DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
You guys keep saying 2 years but wasn't he actually waiting for closer to 3 years? ill have to replay the game but wasn't it something like 2 years and 8 months?

EDIT: Yup just went back threw the game, she left 2 years, 10 months and 3 days ago, almost 3 years.
For clarification

In the shower scene at the start of the story:
"(I haven't seen her in...almost 2 years now?)"

At the burger store:
ch "Anyway, how long were you with her? 3 years?"
me "2 years, 10 months and 3 days."
ch "Really, dude? You know the exact number of days..."

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You guys keep saying 2 years but wasn't he actually waiting for closer to 3 years? ill have to replay the game but wasn't it something like 2 years and 8 months?

EDIT: Yup just went back threw the game, she left 2 years, 10 months and 3 days ago, almost 3 years.
For clarification

In the shower scene at the start of the story:
"(I haven't seen her in...almost 2 years now?)"

At the burger store:
ch "Anyway, how long were you with her? 3 years?"
me "2 years, 10 months and 3 days."
ch "Really, dude? You know the exact number of days..."
Yes! I am not the only one who totally misread or misremembered the time period! Woot!

I mean... Thank you for clarifying that once again Mr Drifty, sir. :D

Reactions: DriftyGames

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
The only way I can see that will make me take her back, is if it's forced. I really don't see Drifty writing it like that. Despite the initial release of the game and being forced to fuck her.

Reactions: Dr.Jan Itor

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
So...

Things with Steph seem to be changing a lot, the first chapter scene was already modified two times since release. What i'm really curious is what was the original plan for her, before the backlash and all, because something tells me it changed a lot.

About hearing her out, i don't have a problem with it, i'm the kind of guy to give everyone a fair shake, but one thing is if it will matter if we didn't bang her in the first chapter. If doing that is needed for being in her path, something tells me it will be one hell of a problem to making players engage with her.

It just doesn't feel right to me, and i don't even hate the girl, it's just having self-worth and a little bit of pride.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
So...

Things with Steph seem to be changing a lot, the first chapter scene was already modified two times since release. What i'm really curious is what was the original plan for her, before the backlash and all, because something tells me it changed a lot.

About hearing her out, i don't have a problem with it, i'm the kind of guy to give everyone a fair shake, but one thing is if it will matter if we didn't bang her in the first chapter. If doing that is needed for being in her path, something tells me it will be one hell of a problem to making players engage with her.

It just doesn't feel right to me, and i don't even hate the girl, it's just having self-worth and a little bit of pride.
To be fair, Drifty has probably gotten a few headaches from all the Steph talk. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ExDeath730

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So...

I hope that Drifty has it that the player/MC can grow to want Steph back without having sex with her in Chapter 1. I don't think that it makes sense to hinge it on that one scene, especially as a lot of people decided to tell her to go to hell. In all honesty I wish we could have had a "scene" at the club where Steph tries to screw you in the bathroom or somewhere else so that we'd skip the following:
1) The missed time between the club and Steph's place
2) being interrupted by Melvin (which has caused nothing but problems for players - the violent nature of the "husband", the fact that Melvin is her "husband", the jumping out of a window naked, etc)
3) it gives Drifty many reasons to interrupt the sex scene (people walk in, MC says no, etc)
4) The MC doesn't know where Steph lives and so there's no curiosity as to why he didn't just head back there a day later/two days later to confront her.

The only reason a bathroom fuck scene doesn't make sense (besides the fact that it's a club having a sneak peek event) is the shoe. For some reason the shoe is important and there's no reasonable explanation for the MC to have her shoe.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So...

I honestly think the entire Steph thing was originally meant to be a redemption for her. That she royally fucked up and now she has to eat shit to try and get the MC back. MC being so in love with her that he would immediately fall back into line with her and the story would carry on from that point of the MC being understanding. While offering the MC a chance to cheat on her. I can't say for sure.

But, quite a bit of the player base only saw that as a 'kick in the teeth' sort of thing.

Reactions: Blayo

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I honestly think the entire Steph thing was originally meant to be a redemption for her. That she royally fucked up and now she has to eat shit to try and get the MC back. MC being so in love with her that he would immediately fall back into line with her and the story would carry on from that point of the MC being understanding. While offering the MC a chance to cheat on her. I can't say for sure.

But, quite a bit of the player base only saw that as a 'kick in the teeth' sort of thing.
i tend to agree with you on Steph .. i really don't like her at all .... time to move on

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So, it seems a lot of people are pushing the idea that Melvin is gay and that her being gone for 2yrs was because it was a job. That they were 'working together'. None of that makes any sense. At all.

You have sex with Steph at what we assume is her home and when some guy shows up, she tells you: "That's my husband. If he finds you here, he will kill you!" So, we know he's violent. But, if he's gay and this was ONLY a job, why the fuck would he even give a shit what she did? Wouldn't it make more sense that he comes in, catches them and says something like: "Hey, I hope no one saw you bring this guy in here. It could fuck up everything we've done so far."

So, in my mind, that theory makes no sense at all. My theory is that she fucked up, was seeing some violent fuck while we were together, he found out about the MC and threatened to kill him if she didn't just disappear on him. Hence her saying that she fucked up.

Of course DriftyGames can write it and re-write it anyway he wants in hopes that everyone will change their minds on her, but, for me, that letter was the most damning of all evidence. It painted her in an even darker light.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018

It makes sense tho because there are guys in real life who will pine for a girl regardless of the reasons. Some people give cheaters/liars a 2nd and even 3rd chance, it just depends on what type of person you are. Honestly i couldn't care less if shes married or is sleeping around because at that point i would have already assumed that the relationship was over. i can forgive Steph for everything but i could never start another relationship with someone like that and that's mainly just because i don't like people who hold massive secrets and she also took the choice out of the MC's hands which was another no go for me.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
It makes sense tho because there are guys in real life who will pine for a girl regardless of the reasons. Some people give cheaters/liars a 2nd and even 3rd chance, it just depends on what type of person you are. Honestly i couldn't care less if shes married or is sleeping around because at that point i would have already assumed that the relationship was over. i can forgive Steph for everything but i could never start another relationship with someone like that and that's mainly just because i don't like people who hold massive secrets and she also took the choice out of the MC's hands which was another no go for me.
I know there are people like that. I have a name for them, which I won't say here. But, it's a done deal. Say what you want now get the fuck out of my life.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
So, it seems a lot of people are pushing the idea that Melvin is gay and that her being gone for 2yrs was because it was a job. That they were 'working together'. None of that makes any sense. At all.

You have sex with Steph at what we assume is her home and when some guy shows up, she tells you: "That's my husband. If he finds you here, he will kill you!" So, we know he's violent. But, if he's gay and this was ONLY a job, why the fuck would he even give a shit what she did? Wouldn't it make more sense that he comes in, catches them and says something like: "Hey, I hope no one saw you bring this guy in here. It could fuck up everything we've done so far."

So, in my mind, that theory makes no sense at all. My theory is that she fucked up, was seeing some violent fuck while we were together, he found out about the MC and threatened to kill him if she didn't just disappear on him. Hence her saying that she fucked up.

Of course DriftyGames can write it and re-write it anyway he wants in hopes that everyone will change their minds on her, but, for me, that letter was the most damning of all evidence. It painted her in an even darker light.
I agree. The only thing that changes is 2 sentences, so she does not immediately go from fucking MC to fucking Melvin.
Not sure how this suddenly makes him gay.
If it is just a job, why has Melvin seen her naked before.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes