jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
Now while I have yet to play the game (on to do list), I have been reading the posts here often.

My thoughts so far for Steph isn't as bad as your guys thoughts.
I don't think, it's what you think, about ghosting.....yes she's been gone for two years, even tho her note implied she would be gone for a couple of weeks.

The Answer is simple.......Witness Relocation Program.
I think initially, she was to testify against whoever or whatever, but the case dragged on way too long and probably postponed a lot (depending on who or what organization was involved).
That led to having to put all the witnesses involved into the "Witness Relocation Program" to keep them safe until the final ruling of the case.

She of course cannot reveal any info (of any of it) and she did a pretty good job of it.....even in her note.
Originally it was only going to take a couple of weeks (as she wrote in her note), but Shit Happens and she got stuck having to play wife to someone, she never has or had any interest in.

It would explain a few things too. The case may be in its final stage (so she still can't say shit yet).
She's also thinks (in her mind) that you both still have a relationship (to a small degree), and that she's been thinking about you no stop for all those two years, and her own frustrations (sexual and case wise) has been building ever since (will explain why she jumps on the MC for sex first thing, and still didn't reveal anything yet).

We may be to the point in the story, where the case is pretty much done, so we may now will get answers.

Now if that's the scenario, I'm going to give her a strong chance, only if the Dev will let both talk about it totally and have lots of sex from here on out...Lol.....as well as losing the "husband" fast.

I think I'll wait till the next update, to play....actually looking forward to it now..........Peace!!

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Now while I have yet to play the game (on to do list), I have been reading the posts here often.

My thoughts so far for Steph isn't as bad as your guys thoughts.
I don't think, it's what you think, about ghosting.....yes she's been gone for two years, even tho her note implied she would be gone for a couple of weeks.

The Answer is simple.......Witness Relocation Program.
I think initially, she was to testify against whoever or whatever, but the case dragged on way too long and probably postponed a lot (depending on who or what organization was involved).
That led to having to put all the witnesses involved into the "Witness Relocation Program" to keep them safe until the final ruling of the case.

She of course cannot reveal any info (of any of it) and she did a pretty good job of it.....even in her note.
Originally it was only going to take a couple of weeks (as she wrote in her note), but Shit Happens and she got stuck having to play wife to someone, she never has or had any interest in.

It would explain a few things too. The case may be in its final stage (so she still can't say shit yet).
She's also thinks (in her mind) that you both still have a relationship (to a small degree), and that she's been thinking about you no stop for all those two years, and her own frustrations (sexual and case wise) has been building ever since (will explain why she jumps on the MC for sex first thing, and still didn't reveal anything yet).

We may be to the point in the story, where the case is pretty much done, so we may now will get answers.

Now if that's the scenario, I'm going to give her a strong chance, only if the Dev will let both talk about it totally and have lots of sex from here on out...Lol.....as well as losing the "husband" fast.

I think I'll wait till the next update, to play....actually looking forward to it now..........Peace!!
The only problem with your theory is that the reason she left in the first place was to "protect james" but if what your saying is correct then wouldn't he only be in danger because of her? If whatever/whoever she was in witness protection for knew about james then they would of dealt with him to get to her but again that doesn't really make any kind of logical sense but then again nothing about steph makes any sense.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
My thoughts so far for Steph isn't as bad as your guys thoughts
you realize she's ben married the whole time you had been fucking and dating her ... and your ok with that .... i'm not a big fan of sharing the pussy i am fucking :eek:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
So, it seems a lot of people are pushing the idea that Melvin is gay and that her being gone for 2yrs was because it was a job. That they were 'working together'. None of that makes any sense. At all.

You have sex with Steph at what we assume is her home and when some guy shows up, she tells you: "That's my husband. If he finds you here, he will kill you!" So, we know he's violent. But, if he's gay and this was ONLY a job, why the fuck would he even give a shit what she did? Wouldn't it make more sense that he comes in, catches them and says something like: "Hey, I hope no one saw you bring this guy in here. It could fuck up everything we've done so far."

So, in my mind, that theory makes no sense at all. My theory is that she fucked up, was seeing some violent fuck while we were together, he found out about the MC and threatened to kill him if she didn't just disappear on him. Hence her saying that she fucked up.

Of course DriftyGames can write it and re-write it anyway he wants in hopes that everyone will change their minds on her, but, for me, that letter was the most damning of all evidence. It painted her in an even darker light.
But the idea that Melvin was her real husband also doesn't make sense. At all.

Even leaving out the well-discussed "Pentagon" reference when pointing at a book, there are quite a few clues that she's some sort of trained law enforcement agent.
  • A normal person would give a nice round figure for a guess instead of precisely determining "I give it 12 seconds before he comes through that door".
  • Jumping out of a 2 storeys high window seems to be very "non-event" for her.
  • Steph just walks away from the "marriage" basically in the next few days in Nuke - "Moving on. New life, new possibilities." No divorce. No nothing.
  • Melvin (Nuke handle Swole) comment for the same Nuke - "For what it's worth, you have my eternal respect. It was nice working with you. Good luck."
Add the real life fact that DriftyGames had previously commented on the infamous "Pentagon" picture and essentially said that "the little details do matter", and it seems the "spy theory" is likely likely than the "marriage theory".

But either way, I think we can all agree that DriftyGames had an overall idea on Steph's plot but didn't properly plan out the details, and as a result, mucked it up big time. It's a shame, because so far it's a pretty well-crafted story overall.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
FUCK STEPH she's a slut who cheated on her husband with you and you never knew shit .... until of course you meet her again .. if you decide to go back to her place to fuck her ... then he comes home and your out again FUCK THAT SHIT !!!

• Angry
Reactions: gertru 90

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
But either way, I think we can all agree that @DriftyGames had an overall idea on Steph's plot but didn't properly plan out the details, and as a result, mucked it up big time. It's a shame, because so far it's a pretty well-crafted story overall.
While i mostly agree, i'm not so sure you/we can accurately say DriftyGames has "Mucked it up big time". Once we have all the story details, whatever they may be and if it turns out to be a disappointment, then yeah sure, you/we can say that. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until i know what's going on fully. I know some people will always hate Steph going forward no matter what and if that's how you want to play, that's cool. But it's also pretty neat that others may have something going forward with her. Different strokes and all that. ;)

Reactions: Silver-Argus

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
While i mostly agree, i'm not so sure you/we can accurately say DriftyGames has "Mucked it up big time". Once we have all the story details, whatever they may be and if it turns out to be a disappointment, then yeah sure, you/we can say that. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until i know what's going on fully. I know some people will always hate Steph going forward no matter what and if that's how you want to play, that's cool. But it's also pretty neat that others may have something going forward with her. Different strokes and all that. ;)
Ok, maybe "big time" was an exaggeration. But I think whether it turns out to be the "spy story" or "married story" or even something else entirely, there are some rather obvious inconsistencies that could have been avoided. Maybe "mucked it up a little" then. But given this is DriftyGames first game, it can be chalked up to a learning experience.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
FUCK STEPH she's a slut who cheated on her husband with you and you never knew shit .... until of course you meet her again .. if you decide to go back to her place to fuck her ... then he comes home and your out again FUCK THAT SHIT !!!
Dude, I hate to be in a position of defending Steph but there is nothing in the game that says she was married when she met the MC. The only information we have about her husband comes one of two ways:

1) If the MC doesn't fuck her then Chris tells him that he believes she was married because she was wearing a ring when he saw her at the airport.
OR
2) If the MC does fuck her then she tells you that the man at the door is her husband, that he's violent, can easily harm the MC, that he can't catch them together, and then she orders the MC out the window before turning to fuck Melvin (yes I know that Drifty is once again changing the scene).

If she was working as a spy and Melvin was her "spy" partner then she must have fallen for and married him during those two years she was gone. Or, with the new change, she only calls him her husband as a cover and she wasn't supposed to have the MC there because it would have complicated the mission/blown their cover.

Overall, as I've said, to me Steph is the past and Cece, Lexi, Linda, Robin and/or Kira are the future (Holly's too late to be a real contender). Even if she was a spy on a mission to "save the world" the fact is that she made the choice that her job (which she can walk away from IRL) was more important than the man she loved. And that is all that matters, she chose her priority and it wasn't James. Why should he bother to give her the courtesy of a chance?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dude, I hate to be in a position of defending Steph but there is nothing in the game that says she was married when she met the MC. The only information we have about her husband comes one of two ways:

1) If the MC doesn't fuck her then Chris tells him that he believes she was married because she was wearing a ring when he saw her at the airport.
OR
2) If the MC does fuck her then she tells you that the man at the door is her husband, that he's violent, can easily harm the MC, that he can't catch them together, and then she orders the MC out the window before turning to fuck Melvin (yes I know that Drifty is once again changing the scene).

If she was working as a spy and Melvin was her "spy" partner then she must have fallen for and married him during those two years she was gone. Or, with the new change, she only calls him her husband as a cover and she wasn't supposed to have the MC there because it would have complicated the mission/blown their cover.

Overall, as I've said, to me Steph is the past and Cece, Lexi, Linda, Robin and/or Kira are the future (Holly's too late to be a real contender). Even if she was a spy on a mission to "save the world" the fact is that she made the choice that her job (which she can walk away from IRL) was more important than the man she loved. And that is all that matters, she chose her priority and it wasn't James. Why should he bother to give her the courtesy of a chance?
well in the game i played she is and was married ... don't know what your playing :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83 and Malicre

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
well in the game i played she is and was married ... don't know what your playing :rolleyes:
So you added, in your mind, that she was married before she met the MC then spent almost 3 years with him before disappearing and going back to her husband for 2 years? Even though we know that Steph and Linda knew each other/Linda was aware of Steph, the MC is mid 20's, and he most likely met Steph right after High School?

I can understand disliking a character for what happens IN THE GAME but to add your own spin and make that one of, if not the main, reason you don't like them is just silly. There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike Steph there's no need to add more.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

OR

Or:
3) You had to endure the forced fucking of Steph in the beginning. <--- That is how a lot of us know.

And also:
Fuck Chris and the rodent he rode in on. (Yeah. I know it should say horse, but, fuck that guy. He doesn't deserve a horse.)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Or:
3) You had to endure the forced fucking of Steph in the beginning. <--- That is how a lot of us know.

And also:
Fuck Chris and the rodent he rode in on. (Yeah. I know it should say horse, but, fuck that guy. He doesn't deserve a horse.)
And what did Chris do to deserve such hatred now?

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
He knew she was back and didn't tell us. Another person who took our choice away from us.
why give him a rodeant when he can get back home on foot? I'm certain he could get a spare ticket for Kira but didn't so Steph could do her thing... he only miscalculated that she would lure the MC to her lair

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes