wolvesaber

Jun 20, 2020
why most of us hate chris.jpg a best friend shouldn't keep secrets from them.. even when there ex desides to show up texting there best friend over there ex that they are going to show up in town.. chris is there for the ride knowing he rather be single an the mc can pick up any girl he likes..

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Chris has kept things from us. I 'personally believe' he knows a lot more than our 'best buddy' is letting on....
He knew she was back and didn't tell us. Another person who took our choice away from us.
He kept one thing from us, that doesn't mean he is a co-conspirator or the "guy in the chair" for Steph in "Operation: Get James Back".

Sure I've speculated that he might know more of what happened but, as of right now, the only thing he has done is keep the fact that Steph was back from the MC. And I can understand that, he doesn't want to see his best friend spiral back into the dark hole that he was in for the last two years. In addition IIRC Chris apologized for not telling James that.

There's so much vitriol surrounding these characters when we are only 3 updates into the game. For all we know by the end Chris will be an amazing best friend, Steph will defuse a bomb set to blow up Lexi's airplane, and someone else may turn out to be the worst person ever (Ok, I doubt that. Steph is still #1 on the "nuh-uh, not gonna do it" list).

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
He kept one thing from us, that doesn't mean he is a co-conspirator or the "guy in the chair" for Steph in "Operation: Get James Back".

Sure I've speculated that he might know more of what happened but, as of right now, the only thing he has done is keep the fact that Steph was back from the MC. And I can understand that, he doesn't want to see his best friend spiral back into the dark hole that he was in for the last two years. In addition IIRC Chris apologized for not telling James that.

There's so much vitriol surrounding these characters when we are only 3 updates into the game. For all we know by the end Chris will be an amazing best friend, Steph will defuse a bomb set to blow up Lexi's airplane, and someone else may turn out to be the worst person ever (Ok, I doubt that. Steph is still #1 on the "nuh-uh, not gonna do it" list).
I see your point, but, I'm just that guy who if you fuck me once, I'm done.

Reactions: wolvesaber

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Which is why I contually laugh at the haters in this thread...it's just too funny...and incredible kudos to drifty really.

As for apologising...right..so ok for chris to apologise (all is forgiven)...but not Steph? See how that works? Why all the vitriol in here is so amusing...however...very easy to apologise for something when it's out in the open. What is it people say...not sorry for doing what they did, only sorry because they got caught?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Which is why I contually laugh at the haters in this thread...it's just too funny...and incredible kudos to drifty really.

As for apologising...right..so ok for chris to apologise (all is forgiven)...but not Steph? See how that works? Why all the vitriol in here is so amusing...however...very easy to apologise for something when it's out in the open. What is it people say...not sorry for doing what they did, only sorry because they got caught?
Thing is, I don't forgive either of them. The other people who can forgive one or the other are, well, I have a word for them. Just not going to say. But, I will say that the ones who only forgive Chris are ones who probably believe "Bros before hoes".

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Thing is, I don't forgive either of them. The other people who can forgive one or the other are, well, I have a word for them. Just not going to say. But, I will say that the ones who only forgive Chris are ones who probably believe "Bros before hoes".
Say it hehehe....

Fo me, Steph did something horrible (emotionally). We have no idea why she did it yet, so any 'sane' person would at least wait to find out what that is before condemning her to Satan for all eternity. Chris, he has zero excuses for witholding info/lying/not being upfront with his supposed best and closest friend...so yes, when it comes to Chris, I'm right with you.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Say it hehehe....

Fo me, Steph did something horrible (emotionally). We have no idea why she did it yet, so any 'sane' person would at least wait to find out what that is before condemning her to Satan for all eternity. Chris, he has zero excuses for witholding info/lying/not being upfront with his supposed best and closest friend...so yes, when it comes to Chris, I'm right with you.
No. Not going to say it. There's too many snowflakes on this site and I don't want another official warning. lol Personally, I don't give a flying fuck of the why. That note said it all. So, I may have to listen to her, but, it's not going to change how I feel about her.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I see your point, but, I'm just that guy who if you fuck me once, I'm done.
Okay, well that's good to know in case I plan to fuck you over, but that's not the MC. You aren't James, despite our ability to rename him and attempt to put ourselves "in his shoes". Essentially the character as presented, so far, seems unlikely to get rid of Chris and Steph may be despicable for her behavior but she still matters to the MC.

Say it hehehe....

If your friend makes one mistake by keeping a secret from you and you hate him forever then I hope you never make mistakes either. So I hope that James has never done anything to hurt or betray Chris if that is the standard that we are adhering to with this game. Chris thought he was protecting his best friend from the woman who emotionally destroyed him 2 years ago. That's a reasonable but wrong way to try to protect someone from being hurt again.

There is too much story to go for there to be so much hatred for Chris at this point (or even Steph for that matter). I get the Steph issue, Drifty presented her wrong from the beginning and now is trying to find a way to correct that problem (good luck!). But as "beta testers" we should be mindful of the fact that the game will change/is changing and when we get to the end we may hold different opinions than we do now.

And I don't feel that Chris is a villain.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Okay, well that's good to know in case I plan to fuck you over, but that's not the MC. You aren't James, despite our ability to rename him and attempt to put ourselves "in his shoes". Essentially the character as presented, so far, seems unlikely to get rid of Chris and Steph may be despicable for her behavior but she still matters to the MC.
Hmm.. So, I'm not allowed to play the game my way? If that's the case, then, DriftyGames should remove all the choices and make the game a kinetic novel. But, there are choices and when I play a game, the MC takes on my characteristics.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

If your friend makes one mistake by keeping a secret from you and you hate him forever then I hope you never make mistakes either. So I hope that James has never done anything to hurt or betray Chris if that is the standard that we are adhering to with this game. Chris thought he was protecting his best friend from the woman who emotionally destroyed him 2 years ago. That's a reasonable but wrong way to try to protect someone from being hurt again.

There is too much story to go for there to be so much hatred for Chris at this point (or even Steph for that matter). I get the Steph issue, Drifty presented her wrong from the beginning and now is trying to find a way to correct that problem (good luck!). But as "beta testers" we should be mindful of the fact that the game will change/is changing and when we get to the end we may hold different opinions than we do now.

And I don't feel that Chris is a villain.
All very fair points indeed (y)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hmm.. So, I'm not allowed to play the game my way? If that's the case, then, DriftyGames should remove all the choices and make the game a kinetic novel. But, there are choices and when I play a game, the MC takes on my characteristics.
That obviously wasn't what I said, no need to be so obtuse, my point is that within the framework of the game you aren't going to have the ability to get rid of people you don't like because you believe that one mistake is too much to forgive. Supposedly Chris and James have been best friends for a long time, I am sure mistakes have been made by both of them throughout the relationship. Yet, according to you, the fact that Chris felt protective of James, and wanted to spare him any more suffering because of Steph, now Chris should be thrown out with the trash.

You can try to play the game with your characteristics, however that doesn't mean that Drifty is going to give you options that correspond to those characteristics or that you will like. That was my point.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That obviously wasn't what I said, no need to be so obtuse, my point is that within the framework of the game you aren't going to have the ability to get rid of people you don't like because you believe that one mistake is too much to forgive. Supposedly Chris and James have been best friends for a long time, I am sure mistakes have been made by both of them throughout the relationship. Yet, according to you, the fact that Chris felt protective of James, and wanted to spare him any more suffering because of Steph, now Chris should be thrown out with the trash.

You can try to play the game with your characteristics, however that doesn't mean that Drifty is going to give you options that correspond to those characteristics or that you will like. That was my point.
I understand that, but, DriftyGames did say he was looking for ways that the MC can distance himself from Chris.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

This unfortunately is the nature of 'all games'....they are telling a specific story and we only have at the most an illusion of choice. Regardless of those choices, we will end up in the same places. Something we just have to roll with unfortunately. Hell, even multi-million AAA studio's are forced to do this...they are all the same ultimately bar any seperate endings.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I understand that, but, DriftyGames did say he was looking for ways that the MC can distance himself from Chris.
I think what he meant by that was to not have it that the MC is always partying with Chris. Not sure about you but I'd hate to be shagging a woman while my best friend is in the other room entertaining all the other women who want me to shag them... LOL

At this point Chris is a 6th wheel? Only counting the women at Lexi's house... LOL, including Steph and Holly he is an eighth wheel.

This unfortunately is the nature of 'all games'....they are telling a specific story and we only have at the most an illusion of choice. Regardless of those choices, we will end up in the same places. Something we just have to roll with unfortunately. Hell, even multi-million AAA studio's are forced to do this...they are all the same ultimately bar any seperate endings.
Yeah, fucking Bioware assholes giving us hope and then ruining it by making us pick a color...

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I think what he meant by that was to not have it that the MC is always partying with Chris. Not sure about you but I'd hate to be shagging a woman while my best friend is in the other room entertaining all the other women who want me to shag them... LOL

At this point Chris is a 6th wheel? Only counting the women at Lexi's house... LOL, including Steph and Holly he is an eighth wheel.

Yeah, fucking Bioware assholes giving us hope and then ruining it by making us pick a color...
I just don't want to be partying with him at all. Yes, I know I won't be able to curb stomp him or tell him to fuck off, but, hopefully we can actually do things without having him up our asses. Given the choice anyways.

Reactions: Maviarab

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
I just don't want to be partying with him at all. Yes, I know I won't be able to curb stomp him or tell him to fuck off, but, hopefully we can actually do things without having him up our asses. Given the choice anyways.
Well there is affinity/relationship tracker in this game,so I guess you could choose all the negative choices regarding him leading upto the whole fuck off situation.I do believe Drifty will implement this through new builds.Same goes for the female cast. :D

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, Chris, presumably, has a job he has to get back to whereas James was laid off and has nothing else to do. Robin and Kira have jobs too so they can't hang out forever either. Only Cece and your girl have "limitless" time since they don't have jobs (as far as we know). Though I am sure they both want to find jobs and get their own place. Lexi and Steph may be the only people who have free time (but not as much as James). Holly we know nothing about.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
So you added, in your mind, that she was married before she met the MC then spent almost 3 years with him before disappearing and going back to her husband for 2 years? Even though we know that Steph and Linda knew each other/Linda was aware of Steph, the MC is mid 20's, and he most likely met Steph right after High School?

I can understand disliking a character for what happens IN THE GAME but to add your own spin and make that one of, if not the main, reason you don't like them is just silly. There are plenty of valid reasons to dislike Steph there's no need to add more.
she's a sic cheating bitch !!!

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes