Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
I agree, do you know how I can listen to the soundtrack? It doesn't pop up when I shazam it
I see Drifty himself beat me to the punch, but yeah I was just listening from the music menu in the game. Except for Love Automatic, that one is in my favorites on Youtube and 3 different playlists.

Incidentally, I'm starting to think this thread could have pretty epic "rank the songs" battles to rival even the fiercest "your wifu is shit tier" shootouts :D

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
Actually, let's have a go at it... I propose a top 3 in the traditional chart show countdown format. Let's have some song rankings.

3: Lance Conrad - Born to drive me crazy.
2: ORKAS - Lie in the sun.
1: Katrina Stone - Love automatic.

Almost had to go back and change it to a top 5, but let's try and keep it reasonable.

Baelic

Jun 11, 2017
Interesting thusfar. some typos here and there but nothing ungodly terrible, and decent characters. I am quite intrigued by jumper girl, i get the sense she's got a bit of bipolar disorder going on just maybe, or something of the sort. I can't wait to find out more, and catch her next time she falls to inner darkness.

despot444

Mar 10, 2018
I would like to see more proper romance games. Also unlike many MCs who have no soul, this dude, damn, warms my heart. He has his own character. Whoever wrote him, makes me see future brighter than before. Also I really don't care about animations in these games (I don't know if they are hard to make) but couple of moving images such more than enough. 5/5

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
Some signatures/
LOF-a.gif LOF-b.gif LOF-c.gif
LOF-d.gif

Links/
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/700579_LOF-a.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/700580_LOF-b.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/700581_LOF-c.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/700582_LOF-d.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/06/707214_LOF-Steph.gif

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I would like to see more proper romance games. Also unlike many MCs who have no soul, this dude, damn, warms my heart. He has his own character. Whoever wrote him, makes me see future brighter than before. Also I really don't care about animations in these games (I don't know if they are hard to make) but couple of moving images such more than enough. 5/5

Agreed, that's why we have such a healthy debate over whether Steph's evil is Wicked Witch level or Red Queen level. ;)

All of the characters have more to them besides being "fuck dolls", a rare and great thing. I look forward to seeing what happens next.

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
DriftyGames - any chance you can confirm the following, it looks like it's the case and I used both the clean install and the walkthrough mod to test.

I've seen it mentioned in here before & don't know if the wishing Lexi "Good luck" bug (via Nuke whilst shopping with Linda/Cece) has been fixed but it looks like the net result is that the variable "ep2LexiReply" is not being set to "True" anywhere - and at the end of the chapter it states that you didn't manage to give Lexi your phone number.

If you want to successfully give Lexi your phone number (to presumably enable further progression with her) you can do it via the console.

(1) First you'll have to edit the "console.rpy" file in <path to game>\renpy\common with something like Notepad++ and change "config.console = False" to "config.console = True"

(2) When shopping with Linda/Cece and the MC & Chris are sat down you see the comment "If only I had something to do right now." Open Nuke on the phone, respond to the photo of Lexi from Chris and you get stuck on "Good Luck"

(3) Exit the phone and when Chris falls backwards to sleep you see him "zzz". Press <Shift>+o to access the console and enter:

$ ep2LexiReply = True

(4) Hit <Esc> to exit the console and after the MC says "I envy you, Chris..." you should be able to go back to the Nuke app on the phone and find that Lexi has responded to the photo of the MC in a towel & rabbit slippers. If you didn't change the "ep2LexiReply" variable there won't be a response.

At the end of the chapter you should then see that you were able to give Lexi your phone number.

The only file containing "ep2LexiReply" is "script02.rpy" (for chapter 2) and it's in 2 "if ep2LexiReply:" statements - for the reply about slippers from Lexi above and for confirmation that you gave her your number at the end.

DriftyGames

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2020
DriftyGames - any chance you can confirm the following, it looks like it's the case and I used both the clean install and the walkthrough mod to test.

I've seen it mentioned in here before & don't know if the wishing Lexi "Good luck" bug (via Nuke whilst shopping with Linda/Cece) has been fixed but it looks like the net result is that the variable "ep2LexiReply" is not being set to "True" anywhere - and at the end of the chapter it states that you didn't manage to give Lexi your phone number.

[snip]

The only file containing "ep2LexiReply" is "script02.rpy" (for chapter 2) and it's in 2 "if ep2LexiReply:" statements - for the reply about slippers from Lexi above and for confirmation that you gave her your number at the end.
Nobody have reported this bug in the #bug-reports on my discord, but I've seen it mentioned once before without managing to duplicate the bug on my end.

1. Can you verify that you are playing on 0.2.2c?
2. In the task/opportunity app, is the Lexi deadline set to 23:59 or 18:00.

The ep2LexiReply variable is being toggled on in Nuke app script. That is why you don't see it in the script02 file.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes