ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1634420

Dev Diary, February 4th, 2022
Yet another week with good progress. I've mostly been working on animations, along with some filler renders, which reflects in the numbers.
I'm now at 276 story renders and 4,748 animation frames.
Next week I'll be focusing on story renders, which will be a nice break to the animations. Doing still renders pushes the story forward at a faster pace and long periods of animations generally feels you're at a standstill. But there's an end for every girl (and then some), so you will all get a good ending no matter who you picked of the girls. And some surprises as well.
I'm also in the process of starting the Cece figurines and Steam keys giveaways, and it should be public very shortly following this post.
Have a very nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty
This week Drifty finished 36 story renders and 2194 frames of animation. His overall average since Chapter 7 launched is now ~46 story renders and 791 frames of animation per week. That improves to something like 70 stories and 1200 frames per week if we try to filter out a few weeks for the holiday and Steam launch. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, progress on animations has pulled even farther ahead relative to story render progress. It sounds like that could change next week. That may finally give us a rough estimate of the timeline if the curves start to converge, though it's ultimately going to depend on just how large the finale will be relative to the last several chapters.

BenHatira

Oct 12, 2021
Oh jeez, this game is something ...

I played all the possible paths to this point and i'm still struggeling !

All the LI's are great in their own way, even tho i got to say i prefer Cece & Linda !

This game is a wild ride which makes it great !

Last edited:

Anjomi

Sep 13, 2018
Anyone know how to get the phone to appear in the Android version? I know its B on the PC version, but you can't press keys on the Android version.

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
Anyone know how to get the phone to appear in the Android version? I know its B on the PC version, but you can't press keys on the Android version.
I was able to access the phone by dragging my finger over the area where the phone icon is supposed to be (lower left corner). Eventually you'll hover over the phone and it will appear, provided the phone is accessible at that time.

how many chapters will be there in this game?
If I'm not mistaken, there is only one more chapter left, which will bring the total to 8.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just how old is MC? why I am getting feeling I am playing 46 Year old boomer
maybe because he has (clearly stated) prematurely grey hair?

He's the same age as Linda, they went to school together. Mid 20s-ish. Can't remember how long it's been since high school and the drama with.......what's her face, can't remember her name.....the one who left him.....anyway...less than 10 years out of high school if I remember correctly

Mikiyo

Sep 30, 2017
There will be 8 chapters but Drifty mentioned couple times a possibility for chapter 9 in the future (maybe as some sort of epilogue i guess ‍)
Ello
Thought Chapter 8 would be the epilogue cause of how Chapter 7 ended for all routes. Thanks.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
1644599008851.png

I've been working on story renders this week. In addition to that, I wanted to bring in a bit more fun into the chapter, so I've added some scenes which are more of a fun nature and built the locations/backdrop for them.
Numbers now stand at 338 story renders and 4,748 animation frames. It's a bit less than I'd hoped by now, but it's not a big worry. There are good weeks and less good weeks, and that's just the way it is.
One of the reasons for it is that I discovered an error in the Steam release which I had to fix. Nothing major, but I had to replay all of LoF for every route, which took all of yesterday. I also had to rebuild my whole Daz library, as somehow it was wiped clean. Not sure why, though it happened on the morning after a windows update. But hopefully, now I'm en route for the release later today, and that bug fixes should be minimal.
I'll also be giving away Steam keys to some Patreon supporters later today. That means every current "Leap of Faith" top-tier in addition to everyone who at some point had it will get a key. You know who you are, there's no need to buy it on Steam if you're one of those.
I've also received a lot of repeated questions concerning the Steam release, and I'll try to answer them here.
Will there be trading cards on Steam?
Hopefully. I believe the threshold for being awarded trading cards is exceeding 50,000 wishlists, sales, or a combination of those. If LoF reaches that number, I will add them.
Does LoF support Steam cloud saves?
I've chosen not to activate it now, due to I'm not sure how it handles persistent variables (choices/unlocks, etc. that go across all saves.). It will be added soon.
When is the release, exactly?
2 PM PST today, 11th of February.
Can I play the 8th and final chapter of LoF on Steam the same day as the Patreon release?
Patreons will be able to activate the "beta" for the last chapter in the Steam client on the same day as their tiers Patreon release date. The reason I'm doing this is, so you can download it directly on Steam and not have to go by the normal sites such as Mega or Gdrive. Passwords will be given in a separate post when we're getting closer.
When is the official walkthrough being released?
The walkthrough will be released a few weeks after LoF is complete. It is an in-game walkthrough, in addition to a dev commentary where I will be explaining some scenes and events, and adding some renders and animations you haven't seen, which I made but ultimately found not to be good enough. It will be released on Steam as a low-priced DLC.

Happy weekend to you all. Stay safe out there. Oh, and say hello to another one of the girls from my next game up there. She looks forward to meeting you all.
// Drifty

I've been working on story renders this week. In addition to that, I wanted to bring in a bit more fun into the chapter, so I've added some scenes which are more of a fun nature and built the locations/backdrop for them.
Numbers now stand at 338 story renders and 4,748 animation frames. It's a bit less than I'd hoped by now, but it's not a big worry. There are good weeks and less good weeks, and that's just the way it is.
One of the reasons for it is that I discovered an error in the Steam release which I had to fix. Nothing major, but I had to replay all of LoF for every route, which took all of yesterday. I also had to rebuild my whole Daz library, as somehow it was wiped clean. Not sure why, though it happened on the morning after a windows update. But hopefully, now I'm en route for the release later today, and that bug fixes should be minimal.
I'll also be giving away Steam keys to some Patreon supporters later today. That means every current "Leap of Faith" top-tier in addition to everyone who at some point had it will get a key. You know who you are, there's no need to buy it on Steam if you're one of those.
I've also received a lot of repeated questions concerning the Steam release, and I'll try to answer them here.
Hopefully. I believe the threshold for being awarded trading cards is exceeding 50,000 wishlists, sales, or a combination of those. If LoF reaches that number, I will add them.
I've chosen not to activate it now, due to I'm not sure how it handles persistent variables (choices/unlocks, etc. that go across all saves.). It will be added soon.
Can I play the 8th and final chapter of LoF on Steam the same day as the Patreon release?
Patreons will be able to activate the "beta" for the last chapter in the Steam client on the same day as their tiers Patreon release date. The reason I'm doing this is, so you can download it directly on Steam and not have to go by the normal sites such as Mega or Gdrive. Passwords will be given in a separate post when we're getting closer.
The walkthrough will be released a few weeks after LoF is complete. It is an in-game walkthrough, in addition to a dev commentary where I will be explaining some scenes and events, and adding some renders and animations you haven't seen, which I made but ultimately found not to be good enough. It will be released on Steam as a low-priced DLC.

Happy weekend to you all. Stay safe out there. Oh, and say hello to another one of the girls from my next game up there. She looks forward to meeting you all.
// Drifty

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
Ello
Thought Chapter 8 would be the epilogue cause of how Chapter 7 ended for all routes. Thanks.
i think that too, i'm just throwing guesses what could it about if there ever will be one. I think by chapter 8 the story will be finished and it will be interesting to know what Drifty have in mind for possible chapter 9.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1647558

// Drifty
It looks like Drifty completed 62 story renders and 0 frames of animation this week; as he said, not the most productive of weeks. His overall average since the launch of Chapter 7 is now roughly 48 story renders and 678 frames of animation per week.
Not a lot to say, really. Story render progress has been consistent but slow. Animation progress had been fast but took a back seat this week. I'd say we're still a long way from release, but it's still to early to estimate how long.

The in-game walkthrough with developer commentary sounds cool; I hope that will be available outside of Steam.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
These girls are literally aging MC to his future demise.
That girl who loved then dumped then shagged him again made MC lose his mind.
My favourite girl in the game is definately Lexi, but I can't stop thinking about Cece story and how it affects me, I had alot of suicide thoughts also in my teenage years.

Got to keep living even when the lights go out...
Just how old is MC? why I am getting feeling I am playing 46 Year old boomer
24 or 25?
maybe because he has (clearly stated) prematurely grey hair?

He's the same age as Linda, they went to school together. Mid 20s-ish. Can't remember how long it's been since high school and the drama with.......what's her face, can't remember her name.....the one who left him.....anyway...less than 10 years out of high school if I remember correctly
This game is a rollercoaster filled with water spurts and all sorts of nasty surprises.
Having a sunny attitude towards it all and getting babes confy enough to stay by his side,
this makes MC keep going into the blue with newfound love and thorough drama.

darkghost0007

Aug 25, 2020
I saw this game on steam for a price, Is it done by the dev or by someone else trying to make money out of it ?

Is it legit ?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1644921482075.png
Steam keys and Cece figurines giveaways

With the Steam release of Leap of Faith on 11th of February coming up fast, I'm hosting a few giveaways. Head over to my for a chance to win one of three figurines or ten Steam keys.

Next Friday I will open for the Cece figurines (yes, plural) and Leap of Faith Steam keys giveaway, so make sure you join my Discord server by then, as that's where the giveaway will be hosted
I saw this game on steam for a price, Is it done by the dev or by someone else trying to make money out of it ?

Is it legit ?

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes