ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I'm more disappointed in how we left things on the Kira/Robin path. It's fine if Cece helped make Kira want to go home and reconcile with her family, but does she/they really need to move back permanently?

Unless they are both really homesick and feel like they have nothing worth sticking around for (despite having the bowling alley+bar), I still feel like if they were both serious about how much they liked and were attracted to the MC, they should have at least asked the MC if he would ever consider moving with them if he was still interested in being a part of their relationship. Sure, they probably assumed he'd turn them down, though considering I'm playing their path specifically to be with them, why the hell would the MC not at least seriously consider following them once they settled back home, after all, I'd rather go with them than stay alone and single after turning everyone else down. To me, that's the biggest flaw/critique I have of their path, I'm just hoping Drifty has something in store for how to best complete their route that doesn't include ditching the MC so that he's back to square one and single.

On a side note, I did play a Robin only path last year, and all I remember from that was both Kira and Robin were all sad and depressed after I made my pick. Does anyone know how the MC+Robin path continues after they get back from L.A.? I don't feel like playing another route if I'm just going to be let down again.
Robin's path (and Kira's, for that matter) is identical no matter what the MC's relationship status with her: she and Kira argue, get back together, then decide to move away to rejoin Kira's parents. The dialog changes slightly depending on what the MC chooses (and you only get their sex scenes if you choose them, obviously), but otherwise there's no outward indication that MC dating one, the other, or both Kira and Robin matters to them in the slightest.

Frankly, IMHO their path has been a complete train wreck after Chapter 4. Kira was one of my favorites, but she's been so badly handled because Drifty can't seem to make up his mind what their relationship with the MC is supposed to be. I think he was trying to compensate for all the ways things could play out without skipping Kira's backstory or making the MC look like a homewrecker. Instead he made it look like the MC is at best a third wheel they indulge on occasion.

It's so bad that I'd honestly prefer if Drifty abandoned their route and just gave us an ending slide saying they lived happily ever after in another state. I have very little confidence he can add anything worthwhile to their story at this late date. :cry:

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Robin's path (and Kira's, for that matter) is identical no matter what the MC's relationship status with her: she and Kira argue, get back together, then decide to move away to rejoin Kira's parents. The dialog changes slightly depending on what the MC chooses (and you only get their sex scenes if you choose them, obviously), but otherwise there's no outward indication that MC dating one, the other, or both Kira and Robin matters to them in the slightest.

Frankly, IMHO their path has been a complete train wreck after Chapter 4. Kira was one of my favorites, but she's been so badly handled because Drifty can't seem to make up his mind what their relationship with the MC is supposed to be. I think he was trying to compensate for all the ways things could play out without skipping Kira's backstory or making the MC look like a homewrecker. Instead he made it look like the MC is at best a third wheel they indulge on occasion.

It's so bad that I'd honestly prefer if Drifty abandoned their route and just gave us an ending slide saying they lived happily ever after in another state. I have very little confidence he can add anything worthwhile to their story at this late date. :cry:
I literally was feeling like a 3rd wheel just after agreeing to join their relationship and not try to split them up. I liked Kira at first, but was really drawn to Robin, so despite picking Robin only at first when I first played last year, when I restarted from the beginning this last update, I chose to make an alternate save where I joined their relationship. While it was great how often they both said they were equally attracted to the MC, I soon felt like they only regarded him as little more than a flesh & blood sex toy, and seldom did anything to try and bond emotionally with him or make him feel like an actual equal member of their relationship.

It's no wonder they didn't even bother to ask the MC if he wanted to come with them to visit their hometown...and maybe depending on how that trip went, ask him if he wanted to stick around and stay with them. For all the talk Robin/Kira try to justify setting the other up with the MC and force a breakup because he's the only one that can give the other a 'normal' life complete with a marriage and kids, that was the only time they regarded the MC as more than just a cock who just so happened attached to a male, and therefore had value outside of the bedroom.

While their threesomes were sexy and hot, ultimately I felt like the MC was just a lucky guy, invited to go home with a couple of bi-curious/lesbians who after being together for several years just wanted to spice up their relationship/sex life and experiment a bit with a nice guy they can trust and feel comfortable with. Essentially it just felt like a casual, no strings attached sexual relationship, which is not what I was hoping from their path. To me, it invalidates them even being LIs and if anything, are little more than side girls who are there to just be fuckbuddies and nothing more.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I literally was feeling like a 3rd wheel just after agreeing to join their relationship and not try to split them up. I liked Kira at first, but was really drawn to Robin, so despite picking Robin only at first when I first played last year, when I restarted from the beginning this last update, I chose to make an alternate save where I joined their relationship. While it was great how often they both said they were equally attracted to the MC, I soon felt like they only regarded him as little more than a flesh & blood sex toy, and seldom did anything to try and bond emotionally with him or make him feel like an actual equal member of their relationship.

It's no wonder they didn't even bother to ask the MC if he wanted to come with them to visit their hometown...and maybe depending on how that trip went, ask him if he wanted to stick around and stay with them. For all the talk Robin/Kira try to justify setting the other up with the MC and force a breakup because he's the only one that can give the other a 'normal' life complete with a marriage and kids, that was the only time they regarded the MC as more than just a cock who just so happened attached to a male, and therefore had value outside of the bedroom.

While their threesomes were sexy and hot, ultimately I felt like the MC was just a lucky guy, invited to go home with a couple of bi-curious/lesbians who after being together for several years just wanted to spice up their relationship/sex life and experiment a bit with a nice guy they can trust and feel comfortable with. Essentially it just felt like a casual, no strings attached sexual relationship, which is not what I was hoping from their path. To me, it invalidates them even being LIs and if anything, are little more than side girls who are there to just be fuckbuddies and nothing more.
To be fair, the MC treats them like nothing more than flesh & blood sex toys, too. When he learns that something is wrong with Robin after he inserts himself into their relationship (regardless of precisely how he does so), he leaves it up to Kira to sort out while he goes to a meeting with his dad that he'd rather avoid in the first place!! In the next Chapter, he says he doesn't care if he winds up single as long as Kira and Robin are happy together. You know, that's why he started dating them, especially if he only dated Kira and set Robin up with Chris. :rolleyes:

Nothing about their route makes a lick of sense (well, after Chapter 4, the early stuff is fine as a lead in). As you say, they're side girls that Drifty mistook for proper LIs.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Kira and Robin were never going to be a true "love interest" in the sense that they already had a loving relationship and were only interested in adding a man they could trust to "fill in" the missing pieces. I understand that some players really groove with Kira, Robin, or both. But they have always been, and will always be a couple. If you understand their relationship from the beginning, this never presents as a problem. At most, you feel like you might be interfering with their love for each other. At best, you get to be the cherry on top of their already incredible relationship and lovemaking.

Reactions: eM-Ka

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
In the next Chapter, he says he doesn't care if he winds up single as long as Kira and Robin are happy together. You know, that's why he started dating them, especially if he only dated Kira and set Robin up with Chris. :rolleyes:

Nothing about their route makes a lick of sense (well, after Chapter 4, the early stuff is fine as a lead in). As you say, they're side girls that Drifty mistook for proper LIs.
Well he does talk to them both individually when he gets back in from L.A. and tries to convince them they belong with each other and not to break up...on top of having sex with them both, lol.

Kira and Robin were never going to be a true "love interest" in the sense that they already had a loving relationship and were only interested in adding a man they could trust to "fill in" the missing pieces. I understand that some players really groove with Kira, Robin, or both. But they have always been, and will always be a couple. If you understand their relationship from the beginning, this never presents as a problem. At most, you feel like you might be interfering with their love for each other. At best, you get to be the cherry on top of their already incredible relationship and lovemaking.
I agree about the part of them wanting to "fill in" the missing pieces to their relationship. I felt guilty trying to choose Kira/Robin individually and noticed almost immediately the one I picked felt "off", like they should always have been a package deal. That said, I have no problem being with both of them, its what I agreed to and signed off on when Kira first asked way back in ch.3-4?, if the MC would be ok being a part of their relationship...i.e., a part of a throuple.

At that point, I would have expected there to be an adjustment period, but once they get to L.A., and have their group date, everything should have been smooth sailing. I didn't see a reason for there to be an immediate overreaction and in my case, Robin wanting to breakup so Kira can have her 'normal' life and happy ending. It's like, they just had an amazing group date, and threesome, you'd think they'd pickup where they left off in L.A., once they got home and then waited a bit longer before the insecurity and miscommunication issues started up.

If anything, there didn't need to be any extra drama with them as they still could have decided to move back after Cece's relapse/2nd attempt. Considering the M.C.'s resolve to help Cece, Kira could have just told him she and Robin were planning on moving back to reconcile with her family and depending on how things go...maybe leave the door open to join them if he still wants to be with them both....then go straight to the epilogue where the MC either decided to join or not join them and roll credits on their path. I dunno, maybe that might actually still happen to some extent, I just would have liked to see some emotional connection is all and not being dumped/forgotten by his 2 girlfriends.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I didn't see a reason for there to be an immediate overreaction and in my case, Robin wanting to breakup so Kira can have her 'normal' life and happy ending. It's like, they just had an amazing group date, and threesome, you'd think they'd pickup where they left off in L.A., once they got home and then waited a bit longer before the insecurity and miscommunication issues started up.
Robin believed that the MC filled in the missing piece for Kira. The piece of family. The piece that could give her a baby. After seeing Kira truly happy and connecting with the MC, and that they connected so well sexually, Robin believed that she needed to let Kira go so she could find her "family". But Robin did not know that Kira could not have children. She thought Kira wanted to make a family when really, she was just a sentimental romantic who adored seeing couples and families in love.

The drama is simply that Robin did not have an integral piece of the puzzle.

But, yes, it would be wonderful to see the three live a polyamorous relationship.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What about the whole episode one setup?
The cock on Kira tail banter at the bar, the wonderful almost invited in adventure,
that wholesome bowling date, all of that cannot be for naught. It just cannot!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
What about the whole episode one setup?
The cock on Kira tail banter at the bar, the wonderful almost invited in adventure,
that wholesome bowling date, all of that cannot be for naught. It just cannot!
You can see the relationship between Kira and Robin immediately. Especially if you try alternate dialog. But what Kira was doing at the bar with the MC gets explained in the next chapter. Let's say you avoided Robin after the bowling, but then later got it on with Robin. Again, the same thing, you were just a cherry on top.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Robin believed that the MC filled in the missing piece for Kira. The piece of family. The piece that could give her a baby. After seeing Kira truly happy and connecting with the MC, and that they connected so well sexually, Robin believed that she needed to let Kira go so she could find her "family". But Robin did not know that Kira could not have children. She thought Kira wanted to make a family when really, she was just a sentimental romantic who adored seeing couples and families in love.

The drama is simply that Robin did not have an integral piece of the puzzle.

But, yes, it would be wonderful to see the three live a polyamorous relationship.
Agreed. It's just funny, because setting aside Kira not being able to get pregnant, even if she could, outside of marrying the MC, there is literally no reason the MC could not still be in a loving, romantic polyamorous relationship with them both and hypothetically speaking, get them both pregnant...unless Robin still felt guilty for taking Kira away from her family and as long as Robin was still in the picture, Kira's family will never accept their relationship like they would if Kira was coupled with the MC instead.

Reactions: Nurikabe

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I don't have a save-game near that section of the LoF story, would you (or someone else) mind sharing the interaction again, or even a save at that point so I could check it out? I just recently played Chasing Sunsets and loved it so at the time of the cameo when I played LoF I had no idea who the characters even were, lol
Thanks.
I'll leave a transcript of my specific interaction in the spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I've heard much about this game. people seem to love it,so i said to myself why not try it right!
hopefully it's as good as people say. much love for the dev and goodluck with his/her future work.
it is depending what is after, if mindless sex with every1 then not, if good story then yes.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
she hasn't changed at all while you have gotten old and fat.

on a sidenote, that house is in "quite" a many games.

• Haha
Reactions: MrPerson28475

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening folks. Hoping everyone has had a great weekend and that you an yours have been well.

I haven't posted in a while since I've been waiting to complete SanchoMod's core to v6 which has recently been done (yes, finally). I'll be porting our beloved title over as soon as I knockout a few other VN's to insure what we get here is the cream of the crop of what I currently offer publicly. For those that care, stay tuned as a boatload has been revised, polished, and added... all to the benefit of the player's experience. Feel free to see teasers of my latest releases for sneak peaks of the current core code if you wish (the one starting with an "E" is the likely current pinnacle).

I'll keep y'all posted. Regards and take care until then.

DriftyGames you have my word to remain in the proper aesthetic and to force the mod out of the way during impact scenes, etc as always. You are one of the very small few who have my utmost respect and gratitude for your labor of love. I will continue to do my best to enhance your work for the player's experience and not "hack the holy shit out of it". Regards.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 563 Votes