vespa_13

Apr 4, 2020
i just finished the story through chapter 6 and it's half past 3 am at my place.
this story is beautiful and terrible in so many ways. takes some time to process.
thank you very much.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

View attachment 1397435

First of all, thank you for still being here, and welcome to the new. Honestly, I wasn't sure you would be - seeing how the last chapter ended, but I'm glad you are.

This last week has been nothing short of overwhelming. I have got over 500 messages, and except for one they have been all positive. Thank you very much.

Next, I'd like to say to that I'm fine. I am touched by your concern, but I really am. I would not have been able to make this story if I weren't. What happened to me, happened 5 years ago. I took all the time needed to heal and came out on the other side as a better dad, friend and person. Also, I'm proud to say that my whole family did as well, and how we all tackled it is nothing short of amazing, given the tragic situation.

I know that putting references to real life in a AVN is borderline, and I was on the fence all the way up until release. I asked for the testers opinions, and sent the Beta to several other devs. They all all encouraged me to do this. Though it was not until the very few days before the release I actually took the final decision to do so, much guided by a conversation I had with Kentyrr and Stoya who also played the beta.

I still do feel bad about putting this chapter out there without having the next one ready. The title of chapter 6 reflects not only on Cece's words to the MC, but from me to you all as well. LoF is all about feelings, mostly good ones, but some bad too. Though, at least now I can say that the bad stuff is behind us, and I'll do my best to give back the good ones.

For progress, I took most of this week off, but started working on Chapter 7 last night. The image at the top is the first one you will see in the next one.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
damn it ,, just when i thought i was over crying .. here i fucking go again ... i guess if it wasn't for all the love everyone has for people we love in life ... we wouldn't be people that love one another so much .. thank you so much for reminding us (Dev) of everyone we love and miss as well :cry: <3

Reactions: Han26

I_Love_Latex

Mar 17, 2018
So, I just finished Chapter 6 and I am sitting here a broken man.

I picked her to be my LI in the story because she was broken, because she was hurting, and because I thought the story would play out where i could help her, make her whole again. But here's the thing, some people just can't be helped, can't be "fixed", can never be whole. It's not something they can change, and it's not something anyone else can change. Doesn't mean they don't love you, or that they don't think you love them. They just can't go on any more, and the only way they see to take is the final step.

I am honestly just a mess right now, but I am glad I picked her story, and I will find it hard to play through again picking someone else tbh. Amidst all her pain she had some love. She had happiness. Even if it hurt, she knew it was there.

That was hard to play, and I can only imagine just how hard it was to write, my heart goes out you for having to have lived through that. You did write your story, and you should be, not be proud, I don't know the right words to use, and I can't speak for anyone else but I am honoured that you have shared it, and that it touched me so much. Sorry if I am not making sense, but I really am all over the place right now.

Thank you.

Last edited:

gray234

Jan 29, 2020
I started on the Cece path and during the middle of the story, I wanted to try other paths as well. But I cannot in good faith, start over and try other paths. I want to finish this with the Cece path before even trying others.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Much love. <3

Reactions: Han26 and VOYEUR

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Cece was my favorite why :( as somebody that already suffered and tried to end my life this hits me way too hard i wanted Cece to live TwT to find love and peace with the MC. So why TwT
Mainly because no one actually tried to cure the depression. They just hoped that being nice and caring would solve it. But depressions are tricky to deal with, especially since it sounds like there may be some underlying medical condition as well.

Note that I'm not putting any blame on MC, Linda or anyone else (other than the hospital which should give more help I think). They just don't know how to deal with depression properly.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Okey, so after a week, i am ready to put some other inputs out.

My main path is/was Robin solo and i am a bit confused about this reunion with Kira. It was a bit out of place. I am out? I hope not, because there was a choice to go for a solo route and i would very disapointet when this now is over. pls continue the solo path

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. MC wants both of them .. MC loves both of them ..
They are the best thing in this game.
Remember, they are this on and off bffs, beneffits driven hotties, why change that?

Sugar mommies with daddy issues are also interesting in this game.

Plenty a babes to save ... some unappreciative, some oblivious, a few just happy to
be the recipient of out favors, with nothing of their own invested.

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

Cece never wanted to talk about what she did the 1st time around, not to Linda, not to her mum, not to MC ... nobody wants to get tied to a bed, committed to any asylum or looked down upon .. Cece put up a brave face ... she confrunted MC on the bridge: what did he care? Why was he invested in her when she was ending it all? Why would she care that he was there?
Why would she care that he wanted her?

View attachment 1398695

This did not stop her in any way ...
MC being this great guy that was there 4 her.

View attachment 1398696

Yeah .. more compliments to MC right before she ....
She decided those meant diddly squat to her.

View attachment 1398697
seriously ... have you ever heard of SPOILERS ??????

Jul 13, 2018
Does Cece kills herself in all the routes?
the real question is , is she really dead tho , we saw the bridge we can see there is water under it , we see she falling and we see everyone worried by the news like she died. but is she dead tho, since the dev also kinda gives hints that she might have survived somehow. Next chapter will either be with Cece flashbacks and her story or telling how Cece survives, i hope its the second option since it would be sad if she died since she is one of the paths i am doing and my main path

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
My thoughts on what caused Cece's depression:

Close, but no, that's not exactly what happened.

the real question is , is she really dead tho , we saw the bridge we can see there is water under it , we see she falling and we see everyone worried by the news like she died. but is she dead tho, since the dev also kinda gives hints that she might have survived somehow. Next chapter will either be with Cece flashbacks and her story or telling how Cece survives, i hope its the second option since it would be sad if she died since she is one of the paths i am doing and my main path
That's not a real question. Because it is clear as a cloudless day, and Drifty himself said it before, Cece isn't dead. The jump happened so she could start her real healing and move beyond her suicidal thoughts.

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
That ending absolutely gutted me, more so than Acting Lessons did. All the goofy scenes with Samantha and the MC were a great distraction from the heavy topics. I'm glad that CeCe survives somehow. All the characters deserve a happy ending, although I'm not sure they'll all get one.

It's obvious from some of the replies lately that many on here have never hit rock bottom and experienced severe depression. It's not something that just magically disappears after a nice summer with friends. It's something that you struggle with daily, for your entire life. Medication can work well for some people, but finding the right dose and prescription is like finding a needle in a haystack. In many cases, what's meant to help you, ends up making you feel a walking corpse. Seeing a therapist helps but you have to want the help, otherwise it doesn't work. I've talked down a few people from suicide. Most would fail if put in the same situation. When someone really has their mind set on it, unfortunately nothing you say will change that. With all that's going on in the world today, there's a growing crisis of depression in younger people. I already see it in my 10 year old niece.

Tropic1

Dec 3, 2018
I played this for the first time and discovered this is truly an amazing game! Everything from the story, characters, visuals, soundrack, UI, gameplay are top notch. But I noticed the last couple of chapters seem more like a kinetic novel tailored to the path you are on. The beginning of the game offered an incredible number of player interactions which I really liked. I hope at some point DriftyGames adds an enhanced number of player choices and interactive moments into the latest and future chapters.

Last edited:

MyklK

Feb 28, 2018
OK ... I don't post often ... but this one deserves a post. First of, I have to put this out there for ALL my fellow veteran friends who are playing/reading ... if you are in this position, please call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and press 1.

It is 9/11 20th Anniversary today and I spent most my day watching various music videos and other videos surrounding that catastrophe, so my head was not especially in the place to really have played Chapter 6, but I did.

As many of you have admitted to doing as well, I cried my eyes out, I even had to walk a way and ended up punching on a solid wall in my frustration. I am/was on the Lexi path, but still had Cece sleeping beside me in the bed before leaving. The realization of the MC with the dream sequence remembering different parts of Cece's lines throughout the story was brutally revealing.

The first time was her being very drunk and jumping/falling with him catching her ... this time was plain sober and he most likely should not have been able to catch her like he did a second time. I know there was shown a medical heart blip there at the end.

I will admit I have never played AL (Acting Lessons, I believe) ... now I wonder if maybe I should.

Drifty ... My heart goes out to your for your loss ... the amount of guts it has had to take for you to write this is unbelievable after what you have been through .... but I truly believe that sometimes the stories need to be written and told.

Goddess bless you as you continue finishing this story out and I hope it helps you inside somehow.

Mike aka eagleleo

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
OK ... I don't post often ... but this one deserves a post. First of, I have to put this out there for ALL my fellow veteran friends who are playing/reading ... if you are in this position, please call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and press 1.

It is 9/11 20th Anniversary today and I spent most my day watching various music videos and other videos surrounding that catastrophe, so my head was not especially in the place to really have played Chapter 6, but I did.

As many of you have admitted to doing as well, I cried my eyes out, I even had to walk a way and ended up punching on a solid wall in my frustration. I am/was on the Lexi path, but still had Cece sleeping beside me in the bed before leaving. The realization of the MC with the dream sequence remembering different parts of Cece's lines throughout the story was brutally revealing.

The first time was her being very drunk and jumping/falling with him catching her ... this time was plain sober and he most likely should not have been able to catch her like he did a second time. I know there was shown a medical heart blip there at the end.

I will admit I have never played AL (Acting Lessons, I believe) ... now I wonder if maybe I should.

Drifty ... My heart goes out to your for your loss ... the amount of guts it has had to take for you to write this is unbelievable after what you have been through .... but I truly believe that sometimes the stories need to be written and told.

Goddess bless you as you continue finishing this story out and I hope it helps you inside somehow.

Mike aka eagleleo
To any veterans out there I would just like to say Thank You

• Red Heart
Reactions: ImperialD
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes