UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I feel that some stories, such as Cece's (or Nea's in Apartment #69 is another great example) are written to get people to really think about the suffering someone dealing with a bad experience (whether that be mental/physical illness/disability or making a lifestyle choice that isn't accepted by those around them) goes through. The authors goal is to get us to understand how horrible things can be for that person and how we as individuals in the real world can help them. We don't actually need to have MC super powers to be a positive impact on others.

If that means the story needs to be drawn out a bit longer with a large sugar coating to help get it down, then so be it. I'm just glad their are authors like Drifty who are writing things that can make you feel something other then just horny.
Unless we've already suffered real life losses, don't need a game to "MAKE" us feel something, and are playing these games as a escape from the pain. I'm just playing this VN because I love the fantasy of Lexi. When it became clear that Cece was unsalvageable I wanted to drop her. I've lost to many people in very ugly ways to subject myself to that in a VN. I'm sorry for Drifty's loss, truly I am, but I have my losses too. All I wanted was Lexi, but at this point I have to suffer through Cece, a character who I knew from Drifty's pre CH6 preview was bent on self destruction.

It's Drifty's story to tell, but I really wish he'd given us a path to decide to avoid Cece.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
Truly an awesome chapter, I was almost crying at the end of last chapter, then I was smiling happily when I saw she survived, then I was sad again for the circumstances, what an emotional rollercoaster, I love it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Task notifications and status feature explanation.

Warning: this is likely going to be a bit of a wall of text due to detailed information (there's always someone that bitches if I don't explain everything, you know who you are :p). To alleviate that nonsense I'll place the bulk of this post in a spoiler tag to minimize it's size for those who could care less about the info.

Good evening. For those unfamiliar with SanchoMod let me start by saying everything, and I mean absolutely everything in the multi-mod can be toggle enabled/disabled as the user desires. Fully customizable experience is the name of the game as I believe power is in choices not mandates. This mod core foundation can be seen in my various release threads (see my profile posts for those links) or more recently on the BaDIK WIP posting here. With that out of the way...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Finally additional teasers are being posted here dynamically (I'm adding to the post and updating pics over time) if your interested. Until next update regards and be well.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Well I almost never do multiple plays but with this getting close to the end I'm looking forward to doing one for Cece, and personally I'm glad I saw parts of the story without that connection, that would've hurt a lot more.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Task notifications and status feature explanation.

Warning: this is likely going to be a bit of a wall of text due to detailed information (there's always someone that bitches if I don't explain everything, you know who you are :p). To alleviate that nonsense I'll place the bulk of this post in a spoiler tag to minimize it's size for those who could care less about the info.

Good evening. For those unfamiliar with SanchoMod let me start by saying everything, and I mean absolutely everything in the multi-mod can be toggle enabled/disabled as the user desires. Fully customizable experience is the name of the game as I believe power is in choices not mandates. This mod core foundation can be seen in my various release threads (see my profile posts for those links) or more recently on the BaDIK WIP posting here. With that out of the way...

Finally additional teasers are being posted here dynamically (I'm adding to the post and updating pics over time) if your interested. Until next update regards and be well.
To piggyback off last night's post, here is an example as to why I had to script analysis code for the Tasks...this is an example of an "optional" Task, one that is not normally notified to the player but is behind the scenes and the type that can be easily missed until you realize it at the end of each Chapter. Again, I'll put in a spoiler to minimize post size.
Take care and regards.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
things changed quickly, 1st was with robin and kira (and due those 2 not hooking up with lexi) quite a while and then it's cece with whom mc ends up/might end up.

scrshots:

1. not nightmare more like dream
2. well answer depends game's tags and genre
3. please to meet you and your cleavage
4. and mc isn't invited, such a shame
5. quite often i get urge to punch mc

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Well, i picked Robin as my main LI at the very beginning of the game and it was nice i could pick her solo. But then it goes downhill pretty fast.
Hearing this makes me glad I skipped trying to solo Kira or Robin. It felt that you'd likely just end up tearing them apart and I think the game already has enough sadness without the MC adding to the pile.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I wish Holly had her own standalone path. She is great but having to betray Lexi to romance her is pretty low..still couldn't resist. I prefer her over most of the main girls (Apart from Cece)
I personally really like Holly more than the rest of the girls. I'll always be devoted to Cece, but Holly would've been my second choice IF you didn't have to cheat on Lexi to get her, but thankfully, for me, you do, and I would never chase an LI just to drop her when someone better comes along.

I find Holly mega-attractive and her facial expressions are superb, plus she's a knockout to boot, but to treat Lexi that way isn't cool.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
I personally really like Holly more than the rest of the girls. I'll always be devoted to Cece, but Holly would've been my second choice IF you didn't have to cheat on Lexi to get her, but thankfully, for me, you do, and I would never chase an LI just to drop her when someone better comes along.

I find Holly mega-attractive and her facial expressions are superb, plus she's a knockout to boot, but to treat Lexi that way isn't cool.
I get what you are saying and would have preferred a separate Holly path too but when the MC confesses to Lexi that he cheated there is an option to say that he loves both so maybe there is an ending with all there which would be interesting.

But even if not Holly is definitely worth it and overall more interesting than Lexi for me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Dynamic ChoiceGuide feature explanation.

Standard warning: this is likely going to be a bit of a wall of text due to detailed information. To alleviate that nonsense I'll place the bulk of this post in a spoiler tag to minimize it's size for those who could care less about the info.

Good afternoon. Previous feature explantion(s) can be found here. In this installment I'll briefly discuss how the dynamic ChoiceGuide functions and how it's utilized to benefit the player's experience.

Reactions: OlacioN

UserNed

Mar 18, 2019
Chris & Holly - just checking . . . I tried to set them up. I suggested Holly to Chris before the ass-identify scene and suggested Chris to holly after the singing contest and again on the balcony. Is there actually a scene where they are together or even looking at each other after that?

werag17897

Feb 2, 2020
why this tries to modify tcp/ip-settings?
I'd recommend always running these games through a sandbox.

If you use Linux, I wrote a script which you can drop into the game directory, double clicking the script will run it through firejail (disabling network connectivity for the game):

Bash:
#!/bin/bash

# Put the game inside of ~/Games/renpy (or change the firejail command below to where you put the game in).
# Put the script inside the game's folder ( name it run.sh ).
# Make this script executable by running this command in a terminal where the script is : chmod u+x run.sh
# Double click run.sh ( or in a terminal, type : ./run.sh ) to start the game sandboxed.
# If you have multiple games, you can copy paste run.sh into their directory.

cd "$(dirname "$(realpath "$0")")"
firejail --nogroups --net=none --nodbus --nou2f --private-dev --private-tmp --seccomp  --whitelist=~/.renpy --whitelist=~/.config/renpy --whitelist=~/Games/renpy --noblacklist=~/.renpy --noblacklist=~/.config/renpy --noblacklist=~/Games/renpy "$(find . -maxdepth 1 -type f \( -name '*.sh' ! -name 'run.sh' \))"

Last edited:

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
SanchoMod - Dynamic ChoiceGuide feature explanation.

Standard warning: this is likely going to be a bit of a wall of text due to detailed information. To alleviate that nonsense I'll place the bulk of this post in a spoiler tag to minimize it's size for those who could care less about the info.

Good afternoon. Previous feature explantion(s) can be found here. In this installment I'll briefly discuss how the dynamic ChoiceGuide functions and how it's utilized to benefit the player's experience.
Can I have the download links for ur mod please?

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Does anyone know what is drifty going to do after he finishes this game? Is he developing another game?

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes