Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Dev Diary, February 25th, 2022

View attachment 1673758

Progress

Finally, I've been able to sit down and work in Daz uninterrupted, and I've been having a lot of fun doing so. The week started off a bit weird though, with my son testing positive for Covid on Monday, but he's already recovering and my own daily tests keep showing negative.

Story renders are now up to 493, and animation frames at 6,356, which is a decent increase compared to last week.

It's hard to explain how big the actual chapter will be, but I expect it to be larger than normal due to the number of endings. Here's a visual example of how far along the way I am at the moment, with green being done. Note that it's highly simplified, and doesn't really show the differences in endings.

Steam vs. Patreon version of the game.
I feel I should clarify a misunderstanding that somehow has emerged. The $10 Patreon tier reward is "the full copy of the game". This means you're entitled to download the Patreon version here when it's released. It does not mean that the Steam version is a part of the tier reward. I've edited the tier rewards for clarity.

Poll

I've seen a lot of statements of "that would never happen in real life", or "Drifty got it wrong" when it comes to certain elements in the Leap of Faith story. I chuckle a bit when I read them because as you might know, I've been inspired by several real-life incidents when writing this. So for the fun of it, I've included a poll this week. Answer coming next week.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
At the risk of being an obvious idiot...
  1. Who's that girl?
  2. What are people saying that Drifty got wrong and would never happen in real life?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
At the risk of being an obvious idiot...
  1. Who's that girl?
  2. What are people saying that Drifty got wrong and would never happen in real life?
  1. As mentioned, the girl is Kira with her new, less attention seeking look.
  2. Currently, the poll overwhelming favors "Being invited to a pop stars home for some weeks during a summer" and "Hooking up with said agent" as the events that never happened.
1645838878146.png

Reactions: Cabin Fever
Oct 24, 2020
i just wanted to know if there is a Open Relationship Route:p or a Harem Route:love: in Leap of Faith(y)
so all the Ladys will be Happy in the End with the MC of Leap of Faith(y)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
currently, the poll overwhelming favors "Being invited to a pop stars home for some weeks during a summer" and "Hooking up with said agent" as the events that never happened.
they did but that depends on your choices if those happened or not.

i just wanted to know if there is a Open Relationship Route:p or a Harem Route:love: in Leap of Faith(y)
so all the Ladys will be Happy in the End with the MC of Leap of Faith(y)
solo ending with 1 girl (whomever you chose) or 3some with 2 girls, no harem.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Dev Diary, February 25th, 2022

View attachment 1673758

Progress

Finally, I've been able to sit down and work in Daz uninterrupted, and I've been having a lot of fun doing so. The week started off a bit weird though, with my son testing positive for Covid on Monday, but he's already recovering and my own daily tests keep showing negative.

Story renders are now up to 493, and animation frames at 6,356, which is a decent increase compared to last week.

It's hard to explain how big the actual chapter will be, but I expect it to be larger than normal due to the number of endings. Here's a visual example of how far along the way I am at the moment, with green being done. Note that it's highly simplified, and doesn't really show the differences in endings.

Steam vs. Patreon version of the game.
I feel I should clarify a misunderstanding that somehow has emerged. The $10 Patreon tier reward is "the full copy of the game". This means you're entitled to download the Patreon version here when it's released. It does not mean that the Steam version is a part of the tier reward. I've edited the tier rewards for clarity.

Poll

I've seen a lot of statements of "that would never happen in real life", or "Drifty got it wrong" when it comes to certain elements in the Leap of Faith story. I chuckle a bit when I read them because as you might know, I've been inspired by several real-life incidents when writing this. So for the fun of it, I've included a poll this week. Answer coming next week.

Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty
Might as well look at the numbers for the sake of completeness. Drifty had a good week, rendering 110 story images and 1608 frames of animation. Overall, his average is now 55 story renders and 706 frames of animation per week since Chapter 7 was released. Here are the charts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, even at the new pace we're still still a couple months out from matching a normal chapter's worth of story renders, and the finale is likely to be larger than normal. So I'd say the charts are not especially prognostic at this point, though they do give a sense of how development has progressed.

Also, I still miss Kira's original hairstyle. :(

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi. I have 2 question.
-What are the 2 Lexi option that I missed?
screenshot0063.png
-Are there any other games that have a romanceable character use the same model as Sea? I really like her look
screenshot0065.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Srimanta

Dante589

Jan 5, 2022
Absolutley love this game, emotional roller coaster with lots of big ups and downs. highly recommended for purchase.

Reactions: Arigon

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
Just replayed and went for Holy while betraying Lexi... meh I felt so bad.
Altho in the last scene with Lexi after the DJ Kink party, we can see Lexi is mad at MC but tells him she needs to think about me loving them both :(

Could it be that we get both girls in EP8? Would be awesome :love:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Well, I'm a bit materialistic so Lexi all the way. Imagine if it was real life. Will you choose Cece over Lexi?

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes