hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Well, very early on, I started moving very often. And when I'm talking about moving, I'm not talking about just going to another neighborhood or even a nearby town. The closest move was 450 kilometers away, or about 280 miles, or four hours away (I specify because I saw that some people are already arguing about this :p ) and the furthest were on other continents, without talk about frequent travel, as we are doing today. So keeping all my old stuff was never an option.
I do envy the ability to just pick up and go that some people have. I was better at it when I was younger but still the most I ever actually moved was always a few hours away tops.

Minou, on the other hand, is more conservative. The other day, I found her high school cheerleader outfit in a suitcase. I'm sure she'd eat my eyes if I dared throw her away.:giggle:
Resisting questioning or commenting on this in any way, shape, or form for all of our sakes. :whistle:

What do you want me to tell you? I lasted a few days, but it's like a drug and the withdrawal was too brutal. And I'm not the only one who couldn't resist. The boss was just waiting for an excuse to come here. This time, I managed to negotiate to get my laptop back.
:ROFLMAO: Same deal here I guess... no time to even check in during the past week so I'm spending a nice chunk of my Sunday catching up. Already not looking forward to the next few days but needed my fix. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Resisting questioning or commenting on this in any way, shape, or form for all of our sakes. :whistle:
Hell yeah! women can be a little excessive sometimes on certain topics :cautious:

:ROFLMAO: Same deal here I guess... no time to even check in during the past week so I'm spending a nice chunk of my Sunday catching up. Already not looking forward to the next few days but needed my fix. ;)
Yeah! It was a little fix, but I already feel a lot better :ROFLMAO:

Ok, tomorrow heading to LA early for the real deal, so we'll be offline for now. I'm sure we'll manage to come from time to time. have fun guys ;)

♂♀

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
well i have no idea what are speedlimits (if there are any and if those are obeyed) so used 60kph as a speed.
Most of the speed limits on the main highways are about 75 mph (approx 120KPH) around here.

*Edit* I see this has been thoroughly addressed in my absence, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: hampsure

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I just have one question. If I don't go with her romance route does you know who still end up living and ok in the end? I am afraid to play and check for my self.

Also it's always curious to read and hear about how casually americans move hundreds of kilometers. Like, I am from Europe and so from my perspective that sort of thing is semi unthinkable as it would basically mean moving to a foreign country with a completely alien culture, language and possibly even currency. So like it might as well be an alien planet for all intents and purposes. Thus you all talking about it so casually it triggers an odd sense of curiosity and wonder thinking about it. Kind of like reading about the explorers of old going into the unknown.

Last edited:

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
I just have one question. If I don't go with her romance route does you know who still end up living and ok in the end? I am afraid to play and check for my self.
Don't worry too much. :) No matter who you choose, everyone ends up okay in the end. The core story stays the same while some of the details (and what you see) change based on choices.

Also it's always curious to read and hear about how casually americans move hundreds of kilometers. Like, I am from Europe and so from my perspective that sort of thing is semi unthinkable as it would basically mean moving to a foreign country with a completely alien culture, language and possibly even currency. So like it might as well be an alien planet for all intents and purposes. Thus you all talking about it so casually it triggers an odd sense of curiosity and wonder thinking about it. Kind of like reading about the explorers of old going into the unknown.
Haha, interesting take on it. We have our own headaches to deal with. Each state is a bit different and I think the biggest things to get used to are differences in culture from area to area. I had friends that moved out to the midwest from the east coast and had a hard time fitting in because they were too straight-forward in how they talked to people compared to what the norm was locally.... traveling to visit relatives in the south is always complete culture shock as well. Still, it seems considerably less problematic than moving to a different country as you mentioned. ;) (*Note: Texas may or may not count as a different country depending who you ask :p)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
(*Note: Texas may or may not count as a different country depending who you ask :p)
It Absolutely does!!! ;)

I remember when I was about 16 I was working at a summer camp in Missouri on the Lake of the Ozarks. I worked on the boat dock. We sold gas, bait, sun screen, and rented stalls for boats to dock at, paddleboats, canoes, rowboats, and rowboats with small 6hp outboard motors. We had running water in the form of a sink and another faucet over a huge tank for minnows, but no toilet. We had to lock up the shop and run up the hill to another building to use the big public restroom, so we would be as quick as we could and just do our business and run back and wash out hands when we got back to the dock. One day after using the urinal I skipped the sink and headed for the exit and a man who was washing his hands said "Hey kid. Where I come from they teach us to wash our hands after we pee." to which I replied "Cool, In Texas they teach us not to piss on our hands." and then I ran out the door. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I did my monthly play through of LOF last night, did Holly/Lexi route. Now at work listening to the LOF Soundtrack on Spotify and rocking out!

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
The best thing about playing LOF is the way it makes you feel.

The worst thing about it is feeling all of those emotions and then turning off the computer to realize that you are all alone.

Maybe one day I will find my Lexi, or Cece, Linda, or any of them really...I'd even take Steph.

Hell, at this point I'd settle for just a friend as true as Chris.

Loneliness sucks!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Don't know if you've ever seen one of these, but it shows Texas in relation to Europe (and other places). Bunch of these maps out there. The most accurate are those that have the countries latitudinally adjusted - standard flat maps tend to exaggerate land masses as they get closer to the poles. There are similar that compares overall US landmass as to Europe as well. It really gets interesting when you compare things like population and GDP - Texas ranks very high. The last rank I saw puts us at the #9 economy worldwide.

Reactions: Grif1001

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
I did my monthly play through of LOF last night, did Holly/Lexi route. Now at work listening to the LOF Soundtrack on Spotify and rocking out!
I just finished another AVN over the weekend and I'm at the point where I need to make a decision about what to do next... do I FINALLY do the next playthrough of LoF, start playing one of the other completed games I've got queued up (which could be either pretty straight-forward or quite involved dependent on the game), play an update to another game I've played, try a newer game in development to see if it interests me, or spend the time on something else entirely? I realize asking here people will have an obvious bias but I thinking I'm looking for a nudge to choose that option anyway. ;)

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
The worst thing about it is feeling all of those emotions and then turning off the computer to realize that you are all alone.
Hate those moments... whether it's a call, visit, or piece of media that gets me on an emotional high and then I'm suddenly alone and acutely aware of it. It happens to me infrequently these days but when it does it seems my brain decides it really wants to reflect on it and I either need to distract myself or indulge it by letting the feeling linger and going though some useless ruminations. Coming down from the emotions of LoF is can definitely be kinda rough (definitely much more so than anything else I've played) and the amount of introspection the game tends to prompt, for better or worse, can easily make one think about their own life. For me the effect was positive but even so it took a bit to regroup after playing.

Hell, at this point I'd settle for just a friend as true as Chris.
Odds of that part may be actually tougher than the other. True blue friends like Chris are extremely hard to come by and then even harder to hold on to over time.

Loneliness sucks!
Feeling lonely sucks for sure. Being alone can be a nice thing though. Embrace it! ;)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I just finished another AVN over the weekend and I'm at the point where I need to make a decision about what to do next... do I FINALLY do the next playthrough of LoF, start playing one of the other completed games I've got queued up (which could be either pretty straight-forward or quite involved dependent on the game), play an update to another game I've played, try a newer game in development to see if it interests me, or spend the time on something else entirely? I realize asking here people will have an obvious bias but I thinking I'm looking for a nudge to choose that option anyway. ;)
Which routes have you played so far?

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Odds of that part may be actually tougher than the other. True blue friends like Chris are extremely hard to come by and then even harder to hold on to over time.
I am very lucky in that respect, I actually have one. We've been friends for 26 years now, but I moved 5 years ago and now I only see him about once a year.

Reactions: hampsure

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Oh... that explains the SECEDE bumper sticker on my vehicle...I wondered why I put it there, lol
No need to lie, we know it says CECEED and is right next to your LEXIED one. ;)

Which routes have you played so far?
Still only the Cece one. I was originally planning on doing Linda next just because I was really curious about what was going on with her when I'd finished the first playthrough and it seemed like it'd be a bit more straightforward/similar to the Cece route than Lexi/Holly routes, but I'm pretty certain I've changed my mind and want to do the Lexi route next. It's been long enough that I'm really looking forward to experiencing it all again (hardest part may be not choosing Cece, lol... well, and the emotions of course).

I am very lucky in that respect, I actually have one. We've been friends for 26 years now, but I moved 5 years ago and now I only see him about once a year.
Cheers to that. I'm in a similar situation myself... my closest friend and I have stuck it out together through thick and thin the past 24 years but with distance and other things in our own lives we rarely get to actually see each other anymore. Text messages and the occasional crazy catch up phone calls are how we keep in touch more regularly these days.

• Haha
4.80 star(s) 567 Votes