothes out from next to it for years. No exposure to other things circulating, since I'm assuming the guy cooks at some point. Have you seen any doors in his apartment other than the bathroom?
If you have that kind of issue (maybe in American wooden houses perhaps) then I would suggest seriously working on your place so windows and such are air-tight, wardrobe/drawer doors close properly etc and you actually, you know, clean your place regularly lol (regardless of whether you removed all the interior doors or not). Have a suit in my wardrobe I've not worn for 3 years, no dust on it or anything else in there.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Are we really going to play the semantics game over what I meant by living on a boat? My last was a 43, saving for a 47 currently, now even on that size, rarely room/space for a washer and even if there is, water and power concerns usually negate people getting them. (again, unless you're a marina queen that never goes anywhere, much like your 'house boats' or we're discussing 40 million dollar shizzle)

If you have that kind of issue (maybe in American wooden houses perhaps) then I would suggest seriously working on your place so windows and such are air-tight, wardrobe/drawer doors close properly etc and you actually, you know, clean your place regularly lol (regardless of whether you removed all the interior doors or not). Have a suit in my wardrobe I've not worn for 3 years, no dust on it or anything else in there.
We have air conditioners here in America. The air circulates. If a person smokes (pick your kind of smoke) or cooks and you ever open the closet door, particulates will get in. If you want to get that pedantic, I'll follow right along with you.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I thought you wanted to argue 'semantics'. I mean, not much else to actually argue about in this post right now. Unless we want to argue on time frame of when the next update, with the forced Steph encounter will drop? Ahahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes