Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
yup, god forbid stepcests, and all other cests...long live those angelic fighters for the world pure from satanic sins!
now just waiting for the day patreon (and their pure masters) forbid any sex at all...we all do know that sex is the worst of satans deeds - made only to corrupt pure innocent humans and lure them into the hell.
It's funny because in one dialogue line, Sea/C/Christine is referred to as a step-sister, but then a little later she is referred to as the MC's half-sister. I'm sure either way wouldn't get past the Patreon censors, I'm just wondering if a possible path for her would have appeared conveniently once Kira & Robin's path closes or if there was an alternate storyline with her possibly moving from L.A. to their dad's satellite office located where they all live...wherever that is.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It's funny because in one dialogue line, Sea/C/Christine is referred to as a step-sister, but then a little later she is referred to as the MC's half-sister. I'm sure either way wouldn't get past the Patreon censors, I'm just wondering if a possible path for her would have appeared conveniently once Kira & Robin's path closes or if there was an alternate storyline with her possibly moving from L.A. to their dad's satellite office located where they all live...wherever that is.
perhaps drifty will reveal it someday :unsure:
it would be interesting to have her as another li for sure, and it is a shame those dumb patreon rules/censors ruined it (if that was an option).

• Sad
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Christine was never gonna be an LI in this game, but she will in Drifty's next game.
Normally I’d agree with you, but going by the coding mentioned in the WT mod, there was an opportunity missed to romance her if you did not give her a hug. I guess it’s a moot point now anyway.

Sep 3, 2020
Normally I’d agree with you, but going by the coding mentioned in the WT mod, there was an opportunity missed to romance her if you did not give her a hug. I guess it’s a moot point now anyway.
I really wanted a relationship with Holly

but I love monogamy and I don't like to cheat so I refuse to get together with Lexi just too dump her for Holly

and I don't do threesomes

but if I remember correctly

originally there was a way to get together with Holly without Lexi but it was removed from the game

and it still saddens me to think about

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I really wanted a relationship with Holly

but I love monogamy and I don't like to cheat so I refuse to get together with Lexi just too dump her for Holly

and I don't do threesomes

but if I remember correctly

originally there was a way to get together with Holly without Lexi but it was removed from the game

and it still saddens me to think about
I agree, I'd rather a path with Holly that doesn't require cheating on Lexi and betraying her. As it stands, if we want Holly, we can either break Lexi's heart and tell her we only love Holly and not her, or.......lesser of two evils since I refuse to make Lexi cry, I told her I loved both her and Holly. She didn't say no right away and will think about it, which is fair and the only other option I can think of if I want to be with Holly.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I agree, I'd rather a path with Holly that doesn't require cheating on Lexi and betraying her. As it stands, if we want Holly, we can either break Lexi's heart and tell her we only love Holly and not her, or.......lesser of two evils since I refuse to make Lexi cry, I told her I loved both her and Holly. She didn't say no right away and will think about it, which is fair and the only other option I can think of if I want to be with Holly.
I never got to experience the Holly path when it was possible to romance her without hurting Lexi (which is such a tragedy!). She's extremely adept at helping everyone around her despite the emotional torment she experiences on her own. If Linda wasn't such a good match for Chris I'd feel he'd probably be a welcome change to Holly's life.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I never got to experience the Holly path when it was possible to romance her without hurting Lexi (which is such a tragedy!). She's extremely adept at helping everyone around her despite the emotional torment she experiences on her own. If Linda wasn't such a good match for Chris I'd feel he'd probably be a welcome change to Holly's life.
True, but imho Holly >>> Linda, so I paired Chris and Linda together instead. I love gingers and Holly is just so gorgeous, sorry Chris, besides I think Linda deserves to be happy and her and Chris have been friends as long as her the MC, so they'd make a great couple.

ZzZzZiggy

Dec 30, 2021
Christine was never gonna be an LI in this game, but she will in Drifty's next game.
Kind sir, do you have proof of this? That Sea's gonna be in Drity's next game? Oh god I hope so! She is lovely in that awkward kind of way.... ^^

ZzZzZiggy

Dec 30, 2021
THIS (the fact that she's so empathetic and can read a room well, knowing when someone needs emotional support or just to be left alone for a bit) is what first endeared me to her. That and the fact that she's friggin' gorgeous, obv. :)) But yeah, pretty awesome human being. Which makes the Lexi thing that much more "tragic". I hope we get a nice solution to that predicament.

Sh0gvn

Dec 19, 2021

I've been spending most of the week working with Renpy, as I always do when I'm getting closer to the 1000 render mark for each chapter.

With this being the last chapter, it needs a bit of extra attention in setting up the layout, scripting different events, and the more 'cinematic' effects or multi-layered images I use to visually enhance the story. It doesn't boast huge numbers, but it simplifies everything for later when I dive in and do the dialogues. The script has grown by about 2,500 lines and includes events I still haven't rendered the visuals for.

For renders, I've mostly kept my computer idling so I could pose and render images on the fly where needed or to add new smaller scenes that would help transition between locations - and there is a heck of a lot of locations in this chapter.

Render totals for now count 910 story renders and 12,544 animated frames. The update measures 1,8GB (lossless) for now, and there's still a lot to do.

I've been targeting a summer release since I started working on the chapter, but until I start working on the main event of the chapter I honestly don't know. If calculations is correct, I need 3 months of 24/7 rendering for that event alone, but with two computers rendering at the same time, luckily that'll be cut in half. I don't want to give any definitive promises, but now you know the plan. Still, it doesn't take many hiccups before we're talking early autumn instead.

I haven't released the usual sneak peek video, because it needs renders from that main event, and I render the story as you would read it - start to finish. So this time around I might hold off on it until I have a release date ready.

Last week, someone asked if I could include the render from that dev diary in 4k, so here are all three versions - HD, 4k and ultrawide. And enjoy the preview at the top. ps: It's actually a flawed render, where I forgot to add the wet skin effect. But don't tell anyone. :)

Oh, and if you haven't already, drop by the Chasing Sunsets Discord and give Kentyrr a well-deserved birthday greeting today.
Have a nice Easter if you celebrate it, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

ep8_cece12_b.png ep8_cece12b_4k.png ep8_cece12b_UW.png

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
the last chapter? i didnt know the game was finishing after this one, unless he is doing a season 2.. anyone know more?

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
the last chapter? i didnt know the game was finishing after this one, unless he is doing a season 2.. anyone know more?
From what I heard some time ago on this thread its that Drifty had planned to finish the story in 8 chapters,So that would be a No on doing more after this chapter.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
From what I heard some time ago on this thread its that Drifty had planned to finish the story in 8 chapters,So that would be a No on doing more after this chapter.
damn, thats a shame. its a good story so id def check out any others he makes after.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I've been spending most of the week working with Renpy, as I always do when I'm getting closer to the 1000 render mark for each chapter.

With this being the last chapter, it needs a bit of extra attention in setting up the layout, scripting different events, and the more 'cinematic' effects or multi-layered images I use to visually enhance the story. It doesn't boast huge numbers, but it simplifies everything for later when I dive in and do the dialogues. The script has grown by about 2,500 lines and includes events I still haven't rendered the visuals for.

For renders, I've mostly kept my computer idling so I could pose and render images on the fly where needed or to add new smaller scenes that would help transition between locations - and there is a heck of a lot of locations in this chapter.

Render totals for now count 910 story renders and 12,544 animated frames. The update measures 1,8GB (lossless) for now, and there's still a lot to do.

I've been targeting a summer release since I started working on the chapter, but until I start working on the main event of the chapter I honestly don't know. If calculations is correct, I need 3 months of 24/7 rendering for that event alone, but with two computers rendering at the same time, luckily that'll be cut in half. I don't want to give any definitive promises, but now you know the plan. Still, it doesn't take many hiccups before we're talking early autumn instead.

I haven't released the usual sneak peek video, because it needs renders from that main event, and I render the story as you would read it - start to finish. So this time around I might hold off on it until I have a release date ready.

Last week, someone asked if I could include the render from that dev diary in 4k, so here are all three versions - HD, 4k and ultrawide. And enjoy the preview at the top. ps: It's actually a flawed render, where I forgot to add the wet skin effect. But don't tell anyone. :)

Oh, and if you haven't already, drop by the Chasing Sunsets Discord and give Kentyrr a well-deserved birthday greeting today.
Have a nice Easter if you celebrate it, and stay safe out there.

// Drifty

View attachment 1758067 View attachment 1758068 View attachment 1758069
New numbers again, yay!

In the last three weeks Drifty has completed 101 story renders and 1126 frames of animation, an average of roughly 34 story renders and 375 frames of animation per week. Overall, Drifty has averaged ~57 story renders and 784 frames of animation per week since Chapter 7 launched. Here's the same information in chart form:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As you can see, we've already hit a comparable amount of animation to Chapter 7 and there's still plenty to go. Story renders are still something like 2 months from hitting Chapter 7's mark, and I suspect they'll likewise exceed it. So Drifty's target for a summer release is probably plausible, though I'd say we're talking more about August than June. It will be a long wait, but I can't really blame him for wanting to go big for the finale.

Mar 24, 2022
Why do I feel some sort of wedding or engagement party or something happening? What was in that folder from Linda? I know Cece got creampied at the end of E4, is she pregnant? Baby shower? I mean the "main event' might have nothing to do with her, but I'm assuming it does. And what were they talking about at the end of E7 before Cece went into Helping Hands? They said they've discussed it a few times, etc.

I mean in some sort of time jump, I can see them getting married, as I see Chris & Linda doing so. Cece even looks like she's wearing some sort of bridal negligee in that render. I'm positive I can't be that far off.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I'm more disappointed in how we left things on the Kira/Robin path. It's fine if Cece helped make Kira want to go home and reconcile with her family, but does she/they really need to move back permanently?

Unless they are both really homesick and feel like they have nothing worth sticking around for (despite having the bowling alley+bar), I still feel like if they were both serious about how much they liked and were attracted to the MC, they should have at least asked the MC if he would ever consider moving with them if he was still interested in being a part of their relationship. Sure, they probably assumed he'd turn them down, though considering I'm playing their path specifically to be with them, why the hell would the MC not at least seriously consider following them once they settled back home, after all, I'd rather go with them than stay alone and single after turning everyone else down. To me, that's the biggest flaw/critique I have of their path, I'm just hoping Drifty has something in store for how to best complete their route that doesn't include ditching the MC so that he's back to square one and single.

On a side note, I did play a Robin only path last year, and all I remember from that was both Kira and Robin were all sad and depressed after I made my pick. Does anyone know how the MC+Robin path continues after they get back from L.A.? I don't feel like playing another route if I'm just going to be let down again.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
After recovering from the end of Ch 6 scene I finally found the strength to do a second playthrough to make a Cece only save file. This is going to be a bit of a rambly post but I found a few things interesting during this second playthrough.

Cece's Importance in the Story
All devs show some bias towards a specific character in their story despite offering players the choice of romancing several. BaDIK is a more popular example of this with a slight bias towards Jill. However Drifty took a very unique approach to showing his bias since Cece is the one of two character who breaks the fourth (the other being the MC in chapter 6 during the lake scene and a couple of times in chapter 7). We even get a bit of a hilarious render in chapter 6 where Cece is shown to have access to her own choice selection boxes we normally see when controlling the MC.

Another detail adding to this is her ability to read the MC's mind starting as early as chapter 4 during the first night we spend with her. She also reads his mind again in chapter 6 at the prom dance in which our character shows he's aware of it by directly talking to her through thought alone.

Out of all of the characters she honestly feels like the non-playable counterpart to the MC since she spends an equal amount of time and effort trying to help fix each of the LI's alongside you. Her role in the story honestly slipped under my radar the first time with how subtle Drifty was with writing her character (and another reason why she's my absolute favorite).

Subtle Messages to the Player
This was also another detail that slipped under my radar the first time. Some of the dialogues from the MC and Cece never made much sense until after I played through the story and could understand what they were referencing. I believe it was chapter 2 where Drifty adds in a detail that eludes to the scene that plays out in the end of chapter 6 and further reinforces this in chapter 7. The message Drifty was sending us was that the most important thing we can do for the people around us is to support them and accept that we can't control their actions. This was even directly stated by the MC in chapter 7 when he mentioned that there was no combination of choices that could've changed the outcome despite how close we ended up getting.

Chasing Sunsets Cameo
This was such a well done crossover with Stoya and Kentyrr that I hope we see our MC make an appearance in Chasing Sunsets. Jaye ranks among my top 3 best written characters and Drifty did an amazing job at providing CS fans with more context behind her character despite how brief the encounter was. The dialogue between our character and Jaye was honestly a strong message to Jaye in learning to accept that things happen to try to forgive it.

The Overall Theme
And finally, the theme of LoF. We're thrown into this story as a depressed guy who lacks confidence in himself after a rough relationship. The story centers around the idea that everyone is flawed in some way, but that we also have our strengths too. It's only when people work together do you realize that the strengths of one person helps to cover the weaknesses of another, and the last character to realize this was Cece. It's only after she went through with her plan that she started to realize she despite her many strengths she can't fight her depression alone.

What's even more impressive is the subthemes in each chapter is what builds up to the main theme at the end of chapter 7. I could go on for literal hours fanboying over Drifty's ridiculous writing skills but this post is already long enough.

Seriously, this game was such a gem to find and I can't wait to see the massive finale that is chapter 8. There's still so many loose ends that need wrapping up that I'm fairly certain we're going to see some time jumps between each character's ending (with the LI(s) most likely being the last of the bunch).

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
The dialogue between our character and Jaye was honestly a strong message to Jaye in learning to accept that things happen to try to forgive it.
I don't have a save-game near that section of the LoF story, would you (or someone else) mind sharing the interaction again, or even a save at that point so I could check it out? I just recently played Chasing Sunsets and loved it so at the time of the cameo when I played LoF I had no idea who the characters even were, lol
Thanks.

4.80 star(s) 564 Votes