Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
an old expression " BITE ME " all you facepalmers
Ahahaha I get facepalms a lot. People hate the fact that I don't beat around the bush. Apparently that makes me an asshole. I'll accept it. I am an asshole, I tell it like it is and yes, sometimes I say shit that gets me warnings. I'm not PC, so I say shit that upsets snowflakes, but, that's not my problem, it's their's.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
As I've said before, I love the discussions in here. That means that I've done something right, or you're very dedicated people. Probably both, I'm not going to claim all the credit. :)

I see some of you wants me to dip into the more serious part of the story, and some want the more fun part of it. I believe after the slow burn you've been through, it's time to 'dip into' the main li's now. That doesn't mean I won't address some of the unanswered questions though, but it's time for the group to bond a bit more, before all hell breaks loose. And by that, I mean shit hits the fan. You will literally not have enough time to deal with everything. When that time comes, choose wisely (or, I mean, have several playthroughs ofc). Oh, and just to assure you, by 'shit hits the fan' I don't actually mean any housefires or anything like that.

And about the two dialogue changes for Steph. I know it seems bad when a writer changes earlier content/dialogues to seemingly correct an error after a re-write. But the script for LoF was finalized before I started the first render. Minus the dialogues. I have scripted the subjects that needs to be addressed in the scenes, but I do the exact dialogues on the spot when I set up the scene and render in the people in it. That gives me a chance to explore the scene and search for options. I don't need to write a dialogue, because when I see Kira in the bowling alley, I already know what she's going to say based upon her personality. And then I find something in the scene I can play around with. Like a big screen. And an ass. It's hard to script things like that.

The dialogue with Melvin after you take a window-dive was too harsh. It's been a torn in my side for a long time. I waited way to long to change, because I felt you would bash my writing skills because of it. But I realized it had to be done. It was changed to add a bit of uncertainty and consistancy with the (later) explanation from Steph. It was not ment to sway your opinion about her. In fact, I hope you explore both of those branches (although, seeing her face as I walked out on her and leaving her behind after the explanation, was not a good feeling).

And if you feel that I've fucked up the whole Steph route and can't possible correct that in an explanation? Don't loose 'Faith' in me quite yet. At least play Chapter 4 when it's out, and then go bashing my writing skills afterwards. :)

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
The dialogue with Melvin after you take a window-dive was too harsh. It's been a torn in my side for a long time. I waited way to long to change, because I felt you would bash my writing skills because of it. But I realized it had to be done. It was changed to add a bit of uncertainty and consistancy with the (later) explanation from Steph. It was not ment to sway your opinion about her. In fact, I hope you explore both of those branches (although, seeing her face as I walked out on her and leaving her behind after the explanation, was not a good feeling).

And if you feel that I've fucked up the whole Steph route and can't possible correct that in an explanation? Don't loose 'Faith' in me quite yet. At least play Chapter 4 when it's out, and then go bashing my writing skills afterwards. :)
I am interested in hearing what Steph has to say, but I'm not sure I could ever be romantically involved with her.
With the dialogue change with Melvin, I hope Steph is not going to try and tell us she has not been having sex with Melvin. Everyone has there own play style, and I am not interested in someone that is currently with another man.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Very doubtful that any explanation would appease Steph haters at this point, including myself and i don't even hate Steph all that much, i just don't care for her character and sure i might feel bad for her "situation" but feeling bad for someone isn't a reason to keep a relationship going.

Last edited:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I am interested in hearing what Steph has to say, but I'm not sure I could ever be romantically involved with her.
With the dialogue change with Melvin, I hope Steph is not going to try and tell us she has not been having sex with Melvin. Everyone has there own play style, and I am not interested in someone that is currently with another man.
Honestly couldn't care less about who Steph has or has not slept with as that relationship was pretty much already over a few months after she left anyways.

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
*Sigh* I just know I'm gonna need a full bottle and full box tissues for this next update! (For tears you perverted wankers! I don't know what the hell you were thinking of!)

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
Very doubtful that any explanation would appease Steph haters at this point, including myself and i don't even hate Steph all that much, i just don't care for her character and sure i might feel bad for her "situation" but feeling bad for someone isn't a reason to keep a relationship going.
Just to clarify; there seemed to be some speculation that I couldn't possible offer an explanation that would make sense. Or that I fucked writing up along the way. My message was pointed towards that issue. And if you're content with the 5 girls you already have around you, I can fully understand that as well.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
As I've said before, I love the discussions in here. That means that I've done something right, or you're very dedicated people. Probably both, I'm not going to claim all the credit. :)

I see some of you wants me to dip into the more serious part of the story, and some want the more fun part of it. I believe after the slow burn you've been through, it's time to 'dip into' the main li's now. That doesn't mean I won't address some of the unanswered questions though, but it's time for the group to bond a bit more, before all hell breaks loose. And by that, I mean shit hits the fan. You will literally not have enough time to deal with everything. When that time comes, choose wisely (or, I mean, have several playthroughs ofc). Oh, and just to assure you, by 'shit hits the fan' I don't actually mean any housefires or anything like that.

And about the two dialogue changes for Steph. I know it seems bad when a writer changes earlier content/dialogues to seemingly correct an error after a re-write. But the script for LoF was finalized before I started the first render. Minus the dialogues. I have scripted the subjects that needs to be addressed in the scenes, but I do the exact dialogues on the spot when I set up the scene and render in the people in it. That gives me a chance to explore the scene and search for options. I don't need to write a dialogue, because when I see Kira in the bowling alley, I already know what she's going to say based upon her personality. And then I find something in the scene I can play around with. Like a big screen. And an ass. It's hard to script things like that.

i love this game .. can't wait to see what happens next (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Just to clarify; there seemed to be some speculation that I couldn't possible offer an explanation that would make sense. Or that I fucked writing up along the way. My message was pointed towards that issue. And if you're content with the 5 girls you already have around you, I can fully understand that as well.
It's the fact that everything around her has been forced. Then add in the entire basis of her just disappearing for 2 years. Now we have another forced scene where we have to 'listen to her tale of woe and misery' in hopes that we will see the light and take her back. For some of us, we are just rolling with it to get it over and done.

When you showed the render with those choices at the start of her scene, I thought to myself: "Yup, 3 choices on how we are to interact with her and not one of them is the right choice." Not because I feel there should be a "Turn around and leave" choice, but, because you left out one important choice: "Indifference".

I don't hate Steph. It's just been too long to give a shit about her in any aspect anymore. Even being angry with her is giving her too much power over the MC. So, yeah, there's no actual choice in those choices. I want nothing to do with her and the sooner we get that forced scene done, the better.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

(y)(y)(y) Can't wait to see and I always do multuple run throughs, but maybe not on thsi one too much. Only 2 or 3 characters actually interest me in this and only one of those is a 'main' LI. Look forward to the next chapter!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
(y)(y)(y) Can't wait to see and I always do multuple run throughs, but maybe not on thsi one too much. Only 2 or 3 characters actually interest me in this and only one of those is a 'main' LI. Look forward to the next chapter!
I have a few. My main is of course Linda. Then I have a Kira solo, Robin solo(If those will even be possible), Cece and a Lexi save. But, those 'other' saves are still at the club. Ahaha

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think you may have the wrong impression on why some of us dislike Steph.

It is because of your writing but not in the way you think. It's not to bash it, the writing is great, it's the circumstances.

I can only imagine how i'd feel if I was in that position and I know i'm not a guy and feelings may differ and I am an overly emotional person so that may play a part in it.

From my perspective it was a long term relationship where both parties were in love and nothing terrible seemed to be wrong from at least 1 persons point of view.

Then 1 day one of them disappears seemingly without a word leaving only a letter behind that wasn't read at the time.

A state of depression sets in and the person left behind throws themselves into their work to take their mind off things but struggles to move on.

This goes on for a couple of years until events happen that show there is still a life to be had and moving on starts to happen.

People are met, a life is rekindled and the future looks good.

Just as that happens the person that left reappears without warning, tries to pick up where they left off until the bomb drops they are married.

Again, I can only speak from my perspective, but the chances of me being able to forgive someone for that about as high as the possibility of me suddenly shitting gold bars.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

It is because of your writing but not in the way you think. It's not to bash it, the writing is great, it's the circumstances.

I can only imagine how i'd feel if I was in that position and I know i'm not a guy and feelings may differ and I am an overly emotional person so that may play a part in it.

From my perspective it was a long term relationship where both parties were in love and nothing terrible seemed to be wrong from at least 1 persons point of view.

Then 1 day one of them disappears seemingly without a word leaving only a letter behind that wasn't read at the time.

A state of depression sets in and the person left behind throws themselves into their work to take their mind off things but struggles to move on.

This goes on for a couple of years until events happen that show there is still a life to be had and moving on starts to happen.

Just as that happens the person that left reappears without warning, tries to pick up where they left off until the bomb drops they are married.

Again, I can only speak from my perspective, but the chances of me being able to forgive someone for that about as high as the possibility of me suddenly shitting gold bars.
I never thought I'd see the day that I would agree with you on anything. But, I'm glad that someone could explain it properly. I've tried, but, I'm more aggressive with my words.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Agreed, it’s difficult for me to understand why anyone would be okay with someone vanishing for two years without explanation, then coming back and attempting to resume the relationship. The emotional suffering that the MC went through (and Chris has to witness) is too much to forgive.
As Wolf Plays has said it’s not hate its indifference, I wish her a good life with someone else but James needs to move on/has moved on.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes