Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
One of the few places I've actually been in Texas, oddly enough. Man, the size of some of the roads out there are insane though. o_O
A big section of the Katy Freeway (I-10, west of the West 610 loop out to the Katy area) has a total of 26 lanes if you include the 4-lane feeders on either side and managed lanes down the middle.

• Wow
Reactions: hampsure

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I am convinced that Portal Technology already exists but is being restrained and constrained by the the Automotive, transportation, oil and gas, travel, shipping, and infrastructure industries. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Nah: what's really true is that there are special lanes for the Stone Cutters.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha

cheezed

Sep 28, 2019
If there was no traffic, they wouldn't build so many lanes to finally, eventually, solve traffic for real this time! Not like all those other times they ignored the Jevons Paradox.

(To get to the actual point though, average journey time is not the same as speed limits because even in a perfectly spherical road free of all blemishes you have traffic lights, corners, intersections and the desire to eat a hoagie after a few hours on the road)

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
You guys are dicks. You're all taking these mind-altering highway drugs and you haven't shared them at all. I want some of what you all have been smoking so that I can rhapsodize over random events of urban and rural mechanized transport too. I mean, I have utterly revolutionary, mind-bending observations and ideas. I just can't express them properly without entering into the same altered state you guys are in, otherwise you'll never understand them. :ROFLMAO:

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
You're all taking these mind-altering highway drugs and you haven't shared them at all. I want some of what you all have been smoking so that I can rhapsodize over random events of urban and rural mechanized transport too.
desire to eat a hoagie after a few hours on the road
Forget the road, just hook me up with some of what Talion's talking about and a nice hoagie and I'll be good to go. :giggle: Heck, now that I'm thinking about a hoagie (here they're called subs but I also have family/friends in places they're called hoagies or even grinders) I could really go for one regardless of a the drive or drugs, lol.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
even in a perfectly spherical road free of all blemishes you have traffic lights, corners, intersections and the desire to eat a hoagie after a few hours on the road)
How the hell do you get corners on a perfectly spherical road? Also how are corners and Intersections separate things? isn't an intersection of two roads the very thing that creates a corner? I'm confused! I guess I need more of the drugs that no one bothered to shared with talion777 to figure this out.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
(here they're called subs but I also have family/friends in places they're called hoagies or even grinders)
I have heard them called grinders, but I can't do that. For me the word Grinder will forever be associated with the mile square chunk of asphalt we did PT on at the Naval Boot Camp in Orlando, Florida when I was there in Fall of '93. So whenever I hear the term "Grinder" I am instantly transported back to the one place on Earth that I most closely associate with a literal manifestation of a biblical hell.

• Wow

cheezed

Sep 28, 2019
That's the

how are corners and Intersections separate things?
Every time a road goes in a direction that is not straight and forces you to turn, it is a corner. Contrary to nascar ovals, cars do in fact turn in multiple directions. I hope you learned something.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
If there was no traffic, they wouldn't build so many lanes to finally, eventually, solve traffic for real this time! Not like all those other times they ignored the Jevons Paradox.

(To get to the actual point though, average journey time is not the same as speed limits because even in a perfectly spherical road free of all blemishes you have traffic lights, corners, intersections and the desire to eat a hoagie after a few hours on the road)
I defy anyone to give me an example of a spherical road. :unsure:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
That's the

Every time a road goes in a direction that is not straight and forces you to turn, it is a corner. Contrary to nascar ovals, cars do in fact turn in multiple directions. I hope you learned something.
Yep I learned something about you!

All I know about corners I learned from Creedence Clearwater Revival, they know all about Corners. That's where Willy and the Poor Boys play.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
That's the

A curve isn't a corner.

A corner is usually at an intersection - sometimes that intersection is an ending of one road and the beginning of another road going to the right or the left, or both.

If you consider a curve a corner, I suspect someone dropped you on your noggin as a small child.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
A curve isn't a corner.

A corner is usually at an intersection - sometimes that intersection is an ending of one road and the beginning of another road going to the right or the left, or both.

If you consider a curve a corner, I suspect someone dropped you on your noggin as a small child.
A curve could be presumably be any type of turn that isn't at exactly a right angle and is less than 90 degrees, so if we remember our calculus we could use pretty much any value for an angle that approaches a right angle but isn't a right angle and still call it a curve because it's rounded, no matter how infinitesimally. I would submit to you that most municipal workers in most cities have likely built curves rather than corners and that we have an almost limitless potential for lemonade stands, gas stations, brothels, or what have you at curves that resemble corners, but that aren't actually corners, and that curves on municipal roads vastly outnumber actual corners. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (there is of course a flaw in this reasoning if we remember our geometry, but it's still fun to consider anyway, and everyone knows municipal workers are incompetent, so.... lol)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
A curve isn't a corner.

I almost said exactly the same thing, but I changed my post because what I had written wasn't phrased as nicely as you put it. I wonder if the confusion is because the term for making a sharp turn is "cornering" not curving... but that still doesn't make a curve into a corner.

I do my best to be as cordial as possible on here, even though I was raised on the proverb that "If you can't say something nice...."

"SAY SOMETHING MEAN REAL LOUD!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I almost said exactly the same thing, but I changed my post because what I had written wasn't phrased as nicely as you put it. I wonder if the confusion is because the term for making a sharp turn is "cornering" not curving... but that still doesn't make a curve into a corner.

I do my best to be as cordial as possible on here, even though I was raised on the proverb that "If you can't say something nice...."

"SAY SOMETHING MEAN REAL LOUD!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There's always "kill them with kindness."

In an unrelated thought, maybe I'll have "Bondad" engraved on my Vaquero .44M...:unsure:

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Honestly, I would say do Lexi next and do all of the extras if you know them, like contact Lexi before she calls you when you are with Kira, start the party on the plane, etc.
And, my recommendation is that you make a save point when you first meet Holly at Lexi's place and she pulls you to the side and asks how you feel about Lexi, because one of the options is to flirt with Holly at that point. Then later you can play the Lexi/Holly path from that point forward without starting all over.

(to be honest, if you make a save point when Chris asks you how you feel about Steph in the clothing store, you can pretty much start all future routes from that point if you want a quicker/shorter game.
Sorry to interrupt with talk about the game, lol, but I'm finally doing the final preparations to start the next playthrough (Lexi). One more question:

Should I turn on the Extra Content option from the DLC? I haven't played with it on yet but I'm tempted here (not sure how much it changes).

I was also planning to do certain things a bit differently than I did the first time around to see what changes and minimize extra time spent a bit (like stop Steph, not bringing Steph back, rejecting Kira and Robin but possibly also telling them I'm not okay with two girls together - which is really messed up lol, and setting Chris up with someone besides Linda, or no one, or someone that will fail but I don't think I can do that to my boy) but I either don't know if I have the heart to go through with some of them, don't necessarily want to do them in this route or certain future routes, or the worst possible offender - there's a Steam achievement influencing me :FacePalm: ... so I guess I'm likely to make choices to appease all these disparate things as best I can and just wait for a different playthrough to try some of the other choices. We'll have to see which wins out, me wanting to have the story be the way I like it, me wanting to see different outcomes, or me giving in to evil Steam achievement OCD, meh.

Regardless, starting up the game again felt like coming home. :D

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Sorry to interrupt with talk about the game, lol, but I'm finally doing the final preparations to start the next playthrough (Lexi). One more question:

Should I turn on the Extra Content option from the DLC? I haven't played with it on yet but I'm tempted here (not sure how much it changes).

I was also planning to do certain things a bit differently than I did the first time around to see what changes and minimize extra time spent a bit (like stop Steph, not bringing Steph back, rejecting Kira and Robin but possibly also telling them I'm not okay with two girls together - which is really messed up lol, and setting Chris up with someone besides Linda, or no one, or someone that will fail but I don't think I can do that to my boy) but I either don't know if I have the heart to go through with some of them, don't necessarily want to do them in this route or certain future routes, or the worst possible offender - there's a Steam achievement influencing me :FacePalm: ... so I guess I'm likely to make choices to appease all these disparate things as best I can and just wait for a different playthrough to try some of the other choices. We'll have to see which wins out, me wanting to have the story be the way I like it, me wanting to see different outcomes, or me giving in to evil Steam achievement OCD, meh.

Don't worry about whether you should do this or that, just do whatever you want to do. If that doesn't work out then play it a different way the next time. The game has lots of options. Chris can only go with Linda or Holly though, so that's your choice there. Fine tune with guidance if you feel you need to but the fun in the game (or any game) is the exploration. If you're following directions/guides explicitly then you might as well simply be reading the game instead of playing it. As for Steam achievements well, you can already see the evil in it. I honestly, truly don't understand why someone will tack on hours of a game, following paths you have no interest in, just to be a Steam completist, but I allow as to how different folks/strokes, whatever. i have better things to do with my time, like discussing road and traffic structure with you fine folk. lol :)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

If you've played through once, I'd turn everything on (Walkthrough if you want it, Extra content and commentary). But then, I live for commentary.

4.80 star(s) 560 Votes