hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Chris can only go with Linda or Holly though
You mean on the Lexi route specifically? I've never been clear on the requirements for getting him and Robin to work out successfully. Is it just that you need to have not slept with her, also have told Kira you weren't okay with her and Robin, or does it only really work out when you've done both and are also on the solo Kira route (assuming that it does there)?

As for Steam achievements well, you can already see the evil in it. I honestly, truly don't understand why someone will tack on hours of a game, following paths you have no interest in, just to be a Steam completist, but I allow as to how different folks/strokes, whatever.
I once had a similar mindset for a period of time regarding gaming in general where I didn't understand why my friends spent as much time/money on gaming as they did (compared to what I thought they could/should be doing) and I tended to mostly only play games socially despite having grown up loving them, and yet here I am now, lol. Perspective is a funny thing.

At this point, more broadly speaking about games in general (not just AVNs), I'm an ex-completionist and achievement hunter in recovery that still struggles with it here and there (especially if it's a game I really care about or enjoy playing and achievements aren't far off from things I'm already intending to do). It was largely fueled by my OCD (so not great for my mental health) and I started to need to reign it in over time as I had less and less time for gaming over the years. Rationally, I can see both the view you hold on it (I'm in a similar mindset these days despite my tendencies) and also understand that the extra layer of gaming/challenge it can provide can be very interesting/satisfying for those that enjoy it (even without OCD). When it becomes more frustrating/bothersome than enjoyable overall is when it may no longer make sense... but then again, people play some types of games that can be extremely frustrating just to play because they get satisfaction out of challenge/accomplishment they can provide, so who knows? As you said, different strokes. ;)

Anyway, I've curbed the completionist tendencies to a large degree and I try to resist caring about achievements at all but a lot of what I end up caring about and to what degree tends to be down to the game (and possibly what the achievements are themselves).

whatabout curves on women? :p
Now you're speaking my language. ;) Don't think I've ever heard one described as having nice corners, lol.

Last edited:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Don't worry about whether you should do this or that, just do whatever you want to do. If that doesn't work out then play it a different way the next time. The game has lots of options. Chris can only go with Linda or Holly though, so that's your choice there. Fine tune with guidance if you feel you need to but the fun in the game (or any game) is the exploration. If you're following directions/guides explicitly then you might as well simply be reading the game instead of playing it. As for Steam achievements well, you can already see the evil in it. I honestly, truly don't understand why someone will tack on hours of a game, following paths you have no interest in, just to be a Steam completist, but I allow as to how different folks/strokes, whatever. i have better things to do with my time, like discussing road and traffic structure with you fine folk. lol :)
The issue with achievements is picking what they should be.

I mean, if you make achievements like "Play X hours" or "complete X route" or "be level X" or whatever they are worthless because people will pick them up without trying. So they just become a meaningless merit badge. And that is where I feel most games fail.

Achievements need to be actual achievements. As in something you would be proud of even if there wasn't a shiny badge on steam telling everyone you did it. That way the badge isn't the goal but just proof of achievement.

So stuff like find all secrets, complete all events with maximum score etc.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
... Chris can only go with Linda or Holly though ...
You mean on the Lexi route specifically?
This is just incorrect. There is only one condition that prevents Chris from having a chance with any of the three girls: You can't do anything sexual with the girl in question during the game. You can extrapolate the possibilities from there.

EDIT: modified the statement to clarify what I meant

Last edited:
Reactions: hampsure and vcxz

vcxz

May 7, 2017
This is just incorrect. There is only one condition that prevents Chris from having a chance with any of the three girls: If you get with the girl in-game. You can extrapolate the possibilities from there.
Actually for Robin, there is a second condition: Do not sleep with her / reject her after playing video games at her house.
How exactly do you get this ending? There is nothing about it in the written walkthrough and I think I've only ever seen Lexi's 'toilet' ending. There is only one dialogue choice (yes/no) in the golf club scene, but that doesn't appear to make a difference.
Allow me to ask again... :giggle: What decision(s) will lead to Lexi's alternative 'lewd' ending? I figured it might have something to do with catching Lexi early while she was still undressed on the private jet. Or having the threesome with Holly but choosing to continue on the Lexi solo path. But that didn't make a difference. What am I missing?

Reactions: hampsure

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Actually for Robin, there is a second condition: Do not sleep with her / reject her after playing video games at her house.
Sorry, I thought I didn't need to clarify. I was implying that in my statement.

What decision(s) will lead to Lexi's alternative 'lewd' ending?
Actually, I don't know if there's one without Holly, I don't remember.

Reactions: vcxz

vcxz

May 7, 2017
Sorry, I thought I didn't need to clarify. I was implying that in my statement.
My bad, I misinterpreted 'getting with' as picking the girl's path. :) But I see you edited your post for clarification.
Actually, I don't know if there's one without Holly, I don't remember.
So there are variations on the Holly+Lexi ending? Now I'm confused. Because I remember someone mentioning a 'lewd' or 'exhibitionist' Lexi ending that had something to do with choices made on the golf course, but I couldn't figure it out. There is no mention of it in the PDF walkthrough.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
My bad, I misinterpreted 'getting with' as picking the girl's path. :) But I see you edited your post for clarification.

So there are variations on the Holly+Lexi ending? Now I'm confused. Because I remember someone mentioning a 'lewd' or 'exhibitionist' Lexi ending that had something to do with choices made on the golf course, but I couldn't figure it out. There is no mention of it in the PDF walkthrough.
did we actually make any choices on the golf course... now I have to play again...

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Those most definitely affect journey time! even in a Dyson sphere!
In principal yes. Just keep in mind that the relative time dilation induced by the added curves is inversely proportionate to the distance between her and your self in accordance to the square cube law. And given just how weak gravity is as a force you have to get pretty dam close before you start noticing its effects.

So to get optimal scientific results you should try and keep the distance as close as possible for as long as possible. Preferably ensuring a generous overlap at all times or barring that at least close physical contact.

Furthermore, given just how weak the gravitational effects of the average human body mass are even something as little as clothing can severely impact your measurements. So you should avoid them if possible.

Finally, if you want to amplify the effects further I would suggest you take part in some form of strenuous yet enjoyable physical activity to both stimulate the circulation to your brain thus inducing a heightened ability to analyze the effects of the experiment as well as to induce the known effect of fun induced time dilation so as to give you more time to record them.

Just make sure to publish your results here when you are done for the purposes of pier review.

• Haha
Reactions: Grif1001

vcxz

May 7, 2017
did we actually make any choices on the golf course... now I have to play again...
I think it was this post by Tremonia, but I'm not sure how to get to that ending.
No, that has nothing to do with Holly or Chris. There's an ending where Lexi gets a thrill from lewdiness in public. It depends on how you acted with her in the golf club.
Apologies, I think I might have caused some confusion here. What I meant was that early in the game you get to decide which path to pursue, namely when lying in bed at Lexi's mansion. When you pick Linda, you can no longer set up Chris with her. The same goes for Robin when you pick Robin/Robin+Kira. But you can sleep with Robin in her house before travelling to Los Angeles and choose another girl as your love interest, Lexi for instance. So the way I read it, was that you're 'getting with' Lexi on that playthrough, therefore technically Robin will be available to match with Chris. But suggesting Robin to Chris will result in failure when you slept with her earlier in the game.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Curves and corners are used interchangably in many settings, one notable one being in motor racing, where the circuit will generally be divided between significant deviations. You don't hear commentators talk about 'curve numbers,' but rather corners. You can probably split hairs but either way, the point (that there are many things that change actual journey time other than speed limit, including curvature) stands.
Wide, gentle curves don't change much or add much to travel time (nor do occasional sharp curves), and the US interstate system was created, in part, to provide long stretches of straight highways to land B-52s and other aircraft in the event of the Cold War going hot. Not a lot of slow down or time suck involved with US highways until you hit major suburban/urban areas.

And, as you noted previously, the real world isn't NASCAR, so we don't use "corner" for "curve" driving in reality.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Top Gear (original) is UK based - where everyone seems to have gone 'round the bend!

There is a US version of Top Gear, but I never got into it.
Was UK based. Now it's just dead. Only worse. They couldn't even let it die gracefully.

Like seriously. I get it. Clarkson was not the nicest human being. But he and the other two had a chemistry that was the soul of the show. They should just have shut it down after they left.

Or better yet they should have done the British thing of suffering his excesses until he dies or grows too old to perform and than outing them in a massive investigation to ruin his legacy and cover up the excesses of the current generation. After all, all he did was act like a spoiled diva. Sure, that sucks but like the BBC put up and covered up Jimmy bloody Seville. And that guy did a lot more than just act spoiled and punch a producer. They could have sucked up and let us have Top Gear for a couple more seasons.

4.80 star(s) 563 Votes