Shadu

Mar 8, 2018
Is holly not an option? I thought “i should try get some sleep” was lowkey a holly option but still make you choose the others and i know holly isnt a chris only option cause u can choose not to help him or hook up with linda also

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
help, I recently downloaded my desperately anticipated update... (can't get enough of Lexi...;) ) only for this to happen... LoF.PNG

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Because this would have made one of the best harem game out there then he hit the brakes and said nope screw you pick a girl after you have immersed yourself into each of the girls stories. i have had events in my RL i can relate to with with a couple of the girls yet i now have to choose and i just stopped playing.. The story would not even have to change and you already have girls primed for sharing him yet you are shut down. I will stop for now and watch the game if he changes his mind and wants to draw in more patreons by going harem i may be back. that choice is not fair to the girls as they all need him in one way or the other and its not fair to the player that has immersed themself into the girls stories.

Each to their own, I guess. Drifty's female characters are well-rounded enough not to treat them like the meaningless vaginas-on-a-stick found in many games on this board. IMHO, a Harem route is so antithetical to the game world and characters Drifty has developed so far. I find it refreshing to encounter an adult game where the main male characters more or less act like normal males from real life.

I am not aiming this at you but rather your comment about drawing in more Patreons - if developers routinely caved in to every fetish of their Patreons, then no doubt Drifty would have descended to a level of at least one character being the MC's mother, others being his sisters, and the remainder the MC's daughters... all of whom would join the MC's slavish Harem...

D

Deleted member 1939093

I consider this game the best in history.
From the beginning, the game refers to that, the girls' choices
From what I've read in the last 100 pages, many support your ideas, so it's okay that you like the harem game.
I like history, he wrote his story and I hope it continues his story.
At the beginning he introduced the girls and their differences, at EP4 he is already halfway there, that's where his choices start.
He doesn't have to please all his audiences, as no developer has ever achieved this feat with praise.
It is better to have patron who like your job than to have 1k or 2k of people crying for this and that.
He's doing something new and different and you prefer him to be like everyone else.
I am not against you as a harem, just understand that he is doing something new and different.
And many support and respect him for that, for being different.
Developer has my support and my respect.
He can even make the EP Extra Harém if he thinks he needs it, just to serve this niche, but he wouldn't do it in his place.

MC doesn't need to be in Harem to help the girls.
Harem help? I thought it was just fuck and screw the world, am I wrong?
MC already helps them since the beginning without even ta fucking them, am I wrong?

Don't be offended, I just don't see your logic being applied to this game in question.
Well most of the games that started with the "family incest harem" theme have now been stripped of the harem tag just for the sake of multiple endings(Where the Heart Is, Retrieving the Past, Intertwined, No More Secrets, and many others I can't remember rn) and good harem games are hard to find as most games start with multiple LIs and then turn into a fuckfest midway and finally drop the "no harem" bomb in the end.
Harem is not just "group sex forever with many women without jealousy", it's having an emotional and rational attachment to each and every person that MC is in a relationship with and the same is reciprocated towards the MC. The female characters should be in a relationship with each other instead of being "just comfortable having sex with each other". This implies that the MC should be attracted to each and every character, their traits, differences and respects their decisions. There should be some strong experiences/events in the plot that cause an attraction between 2 characters be it male/female or female/female.
Although I agree that most harem games have turned the meaning of harem into one MC mindlessly fucking multiple LIs, those games also lack the character depth and plot required to have a logical and emotionally satisfying harem end. They don't have substantial plot to bind characters into a relationship and if there is, it usually is very thin. This is why relationships in most harem games feel forced and unnatural, and sometimes even uncharacteristic.
But this game has had the most immersive characters and realistic development for each and every one of them that I expected the harem progression to be a true masterpiece. There could have been some over-arching plot to bind multiple characters together and the judging by the writing of the dev in the game so far, it could have been the greatest harem game to ever have existed yet.
But alas the harem gods have frowned upon us humble harem fans yet again and we wait for another "landlord tenants" harem game to quench our thirsts.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
But alas the harem gods have frowned upon us humble harem fans yet again and we wait for another "landlord tenants" harem game to quench our thirsts.
Much better written then myself as i am not much for writing. There are already 4 of the girls in this story that could easily share the Mc. Robin/Kira and Cece/ Linda since they actually have no home and both sleep in the same bed as the MC so it would only be a matter of one push for those 2. Steph just wants the mc back and i would be willing to bet she would accept it just because of her sheer need to have him back in her life. We have played this game and ingrained ourselves into each girls story only to be forced into a hard choice. the game literally was leading into a harem situation and could have worked really well and would have blown the doors off the fuckfest games on sheer story alone.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I consider this game the best in history.
From the beginning, the game refers to that, the girls' choices
From what I've read in the last 100 pages, many support your ideas, so it's okay that you like the harem game.
I like history, he wrote his story and I hope it continues his story.
At the beginning he introduced the girls and their differences, at EP4 he is already halfway there, that's where his choices start.
He doesn't have to please all his audiences, as no developer has ever achieved this feat with praise.
It is better to have patron who like your job than to have 1k or 2k of people crying for this and that.
He's doing something new and different and you prefer him to be like everyone else.
I am not against you as a harem, just understand that he is doing something new and different.
And many support and respect him for that, for being different.
Developer has my support and my respect.
He can even make the EP Extra Harém if he thinks he needs it, just to serve this niche, but he wouldn't do it in his place.

MC doesn't need to be in Harem to help the girls.
Harem help? I thought it was just fuck and screw the world, am I wrong?
MC already helps them since the beginning without even ta fucking them, am I wrong?

Don't be offended, I just don't see your logic being applied to this game in question.
I understand your point of view, but I'm not here from the beginning, to find out if Dev had this intention of harem.
At least the story I do not see in this prospect and there is no tag about it, the older ones can say about it.
But I am not against the harem, only in this game which characters could meet in a harem.
Casal Bi is the only one I see on this route.
Linda maybe.
Holly, it seems and doesn't seem like little dialogue and I don't see her leaning on it.
Cece, she already has too many problems to put in harem, it was already difficult to give in to feelings with MC, imagine in a harem.
Steph, she has suffered too much for the wrong choices, and she cried which indicates that she is not a Woman for this situation
Lexi, is the kind of girl who could get into that vibe, but even more because of the way she wants MC I don't see her being submissive.
Only if the dev wants to force this situation, as some others have already done in his works.
In the view of the fans everything has to be possible.
Author's must have a more rational logic, and here the rivers do not cross.
If the actor feels comfortable, he can give you insight into it.

I have nothing against the harem, but at the present moment, with 6 characters I don't see them all leaning towards this situation.
In my personal case, I prefer games that have a harem ending because I usually only play one ending for each game (although I don't always go for the harem, I usually do). In this game I'm only going to see the Cece's ending (in fact is actually the only girl that I have real interest). The luck of this game (for me) is that none of the other potential LI interests me too much (possibly Lexi is the next one that interests me the most, but not enough that I want to see her end more than Cece's). I've abandoned other games like Intertwined, because the amount of LI I'm interested in is more than 2, and without a harem ending, I don't want to choose what ending I'm going to see.

dinto

Aug 2, 2017
In these updates I get the error message image not found. Both with saved games and with restarted game.Text works images unfortunately not, what could be the reason?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
You are sensible in what you say and I understand you, but there are few characters.
So it wouldn't be so tiring to leave them all with their finals.
For some it is boring to have to do individual routes, and for me it would not be the problem.

More if he has that in mind and wants to do something different and innovative.
It is natural that people who love Harem feel bad about it.

I love history so for me his work is very incredible.

I like Cece, but I will make finals with the other girls.
For the beautiful work he is doing.
I like the game and I think the developer is doing a great job (if I didn't like the game, I wouldn't be playing it).

I am not against each girl having her own ending. In fact, I'm sure it makes sense (I started playing the game in the previous update, and at this point it was obvious that the harem ending didn't exist). But I don't like to play more than one ending in this kind of game (with romance, love, etc.), if the harem ending doesn't exist, I prefer to choose the girl I prefer and avoid the rest of the endings. Posibly it will be something that most of the people don't share with me (I suspect that most of the people that play this kind of games prefer play all endings or at least more than one). This is why I usually abandon games that have more than one or two girls that interest me and don't have a harem ending. I'm not going to play all the endings, and I don't feel like having to choose. Having more games, I go to another one in which I don't have to choose (either because it has the harem ending, or because I'm only interested in one character).

I'm only going to play Cece's ending, and for me it's easy because my interest in the other characters is low enough that I feel comfortable ignoring their endings.

Jace325

Dec 27, 2019
In my personal case, I prefer games that have a harem ending because I usually only play one ending for each game (although I don't always go for the harem, I usually do). In this game I'm only going to see the Cece's ending (in fact is actually the only girl that I have real interest). The luck of this game (for me) is that none of the other potential LI interests me too much (possibly Lexi is the next one that interests me the most, but not enough that I want to see her end more than Cece's). I've abandoned other games like Intertwined, because the amount of LI I'm interested in is more than 2, and without a harem ending, I don't want to choose what ending I'm going to see.
Same here, I go for harem endings mostly out of laziness and a bit of decision paralysis, and then sometimes check out whiat i missed in the gallery after. I procrastinated finishing Retrieving the Past because I didn't wanna have to make a choice (and then have to skip through everything twice to see the other paths). I love BaD but I'm dreading having to choose between all the girls I care about, not including the other path(s) I haven't done.
My problem with this game is its too good not too play but I don't wanna have to keep up with 5+ save files, especially when there's so many minigames/"free roamish" segments that make skipping through everything more complicated.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Is holly not an option? I thought “i should try get some sleep” was lowkey a holly option but still make you choose the others and i know holly isnt a chris only option cause u can choose not to help him or hook up with linda also
That's exactly what i was thinking but no apparently you still have to choose one of the original girls.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
My own bias against a Harem in the case of this game centers on how these fetishes often devolve over time:

1. Punters demand a Harem route.
2. Portion of those punters want to have their cake and eat it too. They expect to f**k everything in sight while hypocritically demanding absolute fidelity from the women in their Harem (from what I've seen, certain three-letter abbreviations starting with 'N' produce more uproar on this forum than anything else).
3. Not satisfied with their Harem, some punters then want threesomes, then foursomes, fivesomes etc etc involving all the women in their Harem.

From what I see, this game doesn't suit 1. in full. The story so far could support the MC and Robin/Kira and perhaps MC/Linda/Cece (provided the latter doesn't include bi/lesbian elements).

This game and 2. and 3. Hell no!

In the Context of the story so far:

Cece is perhaps the most problematic female character because of her mental health. If the MC chooses a loving relationship with her, all good and fine. However, if she has feelings for the MC, then it remains to be seen how she'll react to the MC entering a relationship with someone else. Hopefully, this is where the love and support of the entire group comes in.

Anyone who has played the Lexi only route knows she is looking for real love after an obvious string of relationships where her boyfriends treated her like a piece of meat, an object. So far the MC is showing her that's not normal behavior in a truly loving relationship.

In a nutshell, the MC's character doesn't support full Harem, IMHO. He respects and cares for his female friends too much for such selfish tripe.

Last edited:

Pariah3j

Jan 9, 2019
I could see a path that allows for more of an open relationship with several of the different girls instead of a harem.

Robin/Kira obviously, Linda I think could be talked into it. Holly maybe? She seems like she might have a freaky side.

FantasticUser

Oct 23, 2019
I made a compressed version since there was none linked in the thread, I'm sorry if you already made one.

Leap Of Faith [Ch.4.51C Bugfix] [DriftyGames]

Original size: 3.3GB
Compressed size: 590MB

Win/Linux:

Keep in mind that this is not an official version, so keep this in mind while troubleshooting errors.
Let me know if you are having issues.

Last edited:

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
Man, I loved Cece from the very first time we met. But that scene, when she keeps singing Scooter's song "hyper hyper"... :love:

Reactions: CrazyRabbit

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Well most of the games that started with the "family incest harem" theme have now been stripped of the harem tag just for the sake of multiple endings(Where the Heart Is, Retrieving the Past, Intertwined, No More Secrets, and many others I can't remember rn) and good harem games are hard to find as most games start with multiple LIs and then turn into a fuckfest midway and finally drop the "no harem" bomb in the end.
Harem is not just "group sex forever with many women without jealousy", it's having an emotional and rational attachment to each and every person that MC is in a relationship with and the same is reciprocated towards the MC. The female characters should be in a relationship with each other instead of being "just comfortable having sex with each other". This implies that the MC should be attracted to each and every character, their traits, differences and respects their decisions. There should be some strong experiences/events in the plot that cause an attraction between 2 characters be it male/female or female/female.
Although I agree that most harem games have turned the meaning of harem into one MC mindlessly fucking multiple LIs, those games also lack the character depth and plot required to have a logical and emotionally satisfying harem end. They don't have substantial plot to bind characters into a relationship and if there is, it usually is very thin. This is why relationships in most harem games feel forced and unnatural, and sometimes even uncharacteristic.
But this game has had the most immersive characters and realistic development for each and every one of them that I expected the harem progression to be a true masterpiece. There could have been some over-arching plot to bind multiple characters together and the judging by the writing of the dev in the game so far, it could have been the greatest harem game to ever have existed yet.
I can not agree with you. Name me a good harem game where the LI does not become completely mindless at the end.
SL is probably my best example of where I realised that I don't like harem games. All the girls were perfect, I loved them all,but at the end...they all became exactly the same, with a ridiculous wedding at the end. It took any semblance of reality completely out of the game. PL so far is the closest I had to enjoying a harem ending. Not perfect, but at least the girls kinda still remained true to themselves.

I do not mind pursuing multiple LI and this one is frustrating in how completely rigid you need to choose your love, so early in the game, but at the end you need to have at least a plausible ending with one or at the most 2 LIs. Not the most realistic way, but I enjoy games where you can pursue all, but at the end you need to then chose your true love. It means that you do not need to play the game though multiple times.

Leap of Faith is more realistic, but I can see the frustration. Currently I play only for my main LI (Cece) but when the game is done, I will speedrun the others

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes