Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
View attachment 1621429

Open post this week and next week, as I can't hide any news about giveaways behind a paywall.

Progress

Nothing too exciting to report this week. I'm working my way through the render marathon that is chapter 8, so there's a good increase on both animation and story renders.
Numbers are now at 240 story renders and 2,554 animated frames.
I've finished up the first of the main endings, with all the variations connected to it, and I'm now working on girl number two.

Chapter 8, main event

The image at the top is from the main event which happens later on in the chapter, and will consist of three different versions depending on which girl you're with. The audience of the show consists of more than 100 original characters from other VN's, rendered directly from the authors of those VN's. I'm extremely happy that so many people chipped in, including people I admire, respect, and knew of, long before I even made my first render myself.
I hope this will be a nice event where you can actually distinguish the audience, and recognize characters you've seen in other VN's.

Giveaway

Next Friday I will open for the Cece figurines (yes, plural) and Leap of Faith Steam keys giveaway, so make sure you join my Discord server by then, as that's where the giveaway will be hosted (

But how do I get Holly!?

Holly has some very special endings, which should take most of you by surprise. I've seen numerous requests on how to get her, so without further ado, here's the recipe:
Chapter 4:
1. Choose Lexi as li.
2. When you meet Holly for the first time choose 'I'm conflicted' or 'Haven't really looked at her like that'.
Chapter 5:
3. During the balcony conversation with Holly, look at all 9 screens at least once (don't count the starting screen, go back to it at least once - and you can look at her breasts three times to maximize score).
4. Include Holly and have threesome on the yacht (the cigarettes is not a requirement, they just affect the ending).
5. During the threesome 'Stroke Lexi and Holly's hand'.
Chapter 6:
6. During Prom, choose 'No regrets' when talking to Holly.
Chapter 7 should now give you a choice of Lexi/Holly - choose Holly.

Have a nice weekend, and stay classy San Diego.
// Drifty
holy

this gonna be awesome (as always)

Reactions: Schattenlust

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

Chapter 8, main event

The image at the top is from the main event which happens later on in the chapter, and will consist of three different versions depending on which girl you're with. The audience of the show consists of more than 100 original characters from other VN's, rendered directly from the authors of those VN's. I'm extremely happy that so many people chipped in, including people I admire, respect, and knew of, long before I even made my first render myself.
I hope this will be a nice event where you can actually distinguish the audience, and recognize characters you've seen in other VN's.

// Drifty
Mind blown. That must be a first in this category.

Reactions: Schattenlust

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1621429

Open post this week and next week, as I can't hide any news about giveaways behind a paywall.

Progress

Nothing too exciting to report this week. I'm working my way through the render marathon that is chapter 8, so there's a good increase on both animation and story renders.
Numbers are now at 240 story renders and 2,554 animated frames.
I've finished up the first of the main endings, with all the variations connected to it, and I'm now working on girl number two.

Chapter 8, main event

Giveaway

Next Friday I will open for the Cece figurines (yes, plural) and Leap of Faith Steam keys giveaway, so make sure you join my Discord server by then, as that's where the giveaway will be hosted (

But how do I get Holly!?

Holly has some very special endings, which should take most of you by surprise. I've seen numerous requests on how to get her, so without further ado, here's the recipe:
Chapter 4:
1. Choose Lexi as li.
2. When you meet Holly for the first time choose 'I'm conflicted' or 'Haven't really looked at her like that'.
Chapter 5:
3. During the balcony conversation with Holly, look at all 9 screens at least once (don't count the starting screen, go back to it at least once - and you can look at her breasts three times to maximize score).
4. Include Holly and have threesome on the yacht (the cigarettes is not a requirement, they just affect the ending).
5. During the threesome 'Stroke Lexi and Holly's hand'.
Chapter 6:
6. During Prom, choose 'No regrets' when talking to Holly.
Chapter 7 should now give you a choice of Lexi/Holly - choose Holly.

Have a nice weekend, and stay classy San Diego.
// Drifty
Interesting news. I hope whatever scene those cameos are for (presumably some sort of concert by Lexi) can live up to the hype. On Holly, I'm just hoping Drifty can salvage something from the wreckage of her path in Chapter 7; the MC's behavior when he effectively dumps Lexi for her is hard to overlook. We'll see, I guess. Even if it ultimately ends up with a happy throuple, it's going to take some serious get there in a believable manner. We'll see, I suppose.

In the meantime, Drifty completed 77 story renders and 1266 frames of animation this week. He's now averaging roughly 48 story renders and 511 frames per week since Chapter 7 launched. His effective average is probably closer to 80 stories and 850 frames per week if we discount time off for the holidays or preparing for the Steam launch. Here are the charts of the numbers he's released so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It looks like Drifty has been focusing on animations, as they have a very consistent render rate; the story rate moves up and down a bit each week, so I don't think he has a consistent queue backfilled yet. If we use Chapter 7 as our benchmark, Drifty could match the animation numbers by early April but the story numbers would take until late May. In all likelihood the story render rate would pick up if the animations finish early, so mid May is a more likely estimate if we just want to extrapolate the graphs.

Of course, with Chapter 8 being the finale, it's quite possible it will not follow the size trend of recent chapters. There's a good chance Drifty may want to add more content and/or more complicated content, so the target numbers could change significantly. That makes predictions extraordinarily speculative until we learn more, but it's still probably the best estimate we can make now.

While we wait, I notice Drifty said there were three variations on the scene depending on the chosen girl. Obviously one variation has to be if you picked Lexi, but what are the other two? Maybe Holly? And I suppose a special version for Cece could make sense. Are there any other theories?

Last edited:

Hp194

Feb 29, 2020
When Holly and Mc are having break from hospital and Mc is watching tv why do they say is Lexi on th screen?

staggerlee32

May 18, 2020
This is the best novel i have been following in a long time, seriously, this game is the first one that actually made me cry a couple times, for now i've only did Cece's route and i guess that it's perfect that way, i can't see the mc with any of the other girls anymore, Linda with Chris is amazing as well, they match up so good.
I'm in a really dark place of my life now and the 6th chapter ending pretty much fucked me up for a while, thank god that the 7th one gave me such a good feeling that i'm crying, but not from being sad.
For the first time, i care a lot about the characters as if i'm really the one inside the story, i just love it and can't wait for it to get a closure, i'm going to keep this story in my heart for a really long time, just amazing.
I came here to post basically this. (although I did go back for a Lexi route which also had a lot of heart) I'm so fucking glad I started playing this after the last update because I ended up having to stay up way too late the other night to finish through Chapter 7 so my soul wasn't completely crushed.

Having struggled with depression & panic attacks for 20 something years (including many "close calls" shall we say) and losing a friend to suicide, the subject matter hits very close to home. In Ch6 I went from initially thinking "dev's heart is in the right place but I don't think they really get it" to "holy fuck I think they really get it". And then... that final reveal broke me. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway. After lurking for a good long while this was the game that I just had to comment on. Definitely one of my very favorites, I absolutely cannot wait for the conclusion.

Dax4Play

Jan 30, 2019
I just want to say, this is fast becoming my favorite game. The incorporation of music into scenes, the story lines of all the characters, the choices feel (mostly) natural, and the girls are all gorgeous. I don't care that it's not a harem game, if anything that just makes me want to play it multiple times to see how to get each one. This is a real winner.

Oh, and the MC isn't an ugly bulky character that feels unnatural. He's actualy not terrible to see in a sex scene.

nomonsky

Dec 30, 2021
this game hits real hard, i had an inkling on what might happen but man, it still got to me.. can't wait for ch.8. awesome work.

MrPerson28475

Game Developer
Nov 25, 2020
1644002205925.png

Dev Diary, February 4th, 2022
Yet another week with good progress. I've mostly been working on animations, along with some filler renders, which reflects in the numbers.
I'm now at 276 story renders and 4,748 animation frames.
Next week I'll be focusing on story renders, which will be a nice break to the animations. Doing still renders pushes the story forward at a faster pace and long periods of animations generally feels you're at a standstill. But there's an end for every girl (and then some), so you will all get a good ending no matter who you picked of the girls. And some surprises as well.
I'm also in the process of starting the Cece figurines and Steam keys giveaways, and it should be public very shortly following this post.
Have a very nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty

4.80 star(s) 564 Votes