magus448

May 22, 2018
i also got the error. can u tell me how to fixed it?
Delete the character .rpy and .rpyc files>get unren and place it's .bat file in the /game folder>cut and paste all .rpa files, except the ones with the scripts, to somewhere outside the leap of faith folder temporarily>use the option to extract rpa fiels in unren and the exit it>move the .rpa files back to the game folder

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth_Seeker007

hungneet

Aug 6, 2017
0.6 end saves (Lexi+holly path and cece path)
Btw, anyone has Robin + Kira saves? as latest as possible would really help. Thanks!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
what's the order to try stir up cece's memories after she has woke up from coma? at best i get 6/15 and normally 5/15.

Jun 5, 2017
Delete the character .rpy and .rpyc files>get unren and place it's .bat file in the /game folder>cut and paste all .rpa files, except the ones with the scripts, to somewhere outside the leaf of faith folder temporarily>use the option to extract rpa fiels in unren and the exit it>move the .rpa files back to the game folder
thank you so much

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
Phew. Between work, the holidays and getting sick, it took me a while to organize my thoughts on Chapter 7. Sadly, they're more negative than positive.

Admittedly, there's a great deal of emotional weight to the story, most obviously with Cece, there's a lot of gorgeous artwork, and there are some fun moments. The production values remain very high, and the chapter is enjoyable on a surface level. But my overall impression is that the rest of the game can't really live up to its end of the bargain. The other girls are once again starved of much needed attention (even Lexi, to an extent). The pacing of the chapter feels very rushed, dashing between significant events with little effort to convey the journey required. Even Cece's material, the strength of the chapter, is weakened by how easily her situation is resolved. And with only one chapter left, it feels like none of the remaining issues will have sufficient time to be explored, much less tied up in a satisfying way.

That's the summary. Let's look at the details.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So there you have it. I'm sorry to be so negative when the developer is obviously pouring a lot a of time and effort into the game. I can't question Drifty's work ethic or rendering credentials. But I have to question his skills as a writer. It feels like this game is coasting entirely on the emotional impact of Cece's story. YMMV, but that's not good enough for me. I just see too much wasted potential.

tl;dr Chapter 7 provides some much needed closure after the cliff hanger last time, but cuts way too many corners while doing so. I'm glad I played the game, but I'm not particularly interested in seeing the final chapter.

It's funny, because almost a year ago, I posted extensive feedback/criticism when the game was in Chapter 4 (along side your own similar criticism at the time). Many of those criticisms were basically the same criticisms you have of Chapter 7.

Namely, the issues about the conveying the passage of time, the lack of development on secondary love interests (Chapter 4 was mostly about Lexi though), the concern over the small number of chapters being insufficient to resolve the multiple plot threads and so on.

I also realised after Chapter 6 that Leap of Faith is a deeply personal story for Drifty, which made me rethink some of my criticisms as a bit hollow. I still stand by that, but developed my thoughts further since.

As you point out, Leap of Faith is basically Cece's story. All of the other love interests basically play second fiddle to her in the larger narrative (even Lexi). Hell, even James/MC's personal story ends up taking a back seat to Cece. His Stephanie issues are quickly resolved, and his mysterious father ends up being a whole nothing-burger.

The conclusion I have reached is that Drifty really wanted (understandably) for the story to be about Cece, and everything else was really just AVN filler fluff that varied in quality and importance. (You need multiple love interests and branching choices to be an AVN, right guys?)

I really wish that Leap of Faith just had a tighter, more focused narrative. If a Cece-only story wasn't possible, then maybe some combination of Lexi, Linda or Stephanie along with Cece. Robin and Kira (as you note) seem really superfluous and could have easily been cut to develop the others. A Cece-Linda-Stephanie dynamic could have worked well, and Lexi could have always been the star of her own story.

It's a shame, because Cece's story is the most interesting and thoughtful and emotional and meaningful part of the story, and everything else basically just acted as a distraction from that.

And just to emphasise once again that despite my criticisms that Leap of Faith is still a very good game and is far better written than 99% of the trite on this site.

Last edited:

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
The conclusion I have reached is that Drifty really wanted (understandably) for the story to be about Cece, and everything else was really just AVN filler fluff that varied in quality and importance. (You need multiple love interests and branching choices to be an AVN, right guys?)

///

It's a shame, because Cece's story is the most interesting and thoughtful and emotional and meaningful part of the story, and everything else basically just acted as a distraction from that.
I feel that some stories, such as Cece's (or Nea's in Apartment #69 is another great example) are written to get people to really think about the suffering someone dealing with a bad experience (whether that be mental/physical illness/disability or making a lifestyle choice that isn't accepted by those around them) goes through. The authors goal is to get us to understand how horrible things can be for that person and how we as individuals in the real world can help them. We don't actually need to have MC super powers to be a positive impact on others.

If that means the story needs to be drawn out a bit longer with a large sugar coating to help get it down, then so be it. I'm just glad their are authors like Drifty who are writing things that can make you feel something other then just horny.

kioryu52

Aug 4, 2020
Ok, this is weird...is this what hypercrisis/synchronicity is? The last game I've played before this one was Chasing Sunsets, and right then and there...well, there's that reference in the journal, which I thought was cute as fuck, but THEN, SHE actually appears, but she's with her back to the camera, and her face isn't showing, which had me already beyond shocked (and vaguely terrified I'll admit), BUT THEN, SHE FULL-ON APPEARS and now I'm having a stroke with all that is that even legal what are the rules for that imao If somebody from BaDIK shows up I honestly might not survive the night.

OH MY GOD NOW I FINALLY FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT REFERENCE IN CS JESUS CHRIST

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Been a few chapters since i last played. Was going to catch up but seems like its not worth it (unless you want to romance Cece) as the other girls seem to be relegated.

kioryu52

Aug 4, 2020
There should be a warning. This will break your heart. I really don't want to talk about what I'm feeling right now, but, I just need to know, how can I play chapter 7? I downloaded the update only version, but when I start it, it says that I should patch it up to the current version, can any of you explain me how to do this? I kinda suck at this stuff.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
There should be a warning. This will break your heart. I really don't want to talk about what I'm feeling right now, but, I just need to know, how can I play chapter 7? I downloaded the update only version, but when I start it, it says that I should patch it up to the current version, can any of you explain me how to do this? I kinda suck at this stuff.
yea this doesn't suit for all.

you need to dl whole game if you haven't previously played and if you have played 0.6x then dl update and copy it's contents to where lof is installed, if you don't have 0.6x then need to do step 1.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
But now, alas, we must turn to Kira and Robin. Their path was already a mess after Chapter 6 insisted that the MC was purely interested in getting the two back together again despite deliberately involving himself in their relationship in the first place. Now, it's a complete train wreck. Apparently, Kira has decided - without any discussion with the MC - to return to her family and mend fences. The MC knows Robin will accompany her - regardless of whether Robin is nominally dating Kira alone, Kira and the MC, or Chris - because it's in the script. The MC's own response is to immediately support Kira without comment or concern - regardless of whether he's dating one, the other, or both of these girls. And by the end of the episode, both girls have left and the MC is no closer to deciding how to deal with the situation. Apparently, the MC is soo committed to these girls that he doesn't actually care what they do? o_O

To be clear, I'm not saying Kira needs the MC's approval to head home or anything like that. But I'm sure as hell saying that if the MC joined in the relationship (or worse, started dating Kira alone) she should care about his approval before making a big decision like this. That's part and parcel for what a relationship is, no? Likewise, why the hell is the MC so blase about Kira and Robin moving away? Yes, he owns his apartment, but it's not like he couldn't move. Isn't that at least worth DISCUSSING? Evidently not.

The end result is that any notion of the MC having a meaningful relationship with either of the girls is a complete joke at this point. The three of them don't discuss their problems, don't include each other in their plans, and make zero effort to fix those shortcomings. Forget what the game says to us, AFAICT, Kira and Robin are casual lovers who hang out based mostly on habit, and the MC is third wheel they indulge on occasion. Our choices make literally no difference. That's not a "relationship" worth worrying about.

Seriously, what the fuck was the point of making these two romanceable? If the romance will make literally no difference in the relationships between Kira and Robin OR between the MC and each girl, is it really a romance? Of course not! So why waste all the time pretending it is? If I were to guess, I'd say it's because Drifty is still very much an amateur writer and underestimated the work it would take to properly develop a cast this large.

It's pretty clear the game just isn't capable of handling the branching that would come from addressing the ability to date the girls individually. But rather than picking one option and sticking with it, it tried to juggle all three to disastrous effect. At this point I'd rather the finale just drop Kira and Robin entirely and use the time to flesh out Linda (and maybe Holly) rather than have to sit through more of this crap. What a complete waste of some of my favorite characters.

Well, i picked Robin as my main LI at the very beginning of the game and it was nice i could pick her solo. But then it goes downhill pretty fast. I still like her the most, but sadly this whole story is a big mess right now, like you explained.
I have no disiere to play multiple LIs, because this story is just too sad. Maybe when this is finishd i try a Holly path. But right now i got realy unlucky with Robin.

I hope in the end i can still get a happy ending with her (alone). Hope dies last.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 560 Votes