Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
That's what made me sad, to think that the VN would be ending in this chapter. But as I said before, I see a lot of potential in this game. Hopefully Drifty will keep going for a long time to come...And true that, he deserves a lot of patrons to keep his work going =D

I love Cece as well, but for now, I'm anxious to see things developing with Lexi!

#TeamLexi
Yeah there is a lot more potential, hopefully he doesn't rush things (not to mention if its fleshed out more the fanbase will get bigger too, short games have less fans).

I'm very excited for the Lexi path as well in the next update, hope there is a lot of content..she deserves more screentime.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
No not over, I think their relationship will develop further in Chapter 5 but I'm saying that the other girls clearly won't be available anymore and you are exclusively with Cece from now on. At least that's how it seems like to me
To be fair there is an outlier and that would be Holly. We do know that drifty is planning on making her an LI down the road but have no more details except the fact that she will have a lesser role in the story and i've always assumed that you will only get her route if you turn down all the girls in chapter 4.

It seems like the planned endings are:

Steph (Confirmed)
Lexi (Confirmed)
Cece (Confirmed)
Linda (Confirmed)
Kira (Confirmed)
Robin (Confirmed)
Holly (Confirmed)
Alone(?) (No Confirmation, just speculation)
Kira/Robin/MC (?) (No Confirmation, just speculation)

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
I thought I'd fill you in on the 58-endings scenario.

After I'd released Chapter 2, someone asked me on my Discord how many endings I had planned. I counted, and replied 58. I also tried to emphasize that these aren't real endings, as I write the endings from the girls/Chris PoV. That means that some of these end-game outcomes requires a lot of work (the wholesome endings), while some requires just a few render screens.

Somehow the '58' number stuck, rather than the explanation of what 58 meant. With seven girls, one sidekick, and some story related content, that amounts up to a whole lot of different outcomes, meaning you also see somewhere between 7-12 'endings' on one playthrough. You do not need to play through the game 58 times to see them all. Theoretically, I'd say you can manage to see them all in 8-9 playthroughs if you min/maximize, which should amount up to roughly the number of girls/threesome in the story - though you will have to do different choices all through the game to see them all.

Also, the number changes constantly to which direction I go in game. I add and remove outcomes due to the story. The real answer is probably 'around 58 end scenarios'.

And I can assure you that the game does not end with you choosing a girl. It merely marks the half-way point. Both chapter 5 and 6 will force you on a route that at some point separates you from your chosen one, and how you treat those you didn't choose at that point also plays a major factor in the game and it's outcome.

tl;dr
  • there are not 58 unique endings in the game
  • we're not close to the end yet (December 22nd will mark the half way point). :)

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
I believe there is a point that should be stressed a bit more. Drifty has made such a good job that, when it comes to soundtrack and ambience, he surpassed (or at least is in equal footing) even the triple-A VNs around here *cough* BaDIK and CoBD* *cough*

Amazing job, with much less funding. You deserve a lot more patrons, Drifty!

And can't wait for more Lexi content...Really excited to see way more of her!

#TeamLexi

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
For a while now LoF has been the benchmark that I use and quote for renders, "cinematography", story and hotness of girls. I had played it through to and kind of considered it "ended" because I had got the girl I wanted and everything was great even though I knew the actual game wasn't over. I put it aside and didn't even read this thread for a long time. For some reason I dropped in today and was reading some stuff here and thought "hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I......" and decided to start up LoF again (partly just because it's beautiful) and play through for a different path.

THEN I read Drifty's post about the 58 endings.....

....challenge accepted :ROFLMAO: .....

I know some of those are just what happens to everyone else after you've made your choices - but now I have to find out what all 58 are dangit! Can't dangle something like that out there and not expect someone to pounce on it. Gonna have to figure out what all the main endings are as things progress to make all the peripheral endings happen as well. Might have to start an Excel spreadsheet, or a flowchart on the wall, or..........

can you tell I'm an Engineer?

Reactions: DriftyGames

espy85

Sep 28, 2019
I thought I'd fill you in on the 58-endings scenario.

After I'd released Chapter 2, someone asked me on my Discord how many endings I had planned. I counted, and replied 58. I also tried to emphasize that these aren't real endings, as I write the endings from the girls/Chris PoV. That means that some of these end-game outcomes requires a lot of work (the wholesome endings), while some requires just a few render screens.

Somehow the '58' number stuck, rather than the explanation of what 58 meant. With seven girls, one sidekick, and some story related content, that amounts up to a whole lot of different outcomes, meaning you also see somewhere between 7-12 'endings' on one playthrough. You do not need to play through the game 58 times to see them all. Theoretically, I'd say you can manage to see them all in 8-9 playthroughs if you min/maximize, which should amount up to roughly the number of girls/threesome in the story - though you will have to do different choices all through the game to see them all.

Also, the number changes constantly to which direction I go in game. I add and remove outcomes due to the story. The real answer is probably 'around 58 end scenarios'.

And I can assure you that the game does not end with you choosing a girl. It merely marks the half-way point. Both chapter 5 and 6 will force you on a route that at some point separates you from your chosen one, and how you treat those you didn't choose at that point also plays a major factor in the game and it's outcome.

tl;dr
  • there are not 58 unique endings in the game
  • we're not close to the end yet (December 22nd will mark the half way point). :)
I feel a little guilty because maybe it was me who triggered the hysteria about a premature end of the game.
I'm happy I was wrong and now I'm very curious to see how it will go, even the part where you say that we could review the choices made today, intrigued me a lot. As mentioned in a previous post, I still got some ideas.
I guess that phone call has to do with Stephanie that she ignores when she joins us in the bar. I believe the government will ask you to return to duty again.
Cece will have to face the demons that the girl carries inside.
Robin and Kira will need to find balance in a 3-way story.
With the two childhood friends I have not explored the story, I will be all a surprise.
Then there's Lexi, her job, her friendships (I don't trust Holly, she looks like the classic life-ruining friend, and she just happens to know stephanie too).
Good Job author, I can't wait to play again and sorry if maybe I have unleashed the hysteria.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I have repeatedly stated on the BaDIK forum, that while DPC does great renders, and his wingmen are good, the rest of his work, ie writing the story, falls far behind Drifty, Kinky Shop, Notty, PhillyGames, Motkeyz, and others. Drifty, your story is compelling, and great. I will find all 58 endings if I am able, but I may spend most of my time on Lexi
:D

Sep 9, 2020
I am rather new here (and to this type of games). So far I have only felt the urge to post when something was really good and where most stories didn't pull me in, this one does. Even though the secret agent thingy seems a little farfetched (what' Steph’s age?), the Cece and Lexi lines are intriguing and compelling. I think the dev has done an outstanding job at creating a story that is 'adult' enough without luring the characters into ridiculous situations, where the only goal seems to bang as many women as possible. The '58' ending saga for me is a non-discussion (personal opinion) and I am very curious on how the next 4 chapters will evolve. So keep up the good work and hopefully don't make us wait too long...

On a personal note (if anyone should be interested):
Cece peeks my interest with her outcome
Lexi is just way-out beautiful
Steph kills me, it makes me love/hate her route, but she keeps dragging me in (too close to my own reality when I was younger/ not the secret agent thing)

Reactions: ename144

espy85

Sep 28, 2019
It is not so strange that government agencies are recruiting young people (always 18+ anyway). Of course in this case there are forcings, but as they are found in various anime and movies or serials.

inva_

May 24, 2020
It's funny how I ended crying with this story, I was only looking for a good fap :( This is one of my favourite games overall, great story, characters, renders and even the music is on point.

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
I found it a bit hard to believe at first too that she is a kind of agent or something, but it's not like she could be older than she looks too, i don't remember when the story said MC and Steph met but unless it was way earlier in school it could be.

It's funny how I ended crying with this story, I was only looking for a good fap :( This is one of my favourite games overall, great story, characters, renders and even the music is on point.
If you liked that, you know, the feels, you might like the game that coined "Came for the fap, stayed for the feels" Katawa Shoujo. But carefull with that one, that (possibly) really hurts and leaves a mark.

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019

Firstly, here's a little CyberCece for you.

But other than doing this Cece special, it's not been any Cyberpunk for me. All of this week has been about finishing up as much rendering and posing of what I have planned for this release, so I can start the polishing. And I'm getting there - slowly but surely.

I have 2 (to 3) animations left to pose, along with another animation that is rendering right now. I'm also down to my 70 last static renders. Current render count is 1.325 static renders and more than 7.000 animation frames. I honestly don't know the exact amount because I had to re-render a huge part of the last big animation, and the animation folder is a mess right now because of it. But I know I'm getting close to 4 full minutes of 60fps animation.

This weekend I'll be playing this full Chapter 4 for the first time. The first version is always very crude and need a lot of corrections and stitching to help with the story flow, but I'm looking forward to opening the game and hearing that menu tune again and get the feel for the completed version.

And in 1.5 weeks, so will you. :)

ps: to the $30 tier and above, check out for this months customs with probably the finest Cece render I have ever done and to add yourself to the in game credits if you aren't already credited.

Enjoy your weekend, with Cyberpunk or not. And stay safe.

// Drifty

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
I knew it! I knew Drifty was going to make us sweat after we 'chose' our girl. You evil genius bastard wonderful developer! I can't wait to see what's in store!

And to respond to the people thinking the first half of the game feels 'rushed'. I think that, yeah, the rate of events in the game is obviously artificially quicker than you'd expect in a completely realistic story. So, if that's what you're wanting or expecting then I can understand your reaction. But I think that's mainly a case of approaching the game with the wrong set of expectations.

Just as there are fast-paced page-turner books that pump up the drama and action to 11 at the expense of realism, so too VN's can be designed for a somewhat-grounded, but objectively unrealistic situation. And that's where I think some of the great VN's, like LOF, succeed wildly.

Without question, the timeline of events feels compressed and accelerated beyond the bounds of reality. Likewise, the fact that a whole bunch of extremely attractive women are vying for the mc's attention in a few short days is also pretty insane. Let's face it, there are just some aspects to AVN's that will never be 'realistic'. But....damned it it isn't compelling all the same! There's a reason why page-turner books regularly feature in the best seller lists. There's a reason why action blockbuster movies sell more tickets than serious cerebral movies. They're awesome and entertaining experiences. They get the adrenaline of the reader going despite the fact that the pace of events is often unrealistic.

And yes, there are amazing realism-centric books and movies out there too. They can also be profoundly moving. But I don't think that's going to be particularly easy to achieve in an AVN. And I don't think that's what LOF is intended to be. It's a romantic thriller: an action-packed, emotional roller-coaster ride that will definitely feel like it ends before you really want it to, but you'll just want to immediately ride it again because it felt so great while you were on it. Complaining about it feeling rushed is like complaining that you didn't have time to enjoy the scenic vistas from the top of the roller-coaster track. IMO, it misses the point of the ride.

That said, I'm still waiting for Drifty's director's cut that features the full 1000 lines from Steph's explanation about her disappearance. More is more! I'm a patient man. I'll just keep waiting. :D

Reactions: DA22

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
All that's left to do now is to finish up the rest of the render queue, a whole lot of post-editing, scripting, then finally to play test a lot. I'm having a lot of fun making this, and I hope that it reflects in game.

And thx guys. Really! You put a smile on my face.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Drifty,
You are definitely telling an entrancing story. I find myself wanting a harem even though this isn't a harem game just because it is hard to not want more than one girl. Granted we have a thruple route, at least it appears so, but my thruples would be Linda and Cece, Lexi and whoever, because she is my favorite by far, Holly and Steph, and of course our already lesbian/bi couple....

58 endings.. very daunting, Keep up the great work man

Reactions: HogRocket

inva_

May 24, 2020
I found it a bit hard to believe at first too that she is a kind of agent or something, but it's not like she could be older than she looks too, i don't remember when the story said MC and Steph met but unless it was way earlier in school it could be.

If you liked that, you know, the feels, you might like the game that coined "Came for the fap, stayed for the feels" Katawa Shoujo. But carefull with that one, that (possibly) really hurts and leaves a mark.
I actually don't know if I'm strong enough to handle that, just by reading the overview seems like a deep game, even Acting lessons hurt me hard, so I might give it a try at least:)

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I actually don't know if I'm strong enough to handle that, just by reading the overview seems like a deep game, even Acting lessons hurt me hard, so I might give it a try at least:)
Acting Lessons was far less well written, contrived and bullshit endings, and over all a very poorly done AVN.
Leap of Faith is so far above AL and BADIK for that matter.
Better MC, Better Wingman, Awesome girls.

Nuff said

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019

Christmas is almost here. And so is LoF release date. Yikes.

Captain's log, Stardate 45941 or thereabouts

Currently I'm adding the very latest corrections before building the beta test version that will be distributed to the testers a bit later today. This weekend I'll be working on the bonus scene along with correcting what the testers find of hiccups and my 'late night engrish' spellies.

Also, I have to apologize for being late with this months custom's for the Leap of Faith tier. They will most likely be done this weekend.

It's been a very hectic 2 months, but I'm almost there. This night, for once I actually fell asleep without being worried I'd manage the release date, so that must be a good sign.

The in-game screen counter will finally break the 10,000 mark, made up of around 1,500 static renders and the total animation length is advancing up towards 4:30.

Things to remember before playing Leap of Faith v0.4.5 on the 22nd.
Your existing save games:
  • If your current saves were made in a modded version, they will not work.
  • If your current saves were made in a compressed version, they most likely will not work.
  • If you have decompiled the game (by using unren or similar), your current saves might not work.
Versions:
  • Full version (around 4GB) will be available on Mega, Google Drive and . You can install to any location. You old saves will still be available in the game.
  • Patch/Update version (around 2.5GB) will be available on Mega and Google Drive. You need v0.3.1 or newer to update your game. The update needs to be copied to your existing game folder.

That's it for now. Take care, and I hope to see you all on Tuesday.

// Drifty

Kambabolsa

Oct 9, 2020
Guys this game should be in steam as well as Being A Dik, was commented to the DEV if it is possible to take it out in steam as well ?

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes