hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
And again, about destiny, I had chosen this path after studying technological sciences, after the loss of my little sister, which led me to the United States and to meeting Minou. It is more than certainly for this reason that this game, LoF, we liked and marked so much.
For me, the most bitter-sweet moments of seeing some sort of destiny at play are the times when I realize that I was a huge part of the puzzle but not the ultimate solution longer term for someone I truly loved. In retrospect, it often brings some combination of relief, understanding, and at least a tinge of heartache (depending on timing). The few girls I felt this strongly about romantically in my life I can now look back and see clearly why things needed to happen like they did to get them and myself where we needed to be respectively. Despite the pain that can come with parting ways initially, when I realized in hindsight that there were certain things I ultimately couldn't have been/provided (and sometimes things they couldn't be that I needed) which were key to their (and my own) happiness it makes sense of things that were once just lingering questions and what ifs. I end up glad that they found the person that was all the right things for them and happy to have been a key part of them getting there. Clarity and perspective can take a good amount of time though. Some still own a piece of my heart regardless of how much I've moved on or who I'm with and I'm okay with that.

Then there are some things our heart can never fully understand but our head can find a way of reaching some peace with until, if we're lucky, more of the big picture is revealed. Playing LoF when I did was very timely to some of these occurrences in my own life and got me back into taking a more active role in it again... opening doors I'd been too scared to open for a good while.

Anyway. I'm really sorry for the huge wall of text but I wanted to share a unique memory of mine. Some perhaps learn something from it. I really don't know.
Thanks for sharing. It honestly had me riveted reading through the twists and turns. I'd watch that movie. I wrote most of the above before reading it and I hope that it applies to you and you've made some sort of sense out of your own situation and can be happy with the role you played in it. You've still got a long road ahead and, to steal Brout's wording, the wheel keeps turning.

I also still clearly remember the day 20 years ago from next Thursday when I had my heart broken for the second time by someone I had my own romantic-comedy style seemingly destined re-connection story with. I'll spare you the details but I just wanted to let you know I can definitely empathize. After a while I did find out she'd ended up getting married (to a guy she was leaving and had left while we were reconnecting) and had a kid - which is what she wanted most in the world and had been at risk of not being able to have as time progressed due to a medical condition. It was also something I wasn't at all equipped for at that point in my life. So while it was hard to swallow at the time, I was also happy for her, and it helped me make sense of something that wasn't meant to work out between her and I no matter how it might have seemed at the time. That's an extremely abbreviated version of one of the examples of things I was speaking of more generally above and not necessarily one of the better examples at that.

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

bloombee

Sep 16, 2017
That's an extremely abbreviated version of one of the examples of things I was speaking of more generally above and not necessarily one of the better examples at that.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and unique perspectives on it as well. I think in the end, we all come to a point where we could accept one thing; The wheel keeps turning, no matter how slow or fast.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
This reminds me of something Captain Malcom Reynolds said on an episode of Firefly, "Wheel never stops turning." Then the person he was speaking to said "That only matters to the people on the rim."
It's Captain Malcolm Reynolds not malcom! Pffff... :cautious:
Are you the middle hamster that spins the wheel? Cause i have one or two thing to request if so :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

thatonecyan

May 19, 2020
Well that was a wild ride... I knew pretty much immediately that I liked Cece the most. There were ups and downs but I didn't really regret choosing her no matter what happened. I stuck it to the end as much as it hurt at times and was rewarded for it. Well, I was pretty into Holly too. Maybe I will play again and try to do more for her, she was very fun and charming. Drifty did a really good job. If I had one point that was less enjoyable it was probably the secret behind Steph's disappearance, it was a bit awkward.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Well that was a wild ride... I knew pretty much immediately that I liked Cece the most. There were ups and downs but I didn't really regret choosing her no matter what happened. I stuck it to the end as much as it hurt at times and was rewarded for it. Well, I was pretty into Holly too. Maybe I will play again and try to do more for her, she was very fun and charming. Drifty did a really good job. If I had one point that was less enjoyable it was probably the secret behind Steph's disappearance, it was a bit awkward.
Well, Cece is the most obvious choice because pretty much everything revolves around her, but yeah, we liked Holly's character a lot too, and even the way she was introduced to the game, but as soon as 'she arrived at the mansion, my heart skipped three heartbeats. I don't hide that it's our favorite LI. I would really like to see her more involved in a game, maybe in a future game, who knows?

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Well, Cece is the most obvious choice because pretty much everything revolves around her, but yeah, we liked Holly's character a lot too, and even the way she was introduced to the game, but as soon as 'she arrived at the mansion, my heart skipped three heartbeats. I don't hide that it's our favorite LI. I would really like to see her more involved in a game, maybe in a future game, who knows?

YES!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Well that was a wild ride... I knew pretty much immediately that I liked Cece the most. There were ups and downs but I didn't really regret choosing her no matter what happened. I stuck it to the end as much as it hurt at times and was rewarded for it. Well, I was pretty into Holly too. Maybe I will play again and try to do more for her, she was very fun and charming.
Same here as well... Cece path and absolutely loved it without question but definitely started to fall for some of the other girls (particularly Lexi and Holly) a bit as the game progressed. Since then I've been very interested in doing the Lexi, Holly, and Linda routes (the latter mainly out of curiosity about what was going on with her) to see more about them. I also want to try variations of some of the other choices I made while playing other routes. I still haven't gotten to my second playthrough and it's been months, but I felt like I needed to set aside proper time before playing the game again and then allowing myself enough time to play again which I haven't had yet, hehe. My only reservation about Holly is that knowing her issue, I'm a bit cautious but still curious as to how things play out. She's such a sweetheart.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 559 Votes